So I was eating a power bar today, looking over the nutritional information, when I noticed the best before date on the inside of the wrapper: “Exp. 07/03/08 08:28AM”. Not “08:27AM” or “08:29AM” or even “8:00AM-ish” but exactly “08:28AM”. How’s that for accuracy. Do you suppose that if I actually set it aside for a few months, I could detect a slight yet discernible difference between the flavor of the bar consumed at 6:00AM compared to, oh, 1:30PM? Probably. After all, calculating the shelf life of power bars is an exact science. It’s not like milk or ground beef where the best before date is really more of a suggestion than a rule set in stone.
Oh, I know what you’re thinking. Poor Joe, incapable of even opening up a can of La Costena whole black beans, he has resigned himself to the simplicity of power bars. What’s next? Saltines and shredded cardboard in milk? Well, you’ll be pleased to hear that I’m actually doing alright. Last night, I made myself a wonderful broiled filet of sole with cipolinni onions in a brown butter sauce. On tonight’s menu: more filet of sole, this time broiled with lemon and parsley. Yeah, I’ve been doing alright on my own but I really feel I’ve held off long enough. Maybe tomorrow night I’ll swing by Fuel and see how Tom and Chef Belcham are doing.
Someone commented today about the gunfire in the behind the scenes segments. In essence: “Pretty damn loud no?” YES! As I responded to IamJohn, the gunfire is so loud that the cast and crew are given ear plugs for these scenes. The ear plugs muffle the sounds of the gunfire, but they also make it harder to hear the director…
http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view¤t=Joegunfire.flv
Today’s mailbag:
Pauline writes: “Did Marty G have the portrait in the script from the beginning…”
Anwer: Yes, he did.
Mackenzie’s Momma writes: “Wouldn’t that line refer more to Miller’s Crossing than McKay and Mrs. Miller?!”
Answer: Woops, my mistake. I went back and fixed it.
ccdsah writes: “Is it possible that she’ll direct a season 5 episode?”
Answer: No actors will be directing episodes this season.
Emily writes: “Speaking of books, have you started on Bright of the Sky yet?”
Answer: Just finished it last night. Let me know what you think.
IamJohn writes: “Are the fake gunshots not loud enough to cause problems, or am I just missing something?”
Answer: No, those rounds are damn loud. So loud, in fact, that the cast and crew are given ear plugs before any scenes requiring gunfire - which kind of makes it hard to hear anything else. Check out today’s clip.
Morjana Coffman writes: “In watching “Harmony” again today (for the fourth time), I noticed in the closed captioning that they referred to Rodney’s handheld device as a PFD.
PFD as in…?”
Answer: Plot Forwarding Device.
Doci121787 writes: “Also im going to be in Vancouver in a couple of weeks, what is a good French resturant for a first timer?”
Answer: I’d suggest Bistro Bistrot on West 4th.
Squall78 writes: “My question was if you had any numbers for the Live + 7 for “BAMSR”.”
Answer: To be honest, I haven’t bothered looking into them, but I’m sure the numbers are out there somewhere.
Katja writes: “Whatever happened to the ship Tria?”
Answer: Without hyperspace capabilities, it is now a very interesting museum piece located somewhere between both galaxies.
C writes: “Forgot to ask, was there some outside reason for Harmony not including the whole team (actors were busy) or was it just planned that way because? Was there thought about the inside reason for why Ronon and Teyla wouldn’t be there?”
Answer: Rachel was far along in her pregnancy and we wanted to give her some time off to rest. Jason was also on baby watch and we needed a Ronon-light episode so that he could dash off for the birth without it affecting production.
Farscapefan writes: “…there’s a chance that Brad Wright or Rob Cooper will invite Claudia to the third or perhaps fourth SG-1 movie? Vala is too important character to really big part of the audience and deserve a story in the movie as the MAIN character, devoted to her entirely.”
Answer: I can’t speak for Brad and Robert, but I can say that we have no plans for Vala in Atlantis. As for a movie entirely devoted to the Vala character - again, I can’t speak for Brad and Robert but I think that would be highly unlikely. Future movies should focus on the team.
Mags writes: “Where you inspired by the Dolphins in Hitchhiker’s Guide when thinking up the Whangels?”
Answer: It was more than mere coincidence.
Poundpuppy29 writes: “The decision may have been made but fans have made a difference before it has happened in this franchise remember the Daniel wars I wasn’t around then but I have read plenty about it and they did make a difference.”
Answer: Um, according to who? The people who took part in the campaign? In reality, the decision to bring Daniel back had everything to do with Michael’s talent, longtime viewers’ familiarity with his character, and the fact that the show was looking at drastically reduced role for Richard Dean Anderson. So, bad example. Better example: perhaps the Save Carson Beckett campaign? Well, let’s wait and see what season 5 brings.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment