Monday, November 26, 2007

November 26, 2007

Okay, so what did everyone think of this month’s Book of the Month Club selections: Stephen King’s The Gunslinger (book one of the Dark Tower series) and Frank Herbert’s The White Plague? What’s that? You want me to go first? Alright. Let’s start with -

The Gunslinger

Let me preface my thoughts on this book by saying I think Stephen King is a fabulous writer. His books have been described as “compulsively readable” and I would wholeheartedly agree. That said, however, I found The Gunslinger a very difficult read - at times slow, at times purposely confusing, and, in general, lacking the trademark King characterization present in most everything else he has written. Granted, he was 19 at the time he wrote The Gunslinger and he had yet to develop into the master storyteller he is today, but what surprised me about this book was not a failing on the part of the writer to deliver an engaging read, but an apparent unwillingness to do so. The purpose of our protagonist’s quest is shrouded in mystery, some of the mystical developments downright incomprehensible. King’s work in the horror genre, despite its fantastical subject matter, has always felt grounded and that, in my opinion, is the reason for his broad appeal - he creates a world the reader can relate to and peoples it with characters they can relate with. In the case of The Gunslinger, I felt let down on both counts.

Several fans of the Dark Tower series warn that Book One is a tough slog, and King himself in the preface to my edition of the book readily admits that the series only really picks up in the third installment. I give King the benefit of the doubt and while I wouldn’t hesitate to pick up another one of his books, I’m afraid it won’t be Book Two of the Dark Tower series.

The White Plague

I read the first 100 or so pages of this book in one sitting (Which may not sound like a big deal but the typeface in my edition of this book was tiny. Let’s put it this way - I could have finished Book Two of the Dark Tower series in the time it took me to read these 100 pages). The narrative hits the ground running with a horrifying terrorist act, a grieving victim left unhinged by the attack that killed his wife and children, and his horrific revenge on those he holds responsible: Ireland, England, and Libya. It isn’t long before this revenge, a plague that targets women, soon spreads to other parts of the globe, resulting in mass panics and attempts to contain the spread of the plague through a scorched earth strategy that leaves scores dead and whole cities destroyed. The world governments gather their best and brightest - a team of scientists who race against time to find a solution to an outbreak that threatens the very existence of humankind. It’s a spellbinding read, those first 100 or so pages are, and then things begin to slowly unravel. We hopscotch back and forth between different characters, some interesting, some not so much (ie. What the heck was going on with the papal mission?), and for reasons I’m still having a hard time understanding, the mastermind of the plague travels back to Ireland where, coincidences of coincidences, he meets up with the individual responsible for the death of his wife and children. They spend the back half of the novel journeying through a decimated Irish countryside with a priest and a young boy in a development that I can only describe as a let-down after those first 100 pages. It’s very well-written and the discussion of the bigger issues (relative guilt, what constitutes revenge) are food for thought, but at the end of the day, too many characters and too diffuse a storyline end up scuttling a very promising narrative.

Overall, beautifully written and thought-provoking, but somewhat dissatisfying given the promise of its superlative start.


Okay, so what did everyone else think?

By the way, to those of you still keeping track, less than 25 000 more visits to go before we hit the magic 750 000 and the lucky virtual dinner winner.

Oh, and to those who keep asking about making cookie deliveries - Carl Binder will be picketing at the Disney studios in Burbank, from 8:00am-11:00am in front of the Buena Vista gate. Please be respectful. In other words, no oatmeal cookies.

Finally - whoever left the link to that gaming petition. I can't approve it because, quite frankly, I don't understand it.

Today’s mailbag:

Gracey writes: “ Who's office is the video game in? And why does it seem like you all hang out in the hallways so much??”

Answer: The video game is in the writers’ room to ensure we are never overly productive. And we hang out in the hallways a lot because there is one less office than there are producers so that we are forced into constant rotation, like playing a season-long game of musical chairs.

Aquarian writes: “If a waitperson asks if you want hot peppers, do you take Jalapenos, Habaneros, (other), or none?”

Answer: I’ll go habanero - and a glass of milk, please.

AMZ writes: “…have you ever had any funny line moments in scripts written by you and Paul Mullie?”

Answer: Er, I’m not sure I understand the question.

Chevron7 writes: “Do you hate my questions? Most of them never get answered. Do you hate me?”

Answer: I don’t know. Tell me a little about yourself.

Gatedialer writes: “Joe, have you ever read any of Max Brooks Zombie books?”

Answer: Read ‘em both and loved ‘em.

Kdvb1 writes: “Why do the Wraith have sharp teeth as they (and Iratus bugs) don't chew food to eat? Can Wraith feed on animals instead of humans?”

Answer: They can chew food (ie. Condemned) but it can be argued that their sharp teeth are, like claws, an offensive/defensive holdover of their evolution. Also, they can feed on animals but they are hardly as satisfying. Why have cow hamburger when you can have human steak?

Michelle writes: “Regarding yesterday's tee-shirt, I'd like to respond with: All Your Base Are Belong to Us. Seems fitting.”

Answer: I’ve gotta find a way to work this in to a future episode.

Emily writes: “Do you have any bets as to who will be this year's Ultimate Survivor?”

Answer: Unless his teammates blindside him in the next two weeks, I think James has pretty much got it locked up.

Tenmongaku writes: “Is there somewhere in Japan that you haven't been that you are particularly interested in visiting? If so, why?”

Answer: I’d like to visit an onsen.

Anonymous #1 writes: “Actually I was talking about the collateral damage suffered by your (increasingly tedious) planet of the week "primitives" who seem to be hoovered up at an alarming rate by the Wraith. The Wraith that were awakened in great numbers by ignorant, blundering invaders from another galaxy who just because Atlantis has something they want seem to think they have a right to a) take it b) hold it all costs c) continue to disrupt the balance of a galaxy they still know little about.”

Answer: The wraith were mistakenly awakened in Rising, while Dr. Weir as at the helm by the way, so the evidence you’ve supplied to support your argument would suggest that, under the diplomat’s command, the expedition screwed up in a big way. Also, I don’t see how adopting a more conciliatory approach toward the wraith would solve the problem. At this point, the expedition could either cut and run and abandon the humans of the Pegasus Galaxy (which is what you appear to be suggesting) or they could call in the proper reinforcements (the military) and try to deal with the threat. Also, the term “planet of the week” only applies if we actually visit a planet a week or, heck, one every three weeks.

Chez writes: “ Just a bit of trivia, Sean Williams loves Stargate - I've worked with him at the SA WORD festival, and I hope you don't mind if I send him to check out your blog!”

Answer: By all means. And even if The Crooked Letter does come up short to The Princess Bride in the BOTM vote, I’ll be reading Sean’s book regardless.

Padawan Aneiki writes: “When you guys write an episode, do you write it already IN script form, or do you have to take the time to adapt what you've written INTO script form?”

Answer: We spin for a few days, then break the story (in one or two days). The outline is then written in about a week, after which the first draft if written in about two weeks. Subsequent rewrites take anywhere from a day to a full week.

Anonymous #1 writes: “I was wandering if you have a favorite scene or episode that you have written, since you joined the writing team in season four, for the character of Daniel?”

Answer: The Curse way back in season four.

MrsB108 writes: “Does the weight of all the dead inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy due to the Replicator base code have a profound effect on the characters for the rest of the season? Will they suffer for what they've done?”

Answer: They will come to face the consequences of all of their actions/mistakes.

Jmac9ky2k8 writes: “Again, thanks for your time and your support. You were very generous.”

Answer: No problem. As I said in the room, it’s tough, what with some 300 stories already in the can. And I’ll be sure to check out Kingyo.

Farscapefan writes: “Is Brad Wright going to shut Daniel/Vala fans/shippers up effectively erasing "Unending" events ?”

Answer: Nope. Although the end of Unending pretty much erased those events.

Elizabeth writes: “ Do you like eggnog (the non-alcoholic variety, of course)?”

Answer: Love it. I even made eggnog ice cream last year.

94 comments:

Quantaqua said...

Have you ever eaten a "stroopwafel"?
Any comments?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

congratulations on 1 year of blogging.

I have been slightly under the weather, so missed the competition. Sadly, I didn't know any answers.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Is there any food you haven't tried yet that you'd like to? (you read about it or saw it on TV and thought, 'hmmm, might be good').

Anonymous said...

Joe, what is your favourite movie? Have you tried any aussie foods?
Hopefully us aussies will get to see you at a con in the next couple of years!

Extremely happy Atlanis has been picked up for 5th season! I hope it goes for for another 5 years or more! Do you see yourself writing for atlantis for another 5 years?
Have you tried chocolate from australia?
Dark chocolate is good for you! So i.ve been told!
Cathie

ActingChick said...

I am two thirds of the way through Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series in anticipation of the movie the Golden Compass. So far I am enjoying them greatly.

I had been on a long break from my sci-fi/fantasy reading, but am now getting back into it. Can you recommend some good books. Anything with a tough, sexy female protagonist? (Not necessary, just frosting on the cake)

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Michelle writes: “Regarding yesterday's tee-shirt, I'd like to respond with: All Your Base Are Belong to Us. Seems fitting.”

Answer: I’ve gotta find a way to work this in to a future episode.


Seems llike the kind of thing McKay would probably be aware of and possibly even Sheppard... I could totally see that cropping up in one of their random geeky conversations! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, sorry to double post, but do you know if Jason and Joe's homes are in any danger of the latest Malibu fires??

Please let them know we are thinking of them and hope they are safe.

Amy Lynn said...

Aparently I had the same experience as you in reading The White Plague (first 100 pages flew by). After that I kinda got lost with all the science talk and such and just speed read through the rest.

Though it definately was worth finishing I'm not sure I'd ever want to read it again. Though I kinda wonder how they did figure out the "cure".

And alas I never did get around to reading The Gunslinger (bad book club memeber I am-please don't kick me out.) Eventually I will.

Awaiting the next book choices.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
When you wrote the very touching, almost lover-like goodbye scene between Sam and Teal'c in Reunion did you take into account Sam and Teal'c intimate relationship from Unending which BTW Teal'c remembers? The decision to have Teal'c in season 4 is motivated if only in part by the same thing?
When Stargate is over what kind of show do you see yourself writing/producing? Another sci-fi or drama? What about a sit-com?

Seahen said...

Hi Joe!

I was doing my Christmas shopping today and couldn't come up with anything for my uncle. Then I remembered that he loves chocolate. Not being a chocolate nut myself, do you have any recommendations you could pass along? Thanks!

Dovil said...

Also, they can feed on animals but they are hardly as satisfying. Why have cow hamburger when you can have human steak?

Oh, fantastic! I never knew whether Wraith were meant to be stuck on an all human diet or whether they were capable of snacking on the entire animal kingdom menu. Personally I find when my meal is trying to engage me in a converation outlining why they don't want to be eaten that it kind of puts me off, so it adds a new slant to the Wraith Are Evil Space Vampires arguement.

If I was a Wraith I would hunt down tortises and blue whales and other longer living animals and grow fat on the gorging. Then I would sell the desiccated meat to McDonalds and quit my day job.

Anonymous said...

Since you have now confirmed my theory the Wraith can feed on animals, am I also right in my guess that small animals would die of shock too quickly to be of use? What about my guess that small human children would also be unable to handle the shock? Yeah or Nay?

Anne Teldy

Anonymous said...

I apologize if this double posts as my computer told me there was an error.

Me, again, asking a repeat of a question I asked before.

I know you can't read fan fiction for Legal Dept. reasons, but I'm wondering about the comments here. What if someone states an idea or a wish for future storylines and they've hit on something that just happens to be in the works. Would you have to kill the storyline then? Does it depend on whether it's a minor detail or an entire plot?

An example: Let's pretend that last November when you were breaking Season 4 (is that the correct terminology?), FanX said "I wonder what would happen if the expedition members lost their memories. I bet.... [some details of Tabula Rasa]"

Would you have to go to the office next day and say "Bad news. FanX just posted the plot of Episode 6 on my blog. Said it was his own idea. So, now what'll we do? We're an episode short."

I don't want to post an idea -- such as why I think the "How to Make ZPMs" tutorial is missing from the ancients' database or my "Wraith can't feed on small children" theory (oops!:-)-- if it would mean you can't use it if you've thought of it yourselves.

Advise, please.

Anne Teldy

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe -

Did your parents expose you to all different kinds of food when you were young? Being someone who is disgusted by most foods, I think if my parents were more daring I would have been too.

Anonymous said...

I understand about the difficulty in slogging through the Dark Towers series. I only managed to make it to where it was actually readable because my husband had already read the darn thing and was pestering me to do the same. That being said, have you ever read Conquistador by SM Stirling?

psychedoc said...

Just saw the trailer for Miller's Crossing and I have questions. What's with Mckay's pants? Did the actor p___off the costume department, or were ya'll just trying to show that Sheppard isn't really afraid of clowns?
Admittedly, I may be missing the deep subtext and far-reaching psychological ramifications of this episode. I'm shallow that way.

AntiM said...

If you ever do get back to Japan, make sure you visit an onsen well away from Tokyo ... Nikko, Lake Hakone or Mt.Fuji are great for hot springs.

We were up in the mountains camping with the Rising Sons, and there was an onsen on the side of the hill. I had the female half all to myself; the pool was artfully constructed to look like natural boulders. A light cold rain was falling, I had a view of the deep valley filled with pine trees and fog. Gorgeous!

You've gone and made me homesick.

Anonymous said...

You know, I actually thought you'd answer at least one of my questions this time around. Even if I can't remember what it was...

Thornyrose said...

I've a question pretty much unrelated to today's post. In season five, are we going to see any of the politics going on back on Earth? Specifically, I'm wondering if and when the whole Stargate secret is finally going to get out to the public. It would be interesting to see how such events would affect the activities in Pegasus galaxy.
My apologies for failing to comment on this month's book selections, but I didnt pick up either choice. I'm heading to the store tomorrow to get all four choices in the upcoming selection to redeem myself.

Chantaal said...

I felt the exact same way when I first read The Gunslinger, and for years I didn't want to touch the rest of the Dark Tower series. But I was finally convinced to by friends, and once you get into the second and third books, the world opens up and it becomes a much easier, much more addictive read.

The problem with The Gunslinger is that it's better read if you pick it up last, not first. I hope you eventually decide to try the rest of the series, though. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

I only read Gunslinger, and I was all prepared to share my thoughts, but...alas...mine are apparently wholly unoriginal, as I think pretty much exactly what you thought!

I found the whole quest vague. I don't mind a little mystery in a book -- I'm not such a lazy reader that every little thing has to be spelled out for me -- but in this one, I never did feel bought into the journey because I never understood its purpose (other than an unclear reference or two to the disturbance of time).

What made that even more of a deficit was a hero who committed some really awful acts. Maybe if I'd understood the importance of his journey, I could have accepted his decisions better. But not knowing why he was doing what he was doing made if difficult to find him likable given his actions.

I thought the first of the three sections was quite slow. The second of the three was perhaps the best, but then he ended it with the sacrifice of Jake, which was tough. I found Roland's relationship with Jake the most interesting part of the book, so the third part was flat to me without the boy.

Overall, I'm with you. I won't be picking up Book Two.

As an aside, I found it really self-indulgent that in this version of the book there was both a forward and an introduction, adding up to a full 19 pages of preface material. How many writers can get away with that with the cost of pages/papter these days? King seemed to be both apologizing for the book and defending it at the same time. It just seemed...well, like I said...self-indulgent and turned me off before I even got to the first sentence of story.

Kind of wish I'd picked up White Plague instead...

Regards, looking forward to next month's selections,
WB

Annie said...

I promise I'll read one of those books.. not much of a reader here.

My apologies, I've asked a couple of questions that have been answered just by my reading your older blogs. Ok ok so I'm new to reading this blog. It's most enjoyable and I'd like to know if you can recommend any cleaners to do my housework whilst I enjoy reading the archives? Never mind that I'm in Australia and that my dishes are piling up.

Have you been game enough to try birdspittle soup? It's made with bird saliva. (if you have, you're a braver person than I). What's the most unusual dish you've tried?

Anonymous said...

Kdvb1 writes: “Why do the Wraith have sharp teeth as they (and Iratus bugs) don't chew food to eat? Can Wraith feed on animals instead of humans?”

Answer: "They can chew food (ie. Condemned) but it can be argued that their sharp teeth are, like claws, an offensive/defensive holdover of their evolution. Also, they can feed on animals but they are hardly as satisfying. Why have cow hamburger when you can have human steak?"

Thank you...thank you...thank you for answering!!! I know I thanked you in advance...but I'm a very happy camper now! *I'm so easily pleased ;~D*

I did actually remember about them eating/chewing in "Condemned"...but they don't seem to be inclined to give up sucking the life out of people in favor of that...lol. That makes sense for them to have sharp teeth for offense & defense...doh...I should have thought of that. And it's great to know they can be kept alive by feeding them animals if you need one around for something. *hmm....why would you want a wraith around?*

Oh yeah!!! I can see an episode where a wraith is chained and forced to make people younger...lots of money in that...Cool!

The daydreams are spinning with this one!!! *sighs with pleasure*

Most happily,
Kimberly

Amz said...

Joe, let me try and explain my latest question (which you were sure you understood). What I meant by "funny line moments in scripts written by you and Paul Mullie" was have actors (or any other production people) ever misread lines or interpreted them in an amusing way. Does that make more sense?

AntiM said...

See's Candies will have their Egg Nog Truffles out on December first. I generally dislike white chocolate, but for these, I'd make an exception. See's? You say? Only the very best candymaker in the Western United States.

(No oatmeal cookies? Philistines! I bet they hate raisins too.)

Arctic Goddess said...

Hi Joe:

What would you most like to be remembered for?

Patricia

Riley said...

I even made eggnog ice cream last year.

Oh, come on! You tease. You can't just leave it there. Recipe, please!

Amz said...

Now, in regards to the books. I couldn't get a copy of The White Plague (I think that is yet another book you've had in the book club which is rare in Australia). But I have read and reread The Gunslinger a few times.

I'll admit I think out of all the contemporary writers I've read, Stephen King is my favourite because of the way he writes and what he writes about. And I do like The Gunslinger.

I didn't find any of the developments "incomprehensible", but I'd be interested to know what specifics you were thinking of Joe.

I think The Gunslinger's world is as believeable as many of his other books, mainly because of the vivid descriptions he uses throughout the book. And I also really like the different narrative structure, which shifts from present to past several times in the book.

My opinion is probably, at least slightly influenced by having read The Dark Tower series a couple of times, but I disagree with anyone who says the series doesn't pick up until the third book. The second book remains my favourite. But it's not for everyone I suppose.

Haven't decided where my votes will go for next months yet, but I'll be sure to do so before Wednesday.

Agent Dark said...

Michelle writes: “Regarding yesterday's tee-shirt, I'd like to respond with: All Your Base Are Belong to Us. Seems fitting.”

Answer: I’ve gotta find a way to work this in to a future episode.


lol, if you could do this you'd be a bloody legend haha. Maybe you could use some other lines from it as well, such as "For Great Justice", "Main Screen Turn On" and "You Have No Chance To Survive, Make Your Time"

Anonymous said...

Joe:

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question, especially when I know how busy you are and have so many questions to go through.

The Curse is one of my favorite Daniel episodes. You did an excellent job giving us a peek into Daniel's past, and Sara's introduction was handled so well.

Superb Daniel episode. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thought "The Gunslinger" disjointed and difficult to follow. Don't get me wrong - I'm a Stephen King fan from way back, and "The Stand" is one of my all-time fav's. However, I found Gunslinger torturous at best, and extremely difficult to follow. In fact, I'm not altogether sure I DID follow! Instead of being interestingly mysterious, the characters (and the whole story) came accross as just plain unfathomable.
Can't give an opinion on White Plague yet ...

Anonymous said...

Without giving any spoilers ,I was wondering if the anticipated Stargate film Ark of Truth will see the realtionship of Daniel/Vala advance in any way?

Jenny Robin said...

Memphis Barbecue Review!

Part 1 of my foodie foray is now up and available on my blog. You can get there by clicking on my blue name above, then scroll down and click on my blog name.

Enjoy.

ShimmeringStar said...

Congrats on the year of blogging. (I read you on an RSS feed in my LJ.)

I wondered if you've read William Gibson's "Idoru" and "Yesterday's Parties" and what you thought of them if you have. (I've realized I didn't read the first in that trilogy - "Virtual Light.")

Hope you have some time off over the holidays to relax and recharge those creative 'batteries' before next season's SG:A filming begins. :)

Anonymous said...

Having noted the happy effects of homemade eggnog on my in-laws, I often think there ought to be some kind of Culinary Peace Prize. Seriously. - How did your eggnog ice cream turn out?

Emily said...

When you travel, do you place more importance on "tourist" destinations or degustation destinations? In other words, sights or food?

Keirberos said...

Hey, speaking of Carl Binder, has anyone heard from him lately? How's our man doing?

Iris said...

Did you watch the Iron Chef America Battle last night between Robert Irvine&Tyler Florence and Kat Cora &Paula Deen? If not, I won't spoil the ending, but I didn't agree with the results! Although, Paula did share an odd moment with the chairman.

Are you gong to judge on that show anytime soon? You would be ideal!

Royal

PapaSmurf said...

Congrats on the year anniversary. Question: Will we be seeing any new species in season 4 or 5?

Anonymous said...

Michelle writes: “Regarding yesterday's tee-shirt, I'd like to respond with: All Your Base Are Belong to Us. Seems fitting.”

Answer: I’ve gotta find a way to work this in to a future episode.


Yes. YES YES YES. It could be malfunctioning replicators that say it, too. Like their grammar subroutines are all messed up after McKay was "tinkering" with the base code...

Anonymous said...

Hi, new SGA fan here!

I've been catching up with the past seasons ever since I saw "The Seer."

I love the Common Ground Wraith. Nice touch with not naming him, as all the other Wraiths that Sheppard named had died and were personally encountered as enemies. While first personal encounter with the Common Ground Wraith was not. Also, by naming them, Sheppard was mocking them and showing a method of control.

I hope the continual lack of giving the Common Ground Wraith a name shows that you guys won't be killing him off. (That or he lets Sheppard give him a name to call him by.) He is by far the most interesting Wraith. And it would be cool to have one Wraith that the Atlantis team can have some sort of reasonable negotiations with.

And that he doesn't get the retrovirus treatment either. I'm worried that you guys will be defanging him too. Here's hoping to that Wraith's continual survival!

Keep up the great work! Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Ben Browder mentioned that he'd be going up to Vancouver in December for the premiere of Ark of Truth. Are you going to be there? And when is the premiere? Will there be press there too?

Anonymous said...

The taffy was a disaster. Sorry. Maybe next year.

Anonymous said...

Visiting an onsen would certainly be a wonderful experience. I lived in Japan once, and I really want to go back, especially to visit Kyoto again. Alas...Japan is so expensive...and the US dollar is so weak...

Anonymous said...

Answer: We spin for a few days, then break the story (in one or two days).

It must have been a long day at work. This part of your answer conjured the writers of SGA whirling like Dervishes, long skirts and all, then doing one of those break dance moves. That will now happen every time you take about spinning a story.

How is the spinning, by the way? Are y'all coming up with lots of really good, fun filled stories for season 5?

Gwen said...

Joe,

There's a rumour that there will be a 'premier' of the Ark of Truth in Vancouver. I know you aren't involved with that production, but if you hear anything, can you give us the scoop?

Jedi said...

Hi Joe,

Question:
I have been heard that there is a new wild fire in Malibu, do you know if it is any where near Joe's and Jason's homes?

LilFerret said...

I whole-heartedly agree with you on The Gunslinger. I have the complete series, but after finishing book one, I have only stumbled onto page four of the second book. It's so bad that, at the moment, I can't even remember the name of it.

Usually I read John Saul or Dean Koontz, both being able to engage me in their stories immediately (John Saul especially. He's my favorite.)

morgia said...

Bonsoir Joseph,
Je ne sais pas quoi lire ces temps-ci, alors je vais me fier à ton jugement en ce qui concerne les livres que tu proposes (est-ce que je fais une gaffe ? Hum...) J'adore Stephen King, je vais essayer de le lire en anglais (en espérant qu'il ne soit pas trop compliqué) En fait, je parle très bien anglais et je comprend également pas mal ce que je lis quand c'est en anglais (bon ma phrase est bizarre, mais l'essentiel est là). «Alors pourquoi écire en français alors ?» tu demandes assuuuuurément à cet instant. Hé bien, comment oserais-je t'enlever le plaisir de lire de temps en temps un peu de français ? Non, non, mes parents m'ont bien élevé, ce que je donne je ne le reprends pas. lol
Bonne soirée
P.S Il neige toujours
P.P.S As-tu déjà mangé du bon chocolat noir aux bleuets
P.P.P.S As-tu déjà vu le film Chocolat avec Juliette Binoche et Johnny Deep? Ça parle de chocolat tout au long du film...

