Although the invitation said 7:30 p.m., Fondy and I swung by Marty G.’s place and picked him and Stephanie up at 6:45 p.m., just in case we ran into traffic or had trouble finding parking. Turned out neither was the case and we ended up being the first ones strolling in at 7:00 p.m. Well, the first ones after proud writer-director Robert C. Cooper who had no doubt gotten there early to help set up the post-screening cheese banquet and dessert table.
While the gals headed over to the concession stand to load up on popcorn and bottled war, Rob, Martin, and I schmoozed as the cast and crew trickled in. Ben Browder was the first of the actors to show, sporting a mop top that I automatically assumed he was growing out for some upcoming role like maybe the adult version of H.R. Pufnstuf. I’d assumed incorrectly. According to Ben, he was letting the hair go until he landed his next job. Well, here’s hoping the WGA reaches a deal soon. Reeaaaal soon. I was going to snap a pic for the blog but Ben was having none of it. So, those of you reading this blog will note the absence of a couple of leads - most notably the camera-shy Ben Browder and the unable-to-attend Amanda Tapping. Still, some fun photos of the rest of the gang.
Eternal class act Beau Bridges was in attendance - on his birthday no less! As most of you know, Beau has been incredibly busy and particularly enjoying his time on My Name is Earl in which he plays the title character’s much put-upon father. Boston Legal veteran Currie Graham, Tim Guinee (a.k.a. Tomin), and the deliciously evil Adria (Morena Baccarin) also showed for the event. And, finally, making their grand appearance just prior to screening so as to avoid the paparazzi: Chris Judge, Michael Shanks, and the lovely Lexa Doig.
Fondy and I joined Alex Levine and Ivon Bartok in the balcony’s back row (which most of you know as “the make-out section”) where we sat back and enjoyed The Ark of Truth along with the gang of rowdies from VFX led by Michelle Comens. Damn, there’s nothing like seeing it on the big screen. Well, there’s not much I can add to what I’ve already said about this movie except: if you want to know how it all turns out re: those pesky Ori, then pick up the DVD. Oh, and expect a few surprises along the way.
Once the last of the credits had rolled, we all headed downstairs for cheese and twelve different desserts. Fondy and I worked the room, chatted with Morena (who, in case you‘ve never met her at one of the cons, is a sweetheart), congratulated Rob, talked Stargate Universe with Brad, then said our goodbyes and were looking at an early getaway - until we ran into Chris and Lexa. Chris, ever magnanimous, welcomed Fondy with a monster hug, asked her how she was doing, then proceeded to chide me for missing the last few poker nights. Although I rarely have occasion to speak to Lexa in a social setting, I’ve got to say she is one of the funniest women I’ve met. We talked upcoming projects, where I could get my hands on a stylish silver and black MedicAlert that would allow me to show support for my favorite football team AND survive a future emergency hospital visit, and dangerous places to work and visit. Michael eventually showed up to rescue his wife, entertaining all with a hilarious staggering imitation of I’m-not-sure-who because I missed the set up but my guess was either Keith Richards or Chris Judge at one of his poker soirees. Since he was there, I took the opportunity to pitch Michael what we had so far on the Daniel Jackson story - something happens and Atlantis must call in Dr. Jackson who is the key to solving some as-of-yet-undecided mystery and this leads to all sorts of hilarious misadventure. I suggested that if he had any notes, now would be a good time to give them.
We got home a little after 11:00 p.m. and so was able to make it an early night and get some reading in before finally drifting off to sleep, visions of Merlin, the Doci, and Lt. Binder dancing in my head.
Today’s pics: The Ark of Truth screening.
Today’s mailbag: non-existent.

573 comments:
1 – 200 of 573 Newer› Newest»Thanks for the pictures! Looks like you must have had a good time. Can't wait to see the movie!
I was happy to hear you say the other night that you have been to New Jersey to visit family. Any restaurants you can recommend?
Thanks for the piccies...now a complaint...sorry!
Is there any way you could put a small tag with each photograph. Just who the people are and what they are doing.
I know you don't know how to do this, but that could be your challenge for today.
Thank you and 'have a nice day'.
Susan
CarsonBeckettLand
Sounds like a fun evening for all - thanks for the fab photos.. and the descriptions - I'm having lots of fun imagining just what Ben's hair looks like! :D
Thanks for the report on the Ark of Truth screening!
I hope Ben gets a job soon! Too bad that he was camera shy though.
Reading and replying to today's blog was my break from draft two of my final paper, so I'd better get back to it. Wish me luck!
Thanks for the Daniel Jackson story hint! I'm in total support of bringing him on the show. I hope he solves/discovers some amazing hidden Ancient secret... sets off a whole new series of discoveries about the Ancients!
oh, and btw, Lexa is truly a gorgeous woman.
alipeeps, as someone who doesn't post on GW but who lurks on a regular basis, and as someone who's never attacked an actor on this blog, I find it a little rich that you talk about my behaviour.
I find it belittling when people are asked to constantly explain why they did or didn't like something online. I see it a lot in the episode threads where you or one of your friends will badger people constantly if they don't agree with your view. You'll tell them how wrong they are and basically try to make them look like idiots for not following your line of thinking.
There's such a thing as live and let live. Do I like Teyla? No very much. Do I like Ronon? Not at all. Do I like Keller? Hell no. If I had my way, she'd be on a one way bus to Fordville, possibly being fed on by a Wraith on the way. But you don't see me attacking their fans or starting anti campaigns about those characters.
You seem to have no problem with Anti so and so campaigns, but need to talk down to people who are pro various actors or characters.
Does everyone monitor themselves online? No. It's a sad fact of life. Anjirika was upset. She said something that was probably a little over the top but it was HOW SHE FELT, and I hate to say this, but you can only have control over how YOU feel and behave, not over others. Did you telling her her behaviour was bad make her want to change it? Probably not. If I'd been attacked like you attacked her, I would be angry.
I saw some of the things that were written about JM by Shep fans around the time that Joe M said Joe F was not telling the truth about hassling them about scripts and actors.
Having seen some of those posts, which were later deleted, I have to say there's a huge double standard at play here. It's very much a do as I say, not as I do phenomenon.
Personally, I'd hate to see people put out of work, but you keep saying "well, the decision with Torri as a business decision. She's a big girl. She knows how the industry works". The same can also be said for everyone else in the industry, including JM and co, who must have known when the decision to axe Beckett and Weir was made that fans would be angry. Possibly angry enough to stop watching.
The actors will be fine. Joe Flanigan in particular. The crew will find other work in Vancouver, which in case you haven't been there is a massive hub for filming. At the right time of year, you'll find film sets or tv sets around almost every corner.
The powers that be are the ones who should be worried. They're the ones who've made all these controversial decisions. If the series dies an untimely death, that's on the heads of those who made the decision to get rid of Beckett and Weir and bring in Carter and that horrible Keller, among other things. The buck stops with them. A fan saying "I hope that show dies" is just a fan saying what he or she feels.
The buck stops with the writers and the network. If the show does get axed before you think it should be, that's where you need to look for blame. Not at upset fans.
Bonsoir Joseph,
Je suis ceeeertaine que tu te demandes: mais comment va son rhume ? (Il faut lire ce passage avec une voix inquiète )Haaa, mais je vais beaucoup mieux (vive les supers pilules en vente libre à la pharmacie qui règlent tous nos problèmes !)En fait, aujourd'hui (telle une pauvre marmotte fébrile et craintive sortant de son terrier au printemps)j'ai réussi à sortir de chez moi pour aller travailler. En fait, je voulais juste t'écrire un petit mot pour te remercier. Indirectement, tu m'as permis de sortir de mon marasme d'écriture que j'avais depuis quelques temps. Tes derniers blogs parlaient quelques fois de ton processus de création. J'y ai réfléchi, longtemps. Puis, j'ai compris: hé, dans le fond tout ceux qui créent ont des passages à vide, t'es pas la seule! J'ai retroussé mes manches et j'ai écris. Voilà, l'important c'est de ne pas trop se prendre au sérieux au pire on efface et on recommence.
Bonne soirée
Hi, Joe!
Thank you so much for sharing photos from the AoT screening!
It's doing well over at Amazon on pre-orders! It went from 5,056 in Sales Rank for DVDs, to currently hovering around #256 in Sales Rank for DVDs since the 8th!
Woo-hoo!
Best wishes, Morjana
Dear Mr. Mallozzi
I was wondering, With the whole Writers Strike going on, What can you tell us or what did Mr. Wright or Mr. Cooper tell you about the effects it is having on the progress of "Stargate Universe"?
Thank you very much for your time,
Angel :)
Dear Joe,
I have been reading your blog for several months, which I know isn't really that long, but I've enjoyed reading it very much. I haven't been commenting though, due to an increasingly busy schedule. I'd like to commend you for your consistency with updating it each day. I especially enjoy the breakdowns of the episodes. This is a little longer than most comments, so I hope you don't mind.
After watching "This Mortal Coil", I was a bit depressed. Please understand, I am not an anti-season four or anti-Carter person at all. I was depressed because it was revealed that the real Weir had died. I loved having Torri Higginson back on the show! I suppose that is what I miss the most - seeing her on TV (on any show). The episode was very well written, and I loved it.
I think I was so excited that Carter was coming over that I didn't realize how much I would miss Weir. If you had picked someone other than Carter to take over, I don't know if I would have been so accepting. Carter is my favorite character, so that softened the blow a little. I love the show, no matter who's in it, but I believe that I would have felt differently concerning Weir's death. I wish that they could have had the chance to go back and get her. I was still holding out the hope she was alive and could come back in some capacity as the Weir we know.
Anyway, thank you for continuing to write and produce great episodes. I look forward to new episodes each week, and I can't wait for the mid season premiere in January in the U.S. Also, the pictures from the screening were great! Chris Judge looks quite different. :) Morena and Lexa looked beautiful as usual. I do have two questions though. Do you watch NCIS at all? I know you've said you watch some shows from here, but I don't remember if you said NCIS. And did you watch the episode Torri was in?
With much thanks,
brains103
Thanks for the report Joe! March 11th cannot come fast enough!
As for the Daniel story...reading your blog just now actually gave me an idea. An idea that would fit Daniel perfectly. Of course, I can't tell you since you're not suppose to get ideas from fans (or something like that), and that's too bad (or maybe it's good. Who knows, maybe to most other people my idea sucks).
Thanks for the pictures! It looks like it was a fun evening. I hope Amanda's absence was work related (Sanctuary or otherwise) and not due to any illness.
Can you give us an update on Carl and how he's fairing with the writers' strike?
Thanks for the pics.. did you say DVD? It's not coming out in cinemas?
As for Beau Bridges.. he looks like he's lost weight!
Promogirl said...
"Thanks for the pictures! It looks like it was a fun evening. I hope Amanda's absence was work related (Sanctuary or otherwise) and not due to any illness."
i was disappointed in not having an amanda pic (and ben too), but i hadn't thought of amanda being sick... why wasn't amanda able to attend, if you are allowed to say?
sally :)
Molly said...I see it a lot in the episode threads where you or one of your friends will badger people constantly if they don't agree with your view.
Perhaps if you have an issue with alipeeps in regards to her posting on Gateworld it would be more appropriate to take it up with her there or in private correspondence. The way you are going at this seems like some kind of personal grudge that you have - and quite frankly considering alipeeps actions in this forum, is completely unfounded.
A fan saying "I hope that show dies" is just a fan saying what he or she feels.
Perhaps former fan might be the better term used there. Hoping that a show shuts down - either a knee jerk unthinking reaction at best, childish self-centered immaturity at worst. Especially if the only reason is because the person in question didn't get what they want and is essentially throwing their toys out of their crib.
Though granted it's hard to find any form of entertainment these days that might suit given the limited amount available on tv, internet, films, books, music...no wonder people gnash their teeth and make personal attacks if 45 minutes of television a week doesn't live up to what they were personally after.
The actors will be fine.
Absolutely, I mean show business is one of the easiest careers to find work in. Television executives right this minute are tugging on the sleeves of people walking by, begging them to star in their shows. As soon as I get off the plane in Vancouver if I haven't been signed up to five tv programmes and a major motion picture I'll be shocked I tells ya, shocked!
How many times did Daniel Jackson die? Does anyone have a count?
Sure, we've been told the real Weir is dead, but Daniel died so many times, only to come back.
Michael Shanks left for a year, basically with no intention of coming back because he didn't think his character had been used enough.
Torri Higginson is understandably iffy about what her future is with the show, but who's to say that someone doesn't come to their senses, offer her a storyline she can't refuse, and make her want to return.
I'm hoping that's what happens. Admittedly it's very different to be sacked compared with deciding to go, but if the right offers are made, the outcome could be similar.
Please, Joe, consider using Torri in season five. Think about bringing her back for say 8 or 10 episodes. There are so many ways you could use this fantatsic character and actress.
It's been interesting looking at the comments here, and seeing just how many people are no specifically Weir fans, but still want her back. It's hugely encouraging for those of us who love the character and actress so much.
Please bring Elizabeth back.
Looks like an evening well spent. With the wild ride season four has been, I've not really thought much about the two movies coming out. But between your blog and the midseason break, I'm starting to get a bit excited. At least I have some time to sit back and rewatch season 10 before the dvd comes out.. A shame Mr. Browder would not consent to have his picture taken. Perhaps Mr. Mamoa will not be so reticent if you happen to have your camera handy the next time you see him? And thanks for the peeks at the screening, and tidbits of information.
Hey there
another pro weir comment!!! just kidding hehe. Photos are awesome, and geez there are some really really pretty people and look at Morena. I am a big fan of hers from Firefly, and I loved her with long hair. But that short hair look, she pulls it off well
Can't wait to check out the movie.
Do you think there will be screenings of the stargate movies on the big screen? Even if just one off screenings? I am sure you could screen it at the genre film festival Fantasia fest in Montreal *hint **hint* *nudge* *nudge*. Have you seen any movies at that festival?
That's an awesome post. Easily top 10. Not just because of the event overshadowing the evening, but the great account of the fun had by all.
Great pictures!
(and I can't wait to see Michael step into the control room of Atlantis again)
Apologies for posting twice in one day. but three quick comments.1) Love Weir's character, but do NOT want to see her back as a regular, certainly not in her old position. Too much has happened. As a frequent recurring character? Would be nice, if the scripts to justify her return are there. As it is, we have other characters it mskes more sense to make full regulars at this point, namely Lorne and Zelinka. Not that I expect that to happen. 2) Love Ann's idea, and hope you elect to employ it, i.e. having McKay/Sheppard mentioning Baron Destructo/Baron von Destructo in passing comment. 3) Thought I'd share this comment from a friend and fellow countrywoman of yours. I'm sure the Baron would appreciate the compliment. SoullessAngel56: k. The Baron has some very....scary ideas.
pg15 wrote:
As for the Daniel story...reading your blog just now actually gave me an idea. An idea that would fit Daniel perfectly. Of course, I can't tell you since you're not suppose to get ideas from fans (or something like that), and that's too bad (or maybe it's good. Who knows, maybe to most other people my idea sucks).
Me too, PG15!!!! Me too!!!! I wonder if we have the same idea?
AnneTeldy (who, if you'd like, can be contacted using this same ID/user name at Hey!Nielsen or TV.com)
Thanks for the pics and the update on Ark of Truth. I just ordered my copy at Barnes & Noble - they didn't have it on the website last night but did tonight. Weird.
Still loving season 4. I really like the team development but have to second someone else's comment about Teyla's pregnancy. Uh, assuming Athosian pregnancy is like earth humans - is that a safe assumption? Then how have they (ie, the rest of the team) NOT noticed? From what the characters have said it seems some time has passed!
Also, wouldn't the doctor ethically be bound to restrict her duties (meaning off world travel)? I would think (again making an assumption) that the military has protocols regarding pregnancy and what kind of duty you can pull??
Thanks for all the blogging!
Hey, thanks for the recap, Joe...but no spoilers? Tsk, tsk. Great to see the cast, but where was Ms. Black?
dovil said:
As soon as I get off the plane in Vancouver if I haven't been signed up to five tv programmes and a major motion picture I'll be shocked I tells ya, shocked!
*falls over laughing*
Good lord. In my next life I wanna look like Morena Baccarin.
And Joe! No photos of the 12 desserts???
I saw Morena at a convention earlier this year. My friend and I decided that she was the most gorgeous person ever. And the 2 minutes I kind of got to talk with her, she seemed like a very sweet lady. I have a total girl-crush on her. :D
Have you seen the movie Sweet Land? Tim Guinee was absolutely fantastic in it. Great movie, as well.
Great pics, Thanks.
Janet
No spoilers, bravo!! thanks very much for the recap, pix and talking to Michael about another Dr. Jackson appearance in Atlantis, I'm all for it.
I just got the latest Atlantis novel, Jackson is featured in that- I have to wait til tomorrow nite to read it but I'll probably not stop til done!!
Joe,
THanks for all the pictures and the report. It's disappointing that Ben wouldn't let you take his picture. Would you mind, then, at least describing how he looked for us? What was he wearing? Exactly how long was his hair? Were his eyes as blue as always (if you notice that kind of thing)? :)
Hi Joe,
Loved the pictures of the screening.
Could you please post some pictures of Jason Momoa without his dreads?.
Also a group of us sent you a congratulations card for season 5 and we were wondering if you got it yet and what you thought of it.
Dovil, regarding your comment: "Absolutely, I mean show business is one of the easiest careers to find work in. Television executives right this minute are tugging on the sleeves of people walking by, begging them to star in their shows. As soon as I get off the plane in Vancouver if I haven't been signed up to five tv programmes and a major motion picture I'll be shocked I tells ya, shocked!"
Are you one of the people who seemed to think it's no big deal for Torri and Paul to be put out of work but is so upset about the others? Because those are the people that comment was aimed at.
They're full of double standards, and if it was their favourite character or actor, they'd be screaming from the rooftop about how unfair it is.
But with Torri and Paul, it's "just business". Those people are the worst kind of hypocrites.
Thanks for the pics! I was hoping to see a picture of Amanda as well, but oh well. Thanks for your blog!
Honey crisp apples. Yea or nay?
I adore them, and I'm not an apple fan, normally, unless you count computers.
Could you help me out with a question that has been brought up on Wikipedia?
Do the current model of F-302s have a hyperspace generator on them?
hi, joe,
if you guys ever decide to write sam out of the stargate story, *pleeeease* don't kill her off, k? let her live and be happy.
sally :)
Sorry if this has been posted already. I don't have time to read all the comments now, but I just was at MGM's site and noticed there's a news article called "Close up: Torri Higginson"
http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=44
According to this article, Torri says she doesn't want to be back for more than one or two episodes. I guess this means the SEW campaign is useless, since the actress is not interested in coming back. Or am I interpreting this wrong?
"I wouldn’t go back to do a regular thing, but I’m more than happy to go back to do one or two episodes,” she says, content to now have time to devote to other projects instead of working on a hectic television schedule."
Great pictures!
Do you know why the film isn't listed on Chapters.ca or Amazon.ca? Is it not being released in Canada at the same time?
Hi Joe!
LOVE the pics and report from the screening! THANKS!!! :D :D :D
eddy
Bless your heart, Joe; I've been itching for some SG-1-related goodies after hearing the release date for Ark of Truth and you never fail to deliver! Sounds like you folks had a great time; I can't wait to get my hands on the movie! =)
When will the ratings for TMC be out?
If they're significantly higher, and given the positive response to Torri's return online, would you PLEASE bring her back for season five?
I know you're talking about the episodes now, and she's said she hasn't been approached. Elizabeth deserves a place on this show.
You know, it's worth reading the comments as well as the blog! *lol*
Amazing how 'proprietory' people get about a TV show, like it's their absolute right to tell TPTB how to run it.
On the other hand tho, it would be interesting to know just HOW MUCH the fans' input is taken into consideration by those same PTB. If the fans 'biyitch' enough about an executive decision, can it be rescinded to everyone's satisfaction?
So I ask you, Joe - how much of what is discussed on forums such as Gateworld factor into the decision-making process, especially in light of your approval for a fifth season?
oh oh i just saw the realease date of arc of truth its on my bday woot, oh and thx for them photos today.
dustin
All you people clamoring for Weir in season five need to check out season four. It was pretty well publicized that Amanda Tapping would be joining the cast, yet I keep having to hear all the bitching from the stargate fans at my office about how she's never in any of the episodes they watch. I'm the only "hardcore" fan, and the only married guy (thus at home on Fridays), so it seems I've been nominated as the answer man. If Weir starring in season five is anything like Sam Carter starring in season four, then you don't have much to look forward to. I hope she's got some big stuff coming up soon, though, because I can't take much more of this. What can I say, work sucks.
Thanks for the scoop on the screening! I can't wait to buy the DVD. I was wondering if during the fun and good times you heard anything on the grapevine about the status of Rage of Angels?
molly said: Are you one of the people who seemed to think it's no big deal for Torri and Paul to be put out of work but is so upset about the others? Because those are the people that comment was aimed at.
With being Torri’s second cousin twice removed and Paul’s mailman, obviously this has been a personally trying time for all three of us, but at the end of the day I think the healing process has begun and we’re beginning to move on with the help of a few heart-to-heart chats over cups of tea, a few tears, and a few rounds of primal screaming in the backyard.
They're full of double standards, and if it was their favourite character or actor, they'd be screaming from the rooftop about how unfair it is.
Don’t even JOKE about the others being fired, I am WEEPING while I type this and RANDOMELY using CAPS of ANGST. Why if that ever happened I would film myself drumming my fist and feet against the floor while screaming “I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!” and post it on You Tube as part of my campaign to finally get the heart and soul of Atlantis reinstated: the Daleks, co-starring Darth Vadar as Chuck’s long-lost brother Bob.
Those people are the worst kind of hypocrites.
Seriously?! Really? Do NOT open a newspaper. You will be horrified.
AnneTeldy said...
Me too, PG15!!!! Me too!!!! I wonder if we have the same idea?
Well you can find out by checking out the "Season 5: Michael Shanks" thread in the Atlantis Season 4 forums on Gateworld. It's towards the end.
Like I said, just a...notion. Yeah, that's the right word.
amy_g said...
''http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=44
According to this article, Torri says she doesn't want to be back for more than one or two episodes. I guess this means the SEW campaign is useless, since the actress is not interested in coming back. Or am I interpreting this wrong?''
you never actually know when she said this, things could change and imo the people at mgm have relised how many fans theyve upset and are trying to appease them.
Thank you so much Joe for all of the great pictures from the screening. Everyone looks fantastic. Lexa is gorgeous. I especially love the picture of Michael and Lexa together. They make such a cute couple. Love Michael's haircut.
I'm very excited about Daniel visiting Atlantis in S5. I think the little bit of info that you gave us so far will develop into a great story idea for Daniel. Can't wait to see how it all plays out.
Thanks again Joe.
You guys know Cousin It from the Adams Family? That's what Ben looked like.
Aw shit, Joe! I'm so up for Ark of Truth! It's awesome to see the SG1 guys again. It feels so weird not seeing them and watching Atlantis instead. Maybe next year you could do that huge crossover episode you teased us about. It'd be awesome to see Carter, Danny, T, and especially Jack (The Man) O'niell doing it up on Atlantis! The show would never be the same as the awesomeness just might sink the city! Make it happen, Joe.
In Re: Ideas on How Daniel Might Logically Come to Atlantis
pg15 wrote:
Well you can find out [her idea] by checking out the "Season 5: Michael Shanks" thread in the Atlantis Season 4 forums on Gateworld. It's towards the end.
Like I said, just a...notion. Yeah, that's the right word.
Well, it's an excellent notion, with far greater story arc potential than my idea. Mine would be more of a one-off. I had the idea some time ago but it sorta 'gelled' when I read the blog hints. I'm not registered at GateWorld so I couldn't send mine to you.
Anne Teldy
Joe,
Looks like a great time was had by all. My invite must have gotten lost in that damn canadian mail service...eh.
Just pre-ordered my copy from Amazon so let Rob Cooper know I gave my cash to keep the franchise running.
Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah and Happy New Years, which I will be spending in Atlantic City looking for foie gras any suggestions.
P.S. I hope you didn't eat the soup or whatever it was from the other day, best bet anaerobic organisms, it would probably have been pretty nasty in oder and even nastier in your stomach, even without the mention of botulism
I woke up bright and early at 7AM yesterday (thats way early for me) and just for giggles kicked up gateworld and saw the DVD for Ark of Truth was up for pre-order. So i snatched a copy. And im pissing my pants waiting for March.
Loved the first 10 episodes. I can tell Stargate is very much alive and i think its just the start!
You get to watch movies before they come out and write stories/scripts. You must have one of the best jobs in the world. Not an easy job of course (you have to put up with all the complaints and editing) but a funny job (it sounds like).
Cool, Daniel's in season five. Yay! Will O'Neill be in season five? That would be even cooler. But I guess that means no Christmas/Hanukkah episode, huh?
Oy, there's a lot of complaining in comments today. I think I'll stay out of it (ducks the flying lamp that was aimed at head).
Please answer my questions. If there are any more Stargate SG-1 movies, will Sam be in them or not ('cause she's in Atlantis)? If she is, how would you explain it? Thanks.
"Anonymous said...
Hey, thanks for the recap, Joe...but no spoilers? Tsk, tsk. Great to see the cast, but where was Ms. Black?"
Claudia had her second baby just a month ago, so I guess she preferred to stay at home with her husband and kids. Perfectly good reason to be absent at TAoT screening :) Especially that she lives in LA, not in Vancouver. Perhaps MGM should think about LA premiere close to DVD premiere in March?
Molly rambled...
"I saw some of the things that were written about JM by Shep fans around the time that Joe M said Joe F was not telling the truth about hassling them about scripts and actors.
Having seen some of those posts, which were later deleted, I have to say there's a huge double standard at play here. It's very much a do as I say, not as I do phenomenon."
Oh, here we go again. Let's drag other fan groups into disagreements which have no relevance to anything at all, other than to try and cause trouble where there is none... Yawn...
Why were the posts deleted at GW? Was it because the 'Shep' fans were being rude about JM? Nope. None of them on their own threads at GW have ever been rude or disrespectful. It was because a few folks mentioned the 'antis' and were told not to talk about other fan factions, something, incindentally we're all guilty of...so, er, let's not make up things that weren't said about executive producers, shall we?
Most poeple making comments still stand by their views on that situation, in that things shouldn't be discussed online about personal disagreements between producers and actors. That's what the whole situation was about. Nobody was discussing lying and hassling, so I don't know where you got that from. It was all a misunderstanding in most people's eyes. And, yep, some were disappointed, but it's all water under the proverbial bridge now, and is all forgotten. Because, you know, people don't hold grudges and they move on...
And, for a 'lurker' you sure seem to know GW posters, don't you? Perhaps Molly isn't your GW name? Hmmmm, wonder why you'd go incognito, and who you are?
Molly, Alipeeps and any other people are entitled to express their views here and where they please. If they see something that they feel inspired to answer, or counter, then isn't that the whole point of discussion forums over at GW, and the blog comments section here? What else are they for?
I agree with some others here. Wishing for the cancellation of a show others still like is petty and selfish - sure, I'm certain people have wished that in times of upset momentarily, but at the end of the day it's just immature and petty.
Just because somebody doesn't like a show anymore, doesn't mean others don't. Worldwide many millions of viewers watch SGA. Isn't it selfish to wish the show be cancelled if many are still enjoying it?
And, for the record, I too admire people like SMB_Books and such posters who put things logically and pleasantly, who plead with a passion. I don't admire people who are rude, bring other fan groups constantly into things, to hit out at them to make themselves feel better about themselves.
Hearfelt, passionate pleas are one thing. Obnoxious rants demanding this that and the other aren't nice, logical and they really don't help. It's good to explain to someone why you're upset, to state your disappointment, and yep, we all get over-emotional on occasion, I know I have, but at the end of the day, hoping many people are out of a job isn't nice, helpful at painting fan groups in a good light, or going to make producers feel sympathetic to your plight. It also undoes the good many decent Weir campaigners have done.
That, to my mind, is the saddest thing of all.
I was reading the news about Jason's idea about Ronon going dark side in season 5 on GW. I think thats an interesting idea and a way to explain his hair.
I hope he doesn't go AWOL, we've already had him want to leave in "Reunion" and this back and forth loyalty issue would get a little old if it went that way.
If you are throwing out ideas I hope it doesn't come down to Ronon being captured and Sheppard unable to fee him because of the IOA. We already did that with Elizabeth and after her loss, I doubt that would stop Sheppard from getting Ronon back. I would hate to see a split and mistrust like that.
The only thing at that point that would stop Sheppard would be a bullet. I like seeing Ronon's character explored but not at the cost of destroying what I love about him and his bond with the team.
Seriously, Joe, and out of curiosity, is Vancouver plagued by paparazzi?
Gilder
I would just like to commit, to some form of record, that I think Beau Bridges is pretty good looking for an older guy...
...and that I'd like to see Hammond and Landry in some form of Celebrity Stargate Death Match setting. Who would win?
You know what Molly, I was going to type a big long response dealing with each point raised in your post but a) this really isn't the place and b) Dovil already summed up my feelings pretty well. You have an issue with what I say on Gateworld - talk to me about it on Gateworld. Don't use vague references to my posts over there to bolster your argument on here. I would point out though that if any of my posts on GW were attacking or offensive to other users or TPTB or anyone, the mods would have deleted them. So what you refer to as my "ridiculous post count" kinda disproves that theory, doesn't it?
You are the one that chose to single me out on here and attack me for being on some kind of anti-Weir campaign. I've already explained how that's not the case but you seem determined to continue your tirade - I gotta agree with Dovil that this is starting to look like a personal grudge. Are you my very own stalker? Lurking on GW to read my posts, posting verbose diatribes about my perceived character flaws on here...
If you want to continue to discuss what a horrible person I am for expecting people to behave with some modicum of decorum in a public forum (ooh, hey, look! I made a rhyme!) then let's do it elsewhere. You can easily enough find me on GW or elsewhere. My point remains the same as it was yesterday - there is no justification for behaviour such as telling someone you hope they get fired. Can you seriously tell me you can think of a situation in which you feel it would be okay for someone who didn't like the business decisions you made as a legitimate part of your job came up and said to your face, "I don't like what you've done with this. I hope you and all your friends get fired." Seriously?
P.S. Before you scream double-standard again, you don't actually know how I would react if my favourite character was dropped from the show. What you imagine my behaviour might be under those hypothetical circumstances probably says more about you than it does about me. :)
Thanks a lot for the pictures. No matter how many times i see Chris with his long hair i also take a back step. So different to see him with hair longer than 2cm after 10 years!
Cant wait to see ark of truth! Party when i get it on dvd!
Molly said... The powers that be are the ones who should be worried. They're the ones who've made all these controversial decisions. If the series dies an untimely death, that's on the heads of those who made the decision to get rid of Beckett and Weir and bring in Carter and that horrible Keller, among other things. The buck stops with them. A fan saying "I hope that show dies" is just a fan saying what he or she feels.
I'm not gonna bother showing the rest of your rambling post but lets say your post is a typical example why so many fans are sick and tried of Weir fans and their sence of entitlement towards the show. The pwers that be have every right to do what they want with their own show and make decisions and changes as they see fit. Because you don't like these changes you choose to belittle them along with other characters and the show in general and you go as far as wanting the show to end just because you are not getting what you want out of it. Your arrogance is astounding. The powers that be are not here just to please individual fans and act on their whims. THEY felt that Weir was no longer needed on the show and even Torri Higginson agreed that her chracter had nowhere to go. But yet you continue with your insults against them. They do not need to justify their decisions to anyone. They do what is best for the show and not what is best for individual fandoms.
Molly said
The actors will be fine. Joe Flanigan in particular. The crew will find other work in Vancouver, which in case you haven't been there is a massive hub for filming. At the right time of year, you'll find film sets or tv sets around almost every corner.
SGA gives jobs to a lot of folks and again you make a rediculous statement about the cast and everyone associated with the show being ok if the show is cancelled. What an unbelievably selfish thing to say. So you still want the show cancelled and ratings to drop just to make you feel better. Would you feel vindicated if the show was cancelled, how pathetic. Well you have awhile to wait yet because we already have a season 5 and the show will be fine without Weir and I'm sure will go on for years to come. I never had any real feelings either way about Weir but I think I will be joining the camp where I never want to see her again.
Will we see and know what is the Wraith's laser of 1x17 "Letter from pegasus" in season four?
If not, maybe in season five?
paul said...
'Weir was a so so character and her role as leader really didnt give her a lot to do. The majority of episodes didn't really feature her that much so how all of a sudden is she the glue holding the show together. What utter rubbish. The show is doing great without her and I haven't missed her at all..
...A civilian running Atlantis always seemed odd anyway and she never really seemed to have any authority over anyone, especially Sheppard."
Paul,
I feel the same way.
People who are focused on Weir cannot see that the majority of watchers are not as enamored. I don't pretend to know how most viewers regard her. But I doubt her inclusion is the deciding factor of whether they watch the show. Some people love the character, Some hate her. It seems a lot SGA fans are indifferent. A lot of worry about Carter taking over , was concern about how that would affect McKay and Shep.
For months I've been reading posts about Weir being the heart and soul of the show, about how much Torri brought to the character, the chemistry with other actors.. etc.. Rewatching her performances this season , I echo Paul's statement
" I really must be looking at a different show than some of the people here "
The story line was compelling. But I didn't see anything outstanding about Torri's work . She wasn't bad, but she did not deliver a performance that made me question TPTB decision or long for Weir's return.
John, Mckay & repiKeller all had effective emotional scenes. Elizabeth's story was the most tragic, yet I really didn't get caught up in her. It was John's reactions to her I found moving.
Of course, that is just my opinion.
Joe:
Congratulations for the episode, nice job.
And thanks for the breakdown and the pictures! I can´t wait to see the two movies!
I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT ATLANTIS:
From my point of view if Weir is alive or not is still a mystery, ¿I am right????
Good morning Joe!
I just have done my first RISOTTO, and my teacher has described it with an "Excelent", so I´m so happy!
I came here, wishing the day becomes totally perfect reading something like:
"Weir will come back for the next season", it would have been nice!
I think I am a really good cook, so if I don´t live at the other side of the ocean I will try to bribe you with my meals!!Just kidding! Or, maybe I am not??
Thanks for the pictures!!!
Hi!
Thanks for the pictures,what a big movie it will be!
Can you tell us something about the new stargate tv show???
Hey Joe,
Thanks for the information about AofT and the photo's of the cast.
I've been missing Daniel on Stargate so v-exited to hear snippits about the Atlantis episode, I'm sure it will be awesome. :)
Thanks
I've read in other places in fandom some reactions to that Torri interview posted at MGM.
One of the points fans are bringing up is that they don't know when Torri said this and that she might have changed her mind since then. True. But the "she might have changed her mind" bit can go either way. Maybe she doesn't want to make even one or two more episodes at all by now. She said at her latest con last month that she wanted to move to London and do some theater there.
In my humble opinion, fans -especially those who are asking to have her back full time or in at least X episodes in s5- should ask Torri what she thinks NOW (the people at SEW has to have a way of contacting Torri or her agent, I'm sure). If she's still interested in doing only a certain number of episodes, fans could campaign to get that number of episodes in s5.
Many fans have said in the past that they would keep "fighting" to get Elizabeth back because it wasn't the actress' decision to leave and as long as Torri wanted to come back. Well, what if she doesn't want to come back at all now? It wouldn't make sense to keep asking for her return anymore...
Mallozzi said "I took the opportunity to pitch Michael what we had so far on the Daniel Jackson story - something happens and Atlantis must call in Dr. Jackson who is the key to solving some as-of-yet-undecided mystery and this leads to all sorts of hilarious misadventure."
No offense intended, Joe. But the bold part made me a bit weary. I think Atlantis has never been very good at comedic episodes. Episodes like "The Tower", "Irresponsible" and "Irresistible" seem to be among the most consistently hated episodes in fandom (no idea if this is true among the general audience too).
Personally, I'm all for a bit of humor, but more as a brief scene here and there than something else. I think Atlantis is at its best when it addresses issues in a more serious manner, with a slight touch of humor in a couple of scenes (i.e. The Storm/The Eye, The Siege trilogy, Common Ground, Phantoms, Doppelganger, Tabula Rasa, Miller's Crossing, This Mortal Coil).
So, are you thinking about bringing Daniel Jackson in a comedic episode?
Thank you for the lovely premiere pics. And aren't those Shankses just the most gorgeous couple? :-)
I just found your blog about two weeks ago (wikipedia link), and wanted tell you that I appreciate the hard work you put into not only the show but also your blog.
I had a few questions and was wondering if you could answer them:
1) Could you give some backstory to Baron Destructo? And might he appear in a crossover with SGA?
2) What is the writting process on Atlantis more similar to: Aaron Sorkin binge writing or more of Hank Moody (character from Californication)?
3) Is there any plan to do an SGA episode similar to 'Data's Day' (ST:TNG s04e11) or 'Zero Hour' (SG-1 s08e04), focusing on the story of a single character for one day?
4) I was also reading Alas, Babylon and you had some suggestions for other good books from that era (similar genre).
Thanks and I'm really enjoying s4! Keep up the good work :)
Dovil said:
Don't even JOKE about the others being fired, I am WEEPING while I type this and RANDOMELY using CAPS of ANGST. Why if that ever happened I would film myself drumming my fist and feet against the floor while screaming "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" and post it on You Tube as part of my campaign to finally get the heart and soul of Atlantis reinstated: the Daleks, co-starring Darth Vadar as Chuck’s long-lost brother Bob.
Dovil, I was THISCLOSE to spewing coffee out of my nose! It's weird how certain members of the Pro-Weir faction are so tinhattish in their devotion to a character that only became interesting when she was written out. (I mean, how many episodes did we have to endure where she stood in the control room looking worried when the team failed to check in?)
Also: it's "Vader." [/geek edit] :D
Thanks for the pictures. Hope everyone enjoyed watching the movie. How every Stargate fan I can´t wait to see it. Especially I´m interested in Daniels part. I also hope that there will be more Stargate movies to watch the wohle crew.
Thank you, and good luck in everything you do.
Julia
Gee, isn't it funny how the people who shout the loudest about stereotyping people are ONCE AGAIN lumping all Weir fans in the same category?
Guys, seriously, wake up and ask how you'd feel if everyone said that all thunkers were one thing or all whumpers were one thing, or all slashers were.. whatever.
One thing that seems to be the case though is that all Anti season 9 and 10 people seem to be pro season 4, if they happen to watch Atlantis.
How does that feel, Joe? To have the same people who were bitching about your every move on SG1 now praising your every move on SGA? Hypocritical much, since they're doing it only because they're finally getting their own way and Carter's got a command?
THAT to me sounds like a serious case of entitlement coming home to roost. They hate Vala, they hate Mitchell, they hate Daniel -- all because they took time away from their precious Carter, and now they can't see it from the other side when people are upset at Carter taking over Atlantis and popular characters being dumped.
salut Joseph!
sa va good? moi oui sa va bien, j'ai eu un Deux 14 sur 20 en droit et en histoir, éhéh je suis trop forte^^!
Waouuuu!!! super les photos! il y'a du beau monde! mais pas une photo de vous, snif ='(
Je veux un gagnant a mon concour, sa ne ferais pas serieux de le repouser encors. alors s'il vous plait..
Dite moi un chiffre entre 1 et 41?
Bon allez énorme kisou, a demaine, merci, et ........
English
"je t'aime !"
en :
Afrikaan : Ek het jou liefe
Afrikaan : Ek is lief vir jou
Akan : Me dor wo
Albanais : Te dua
Albanais : Te dashoroj
Albanais : Ti je zemra ime
Alentejano : Gosto de ti, porra !
Allemand : Ich liebe Dich
Algérien : Kanbghik
Alsacien : Ich hoan dich gear
Amérindien: Tshe menuateten
Amharic : Afekrishalehou
Amharic : Afekrischaledou
Amharic : Ewedishalehu (homme/femme vers femme)
Amharic : Ewedihalehu (homme/femme vers homme)
Anglais : I love you
Anglais : I adore you
Apache : Sheth she'n zho'n
Arabe : Ib'n hebbak.
Arabe : Ana Ba-heb-bak
Arabe : Ana hebbek
Arabe : Ana behibak (femme vers homme)
Arabe : Ana behibek (homme vers femme)
Arabe : Ahebich (homme vers femme)
Arabe : Ahebik (femme vers homme)
Arabe : Ana ahebik
Arabe : Bahibak (femme vers homme)
Arabe : Bahibik (homme vers femme)
Arabe : Benhibak
Arabe : Benhibik (femme vers femme ou homme vers homme)
Arabe : Benhibkom (homme vers homme ou femme vers homme)
Arabe : Benhibak
Arabe : nhebuk
Arabe (Arabe formel ) : Ohiboke (vers une femme)
Arabe (Arabe formel ) : Ohiboki (vers un homme)
Arabe (Arabe formel ) : Okibokoma (homme vers femme ou deux hommes vers deux femmes)
Arabe (Arabe formel ) : Nohiboke (vers un homme)
Arabe (Arabe formel ) : Nohiboka ( vers homme )
Arabe (Arabe formel ) : Nohibokoma (homme vers femme ou homme ou deux hommes vers deux femmes)
Arabe (Arabe formel ) : Nohibokon (homme vers homme ou femmes vers deux femmes)
Arabe : Ooheboki.(homme vers femme)
Arménien : Yes kez si'rumem
Arménien : Yar ounenal
Ashanti (Ghana) : Me dor wo
Assamese (Inde) : Moi tomak bhal pau
Atikamekw : Ki sakihitin
Autrichien : I mog di,
Autrichien : I hab di gean
Bari ( Langage Soudanais) : Nan nyanyar do
Bari ( Langage Soudanais) :Nan nyanyar do parik
Basque : Nere Maitea
Basque : Maite zaitut
Batak : Holong rohangku di ho
Bavarois : I mog di narrisch gern
Belarussien : Ya tsiabe kakhaiou (je t'aime)
Belarussien : Ya vas kakhaiou (je vous aime)
Belarussien : Ya pakakhau tsiabe (je suis tombe amoureux de toi)
Belarussien : Ya pakakhala tsiabe (je suis tombée amoureuse de toi)
Belarussien : Ya pakakhau vas (je suis tombe amoureux de vous)
Belarussien : Ya pakakhala vas (je suis tombée amoureuse de vous)
Bemba (Zambie) : Nalikutemwa
Bemba (Zambie) : Ninkutemwe
Bengalais : Ami tomAy bhAlobAshi
Bengalais : Ami tomake bhalobashi.
Berbère : Lakh tirikh
Bicol (Philippien) : Namumutan ta ka
Birman : Chi pa de
Birman : Min go nga chit tay
Bolivien (Quechua) : Qanta munani
Bosniaque : Volim te
Brésilien: Eu te amo (prononcer "eiu chee amu")
Breton : da garan" (poétique - pour les amoureux)
Breton : da garout a ran" (formule plus "commune" - je t'aime (bien))
Bulgare : Obicham te
Bulgare : As te obicham
Bulgare : Obozhavam te (je t'aime énormement, mais tendre)
Cambodgien : Bon sro lanh oon
Cambodgien : kh_nhaum soro_lahn nhee_ah
Canadien français : Sh'teme , ou j't'aime
Cantonais : Ngo oi ney
Catalan : T'estim (Mallorcain)
Catalan : T'estim molt
Catalan : T'estime (Valencien)
Catalan : T'estimo
Cebuano (Philippin) : Gihigugmz ko ikaw
Chamoru ou Chamorro : Hu guaiya hao
Cheyenne : Nemehotates
Chichewas : Ndimakukonda
Chickasaw (USA) : Chiholloli (i final nasal)
Chinois : Goa ai li (dialecte Amoy)
Chinois : Ngo oi ney (dialectecte Cantonais)
Chinois : Wo oi ni (dialectecte Cantonais)
Chinois : Ngai oi gnee (dialecte Hakka)
Chinois : Ngai on ni (dialecte Hakka)
Chinois : Wa ai lu (dialecte Hokkien)
Chinois : Wo ai ni (dialecte mandarin)
Chinois : Wo ie ni (dialecte mandarin)
Chinois : Wuo ai nee (dialecte mandarin)
Chinois : Wo ay ni (dialecte mandarin)
Chinois : Wo ai ni (dialecte Putunghua
Chinois : Ngo ai nong (dialecte Wu)
Chti ( patois de la langue picarde ) : j't'aquiers
Commorien : Ni si ou ven sa
Congolais : na ligui yo
Coréen : Dangsinul saranghee yo
Coréen : Saranghee
Coréen : Nanun dangsineul joahapnida
Coréen : Nanun dangsineul mucheol joahapnida
Coréen : Nanun dangsineul mucheol saranghanida
Coréen : Nanun gdaega joa
Coréen : Nanun neoreul saranghapnida
Coréen : Nanun neoreul saranghanda
Coréen : Gdaereul hjanghan naemaeum alji
Coréen : Jaohaeyo
Coréen : Saranghaeveyo
Coréen : Saranghapanida
Coréen : Norul sarang hae
Coréen : Tangsinul sarang ha o
Coréen : Tangsinul sarang ha yo
Coréen : Tangshin-ul sarang hae hae-yo
Coréen : Tangshin-i cho-a-yo
Coréen : Nanun tangshinul sarang hamnida
Coréen : Tangsinul sarang ha yo
Coréen : Nanun tongshinun sarang hamnida
Corse : Ti tengu cara (homme vers femme)
Corse : Ti tengu caru (femme vers homme)
Créole : Mi aime jou
Créole : Mwen inméw
Créole Antillais (martinique guadeloupe) : Men ainmainw
Créole Haitien : mwen renmen ou mwen renmen'w
Créole Mauricien : Mo content toi
Créole Réunionnais : "Mi aim (ou aime) a ou"
Croate (familier) : Ja te volim
Croate (familier) : Volim te
Croate (formel) : Ja vas volim
Croate (formel) : Volim vas
Croate (formel) : Ljubim te
Danois : Jeg elsker dig
Danois : Jeg er forelsket i dig (je suis amoureux)
Davvi Semegiella : Mun rahkistin dù
Duala (dialecte camerounais ) : "Na tondi wä"
Dusun : Siuhang oku dia
Ecossais Gallois : Tha gra dh agam ort
Equatorien (Quechua) : Canda munani
Espagnol (Castillan) : Te quiero
Espagnol (Castillan) : Te Amo
Esperanto : Mi amas vin
Estonien : Mina armastan sind
Estonien : Ma armastan sind
Ethopien : Afgreki'
Farsi : Tora dust mi daram
Farsi : Asheghetam
Farsi (Perse) : doostat dAram
Finnois (formel) : Minä rakastan sinua
Finnois(formel) : Rakastan sinua
Finnois (formel) : Minä pidä sinustra
Finnois : (Mä) rakastan sua
Finnois : (Mä) tykkään susta
Flamand : Ik hue van ye
Flamand : Ik hue van dei
Flamand (Néerlandais) : Ik hou van jou (passionn?ment)
Flamand : ik zie je graag
Français : Je t'aime
Français : Je t'aime comme un fou ( Charlesbois )
Frisien : Ik hou fan dei (sp?)
Frisien : Ik hald fan dei (sp?)
futunien : Kuau alofa kia te koe
Gaélique : Tha gradh agam ort
Gaélique : Moo graugh hoo
Galicien : Querote
Galicien : Queroche
Galicien : Amote
Gallois : Rwy'n dy garu di.
Gallois : Yr wyf i yn dy garu di (chwi)
Georgien : Me chen mikvarxar
Ghanéen (Akan, Twi) : Me dor wo
Grec : S'ayapo
Grec : Eime eroteumos mazi sou
Grec : Eime eroteumos me 'sena (vous vers homme ou femme)
Grec : Eime eroteumeni me 'sena (vous vers homme ou femme)
Grec : Eime eroteumeni mazi sou
Grec (supérieur) : (Ego) philo su
Grec (ancien) : Philo se
Groenlandais : Asavakit.
Guarani : Rohiyu (ro-hai'-hyu)
Gujrati (Pakistan) : Hoon tane pyar karoochhoon
Gujrati (Pakistan) : Hoon tuney chaoon chhoon (n nasal, ne pas prononcer)
Haussa (Niger) : Ina sonki (homme vers femme)
Haussa (Niger) : Ina sonka (femme vers homme)
Hawaiien : Aloha wau ia 'oe
Hawaiien : Aloha wau ia 'oe nui loa ( je t'aime énormément)
Hébraïque : Ani ohev otach (homme vers femme)
Hébraïque : Ani ohev otcha (homme vers homme)
Hébraïque : Ani ohevet otach (femme vers femme)
Hébraïque : Ani ohevet otcha (femme vers homme)
Hébraïque : Anee ohev otkha (homme vers femme)
Hébraïque : Anee ohevet otkha (femme vers homme)
Hébraïque : Anee ohev otkha (homme vers homme)
Hébraïque : Anee ohevet otakh (femme vers femme)
Hindi : Mae tumko pyar kia
Hindi : My tumko pyar karta hu
Hindi : Main tumse pyar karta hoon.
Hindi : Ham Tomche Payer Kortahe
Hindi : Mai tumse peyar karta hnu
Hindi : Mai tumase pyar karata hun (homme vers femme)
Hindi : Mai tumase pyar karata hun.(femme vers homme)
Hindi : Mai tumse pyar karta hoo
Hindi : Mae tumko pyar kia.
Hindi : Main tuze pyar karta hoon (le n est nasal, ne se prononce pas)
Hindi (Kannada) : Naanu ninnannu premisuththene
Hokkien : Wa ai lu
Hongrois : Szeretlek
Hongrois : Szeretlek te'ged
Hopi : Nu' umi unangw´ta
Ibaloi (Philippin) : Pip-piyan taha
Ibaloi (Philippin) : Pipiyan ta han shili (je t'aime énormément et plus)
Imazighan : Halagh kem
Indonésien : Saya kasih saudari
Indonésien : Saya cinta kamu
Indonésien : Saya cinta padamu
Indonésien : Saja kasih saudary
Indonésien : Aku cinta padamu
Indonésien : Aku tjintaa padamu
Indonésien : Aku cinta kamu
Irlandais : taim i' ngra leat
Irlandais/Gallois : t'a gr'a agam dhuit
Islandais : Eg elska thig
Italien : ti amo
Italien : ti voglio beneti
Italien : ti adoro
Italien : sei il mio amore
Japonais : Kimi o ai shiteru (très très familier)
Japonais : Watakushi-wa anata-wo ai shimasu
Japonais : Kulo tresno
Japonais : Aishiteiru
Japonais : Chuu shiteyo
Japonais : Ora omme no koto ga suki da
Japonais : Ore wa omae ga suki da
Japonais : Suitonnen
Japonais : Sukiyanen
Japonais : Sukiyo
Japonais : Watashi wa anata ga suki desu
Japonais : Watashi wa anata wo ai shithe imasu
Japonais : A-i-shi-te ma-su
Javanais : Kulo tresno
Kabile : Hemlar kem (vers une femme)
Kabile : Hemlark (vers un homme)
Kankana-ey (Philippin) : Laylaydek sik-a
Kannada (Inde) : Naanu Ninnanu Preethisuthene
Kannada (Inde) : Naanu Ninnanu Mohisuthene
Kikongo : Mono ke zola nge
Kirundi ( Burundi ) : Ndagukunda
Kiswahili : Nakupenda
Klingon : bangwI' Soh
Klingon : qaparHa'
Klingon : qamuShá
Klingon : qaparHáqu'
Kpele : I walikana
Kurde : Ez te hezdikhem
Kurde : Min te xushvet
Kurde : Min te xoshvet (dialecte du sud)
Kurde : AZI DA TA HAZDAKAM ( région Elbistan )
Laosien : Khoi huk chau
Laosien : Khoi hak joa
Laosien : Khoi hak chao
Laosien : Khoi mak joa lai
Laosien : Khoi mak joa
Laosien : Khoi hak joa lai
Lari (Congo, région du Pool) : Ni kou zololo
Latin : Te amo
Latin : Vos amo
Latin (ancien) : (Ego) Amo te
Latvien : Es tevi milu (prononcer 'es tevy meelu')
Latvien : Es milu tevi (langage commun)
Libanais : Anna Bahibak
Lifou ( Ile de la Loyauté ) : ENI A NEMI EO
Lingala (Congo) : Nalingi yo
Lingala (Congo): Na lingui yo
Lithuanien : Tave myliu
Lisbonne (argot de) : Gramo-te bue', chavalinha !
Lojban : Mi do prami
Luo ( Kenia) : Aheri
Luxembourgeois : Ech hun dech gär
Maa : Ilolenge
Macédonien : Te sakam
Macédonien : Te ljubam
Macédonien : Jas te sakam
Macédonien : Pozdrav
Madrid (argot de) : Me molas, tronca
Maiese : Wa wa
Malais : Saya cintamu
Malais : Saya sayangmu
Malais : Saya sayang anda
Malais : Saya cintakan mu
Malais : Saya sayangkan mu
Malais : Saya chantikan awak
Malais : Aku sayang kau
Malais : Saya sayangmu
Malais/Bahasa : Saya cinta mu
Malais/Indonésien : Aku sayang kau
Malais/Indonésien : Saya chantikan awah
Malais/Indonésien : Saya sayangkan engkau
Malais/Indonésien : Saya chantikan awah
Malais/Indonésien : Aku cinta pada kau
Malais/Indonésien : Aku cinta pada mu
Malais/Indonésien : Saya cinta oada mu
Malais/Indonésien : Saya sayangkan engkau
Malais/Indonésien : Sayah chantikan awah
Malayalam : Ngan ninne snaehikkunnu
Malayalam : Njyann ninne' preetikyunnu
Malayalam : Njyaan ninnne mohikyunnu
Malayasien : Saya cintamu
Malayasien : Saya sayangmu
Malayasien : Saya cinta kamu
Malgache : Anno Tioko
Malgache : Tiako iano
Malgache : Tianao aho
Mandarin : Wo ai ni
Marathi : maaza tujyaavar prem aahe
Marathi : Mi tuzya var karato
Marathi : Me tujhashi prem karto (homme vers femme)
Marathi : Me tujhashi prem karte (femme vers homme)
Maré ( Ile de la Loyauté ) : Inû tchi a la bo
Marocain : Kanbhik
Marocain : Kanhebek
Marquisien : Hinenao ua'u ia oe
Marshallais : Yokwe Yuk
Mauricien : Mo mari cotan toi
Mongol : Be Chamad Hairtai (très intime)
Mohawk : Konoronhkwa
Mooré (Burkina Faso) : Mam nonga fo
Moyi (Congo Brazzaville) : Gakakayo
Munukutuba (Congo, Sud) : Mu zola mgé
Munukutuba (Congo, Sud) : Mou zolagué
Navajo : Ayor anosh'ni
Ndebele (Zimbabwe): Niyakutanda
Néerlandais : Ik hou van jou (passionn?ment)
Népalais : Ma timi sita prem garchhu (romantique)
Népalais : Ma timilai maya garchhu (non romantique)
Norvégien : Jeg elskar deg (Bokmaal)
Norvégien : Eg elskar deg (Nynorsk)
Norvégien : Jeg elsker deg (Bokmål) (prononcer : yai elske dai)
Nyanja : Ninatemba
Occitan gascon : Que t'aimi
Occitan languedocien : T'aimi
Op : Op lopveao yopuop
Oriya : Moon Tumakoo Bhala Paye
Oriya : Moon Tumakoo Prema Kare
Oromoo : Sinjaladha
Oromoo : Sinjaldha
Osetien : Aez dae warzyn
Ourdou (Inde) : Mujge tumae mahabbat hai
Ourdou (Inde) : Main tumse muhabbat karta hoon
Ourdou (Inde) : Mujge tumse mohabbat hai
Ourdou (Inde) : Kam prem kartahai
Ouzbek : Man seni sevaman
Pakistanais : Muje se mu habbat hai
Pakistanais : Muje stumse mahabbat hai
Papiamento : Mi ta stimábo
Pedi : Kiyahurata
Perse : Tora dost daram
Pig Latin : Ie ovele ouye
Picard : ej t'ei kier
Picard : ej te vô voléntié
Philippinin : Mahal ka ta
Philippinin : Mahal kita
Philippinin : Iniibig Kita
Poitevin-Saintongeais : i t'aeme
Polonais : Kocham ciebie
Polonais : Ja cie kocham
Portugeais/brésilien : Eu te amo
Portugeais: Eu amo-te
Portugeais : Amo-te
Provencal rhodanien (Mistralien) : T'ame
Punjubi (Inde) : Main tainu pyar karna
Punjubi (Inde) : Mai taunu pyar kardar
Quenay : Tye-melane
Réunion ( créole ) : Mi aime a ou
Roumain : Te iubesc
Roumain : Te ador
Russe : Ya lioubliou tiebia (je t'aime)
Russe : Ya tiebia lioubliou (je t'aime)
Russe : Ya vas lioubliou (je vous aime)
Russe : Lioubliou tiebia (je t'aime)
Russe : Ya polubil tiebia (je suis tomb? amoureux de toi)
Russe : Ya polubila tiebia (je suis tomb?e amoureuse de toi)
Russe : Ya lioubliou tiebia (je t'aime)
Scanien (Skånska) : Jâ hóllor âw di
Scanien (Skånska) : Jâ ty´tjor omm di
Samoen : Ou te alofa outou
Samoen: Ou te alofa ia te oe
Samoen : Talo'fa ia te oe
Samoen : Fia moi ?
Sancrit : Anugrag
Sénégalais (mancagne) : Di Ngalou
Sénégalais (wollof) : Da mala beugeu
Sénégalais (wollof) : Da mala nop
Serbe (formel) : Ja vas volim
Serbe (formel) : Volim vas
Serbe (formel) : Ljubim te.
Serbe (familier) : Ja te volim
Serbe (familier) : Volim te
Serbe (ancien) : Ljubim te (langage poétique)
Serbo-Croate : Volim te
Serbo-Croate : Ljubim te
Serbo-Croate : Ja te volim
SeSotho : Kiyahurata (prononcer ky-ya-hoo-rata)
Shona : Ndinokuda
Singalais (Ceylan) : Mama oyata adarei
Singalais (Ceylan) : Mama oyata aadareyi
Sioux : Techihhila
Somalien : Waan ku jaycahay
Soussou ( Guinée Conakry ) : ira fan ma
Sovaque : Lubim ta
Slovène : Ljubim te
Srilankais : Mama oyata arderyi
Strasbourgeois (variante alsacienne) : Ich hoab dich gearn (amical)
Strasbourgeois (variante alsacienne) : Ich hoab dich leb (beaucoup plus tendre)
Sudanais ( Bari ) : Nan nyanyar do
Sudanais ( Bari ) : Nan nyanyar do parik
Suaheli (Ouest Afrique) : Ninikupenda
Swahili : Naku enda
Swahili : Naku penda
Swahili : Ninikupenda
Swahili : Dholu'o
Suédois : Jag älskar dig
Suédois : Iaj Alskar Dej
Suédois : Jag är kär i dig (je suis amoureux)
Suisse allemand : Ch'ha di gärn
Syrien/Libanais : Bhebbek (vers une femme)
Syrien/Libanais: Bhebbak (vers un homme)
Tagaloge : Mahal kita
Tahitien : Ua Here Vau Ia Oe
Tahitien : Ua here vau ia oe
Tamoul : Naan unni kathilikaran
Tamoul : Ni yaanai kaadli karen
Tamoul : Naan unnai kadalikiren
Tamoul : Nan unnai kathalikaren
Tamoul : N^an yaanai kaadli karen
Tamoul : Nam vi' remberem
Tchèque : Miluji te
Telugu (Inde) : Neenu ninnu prámistu'nnanu
Telugu (Inde) : Nenu ninnu premistunnanu
Telugu (Inde) : Ninnu premistunnahu
Thaï (formel) : Ch'an rak khun (femme vers homme)
Thaï (formel) : Phom rak khun (homme vers femme)
Thaï (formel) : Phom-ruk-koon (homme vers femme)
Thaï (formel) : Chum-ruk-koon (femme vers homme)
Thaï : Khoa raak thoe (affection, amour, tendresse)
Tibétain : na kirinla gaguidou
Timide : heeuuu ! ... (suivi d'un long silence)
Tshiluba : Ndi mukasua
Tshiluba : Ndi musua wewe
Tshiluba : Ndi ne ditalala bua wewe
Tswama : Ke a go rata
Tunisien : hebbek
Tunisien : Ha eh bakn
Tumbuka : Nkhukutemwa
Turc : Seni seviyorum
Turc : Seni begeniyorum (très tendre)
Ukrainien : Ya tebe kokhaiou (je t'aime)
Ukrainien : Ya vas kokhaiou (je vous aime)
Ukrainien : Ya pokkhav tebe (je suis tombé amoureux de toi)
Ukrainien : Ya pokokhav vas (je suis tombé amoureux de vous)
Ukrainien : Ya pokokhala tebe (je suis tombée amoureuse de toi)
Ukrainien : Ya pokokhala vas (je suis tombée amoureuse de vous)
Unuit (Esquimo) : Ounakrodiwakit
Vai : Na lia
Värmländska : Du är görgo te mäg
Verlan : meait'je (forme apprenti)
Verlan : emia ai't ej (forme plus complexe)
Vietnamien : Em yeu anh (femme vers homme)
Vietnamien : toi yeu anh
Vietnamien : Toi yeu em
Vietnamien : Anh yeu em (homme vers femme)
Vilie (Congo) : Mi bekuzola
Volapük : Löfob oli
Vulcain : Wani ra yana ro aisha
wallisien : Au ofa ia koe
Wallon : Dji vos veu volti
Wallon : Dji vos inme
Wallon : Dji v'zinme
Wollof : Da ma la nope
Wollof : Da ma la nop
Yiddish : Ich libe dich
Yiddish : Ich han dich lib
Yiddish : Kh'hob dick lib
Yiddish : Kh'ob dikh holt
Yiddish : Ikh bin dir farlibt
Yucatec maya : 'in k'aatech (entre amants)
Yucatec maya : 'in yabitmech (pour presque tous)
Yougoslave : Ya te volim
Zazi (Kurde) : Ezhele hezdege (?)
Zoulou : Mina Ngithanda Wena (rarement utilisé)
Zoulou : Ngiyakuthanda
Zuni : Tom ho' ichema
==> Il tellement de mots different pour exprimer un même sentiment.=>
Joe, can you provide pictures of some chocolate candy or other fluffy sweets, or maybe beer and pretzels, as it would go well with the cat fight brewing between two people posting in your comments. ;)
Signed,
cowardly anonymous person who doesn't wanted to be dragged into said fight
It looks like awesome fun, thanks for sharing the pictures! Very glad to hear the film went down well. And i am relieved to see that evidently that's just Lenic's 'camera face' (for i got it too), and that he wasn't just giving me that look because he thought i was a wierdo. (then again, perhaps he was, and he was giving you that look for the same reason) :P
Of all the amazingly talented people involved with Stargate, he impressed me the most... perhaps just because he has such a fantastic and responsible job, but is only a few years older than me. But i digress... to... to.. to dinner. ::gallops away to eat::
*waves*
Ah you know how I love a good debate, so i'm putting in my extemely long-winded two cents. *g* You might want to go pee first. LOL
Firstly though... *gives her tac-vest to Molly* Looks like you might need this in future. ;)
So, Molly you seem really chatty these days, more so than me!! So how about we try ad sort out fact from fiction shall we? ;) I see Ali and Linz has already said the mojority of things. I did warn you that we were a vocal lot. :o) I've done a lot of snippedy doodah, purely becuase that as Dovil has said, seems to be a personal issue. So let's get onto the meaty stuff shall we?
"Molly appears like she's got to release her burden and has said...
I find it belittling when people are asked to constantly explain why they did or didn't like something online. I see it a lot in the episode threads where you or one of your friends will badger people constantly if they don't agree with your view. You'll tell them how wrong they are and basically try to make them look like idiots for not following your line of thinking.
You do understand that GW is a discussion forum don't you? Surprisingly, when some of us post over there, we do have opinions that are different to other people! Shocking isn't it! Darn, I always wanted to be a lemming, but maybe next year. ;) As for the badgering... did I mention that i'm opinionated and vocal, and am very un-lemming like? No? Well, that's so unlike me. I have to say when I post on GW, I don't need to badger anyone, because I have an enormous following and they all luff me, because they know i'm always right, so it's pointless with them disagreeing with me. :o) I note that you didn't say anything about me in today's post, thus once more proofing that I am in fact correct in everything I say. Okay, what's next then? :o)
There's such a thing as live and let live. Do I like Teyla? No very much. Do I like Ronon? Not at all. Do I like Keller? Hell no. If I had my way, she'd be on a one way bus to Fordville, possibly being fed on by a Wraith on the way. But you don't see me attacking their fans or starting anti campaigns about those characters.
Do you actually like the show? It's a valid question, considering you don't seem (by your post) to like most of the characters that are on screen at the moment. LOL
You seem to have no problem with Anti so and so campaigns, but need to talk down to people who are pro various actors or characters.
While I always approve of people and their little imaginary worlds, I can't help but ask where the heck did this come from?
Does everyone monitor themselves online? No. It's a sad fact of life. Anjirika was upset. She said something that was probably a little over the top but it was HOW SHE FELT, and I hate to say this, but you can only have control over how YOU feel and behave, not over others. Did you telling her her behaviour was bad make her want to change it? Probably not. If I'd been attacked like you attacked her, I would be angry.
It's not that she was upset with the changes, it was the way it was said that some people have taken exception to. Yes she's understandibly upset, but what she said was out of line. People can be upset and still be respectful. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
I saw some of the things that were written about JM by Shep fans around the time that Joe M said Joe F was not telling the truth about hassling them about scripts and actors.
Having seen some of those posts, which were later deleted, I have to say there's a huge double standard at play here. It's very much a do as I say, not as I do phenomenon.
The posts that you are actually referring to being deleted were due to other fans being discussed, nothing to do with Mr M. Personally if I have something to say, then I say it. Be it on GW or to Mr M directly. I don't hide my feelings, good or bad, but at least I try and be respectful. Certainly nothing i've said on GW about Mr M, has not been said here. So, hypocrisy/double standards? I think not.
The powers that be are the ones who should be worried. They're the ones who've made all these controversial decisions. If the series dies an untimely death, that's on the heads of those who made the decision to get rid of Beckett and Weir and bring in Carter and that horrible Keller, among other things. The buck stops with them. A fan saying "I hope that show dies" is just a fan saying what he or she feels.
The buck stops with the writers and the network. If the show does get axed before you think it should be, that's where you need to look for blame. Not at upset fans.
Yes, the buck stops with the network, and the execs, don't you think they know that? They hold themselves accountable for their decisions and their actions. I wish the same could be said for some people's actions. Just because you're a fan, it doesn't mean that you're not accountable for how you conduct yourself. We as fans have access to limited information, and therefore our assessments of the situation are based on nothing but speculation. We will never have access to the full facts and therefor will always be ill-informed on these types of business decisions. And we have to trust TPTB to make the right decisions. They cannot pander to every fanbase, irrespective of how emotive we become. Sure it would be lovely, but whom should they chose the shippers, the thunkers, the slashers, the whumpers, the techie geeks, no romo's? Which faction? Which favourite characters? Weir, Shep, Rodney, Ronon, Teyla, Carter, Zelenka, Lorne? Do you get my exceptionally long-winded drift?
Are you one of the people who seemed to think it's no big deal for Torri and Paul to be put out of work but is so upset about the others? Because those are the people that comment was aimed at.
And there it is the crux of the matter. Does it really matter if people don't want them back? Would it make you care less about them? No of course not, so why let it bother you? People are entitled to say who they like and who they don't like just as much as you and Anjirika. Does it make your post any less meaningless? No, of course it doesn't. BUT if your post is rude and out of order, that's what people will call you on. Irrespective of the character you support. It's not about the actors or the characters, it's as Ali said (so much more succinctly than I) you're behaviour, and how you put your point across.
They're full of double standards, and if it was their favourite character or actor, they'd be screaming from the rooftop about how unfair it is. But with Torri and Paul, it's "just business". Those people are the worst kind of hypocrites.
For the record, the only standards I have, are that people should always be polite. Sure be passionate, but there's nothing stopping you from speaking from your heart and having a bit of respect in the process.
Sorry Mr M, i've been cooped up studying all day, and haven't spoken very much! I guess i'm making up for lost time. Glad you had a great time.
*hugs*
hey i have a friend that was wondering how do audition for Stargate Atlantis?
it would be great to find out
thankz
Personally, I don't think Elizabeth is actually dead. For three years she was second in the credits. If she was going to die, she would have had a dramatic onscreen death, not an "Oh, by the way, she's dead".
I mean, think about it. If John Sheppard were to die, it wouldn't be offscreen. They wouldn't have something at the beginning of an episode where the characters just say "God, I can't believe he's dead!" That doesn't happen to main characters. Hell, it doesn't even happen to recurring characters.
So all you anti-Weir people (I refuse to name names because that would be rude and presumptuous of me), don't get excited. And all you pro-Weir people, don't get depressed. Somehow, I don't think we've seen the last of her.
STOP THE MADNESS!!!!
Molly
Alipeeps
dovil
ET AL
Just stop!
The one thing that unites us all is the love and respect we have for the TV programs SGA and SG1.
Personal attacks on each other and the actors and writers is at best childish and at worst down right, well it's down right something...!
I'm not trying to belittle your feelings or your obvious passion, but here may not be the right place for such a debate.
Pauline
Hello,
Thank you for the breakdown, it's very interesting !
I really like "TMC" despite the fact that I'm really deceived and sad that our real Elizabeth Weir is dead. (Is it sure ? really sure ??? I mean we have no proof and can we really trust replicaters ???)
The episode was fun to watch and entertaining. I love what you're doing with the nanites and the replicaters story.
Well, now I'll wait the next episode with Torri with impatience and hope to have the duplicate Weir coming on Atlantis in S5 !????
It would be cool to have a nice replicater with the team !
I miss her so much on the show !!
Bye
KMck
Thanks for the awesome pic of Michael. It is a bit chilly here in office and that warmed things up nicely. ; )
So any early estimate on which half of S5 we will see Daniel in. The sooner the better and with lots of Daniel whumping. : ) : )
Anonymous said: "Gee, isn't it funny how the people who shout the loudest about stereotyping people are ONCE AGAIN lumping all Weir fans in the same category?....
One thing that seems to be the case though is that all Anti season 9 and 10 people seem to be pro season 4, if they happen to watch Atlantis.
How does that feel, Joe? To have the same people who were bitching about your every move on SG1 now praising your every move on SGA? Hypocritical much, since they're doing it only because they're finally getting their own way and Carter's got a command?
THAT to me sounds like a serious case of entitlement coming home to roost. They hate Vala, they hate Mitchell, they hate Daniel -- all because they took time away from their precious Carter, and now they can't see it from the other side when people are upset at Carter taking over Atlantis and popular characters being dumped."
*********
Wow, talk about being hypocritical! You complain about some people dumping all Weir fans into one category, but you've done exactly the same thing to Carter fans. You've categorized all Carter fans as being anti-Vala, anti-Mitchell, and anti-Daniel. You've described Carter fans as disliking s9 and s10 of SG1, and only watching SGA s4 because of Carter. Talk about sweeping generalizations.
I happen to be a Carter fan, and I LIKE Mitchell, Vala, and Daniel. Seasons 9 and 10 weren't my favourite, mostly b/c Jack was gone. However, I understand that the show had to go on, it did, and I continued to watch. I did not hate those seasons, but they weren't my favourite. And, I happen to like s4 of SGA -- so what? So do a lot of other fans -- even the ones who are not Carter fans.
It's also really overstating things when you say that Carter is "taking over" Atlantis. She's only in 14 of 20 eps, and even the ones she's in, she has a very minor role (except for The Seer).
As for not "see[ing] it from the other side when people are upset at Carter taking over Atlantis and popular characters being dumped", you should be aware that not all Carter fans are happy to see them go; some Carter fans actually like Weir and Beckett (imagine that!). And, some fans of the show, who are NOT Carter fans, are happy to see Weir gone.
You accuse other fans (read: Carter fans) of making sweeping generalizations about Weir fans... well, you have done the same to Carter fans. Pot, meet kettle.
Oooops. I accidentally posted my comment for today as a comment for another day. *blushes* I'll claim a blond moment and move on. :)
That being said...the point's the same. You liked one video I did etc. etc. I'd love your reaction to this new one blah blah blah.
YouTube version
Better Veoh version
MB
Dovil - I just read your post, and diet coke spewed forth over my laptop. You know you're evil, right? But incredibly entertaining. You know, Joe, I think Dovil is sort of stealing the show here!
Joe, I do apologise. In my rush this morning I forgot to thank you for the piccies from the screening of Ark of Truth. Thanks very much for those, and it seems a good time was had by all.
Finally, Alipeeps has her own personal stalker? No fair! ;)
YEAH for pics!! I didn’t even recognize that was Chris Judge till I blew it up. His hair is crazy long, and yet super wavy and frizz free, what IS his secret LOL! Looks like lots of fun! Thanks for sharing the pics!
P.S. I second the request for a dred free Jason pic! I am so curious to see what he looks like!
Popcorn should go nicely with the catfight, which appears to be expanding into a group effort. Complete with accusations about putative Gateworld identities and looooong dissertations full of snide and snippy sarcasm, ending with the always hilarious assertions that "your posts" are rude while "my posts" are respectful. The kind of sideshow that is responsible for a lot of lurking at Gateworld.
Can we supersize that popcorn?
Hi Joe!!
Can't wait to see The Ark of Truth!! Question: What are you currently been listening to?? For me, outside of Radio Disney (Miley Cyrus, Jonas Bros., and Jump5) with the kids, it's been back to some old groups. I been listening to Genesis and Hall and Oates. I've also been listening to country music. It is big in the Chicagoland area (I'm just 30 min east in NW Indiana). I like Rascal Flatts and Sugarland! Can't wait for the 2nd half of season 4 to start on January 4th!!! We were worried it was going to be a long break. My kids would have gone stir crazy. Thanks for putting out your daily log. My kids like the pictures especially of the behind the scenes stuff and the dogs! Have a great day!
Jen
Indiana
wow. them posts sure are long. anyway, from the Fug Girls' entries for today:
4) The fact that Kourtney Kardashian's krazy ensemble has somehow made Kim Kardashian look like the sane and klassy one in the family, despite the fact that she's wearing a belt that either once belonged to a WWE titleholder or is a major setpiece in an upcoming sci-fi channel spinoff, Stargate: Forever 21
To be in the company of such pop icons! OMG! You're, like, famous!
Maybe you can bring Weir and Beckett back as stars in that spinoff. With her red tops and his...er...plaid background, they can be the Tim Gunn & Veronica Webb (in that order) of Pegasus.
Anonymous said...
Gee, isn't it funny how the people who shout the loudest about stereotyping people are ONCE AGAIN lumping all Weir fans in the same category?
Guys, seriously, wake up and ask how you'd feel if everyone said that all thunkers were one thing or all whumpers were one thing, or all slashers were.. whatever.
One thing that seems to be the case though is that all Anti season 9 and 10 people seem to be pro season 4, if they happen to watch Atlantis.
How does that feel, Joe? To have the same people who were bitching about your every move on SG1 now praising your every move on SGA? Hypocritical much, since they're doing it only because they're finally getting their own way and Carter's got a command?
THAT to me sounds like a serious case of entitlement coming home to roost. They hate Vala, they hate Mitchell, they hate Daniel -- all because they took time away from their precious Carter, and now they can't see it from the other side when people are upset at Carter taking over Atlantis and popular characters being dumped.
Anon, you made a great point that not everyone who is supporting Weir coming back can or should be lumped into one group. Every fan out there has a different reason for wanting (or not wanting) the Weir character to appear in future eps. And as you point out, no one wants their specific group to be painted with one wide brush.
Then, though, things get a little hinkey. You then lump all Anti-SG-1(S9/S10) people into one category, Pro-SGA(S4). The only qualification you put on it is if these ASG1S9S10ers watch SGA at all. That looks like a mighty wide brush.
This paintjob is followed by the further lumping of these fans into JM fanboy/fangirls, Pro-Carter, Anti-Vala, Anti-Mitchell, Anti-Daniel, and feeling entitled.
So, based upon your post, all Weir fans are individuals with their own feelings, ideas, agendas, and views of Weir, Torri, and SGA. Correct? If so, then I agree with you.
But also based upon your post, anyone who speaks up about stereotyping (and this includes YOU now) is a Shouting Anti-Weir, Anti-Beckett, Anti-SG-1(S9/S10), Pro-SGA(S4), JM fanboy/girl, Pro-Carter, Anti-Vala, Anti-Mitchell, Anti-Daniel fan who feels entitled and that Carter is "precious?"
I think you've put a whole lot of fans who have diverse thoughts, feelings, and fandom preferences into a very narrow group that you hate - and unwittingly included yourself.
eddy
While the gals headed over to the concession stand to load up on popcorn and bottled war,
"bottled war?" not only do you eat weird stuff, but you drink it too.
Ben Browder was the first of the actors to show, sporting a mop top that I automatically assumed he was growing out for some upcoming role like maybe the adult version of H.R. Pufnstuf. I’d assumed incorrectly. According to Ben, he was letting the hair go until he landed his next job. Well, here’s hoping the WGA reaches a deal soon. Reeaaaal soon.
there's a reason to hope for a swift end to the strike if i've ever heard one.
BTW if anyone want's to see what ben's hair was like (more or less) look here:
http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?
showtopic=2253342&st=4280
posts #4294, #4295 & #4297,
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
==>petit message pour dire bonne nuit et que je pense beaucoup à vous, Bisou Bisou..MOuaamouaa!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Hi Joe, I've just seen seen This Mortal Coil on Sky One. I just wanted to say it was a great ep, I really enjoyed it!
The scene at the end between Rodney & Radek has to be one of my favourite scenes ever in Stargate! Aww...
Guys,
If this is an argument crossing over from GW, could you please take it back there?
I understand differences of opinion and how everyone wants to be heard, but this always degenerates into a bitchy catfight that makes reading through all the comments tiresome and frustrating.
Imagine how annoying it must be for Joe to have to read all these plus the ones he doesn't approve?
If he and some of us wanted to read why you were disagreeing after the first - oh I don't know - 20 comments, we may go to GW, but I'm just here to read about a show I love and see other peoples' reaction to it, not each other.
only me again....
*cough*
"Aanonymous said...
Popcorn should go nicely with the catfight, which appears to be expanding into a group effort. Complete with accusations about putative Gateworld identities and looooong dissertations full of snide and snippy sarcasm, ending with the always hilarious assertions that "your posts" are rude while "my posts" are respectful. The kind of sideshow that is responsible for a lot of lurking at Gateworld.
Can we supersize that popcorn?"
I did say I try and be respectful, I never said I was any good at it. :P
*passes over supersize popcorn and coke before making a hasty retreat*
So, entire copy team is dead?
Will more sins of the Ancestors be revisited by the Atlantis crew?
♥ANAIS♥ ...
I don't know what you said as I don't read French...but you should win some sort of prize for "Longest Blog Comment Ever." A kewpie doll perhaps?
:)
No wonder there's no mailbag. With certain posters bickering and catfighting! Most of this comment section is taken up with long tedious paragraphs of you all having to be right plus quoting one another.
Take it off Joe's blog, talk about being disrespectful!
PG15 said...
"I can't tell you since you're not suppose to get ideas from fans."
I was wondering about that. I think they can't read fanfic because if they were to write a storyline very similar to one, it would be a copyright infringement. I don't think just an idea can be copyrighted(sp?) but I don't know for sure. I read wikipedia (but who knows how correct that is..lol) and it seems you have to make it into a poem, story, song, etc for it to fall under the copyright category. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
So I don't see why he couldn't use just a basic idea. Anyone know for sure? Joe?
I for one would be tinkled pink if I gave a basic idea and it ended up on SGA! What a compliment!
Kimberly
Thanks for the pictures,
I was wondering, will we see what happened to either the Wraith Dart from 'The Hive' or 'Vengeance'? I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but in SG-1 when Earth captured the Death Gliders they modified them/attempted to modify them/or at least studied them. Will we see the same with the Darts?
This Mortal Coil aired this evening in the UK, and it was absolutely awesome. Thanks.
@dovil
Man....I love ya! You say it like it is and really crack me up with your great snarkastic sense of humor!!! :~D
Kimberly
... adult version of H. R. PufnStuf???? ... you are mean! ;) and worse, dating yourself!!!
Maybe you could reach your inner artistic self and give us a quick sketch of the current Ben Browder hair - we NEED a different mental picture!
Joe, you didn't mention whether Claudia Black was at the premeire?
Hi Joe, thanks for the recent breakdown of TMC and for the pics from Ark of Truth premiere.
Do you know when the Ark of Truth dvd will be released in New Zealand??
Linzi said...
Finally, Alipeeps has her own personal stalker? No fair! ;)
Are you feeling left out? I'll stalk you if you want... :D
Jade said...
P.S. I second the request for a dred free Jason pic! I am so curious to see what he looks like!
I've seen the sans dreads hairdo for like a fraction of a second... but sadly can provide no photographic evidence as Jason whipped his hat back on before anyone could raise a camera and then proceeded to tease us by taking the hat off and putting it on again very quickly! :lol:
Any thoughts you can share yet on how you guys are gonna dead with Ronon's hair in Season 5 Joe?
Joe thanks for posting the amazing photos from the Ark of Truth screening.
I have to say that I love Lexa's outfit. She is so stylish. Wish I could ask her where she got that cute dress from.
CJ and Michael looked great as did Beau Bridges (I agree he is a very handsome older man).
Too bad Ben Browder was camera shy. He's a very nice man and very handsome too.
So Joe since you really can't reveal any spoilers for even possible upcoming stories for Atlantis, were the things you posted about the ideas for a Daniel comes to Atlantis story just in jest? I do know that Michael Shanks does have great comedic timing and it would be fun to see Daniel have a misadventure, but you do know how we Daniel girls love our 'serious/angsty Daniel right?
Don't come here all that often anymore, but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your postings and the way you share with us. It's really nice to have real information and real behind the scenes commentary and feedback. I love the photos of the production people and they way you seem to make everyone feel more personable and not just some faceless entity behind the camera. It's nice to have a bit of insight into the personalities that create the show.
I know you take criticisms in some corners for your choice to be on the net and accessible. For actually taking the the time to not just be the showrunner/producer guy, but for being just one of us. I just want to say that I for one appreciate your strolling around among the fans and sharing interests with us.
May not always comment,may not always agree with what you say, but I always appreciate your being in the trenches with us and actually taking the time to see the fans of the shows as real people and not just ratings numbers or faceless viewers.
Thanks Joe
I'll probably get attacked for this because it seems Weir fans have no right to an opinion or anything, but please bring her back. 5 episodes, 10 episodes, 14 episodes.
If you made the offer and the storyline was good, I'm sure Torri would be up for it.
And please people don't accuse me of presuming to know what Torri thinks. That seems to be a favorite passtime of the anti-Torri crowd these days, and it's getting really old.
Lt.Col.Errandboy said...
"Amazing how 'proprietory' people get about a TV show, like it's their absolute right to tell TPTB how to run it.
Joe - how much of what is discussed on forums such as Gateworld factor into the decision-making process, especially in light of your approval for a fifth season?"
What is wrong with those people? Don't they know it's MY show and their input means ABSOLUTELY nothing? Only what I write to Joe is considered! Hmmmph! The nerve of them! (just joking for those of you who can't tell if it's humor..lol)
So if Gateworld is SO(sarcastically) important and I don't go there...that must mean that my wonderfully important opinion is not being represented. Well, I must run right over there and post repeatedly and under many assumed names to make sure my most important opinion is listened to and followed. (um...again...just joking and this is in no way aimed at Lt.Col.Errandboy who brought up an interesting question)
Kimberly
I first learned the term Steampunk a few days ago. Now I have a word that accurately describes Kelowna and also the Genii society.
Fascinating.
Ok everyone...correct me if I'm wrong:
Shippers=relationshippers that want to see a particular pair get together
Slashers=same thing as above but with a same-sex pair(or more?)
Whumpers-want to see characters get beat up
No romo's- want no kind of romance
What is a thunker?
What is a techie geek?
Thanks for the answers!
Kimberly
AnneTeldy said...
Well, it's an excellent notion, with far greater story arc potential than my idea. Mine would be more of a one-off. I had the idea some time ago but it sorta 'gelled' when I read the blog hints. I'm not registered at GateWorld so I couldn't send mine to you.
Thank you!! Oh, and actually, I'm a dude. Just so you know. ;-)
That notion has...evolved, let's say. I was bored last night and my mind stuck in 3 twists in the story in about 5 minutes. Hehe.
Awww...that's too bad. I'm sure your story was pretty good too. My ideas tend to get out of hand fairly fast, and I'm terrible at thinking up one-offs.
dovil said:
...to finally get the heart and soul of Atlantis reinstated: the Daleks, co-starring Darth Vadar as Chuck’s long-lost brother Bob.
MALLOZZI. I insist that you make this happen or I wtaill call down an army of even entitled fans upon you.
(Not that that hasn't happened already.)
ANYWAY. Nice pictures. I just started watching SGA and only very recently got caught up with all the episodes, but I don't think I quite have the stamina/cash to catch up with all ten seasons of SG-1 so I'm afraid I won't be checking out the new movie. Can't wait for the start of January, though! :D
Sorry for posting so much Joe, but I feel helpful tonight...
Kdvb1 said...
What is a thunker?
What is a techie geek?
A thunker is someone who thinks a character or actor is totally hot (i.e. John Sheppard/Joe Flanigans); so hot that it makes their jaws drop, making a "thunk!" sound as it hits...something. So basically, thunkers are those who worship the beautiful.
A tech geek is much easier to explain; they "know" (whether they actually know or are just making up BS, nobody knows) a lot about the sciences, and tend to spend pages upon pages discussing amongst themselves all the technical errors associated with the show, or thinking up wild solutions to defeating the show's enemies using about a billion pieces of technology from the show's past. It is not unusual to see posts by tech geeks that are filled with calculations regarding the yields of Mark 9 warheads or the energy stored within a ZPM. Basically, the tech geeks are those that dig faaaar too deeply into the show's technology.
I hope that answers your questions.
It would be nice to NOT have the Gateworld fights here. Many of us do not go there and don't want to read about Gateworld fights and tactics quoted here. It really has no relevence. I hang around on David's 'A Dog's Breakfast' blog and you don't see me constantly quoting things from there.
BTW...the nicest people post on that blog...hardly ever a fight and when we have the odd one...we normally back down pretty quick and try to put things back into perspective and realize everyone has a right to their opinion. And we try to be respectful of other's opinions when we post an opposite opinion. It is just a personal opinion after all...not the TRUTH.
Kimberly
Great pics can't wait to see the movie. also cant wait to see the rest of season 4 and Weir's mysterious 4th episode.
Gotta say it again please have Weir back for at least a few episodes next season.
Here's Jason without his dreadlocks. It's an old picture so I don't know if he would look the same:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/Riku_Masaki/21239_373115181_jason_momoa01_H1724.jpg
Kimberly
mrsb108 said...
Will more sins of the Ancestors be revisited by the Atlantis crew?
Q: Joe, Are we allowed to suggest titles for episodes? I bring this up because, 'Sins of the Ancestors' sounds nice, although very profound.
I would like to know, are we allowed to take a tour of the writers office at the Con08, in Vancouver?
Mr. pg15 said:
Thank you!! Oh, and actually, I'm a dude. Just so you know. ;-)
Sorry!
Awww...that's too bad. I'm sure your story was pretty good too.
I probably don't deserve your confidence.
My ideas tend to get out of hand fairly fast, and I'm terrible at thinking up one-offs.
My ideas can snowball as well. As I said if you're ever bored and want to see just how much, feel free to contact me through TV.com or Hey!Nielsen. I'm AnneTeldy at both of them, too.
AnneTeldy
Tory said...
I'll probably get attacked for this because it seems Weir fans have no right to an opinion or anything, but please bring her back. 5 episodes, 10 episodes, 14 episodes.
If you made the offer and the storyline was good, I'm sure Torri would be up for it.
And please people don't accuse me of presuming to know what Torri thinks. That seems to be a favorite passtime of the anti-Torri crowd these days, and it's getting really old.
In your paragraph you just said you were sure Torri would be up for it what part of that isn't presuming to know what Torri thinks.
I'm not an anti-weir fan but I'm fast becoming one with all the Weir fans griping on this blog.
I love the show, all of the characters and can't wait for the rest of season 4 and all of season 5.
Great work Joe at least some of the million plus fans in the US still watching think you are doing something rightand there are many more of us in the rest of the world. Keep up the great writing you rock.
Jules
Aussie fan
My god, this comment page is becoming tedious. Can we all agree that if your draft post is 4 screens long, it could probably do with some editing? Can you imagine how much time Joe has to spend reading this junior high nonsense before approving it?
I hate to break it to you, but there's not an argument stated here that hasn't been used in any fandom every single time a character is killed off, especially if the actor wanted to stay, and sometimes even if he didn't. It's all been said, pro and con. Joe & co have listened to you, now please let them get on with season 5 they way they're going to do it anyway. Or at least retreat to your GW threads so the rest of us can enjoy the blog!
"Well, I must run right over there and post repeatedly and under many assumed names to make sure my most important opinion is listened to and followed. (um...again...just joking and this is in no way aimed at Lt.Col.Errandboy who brought up an interesting question)"
How dare you, Kim... *snickers*
Seriously, people. There is no hope for peace on earth if y'all are gonna bicker and bi*tch about a TV show...
I love Atlantis, & SG-1, but "they are not real"...so all you 'shippers,' 'slashers' whumpers and thunkers, please repeat this five times a day while meditating, and you may eventually discover there's a real world out there somewhere that could do with a bit more attention.
Wonder if we could convert this passion into some kind of environmentally-friendly fuel?
increase the peace, peeps.
-Dana
Hi, Joe.
I've tried posting this three times, the fourth time should be a charm. (Cranky computer - and cranky little old lady AT the computer!)
From USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-12-11-nielsen-analysis_N.htm
(Please follow the link for the complete article.)
Nielsens:
**snippage**
•Sci Fi saga...Friday's season finale of Stargate Atlantis claimed 1.6 million.
:)
Best wishes, Morjana
I haven't been here in a while, but it's nice to know that some things never change! The Weir fans still can't be reasoned with, nor will they accept reality and the rest of us are still laughing at them. Ah, it's a bastion of safety in an ever changing world.
Now for my two cents...
Take it from an "insider" (at least in my own mind) - The real Weir *is * dead as they said in TMC and she won't be back for S5 in any form. Believe it or not, the PTBs had a good reason for letting her character go and that hasn't changed.
@ PG15
Thanks! The "thunker" term has been bugging me for a while and I'm glad I finally know! Hmm...I can be a thunker at times! And a shipper as well as a no romancer, etc, etc, etc.
Yeah...I know the last two are opposites...but I wobble between wanting to "ship" and yet being very afraid that it wouldn't be written like I hope it would! ;~P
Of course that is what fanfiction is for! ;~D
Inquisitively,
Kimberly
Oh where oh where has our Joe Mallozzi gone?
Oh where oh where can he be?
It's past midnight on the U.S. East coast,
Oh where oh where can he be?
Wonderingly,
Kimberly
Yes another post from moi...I know you all are waiting with bated breath for my posts!;~)
Thinking about the techie geeks reminded me of the new show "The Big Bang Theory". They would definately be considered techie geeks! I can just see them arguing over SGA tech stuff! I love that show.
Kimberly....again
No blog? You ok?
Alas, doesn't look like I'll be posting a blog today as blogger has locked me out. I'll continue writing the entries and saving them as drafts and once this problem is resolved, you'll have a whack of entries to read.
Joe
Hope you're okay, Joe. Its 2am on the east coast and it's odd not to see an update.
Yep. A okay. Just unable to blog.:(
I told everyone not to panic. DON'T PANIC! is what I said.
Uh huh.
Then someone mentioned my cleavage.
I got my spork out.
Spork-related mishaps have risen over 65% since this time last year. Sadly, the majority go unreported.
sanssong said:Take it from an "insider" (at least in my own mind) - The real Weir *is * dead as they said in TMC and she won't be back for S5 in any form. Believe it or not, the PTBs had a good reason for letting her character go and that hasn't changed.
I believe they had their reasons, whether they were good ones or not is actually a matter of opinion. Just like whether the reasons for bringing over the ever boring Carter character from SG1 and her deeply mediocre actress were "good" or not. If as, Joe Flanigan has suggested, they were meant to increase the ratings, not so good at all really.
Joseph Mallozzi said...
Yep. A okay. Just unable to blog.
You could just answer a few quick questions. Like am I right with my guess Torri Higginson will be in Outcast, as the human form replicator on Earth?
But then, if I'm right, you probably won't post this. So, if you don't post this I'll assume I'm right. (I can keep a secret.)
Anne Teldy
I knew something was up! Well, rest assured I never thought your life was in danger or anything like that, Joe, since the comment count was still going up and SOMEBODY had to have been approving them!
This is weird though...I guess it needed a technical malfunction for you to finally miss a day, eh?
AnneTeldy said...
"You could just answer a few quick questions. Like am I right with my guess Torri Higginson will be in Outcast, as the human form replicator on Earth?
But then, if I'm right, you probably won't post this. So, if you don't post this I'll assume I'm right. (I can keep a secret.)"
I'm posting this. Assume you're wrong.
Joe
I wrote:
But then, if I'm right, you probably won't post this. So, if you don't post this I'll assume I'm right.
Damn. Something tells me I still don't know if I was right. Am I right that I still don't know if I'm right or wrong?
PG-15 said...
"I knew something was up! Well, rest assured I never thought your life was in danger..."
For shame! That's the FIRST THING you should assume!
Joseph Mallozzi said...
Spork-related mishaps have risen over 65% since this time last year. Sadly, the majority go unreported.
It's a conspiracy. The one and only known whistle blower in this scandal suffered a tragic picnic mishap.
The spork industry has a lot to answer for.
Mr. pg15 said "I knew something was up! Well, rest assured I never thought your life was in danger..."
To which the man himself answered:
For shame! That's the FIRST THING you should assume!
I thought it was possible that the enemies of Baron Destructo had kidnapped you, so couldn't you give me a secret tidbit all my own about upcoming plots/storylines/anything just so I can feel all smug?
But...but...the COUNT Joe! The comment count was going up! SOMEBODY had have been there to approve them...unless...unless that somebody wasn't you, and they killed you! My God, I never thought of that. You could've been killed!
For shame indeed Joe, for shame indeed.
Oh, thank god, I thought your dogs had finally sent you on a near fatal tumble down the stairs and you were lying crumpled in a heap, your hand twitching towards the computer, melodramatic violin music mysteriously playing from somewhere.
I don't want to say for sure if in a paniced moment I called Interpol, but when the helicopters show up and armed officers start sliding down ropes into your backyard just tell them that they've got the wrong address and they need to go a couple of houses down.
Yep, we have a fondess for java chip frappachinos. But not more than one a month because those things are sickly sweet.
*waves*
No blog!! Aaaaaaargggh. What the heck am I going to do without my morning cuppa Joe?! I'm going to go into withdrawl!
Oh well, work will have to suffice in the interim.... *yawn*
Have a good day Joe, and let's just hope it's a temporary glitch. Just do what I do give the side of it a slap (like you're hitting it upside the head), swear uncontrollably at it, because it's not playing nice, then threaten that you won't use it again if it doesn't comply. Just for clarity, I was talking about the PC and not the posters.... Maybe. :P
"Neep said
I told everyone not to panic. DON'T PANIC! is what I said.
Uh huh.
Then someone mentioned my cleavage.
I got my spork out."
Neep, sorry to tell you hon, but they're masochists, they like being sporked. You'll have to distract them with something else now! LOL Have you got any cleavlessless dessert pics, I think that'll keep them drooling, but also but you in favour with Mr M ;o)
I'm beginning to ramble again aren't I? Okay i'm going now......
Oooh Mr M, it's my birthday today (well on the 12th, but today is the 12th for me). If you do get blogger working again... any juicy gossip on the writing front for lil ol' me? :o)
And because i'm being sad and pathetic...(nothing new there) To be sung in the tune of Happy Birthday.
*cough*
Happy birthday to me,
can I have nekkid Sheppy,
lying intubated and whumppppy,
what a great present foooooor me. :D
Okay definately going now.:D
*hugs*
Joe,
What does 1.6 million mean in terms of a rating figure? There's speculation of anything from 1 to about 1.3. What is it?
Man Joe, you're either up realllll late or up reaaaaallll early.
Sporks are better than knorks.. now they're dangerous.
I made that up.
Glad you're ok...
Hahahahaha! My nefarious plan worked. I noticed all the argumentative comments that people were leaving and realized that fans must have thought that your blog was actually mine. So I locked you out of your account in an attempt to start making my own entries... but alas. Little Jonida farted, causing me to pass out, and when I woke up, Blogger had noticed my hack and locked me out, as well. Rest assured, I won't fail next time...
First suspect will be Fondy and then the pugs, Lulu is far too cute to be a killer.
It is 0832 in Carsonbeckettland and the first thing that I thought of when I got up (apart from feeding the cats) was "Joe's blog".
I must lead a really boring life.
:-)
shawna said: "Our crack strike force has a habit of compulsively stopping at every Starbucks they see."
oh ye of little taste...*gags*
Starbuck's coffee is little more than dirty water stirred with an old sock. You need to get out more.
Good grief, I get home from visiting the folks and get online only to find there's no post for the 11th. Good thing I noticed the number of comments approved and decided to check the comments section immediately, otherwise I'd have been worried. You've got us spoiled with such regular, consistent posts!
Don't feel bad about missing today's post. I've had to do a few retro-active blog posts in the past due to unforseen circumstances. Granted there will be two posts to do in a single day, but you still maintain a great count.
Have you heard the Jerry Seinfeld story about how he motivates himself to write every day using a giant calender board, marking each day he wrote something? Eventually the whole wall is red with his progress. Blogspot is great that way, you're almost 365 days consectutive. You can do it!
Lt.Col.Errandboy said...
I love Atlantis, & SG-1, but "they are not real"...so all you 'shippers,' 'slashers' whumpers and thunkers, please repeat this five times a day while meditating, and you may eventually discover there's a real world out there somewhere that could do with a bit more attention.
What do you MEAN it's not REAL?!!!
*panics*
Hey Joe..just thought I'd pop in and say hi. I've been MIA lately. Long story but I'll have to play catch up on your blog!
Geez, shawna, crack strike forces should also obsessively investigate the local Tim Horton's, don't you think? They're appearing much like the Starbucks ventures once did. All over. Thank God. I can't survive my postal night otherwise (*literal, that, as I work in the large U.S. Post Office plant in Lansing, Michigan*). Yep, survival requires one medium TH latte, various bread artifacts and my laptop. Speaking of which...
When I was in the Air Force in various distant locales around the world, one constant was mail call. And yeah, the Atlantis crew does the databurst thing to send/receive email. But when the Daedalus arrives or as now, in the case of the intergalactic Gate system - the supply dump via whatever system they've put in place, there is still gonna be physical mail because Moms have gotta send the care packages (being a Mom and famous for care packages from wonderland, I know this). No matter how much email I sent/received when I was in, it's the letters from my kid and mine to him that I keep and the memories of opening those care packages that I treasure. As a postal employee, I have to say, the stuff that people try to ship! OMG. *wide eyes* We had an alligator once. He's in the training pamphlet for the Hazmat guide now. Ate his way out of the cardboard box. Back to the point... I bet Daniel is a big enough space case to ship Carter stuff he shouldn't. Just a thought for the future, Mr. Writer.
Joe, thanks for the great pic's! It sounds like you all had a blast!
Ben's hair! I reckon it would look great anyway he had it! "gorgeous man"!
Cathie
Joe,
Glad to hear you are okay. Well, I feared for your safety. then I thought. it probably takes you a couple hours to wade through all the ridiculous rants, I mean fan mail, before approval.
I'm a regular reader but I don't post very often. I am very happy with season 4. By the time I log on, most of the compliments have already been said. This has been a great season. I don't know how you are going to top it next year.I'd love a comedic episode. I think you guys do comedy quite well. That is one of my favorites parts of the show.
I'd love to see Daniel, John & Mckay in some wacky adventure. Those actors & character can be really funny. They are my favorites for humor.
Wow sir, for the first time (ever?) you've missed a day of blogging! I hope you're feeling well...
Well, that was an interesting five minutes looking for Dec 11 comments from Joe M! Glad they were at the bottom, I could skip quite a lot :)
DD
Oh lackaday no blog from Joe since monday. You better have a good excuse young man!
but seriously, I hope this doesn't mean something's gone wrong in your world.
Looking forward to the catch up.
Hey, Joe. You Rock! It was my birthday on the 10th. I was gunna mention it earlier but I sorta forgot! I love Baron Destructo! Could you pass that on for me? Thx!
Joseph Mallozzi said ...
Alas, doesn't look like I'll be posting a blog today as blogger has locked me out. I'll continue writing the entries and saving them as drafts and once this problem is resolved, you'll have a whack of entries to read.
I say kick it Joe. Kicking fixes almost everything. Although if this doesn't actually fix anything, rather makes it worse ... I blame PG15 :P
Hello Joseph!!
Quoi?????? Pas de mise a jours!!!
En plus je n'est pas arrêtais de penser a quesque vous mettriez dans votre blog aujourd'hui, mais a chaque foix que je pense a quelque chose trés fort, sa n'arrive jamais!
Jespert que vous pourriez trés vite nous remettre des petite new de vous! En tout cas merci de nous laissez des commentaires pour nous tenir au courant de ce qu'il se passe.
Je vous en suppli réponder a cette question=(
Dite moi un chiffre entre 1 et 41?
c'est important, mon concour n'a toujour pas de gagnant=(
Bon énorme kisou Kisou, revenez nous trés vite, love love, Merci, a demain, bonne journée!
Thanks, Morjana for the info about TMC's ratings. Adrift got 1.7 million viewers Live+Same Day, which meant a 1.2 rating. So TMC with 1.6 million viewers has to be around 1.1, which is the same the show got with Missing and The Seer (Joe, can you tell us something about Miller's Crossing ratings, the Live+Same Day figures at least?).
If you look at this:
Missing = 1.1
no Sam, no Elizabeth
The Seer = 1.1
yes Sam, no Elizabeth
TMC = possible 1.1
no Sam, yes Elizabeth
Maybe neither of them bring extra viewers to the show.
Maybe people watch the show for other characters OR watch it as a whole and don't care one way or the other whether any of these two characters are in the show or not...
In any case, I hope this ends the "if Torri was still a regular in s4, your ratings would be higher" kind of argument.
I am NOT anti Weir. I'm NOT anti Sam. In fact I like BOTH. I just think it doesn't make much sense to assume the show would get higher ratings with any of them being or not being there, when ratings have been pretty consistent whether any of them was there or not.
Anneteldy said..
I thought it was possible that the enemies of Baron Destructo had kidnapped you.
Okay I’ll put £10.75 towards the ransom for Joe.
But only if I can get £5.00 change and first go at the script treatment for ‘Stargate Atlantis the Motion Picture’ also known as ‘I Came I Saw and I Kicked Ass’.
Other wise I’m on the Baron’s side and I want my ransom money back.
Pauline
Wow Joe, Looks like you had a great time with the AoT. Thanks for all the pics, is nice to see everyone again.
*gasps* no tuesday entry Joe? It's ok, i'm sure you were really busy...just hoping it's not a conspiracy...
I haven't been here in a while, but it's nice to know that some things never change! The Weir fans still can't be reasoned with, nor will they accept reality and the rest of us are still laughing at them.
Goodness, the originator of the phrase, "Weird Fans". Sans is such a class act, really.
Now, wait a minute. How do we know that it was the REAL Joe posting and not RepliJoe? That could explain not being able to get into blogger, if RepliJoe wasn't a perfect copy, he wouldn't know all the passwords. And now he's trying gain our trust to get our protection in case he ends up in danger!
Doggone it, where's that ARG when we need it??
Just read “The official Companion Season 3” of Stargate Atlantis (yes, I know, I’m such a geek). Very interesting; I had so many questions to ask about it… Well, Martin Gero explains what’s up with Higginson’s character, the raisons of her “phase out”. Though I disagree with the need of Weir’s send off (this show needs a moral figure than this season lacks, besides the scientific and military rols, IMO), I appreciate that finally Martin Gero explains all it. Personally, a never understood how confront Atlantis-fans with SG1-fans (or Weir-fans vs. Carter-fans) will be good for the show or for the franchise… but, well, it’s your call… Besides, he too says that the first replacement not was Carter, if “someone else”. Do you can say who?
Random thoughs… I really enjoyed “Irresistible”, very funny scripts and well acted. I don’t know what’s up with that “date-rape” talk that mentions Brad Wright. Seriously, a rape? I don’t see that… The replicators. Well, I don’t like this villain-group, but Oberoth is really great, and his actor is awesome... “Phantoms”; Sheppard: “I’m sorry for shooting everyone”. Best season phrase... “Tao of Rodney” is the best episode. I agree with David Hewlett: “there always been this implied history between Rodney and Elizabeth”. I understand this is an action-show, not a soap-opera, but this is a so wasted relationship… And “First Strike”: wow, what a blast. Terrific CGI. Overall, a brilliant season.
bonjour,
continuez SGA, c'est vraiment génial, je voulais savoir si vous déjà vu la série en Français ? Si oui qu'en pensez vous ? Et avez vous un droit de regard sur la façon dont c'est doublé ? Pour ma part je sélectionne toujours langue anglaise lorsque je me les revisionne, je les trouve tellement plus précis qu'en français. En tout cas merci pour la série....
Spork? Is that the same thing as a foon?
Hey Joe,
Do you have any idea at a possible DVD region 2 release of the Ark of Truth?
P.S. enjoying Atlantis aswell, hope there are still ways to keep Weir and Beckett around for potential season 5 appearances. Bring Koyla back also, great personal nemesis for Sheppard.
As far also other characters go who people would want back, i.e. Ford, you could always do another alternate universe episode, that would satisfy most.
You could try and bring Robert Patrick back in the same type of episode, he was great as Col.Sumner.
Just thinking an all, but Season 4 still great so far.
Has anyone ever seen a spork not made of plastic?
Anonymous said:
"
One thing that seems to be the case though is that all Anti season 9 and 10 people seem to be pro season 4, if they happen to watch Atlantis.
How does that feel, Joe? To have the same people who were bitching about your every move on SG1 now praising your every move on SGA? Hypocritical much, since they're doing it only because they're finally getting their own way and Carter's got a command?
THAT to me sounds like a serious case of entitlement coming home to roost. They hate Vala, they hate Mitchell, they hate Daniel -- all because they took time away from their precious Carter, and now they can't see it from the other side when people are upset at Carter taking over Atlantis and popular characters being dumped."
Stereotypes yet again. Hated S9. S10 was better. But the phrase "damning with faint praise" comes to mind...
Hated Vala in S9. And much of the 'little girl' in S10. Actually liked her story *better* in Line in the Sand than Carter's. Much more compelling. Vala, when not when as a sexually harassing "whorelette" (CB's word) or a silly pig-tailed comedic character was quite compelling. I enjoyed those bits.
I won't go into Daniel. I have issues with the actor's (s6) behavior that has colored how I see a character I used to really like. But he wasn't Daniel in S9/S10. He was Action Jackson. (Described by Shanks as a 'mini-RDA'. OY!) Riiiight...
I tried to like Mitchell. Was looking forward to him. Despised him taking over as team lead with no experience when someone with 8 years - one *as lead* - was there. Didn't buy it. Literally.
SGA S4. Meh. To be honest I've liked some eps. Carter as leader makes much more sense. And I haven't been impressed with Weir. (found her stultifying) since SG-1 S7. **But** while I find S4 more to my liking character-wise (still miss Beckett though)I've only been but so impressed. Still waiting for Teyla's story to start.
Yeah, some of it is not using Sam (in the city) when it would make sense for her - not Shep - to make a decision, but mostly it's...meh. I still like the secondary characters more than the ones (McKay and Shep) mostly focused on.
I used to love McKay. But the overuse of the (excellently done by Hewlett) whine button had plucked my last nerve regarding him. Shep...I can't even go there. Can't stand 'im.
So, not universal praise because Sam is there. She got me to give SGA yet another try. But she's not enough to keep me if the stories aren't interesting enough. The jury is still out on whether I do.
suse
suse
Haaaaaaa! No blog today what Im gonna do ? And Im not certain to understand all the comments ! What's mean «spork»? Haaa ! Who Im am ? Who are you ? Ok, I have to breathe, all is gonna be fine...
Ha ha! The gang at O.S. are at it again. This time they're criticizing you for telling Shanks to give you notes on your episode idea at the screening!
They think you were serious!
How clueless can you get?!
Well- it seems that I've caused quite a stir. Now, I know that I said that I would not post here again buy my mum who reads this blog daily pointed out the debate that was raging and therefore I felt inclined to post one last time.
I want to thank Molly for sticking up for me and understanding that when I wrote what I wrote it came from the heart.
To JoeM and the other powers that be, of course I don't wish that you'd all be fired- but I do wish that you would step up and admit your mistake of getting rid of Elizabeth and Carson.
That is all.
Hi Joe! (or is it RepliJoe? DupliJoe?)
Glad all is well with you, except for the whole blogger thingy.
"Susan the Tartan Turtle said...
First suspect will be Fondy and then the pugs, Lulu is far too cute to be a killer. . ."
Ah...that's what all French Bulldogs want us to think!
I think I might've seen a pseudo-spork made of metal once, as part of a camping utensil set, but I may be remembering wrong since my brain has gone into vapor-lock w/o new SGA eps.
eddy
Emily said...
Has anyone ever seen a spork not made of plastic?
Actually, I have. It was eons ago in a little shop with a few antiques and lots of junk suffering from delusions of grandeur. It was really big, like a server for salad or something. The woman said it was very old (believable) and rare (o.k.) and worth the price ($50!!!! no way!!!!)
Anne Teldy
Wow. I saw all the comments and thought maybe everyone freaked out since there was no blog last night and thought the Apocalypse was upon us. Silly me. Of course is WW III. What was I thinking?
To the person who asked the copyright question:
Ideas are not subject to copyright protections. The work must be fixed in a tangible form, as well as fall under the correct categories (music, film, photography, literary works, visual arts, architecture, etc.). Titles, names, slogans and short phrases are not protected by copyright, but do fall under Trademark protection (which as far as US law goes, is governed by a completely different agency).
Now US and Canadian copyright laws are similar, but do differ some, so this is the answer from a US standpoint.
Its forms a level of protection for the studio, company and writers. Its not really a question of legality, but of protection. Its more a policy. Legally yes, they can read fan fiction and such, but it then opens the door to some one screaming copyright infringement if some plot is too "similar". Of course, every infringement case is judged on a case by case basis. It comes down to many different factors and of course, the judge and the jury.
If you want THE source for copyright, check out www.copyright.gov, the US Copyright Office's website. For Canadian copyright law check out Canadian Copyright Board at http://www.cb-cda.gc.ca. If you want to be a real copyright nerd (like I am) brush up on the Berne Convention, which is used to help unify copyright laws worldwide.
" Anonymous said...
Hey Joe,
Do you have any idea at a possible DVD region 2 release of the Ark of Truth?"
Not Joe of course, but I can answer this question :) If you go to Amazon.co.uk you can sign up there for an alert e-mail about pre-ordering TAoT. What's more important, it actually doesn't matter where you're going to order TAoT from, Amazon.com (USA) or Amazon.co.uk (England) - both Amazons say ALL REGIONS for this particular release and it's going to be release at the same time in USA/Canada and England - March 11, 2008.
Sanssong said:
"I haven't been here in a while, but it's nice to know that some things never change! The Weir fans still can't be reasoned with, nor will they accept reality and the rest of us are still laughing at them. Ah, it's a bastion of safety in an ever changing world."
Thank you. Being insulted is always a real shot in the arm.
A few folks have mentioned the recent interview that showed up on MGM regarding Torri and her thoughts on returning to the show.
When I first read the interview, my first reaction was to be a little sad that Torri wasn't interested in coming back full-time for Season 5. Then I thought a little more before I jumped to conclusions.
I don't know when the interview was done. Opinions and thoughts do change over time.
Con reports (including very recent conventions)from fans who asked Torri about whether or not she supported efforts to save her character said she always expressed gratitude for their actions and encouraged them to keep going.
And, it appears, from the interviews I have seen, that Torri has always been supportive of the show and has shown interest in coming back if a good opportunity presents itself.
I will never know why the casting changes were made. No one but those involved will ever know. And, really, I don't give a hoot about why at this point. Knowing all the "whys" won't make it any more palatable.
The only thing I do know is that I would LOVE to see Torri back as Elizabeth in Season 5! Please.
And, I have a sneaking suspicion that unless fans who support this actress and the character speak up and continue to advocate for it, it won't happen.
I figure that Torri is a grown woman who can make her own decisions about whether or not she will come back to the show, depending on what she's offered in the way of a storyline, salary, etc.
As a fan of Torri and the character of Elizabeth, I'm just here to help do what I can so that she gets an offer. =)
What she does with it is completely up to her.
Cheers!
SMB_BOOKS
SEW Crew Member
www.saveelizabethweir.com
amy_g, it's called breaking even. The Weir fans who've left are being made up for by the Carter fans who've started watching.
I still believe that if someone among TPTB had the brains to use both of them, the ratings situation would be much better.
And to the person who is bitching about the Weir fans, you're all class. I hope your favourite character is the next one to be knocked off. I'll be dancing on their grave with THE REST of the fans. I love how you think you can speak for everyone and say everyone's laughing at the Weir fans. It must be great to be so self important that you know everything.
amy_g said...
If you look at this:
Missing = 1.1
no Sam, no Elizabeth
The Seer = 1.1
yes Sam, no Elizabeth
TMC = possible 1.1
no Sam, yes Elizabeth
Maybe neither of them bring extra viewers to the show.
Maybe people watch the show for other characters OR watch it as a whole and don't care one way or the other whether any of these two characters are in the show or not...
In any case, I hope this ends the "if Torri was still a regular in s4, your ratings would be higher" kind of argument.
I am NOT anti Weir. I'm NOT anti Sam. In fact I like BOTH. I just think it doesn't make much sense to assume the show would get higher ratings with any of them being or not being there, when ratings have been pretty consistent whether any of them was there or not.
Great post, I entirely agree with you.
Sanssong said...
I haven't been here in a while, but it's nice to know that some things never change! The Weir fans still can't be reasoned with, nor will they accept reality and the rest of us are still laughing at them. Ah, it's a bastion of safety in an ever changing world.
Now for my two cents...
Take it from an "insider" (at least in my own mind) - The real Weir *is * dead as they said in TMC and she won't be back for S5 in any form. Believe it or not, the PTBs had a good reason for letting her character go and that hasn't changed.
Ah, Sanssong. It must be tough to go through life with such hatred for a TELEVISION CHARACTER.
You should probably be a little more careful who you insult, too. Those same people may be laughing at you when your precious Sheyla ship doesn't happen.
Not likely, since Teyla's pregnant to an Athosian.. but you're probably one of those people who sees being pregnant to another man as a 'yield' sign for Shep, not a stop sign.
I guess we're even. You can laugh at the fact that Torri doesn't have a fulltime job and you and your awful friends are saying nasty things about her and her character, and I'll laugh at your ship never being realised. No matter how much you insist it will be.
I think TPTB are smart enough for one thing. They know that would be the kiss of death.
Joe, I can't believe that you allow this person with all her vindictive, nasty behavior to continually post her opinions here. Half of Gateworld has her on ignore for a reason.
Sorry you're having blogging problems Joe. On the bright side, I can't think of a better blog entry to be stuck on. I'm still enjoying looking at the pics so thought I'd post again.
I'm really anxious to hear more about Daniel on Atlantis. I'm hoping he gets to interact with a lot of the Atlantis cast - which he didn't get to do in "Pegasus Project". I've always felt that you do an excellent job writing Daniel (you've penned some of my favorite Daniel episodes) so as I've said before - I trust you.
Thanks again Joe for all the pics and sharing some of the funny stories from the AOT screening. I had heard from quite a few people that Lexa and Michael both have a great sense of humor and are extremely down to earth. I'm looking forward to seeing both of them in future projects.
"Emily said...
Has anyone ever seen a spork not made of plastic?"
Actually I have. When I moved into my new townhome last winter, I opened up the dishwasher and inside was a metal spork! lol
Now Joe, would you happen to know if Baron Destructo is single? I know of a very interested Countess.
Peek said: "Geez, shawna, crack strike forces should also obsessively investigate the local Tim Horton's, don't you think? They're appearing much like the Starbucks ventures once did. All over."
What? They have Timmy's in the U.S. now? 'Cause it's sooooo *Canadian*.
Yasmin said...
I say kick it Joe. Kicking fixes almost everything. Although if this doesn't actually fix anything, rather makes it worse ... I blame PG15 :P
Hey! I'm all for hilarious wrongfully accusing people, especially when the concept inspired a hilarious movie with Leslie Nielsen, but kicking?! How crude. Nobody would dare believe that a genius such as me would advice Joe to do something so imprecise and inaccurate.
Smack it, Joe. You know it'll work. After all, I'm a physicist; we're always right. Just look at Rodney.
Now, the more I think about what could've befalled you, Joe, last night, as the world waited for the next blog entry, the more shamed I am at not fearing for your safety. I mean, you could've been eaten by bears, or mutant cheese could've possessed Lulu and strangled you in your sleep, or you could've accidentally brushed a knife off of the kitchen counter, sending it flying and hitting a picture frame hanging on the wall, cutting the strings holding it up, allowing it to plummet to the floor, shattering its glass covering and sending them flying (again), and maybe one of the glass pieces didn't lie flat and was propped up by another glass fragment, and it was in the way of sunlight, such that the light shining through the glass was able to be concentrated onto the carpet and thereby starting a fire that burned your house down with you in it!
You could've died in so many horrific and maybe hilarious ways!
*blinks, surprised*
Oh, no! Joe's Missing! He.. he... he missed a day! Oh, no! Are you alright, Joe? Did the Wraith get you? Replicators, maybe? Shall we mobilize a search party?!
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒♥
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒♥
▒▒▒▒▒▒♥
▒▒▒▒♥
▒▒♥
▒♥
Bon je vous dit bonne nuit, jespert que demain tout va remarcher. Enorme Kisou, a demain!
▒♥
▒▒♥
▒▒▒▒▒♥
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒♥
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒♥
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒♥
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ps: il ma fallu 3O minute pour faire la décoration^^! rien n'est trop beau for you^^! =D
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mr. pg15 said...
Now, the more I think about what could've befalled you, Joe, last night, as the world waited for the next blog entry, the more shamed I am at not fearing for your safety. [snip list of possible causes of death] You could've died in so many horrific and maybe hilarious ways!
You forgot the Soup of Doom. It may have become sentient and escaped its confines, having vowed revenge on its oppressor.
Anne Teldy
*facepalm*
I really should read the other comments, first! D'oh! Blog troubles--how ordinary! ...or perhaps it's just code for "I've been taken by the Ori"??
Katie wrote:
Do you know why the film isn't listed on Chapters.ca or Amazon.ca? Is it not being released in Canada at the same time?
It's supposedly got a SRP of $37.98 CAD according to a GW forum thread. Right now you can pre-order from amazon.com for $18.99, even with shipping it's should be cheaper than the forthcoming discount price from amazon Canada.
Hey Joe,
Great job on the first half of Season 4! A lot of fans over here on SCI FI are happy and cannot wait till the 2nd half. :)
Best,
Squall78
Anonymous said: amy_g, it's called breaking even. The Weir fans who've left are being made up for by the Carter fans who've started watching.
If that was the case, I think ratings for TMC should've been quite higher, since Sam fans didn't know Sam wasn't going to be in this episode, and Elizabeth fans did know she was going to be there. From what it's been published, TMC got about the same Live+Same Day ratings as Missing and The Seer. Nobody knew Sam wasn't going to be in TMC, so people who watch the show for her had to tune in anyway. They didn't knew she wasn't going to be in this episode. Had viewers tuned especially for Elizabeth, ratings should've been higher, not the same as previous episodes.
Hey, Joe, just a stupid suggestion. Have you tried (besides kicking your computer) to disable your firewall and/or antivirus for just a bit and then post? Just to be sure it's not one of those evil programs trying to get you ;)
Have you tried from another computer so you know if the problem is or isn't on your side?
If nothing else works, ask PG-15 to kindly lend you his flocking :p
Post a Comment