Sand said...

Do you think the writers strike could help SGA's ratings? It seems like major shows out there are running out of scripts. Perhaps people will turn to cable to combat last minute reality shows?

Anonymous said...

Stupid question, but it's been bugging me for a while. What's the little button thingy in the middle of the DHD called?

Anonymous said...

Answer: Nope. Although the end of Unending pretty much erased those events.

Um... what about Vala echoing Daniel's whole 'Life's too short' line from within the bubble. Doesn't that mean that there is some connection between the bubble universe that was created and the regular one that emerged from the end... I mean that line along with the look that Daniel and Vala shared pretty much clinched that the feelings are there and will just need a little poking and prodding to come out again.

In response to something someone said on yesterday’s blog- I am well aware that Joe is not ethically or morally obligated to answer any of our questions but so long as my questions keep going through, I’m going to keep asking them.

So Joe- here it is again... can you tell us why you can’t tell us what the title of Torri’s fourth episode is?

Take Care.
Anjirika.

AscendedTauri said...

The planning/writting of episodes seems to take place very quickly. With that:

How much of Season 5 do you have planned out as of now? i.e. how many episodes are already out to be written????

Do you decide on guest actors before or after you write scripts?

Anonymous said...

1.) Did you leave Weir's character open to return after Be All My Sins Remembered or will she disappear like Ford?
2.) If you bring the great Michael Shanks into the fifth season, will he be a part of an arc, or will he just come to visit Carter and then go home?
3.) Any chance of having Daniel and Teal'c or Mitchell go together to Atlantis?

Charles Schneider said...

My new JM book club votes go to Princess Bride and The Time Traveler's Wife.

I don't have a lot to say about Plague. I know how prolific Frank Herbert is, but I really enjoyed the world he created for the Dune series much more than the Plague-verse. As a result I didn't really get as sucked in to the story.

I didn't manage to get through The Dark Tower, so I'll keep quiet about that one.

Does Carl have any stories from the front lines so far? I can't really see him pelting studio execs cars with rotten fruit. I imagine there's all kinds of personalities there with him though.

RebeccaH said...

I had to order The White Plague from Amazon, as it's out of print, and it only cost me a nickle (plus $6.96 in shipping). For five cents, I expected a tattered paperback, so imagine my surprise when I got a hardback in mint condition. After reading it, I somewhat understand.

The book could have been cut down by a third, in my opinion. As you said, JM, too many characters, and frankly, too many mysterious conspiracies (of the kind that Frank Herbert has loved in all his books). The walk across Ireland took too long, and there were too many elliptical conversations, and too many speeches bewailing the Agony of Ireland, with all of it delivered in this "Quiet Man" Irish brogue that made me think of the old friendly, neighborhood Irish cop caricature. After a while, it wasn't funny anymore.

The explanations of genetic manipulation were incomprehensible. Even when the scientists speaking tried to simplify it, I didn't understand, but I had a vague feeling that a real geneticist of today would find the explanations of O'Neill's "genius" manipulations laughably elementary. In fact, I found it very distracting that the story dated itself by speaking of using a computer as a new, unheard of tool in gene resequencing.

I've always had the feeling that Frank Herbert was a secret Luddite. Technology and scientists took a hard slam in this story. I almost wonder if Herbert meant it as a cautionary tale.

Even though Herbert posed some really intriguing philosophical questions, and some massive political what-ifs, nothing was ever really answered to my satisfaction. Not an enjoyable read, this one.

As for The Gunslinger, Stephen King's books have always been hit or miss with me. He can evoke a mood and a place, but he has to be the wordiest author on the planet. Still, I was entertained by the book. His foreword more or less admitted that The Lord of the Rings was an influence, and I saw elements of that, even though he set the story in some kind of post-apocalyptic wild west.

I wish there would have been more explanation about what the Dark Tower actually was, and why the Gunslinger was looking for it, and what happened exactly to his people that set him on his quest. Who was the boy, and how did he get where he was, and why was he sacrificed? It's annoying to have to read subsequent books to get answers when you don't trust that you'll actually get answers to everything. When I finally chew through the stack of books on my bedside shelf, I might go to Half Price Books and see if I can find the other Dark Tower books. Maybe.

Cheers,
RebeccaH

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd chime in here with my critique of The Gunslinger and The White Plague.

I felt unsatisfied with The Gunslinger. Actually, it felt incomplete. It's not that I was disappointed when I got to the end of the book and realized he was still a long way from the Dark Tower, it's that it felt like there should've been a message at the end saying, "And be sure to pick up my next book to find out what happens." The Gunslinger felt more like the first chapter of a larger novel than it's own story.

The White Plague - yeah those first 100 pages were great. But then, all those characters and the whole political/religious agenda really bogged down what at promised to be a very interesting story. I felt there was too much telling and not enough showing. Most of the time I felt like someone trapped in a room watching people talk about all this really interesting stuff going on outside.

I liked the idea of the plague mastermind unknowingly teaming up with terrorist responsible for the death of his wife and children.

I thought the ending was disappointing. Am I the only one who thought the few remaining women were being turned into incubators for female off-springs. And the whole "Woman in the Tank" being put on display like an animal in a zoo, kind of creeped me out.

Finally, who the heck names their child Dervogilla?

SueS

Michelle said...

Answer: I’ve gotta find a way to work this in to a future episode.

I'm 100% sure Rodney knows about "All your base". Radek too. They'd both be super impressed if John said it, but his coolness cred would take a hit.

And yeah, you'd be a gamer legend if you worked it in. Too bad "The Game" already happened!

Unknown said...

It's been a while since I read The Gunslinger, but I remember liking it enough to read books two and three. Then I think King took a sabbatical (it could've been when he had that horrible accident) and I never got back into them.

That said, the Gunslinger comic (based on the third book but can be read as a standalone) is supposed to be really fantastic.

For my question, have you seen the "top downloaded shows from iTunes" list from the NY Daily news? Do things like that influence TPTB at SciFi at all? I would think that having Atlantis up there with The Hills (they consistently have ratings of 4.0 or 5.0, although why that is I have no idea as the show is wretched) and Grey's Anatomy as the most downloaded shows would mean SOMETHING...!

Mags said...

I've noticed you haven't mentioned any ice cream you've made this year. Is that a thing of the past?

Kyle_of_California said...

Including "all your base are belong to us" has to be totally situational though.. just like the video game... heh. Like a wraith says "all your base are belong to us." someone says "what?" wraith responds with "Antlanis. It will be ours." or something. or a video of David Hewlett dancing around singing it would be funny too. That game rocked though. "Zero Wing" for Sega Mega Drive (Genesis). Was fun. Hope it works out well. Seriously... The internet would love you even more than we already do. Heheheh.

Have you tried fried presciutto and herb with ricotta ravioli's? I know.. seems so American to have something fried... but it's something I've never seen you post and they are extremely good. Especially with a light butter sauce and some olive-oiled french toast.

morjana said...

Hi, Joe.

Congratulations to the Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, and everyone connected to Sanctuary -- their online video series has won TV Guide's Online Video Award for Original Web Drama Series! (Woo-hoo!)

http://www.tvguide.com/Special/OnlineVideoAwards/default.aspx

Joe, is it possible you could update us on the crew/staff/actors who have moved on to other jobs that you keep in touch with?

I know that Peter DeLuise has been busy acting and directing (directory jPod and acting in "Smile of April") -- but what about Michael Greenburg, Peter Woeste, Jonathan Glassner, Damian Kindler, James Tichenor, Jan Newman...they've all been part of my (well, "our") super extended surrogate family for over ten years, I'm just curious.

Thank you!

Best wishes, Morjana

super sandy said...

Hi there!

I'm a huge SGA fan and I adore your blog. I came across something today and thought you might get a kick out of it. I know, it's livejournal which can be scary but you really have to take a peek at this. A couple of fans made a Pegasus version of Edward Gorey's Gashlycrumb Tinies and it's the funniest thing ever!

If you're interested it's at the below lj account - the November 26 entry.

http://argosy.livejournal.com/

Cheers,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Thanks, you answered my question again. So very nice of you! How do you make eggnog ice cream? Do you have a recipe?

Please answer my questions. 1) Do you like green tea ice cream, yes or no? 2) What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Thanks!

Andrew Timson said...

The Gunslinger… I first read the book in eighth grade, so maybe I'm more willing to forgive its sins because of rose-tinted glasses. But I liked that it was willing to not stop and explain everything to the reader; the book just keeps going, sweeping you along for the ride so you don't have time to sit and ask questions. Much like a well-paced movie, in that regard.

I'd have to disagree with King, and say that the series "picks up" in the second book. But the rest of the books are very different beasts from the first; in many regards, it's like the difference between Stargate and Stargate: SG-1. The former wasn't written with any intent of becoming a long-running series, so it was approached from a very different perspective.

*shrug* Different expectations or tastes, I guess?

Given that you (mostly) enjoyed The White Plague, what other Frank Herbert books have you read?

Joshua Meyers said...

Has it been considered to take Rachel out, similarly to what happened to Michael Shanks, in season 6-?(If not why do you feel it wouldn't be the right choice?

Anonymous said...

Dovil said...
Personally, I find, when my meal is trying to engage me in a conversation outlining why they don't want to be eaten, that it kind of puts me off.

I love that… how witty. It’s why I find the Wraith interesting characters – that they can reasonably toy with their food.
___________________________

Joe,

I am so glad to hear that SG-A Season 5 has been given the green light. I do have some more questions:

(1) Will Teyla meet with Todd in the holding cell? From what I recall in The Seer, Teyla had not discovered him on board Atlantis yet.

(2) Will Todd teach Teyla more about her Wraithian “gifts?”

(3) Will we get to see Todd & Teyla fight in the gym? (Why not practice on a real Wraith?)

(4) The Seer did not really enlighten Teyla about her pregnancy, but will Todd detect that she is “with child” and trip her out into the future by feeding on her lightly? : )

(5) Will Todd & Teyla have a telepathic moment in front of the other SG-A crew, that perhaps only John might be able to discern Todd and Teyla talking to each other!!!!?

(6) Concerning Teyla’s experience with the Wraith Queen, would the Wraith Queen be interested in Teyla’s pregnancy for any reason? Is Todd on duel duty to learn about Teyla’s pregnancy – aside from the more immediate Replicator threat?

(7) The Wraith remind me of the aliens in Alien: Resurrection in which they sacrificed one of their own to bleed acid blood to escape their containment at the facility. Would not the Wraith be capable of sacrificing a couple of their own ships as a strategy? Would not controlling Atlantis and the Replicators be worth it?

Thanks Joe.

: )
.
.
.
…Eboni

morjana said...

Hi, Joe.

Programming note for those in the US. Jodelle Ferland, who has a role in SGA's "Harmony" and portrayed Adria age 7 in SG1's "Flesh and Blood," is co-starring in a made-for-tv movie this Sunday, Dec. 2 at 9pm on CBS -- Pictures for Hollis Woods.

Morjana

Unknown said...

Hi Joe,

Congrats on the blog anniversary. It's been fantastically fun to read. Just wondering if you've read anything by Raymond E Feist (Riftwar sagas)? I found the first half of the first book (The Magician)rather mindnumbing but my boyfriend at the time was such a big fan that he practically superglued the book on my hand just to get me to read it. I loved the companion series to it called the Empire trilogy. Sadly though, I've lost interest in it as it was published quite a few years before I was born so it's rather hard to come by. Perphaps you'd have a better chance of finding them? Also I'd also like to mention that I loved Keller in Missing and that I completely agree that cannibals are not fun. I spent my childhood in Fiji so I totally understand. I was told at the tender age of 5 by "our" version of Santa Claus that chinese people tasted like chicken. This was disturbing because

a)I was sitting on his lap at the time

b)I'm chinese

c)He was Fijian.

Thanks for the culinary reads.

P.S What's your take on Korean food? I love spicy food but can't seem to find anything that's quite *hot* enough. A friend of mine did a casual survey where he works and found a popular Thai place that he's taking me to that has a curry that apparently is so hot that it'll make me cry and...well...I won't add the rest. I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

I'm a long time reader of your blog but a first time commenter. I feel compelled by yours and other commenters' assesment of The Gunslinger to make a case for The Dark Tower series as a whole. When reading The Gunslinger the first time around, I myself wasn't very impressed either. I felt it was slow and unengaging, and if it hadn't been for my brother's recommendation, I don't think I would have picked up the sequel. But oh my, was I ever glad I did! The second and third books really drew me into this world and engaged me in the Gunslinger's quest in a way that the first book utterly failed to do. The new characters that are introduced in book two make it very much worth the read, and from there on, everything expands and grows into one of the most brilliant epic tales that I've ever read (GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire is one of my other favorite series).
Now, you might be thinking "why is she trying to convince me to read this series?" Well, don't get me wrong, if you really don't want to pick up the second book, then that's your decission, and I have no business arguing with that. But the simple truth is that I enjoy reading your thoughts on books I've read, and I would love to read your thoughts on the rest of this series. And honestly, I'm convinced that you'll really enjoy it if only you give it a second chance! I really can't recommend it more strongly!

Okay, so I'll end my rant now. Just had to get that off my chest.

Keep up the excellent work on Atlantis and this blog :)

-Susanne

iamza said...

The Gunslinger -- I had exactly the same reaction as you did. I have read book two of the Dark Tower series, and I think the series does get better as it goes along, but, for me, book one felt much, much longer than its page-count.

White Plague -- I really liked the start of the novel. Herbert captured the stark horror of a car bomb brilliantly, and I loved how everything started off shiny and happy and changed in the blink of an eye. I'm afraid I sort of lost interest thereafter, though. I know they're not the same story, but I preferred Brian K Vaughan's take on the 'mysterious plague kills one gender' plotline in the comic book series, Y: The Last Man. For one thing, Y has monkeys. And ninjas. And it doesn't take itself too seriously. :-)

Anyway, all this is a longwinded way of saying I haven't quite finished White Plague yet (and by not finished, I mean barely started, of course). Possibly, I will write more later in the week when I am further along. More probably, I will not.

Edward4th said...

I myself made five heroic attempts at the gunslinger, it was only after I made the connection between the dark tower series and the two books King co-wrote with Peter Straub, The Talisman and The Black House that I persevered and was very glad I did so.

vinsfins said...

I tried reading "The Gunslinger", and while I, too, enjoy reading Stephen King I hid this book somewhere in my house and I hope to never come across it again. Kudos to you for finishing it!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answerin' my question. :) Always kinda cool to see how the "process" works.

No pestering inquiries today, but just a note to say hello and comment that Eggnog Ice Cream sounds very interesting! I love eggnog flavored coffee.

Hope you're all well up that way, Fondy and the little dogs. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing this is a waste of time, as presumably Anjirika doesn't read the comments that other people make here, but if she did she would already know why you won't tell us the title of the fourth episode Elizabeth is in...

It would be too big of a spoiler!

Oh well, maybe she'll read this at some point and stop asking. Assuming she doesn't want to spoil the episode for everyone else, that is.

Sorry, getting really tired of this, can you tell? You must be getting really, really sick of it too. Guess I should shut up about it as well...

So, shutting up, now.

Titan Grrl said...

Joe, I felt I should pass this along as it's quite an interesting one... I opened it because the sender actually has the same name as my friend's niece!

Hi,

I am in a hurry writing this mail. I had a trip to Nigeria visiting the tinapa opening ceremony.(Africa's Premier Business Resort)
http://www.tinapa.com/ Unfortunately,my belongings, including my money got stolen at the hotel where i lodged from the attack of some armed robbers and eversince i have been with nothing i am still owe the hotel here, also the hotel telephone service was also dissconnected, I have access to send mails only, my mobile phone can't work here so i didnt bring it along.Please i need you to raise me the sum of $1000 USD so i can settle the hotel bills and other necessary expenses. I would pay back as soon as i get home, I am so confused right now cos i dont know what to do. You can have it sent through WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.
Here is my info, i am sure you know my names which you are to send the
funds via WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER:

Name: Morgan Donovan
Location: Lagos - Nigeria
Text Question: Pay
Text Answer: Bills

Use the above details for the Transfer. As soon as you have the Money sent,Kindly provide me with the (Mtcn), Your Full name and Address) again for the pick up asap.

Regards,
Morgan Donovan

Anonymous said...

In the aftermath of Carter's horrid vision, will Atlantis seek to change fate by taking some unusual measures?

NewbLite said...

Ah back to the ol' blog. I've been out a couple weeks for holiday and my grandpa's funeral, and have thoroughly missed out on the daily read.

Sorry to hear about the rowdy pugs getting into the trash. Looks like you had an exciting couple of days.

Are there any writers on staff who are really into video games? Would you ever consider writing for a game if the opportunity arose?

Looking forward to Millar's Crossing, Hope all is well in your neck of the north.

Horse N. Buggy said...

RE: "All Your Base Are Belong to Us."

This comment probably won't be posted. (It's really OK for you to use one of these lame ideas.) If you want to have a Rodney dream sequence and need a way to get him out of it, have the creature that has taken over Atlantis say that line. Then I could see a throw-away corridor scene where McKay describes the dream to Zalenka and John. Zalenka understands why it is funny and cracks up while John (or Ronan or Teyla) looks confused and waits for more explanation, which doesn't come.

As soon as you said you wanted to work this into a script, I saw Sam saying this line in the SG-1 episode where that entity takes over her and the computer network - don't remember the name. But I understand it's kinda difficult to go back and work that in now. :-)

Of course, you could work it into a Genii or Replicator story pretty easily. Or! Ooh! Change the line to "All your base code are belong to us," and have Rodney say it to the Replicators as he delivers new code to them. But, considering that the whole season is already in the can, that might be hard to work in, too. Dang. That's the one I like the best.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Joe,

You came through with dragons for me in SG-1, so here's a challenge for SGA.

Create a guest role for a Deaf actor/actress, preferably someone who's ASL-Deaf (communicates primarily in Sign).

By the time such a character airs, I should be able to interpret lines that are signed. *grin*

Gilder

Anonymous said...

Anjirika wrote:

So Joe- here it is again... can you tell us why you can’t tell us what the title of Torri’s fourth episode is?

If you read older mailbags, you'll see Mr. M has already stated that he considers the answer to that question to be too much of a spoiler for that episode.

Anonymous said...

Joe, is this true?

From Ign review of Seer - "On a good note, we attended the Stargate Atlantis convention this weekend in Burbank, CA and Joe Flanigan (Col. John Sheppard), let us in on a little secret (not a spoiler), Jill Wagner (aka Larrin from the episode "Travelers") will being reprising her character in the season four finale."

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/836/836236p1.html

Will Larrin appear in The Last Man?


Please don't let this be true after how poorly written the character was by Paul Mullie in Travelers. Another writer maybe, but no more of the immature crap that was written for her in that episode! It seemed like a good premise that was reduced to a bad attempt of action-romance tale for a teenager and not quality Sci-Fi that the rest of Season 4 has been so far. Definitely the worst episode and the worst guest "star" acting of the season so far. I bet you guys are sorry now for hiring a friend of Jason's whose only attribute is her good looks. I saw her in the Blade TV series and only cringed less at her acting due to the terrible acting of the guy who played Blade. It is funny that the two other Travelers that got killed where much better actors than Ms. Wagner especially in conveying emotion which she has a lot of trouble doing.

psalm27 said...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but...

Is the gestational period for Athosians different than that of humans from the Milky Way Galaxy? I'm just wondering how long Teyla's been pregnant.

Anonymous said...

psychedoc mentions McKay's pants in Miller's Crossing, and yeah, just seen the stills on MGM site and, oh boy, McKay's lack of fashion sense kicks in once again!!

I think they fit just fine - along with some of his more 'interesting' shirts (ala that one in Rising when he's handing over his cat to his neighbour), or that short sleeved shirt over a long sleeved t-shirt look (ala The Return, Part 1) that is, to me, so dorky!

It might just be a cultural difference (I'm British) but sometimes McKay does seem to make a few not-so-good fashion choices - which fits his personality just fine!

Hmm, even *those* boxers in Sateda that I love leave a lot to be desired regarding taste!

Sorry, just a few random thoughts!

♥ANAIS♥ said...

Salut Joseph =)

Encors une journée qui s'achéve...

Waou encors 25000 visites! c'est vraiment génial!

du lait de poule?? je n'en n'est jamais bu. Moi je préfére les poules tout court =)


Lol j'ai adoré l'humour de wraith(the seer) c'est trop drole XD! qui a eu l'idée de sa?^^

Voici une question importante:

Comme vous pouvez le voir, je suis totalement fan de vous. Quesque vous en pensez? je vous faire peur, vous trouvez sa drôle,étrange?

Voila=) Merci, je vous love fort! je pense beaucoup a vous, a demain =)

Anonymous said...

And then your question makes even less sense. If you feel that way, what's the point in asking about the episode?

-sigh- You really need this explained in very small words, don't you? I wasn't asking about Torri's episode I was answering that it probably didn't matter which one it was because, according to the lady herself, she's hardly in it. There isn't just one very talkative person called "anonymous" posting on these pages, you know.

Then what are you doing here in the showrunner's blog? Why don't you stop going to SGA related sites if you don't like the show anymore? What's the point in remaining in the SGA fandom? To ruin other's fun posting the same negative stuff over and over?

Actually, I was thinking it's more in the way of a public service to pompous gits like yourself, so you get to lecture on the subject of "Why I Am Right And You Shouldn't Be Posting Here".

Dee in South Africa said...

This is a warning to South African fans of Atlantis.

Season 4 Episode 1 is on Sunday 2 Dec at 9pm (Action X). It's repeated on Tuesday at 11am.

Episode 2 is on Wednesday at 8pm and Thursday at 11pm.

Anonymous said...

Having just finished off a lovely mince pie and cream I wondered if Canadians or Americans eat mince pies, christmas pud or shortbread got to go The Seer is on.

Anonymous said...

Joe:

I know it's a little too early to maybe be asking this, but when Daniel comes to Atlantis for an episode/episodes will you be the one penning it?

Although all of the writers are excellent, I'd love it if you were the one to write Daniel's *Disneyland* adventure.

Anonymous said...

Several fans of the Dark Tower series warn that Book One is a tough slog, and King himself in the preface to my edition of the book readily admits that the series only really picks up in the third installment. I give King the benefit of the doubt and while I wouldn’t hesitate to pick up another one of his books, I’m afraid it won’t be Book Two of the Dark Tower series.

I think it probably came from the fact that the Gunslinger was four short stories lumped together in one novel. The series improves in the Drawing of the Three (Book 2) when the story becomes one coherent narrative. I have to admit, I had the same reaction as you to Book 1, Joe. Perhaps the only thing that kept me reading the series was the fact that I had already bought Book 2. However past this it got good. A really good King book to possibly review for the future is the Green Mile, if you haven't already read it.

Anonymous said...

MaggieMayDay said...
... and there was an onsen on the side of the hill. I had the female half all to myself; the pool was artfully constructed to look like natural boulders. A light cold rain was falling, I had a view of the deep valley filled with pine trees and fog. Gorgeous!


This reminds me of the outdoor spa at Millbrook Resort in Arrowtown Central Otago (NZ) - stunning. the partially enclosed spa at the Pines Motor camp (Queenstown) is similar and has views over the mountains and Lake Wakatipu.

Sorry Joe, but the travel agent in me just had to reply to this. (((hugs)))

Emily said...

sgakaz said...

Having just finished off a lovely mince pie and cream I wondered if Canadians or Americans eat mince pies, christmas pud or shortbread...


Well, I can't speak for all Americans, but I personally never eat any of those items. In fact, I had to look 2 of them up to make sure I knew what they were (mince pie and Christmas pudding). Around Christmastime many Americans bake sugar/cut-out cookies. Which may be kind of similar to shortbread. Although sweeter and more cookie-like. And usually frosted.

But I'd wager to say that most Americans do not eat mince pie or Christmas pudding. Our loss? I don't know. Never had 'em.

Anonymous said...

Your blog always makes me snack - I fear this will not end well but care very, very little. (How does one do a disinterested shrug over the internet?? More to the point, did I really just use 'one'?)

Anywho, it occurred to me during my latest carbfest to ask where you stand on Indian food? (Ever tried Sri Lankan?)I'm not sure if you've answered this countless times before but I thought I'd give it a go anyway.

I'm personally a *big* fan of spicy. Any favourite dishes?

injet said...

Thank you so much for the entertaining blog,and my ten year old and I are huge Stargate fans . We were wondering why sometimes the patches on the Atlantis uniforms are covered or appear to be blackened out?