Well, today is the day many of you have been waiting for. Yes, after having to suffer through nuisance entries on everything from Stargate to my personal life, you’ll all be pleased to know that, with the second round of the NFL playoffs almost upon us, it’s once again time to turn this blog over to our peerless pigskin procrastinators - long-time uber-villain and acting chairman of the League of Aliens and Mutants for Evil, Baron Destructo, and television’s first kid-friendly furry blue junkie, Cookie Monster - for their princely post-season predictions.
Those of you keeping track know that, coming off last weekend’s NFL match-ups and BCS Championship game, Baron Destructo and Cookie Monster have identical 3-2 records straight up. Meh, you may say. However, the Baron is an impressive 4-1 against the point spread. Vegas, take note! Can Baron Destructo continue his winning ways? Can Cookie Monster turn things around and mount a comeback? Will I find my house keys before I get home tonight? Only time will tell…
MATCH-UP: SEATTLE SEAHAWKS AT GREEN BAY PACKERS
(Green Bay favored by 7 ½)
Cookie Monster: “Seattle defense knock down quarterbacks like Grover at Tijuana shot bar. Also, Seahawks coach Holmgren be Fozzie Bear of NFL - come back to old Sesame Street nayborhood, win over tuff crowd, den leave town with gold-plated commemorative plaque from Ukranian multicultural center. Final score: Seahawks 27 Packers 24.”
Baron Destructo: “Next to a clone army, there is no greater tactical advantage than an intimate familiarity with the field of battle. Last weekend, this was a lesson Seattle taught the upstart Redskins. This weekend, it shall be the host Packers turn to bestow the same lesson. Final score: Packers 31 Seahawks 14.”
MATCH-UP: JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS AT NEW ENGLAND PATRTIOS
(New England favored by 13 ½)
Baron Destructo: “New England possesses a far superior offense, the better coach, and a well-rested team. Also, a fact not widely circulated: quarterback Tom Brady is a Mark 12 state-of-the-art, top-of-the-line competitive sport robot. He will shred the Jaguars defense with his precision passing - or, as a last resort, his laser eye beams. Final score: Patriots 42 Jaguars 17.”
Cookie Monster: “Storied Sesame Street-Boston rivalry maybe biggest in sports, so very hard for Cookie Monster to pick New England Show-offs. Jaguars scrappy like Big Bird off meds. Final score: Jaguars 31 Patriots 30.”
MATCH-UP: NEW YORK GIANTS AT DALLAS COWBOYS
(Dallas favored by 7 ½)
Cookie Monster: “Beating same team 3 times in a row tuffer den Chili‘s steak served medium-well. And, like Cookie Monster say last week: Giant have heart like Snuffleupagus turd - big and chock full of surprises. Final score: Giants 17 Cowboys 10.”
Baron Destructo: “Last week, the Giants beat a Tampa Bay squad that appeared as competent as Admiral Apocalypto in his bid to steal Madagascar from the Russians. This week, they face the NFL version of, well, me. They shall PRAY FOR MERCY! Final score: Cowboys 35 Giants 10.”
MATCH-UP: SAN DIEGO CHARGERS AT INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
(Indianapolis favored by 8 ½)
Baron Destructo: “With all of the attention paid the New England Patriots and their pristine undefeated season, most have forgotten all about the defending Superbowl champions. And, like a supervillain underestimated and unappreciated by the simple-minded masses, the Colts have been lying in wait, quietly biding their time, ready to spring and claim their first unwary victims. The world shall rue their foolishness! Final score: Colts 28 Chargers 17.”
Cookie Monster: “Peyton Manning audibling remind Cookie Monster of his uncle Angus from Arkansas. For many years, me wonder if him Pentecostal or Spiritist because he always speaking in tongues. Turn out neither. He German. Final score: Chargers 34 Colts 28.”
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
i wonder if i root for "the pats" here, would it work against them like it did for the steelers?
as for the book club; have you ever heard of Songs of Earth & Power: The Infinity Concerto and the Serpent Mage by Greg Bear? it might be too long for the book club though, since it's 2 books in one.
Hey Joe!
I just wanted to let you know how great I thought "Spoils of War" was! Excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT work! As a Teyla fan, I was glad to see her at the focus of an episode again this season and I loved that you carried over the emotional baggage from BAMSR. All the John and Teyla scenes were great - those two haven't had a lot of screen time alone together for a while and I loved watching their characters interacting. And the hug at the end - absolutely heartwrenching!
I liked that you guys did something new with the Wraith Queen and Teyla too. The face off session was great and the Queen threatening the baby! It was all way too great! Alan deserves a great fat hug for writing this great episode! :DDDDD
"Spoils of War" was really excellent. Any chance that the thing with Teyla's baby was an homage to Dune? That's immediately what I thought of anyway. Very interesting.
Loved all the character moments and I'm pleased to see more of Lorne.
Thanks so much.
hey jess, thanks for spoiling :(
Hi Joe!
Just want to get out that
I've always sort of been indifferent to the Teyla character (never really cared for her, but didn't hate her either)I find thanks to "S.O.W" I'm more of a fan.
This ep. was wonderful. Excellent character development for her, and stellar acting on Rachel's part.
P.S.
It'd be really nice if next season we'd continue getting further Teyla development with Elizabeth around more often. :]
Great episodes for the second half of the season. They are the best yet! Will we see more of Sam in season five? I hope so. I liked the scenes she had with McKay in the midseason opener.
Go Pats!
Spoils of War had everything that both makes the success of SGA and has nothing to do with SG1. For this reason, I think I like it better than Be All My Sins Remembered, which was already a great episode.
Note that I do like SG1. It is just good to see SGA back on its own strenghts.
Joe,
I just saw Spoils of War...and I just have to write...
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED IT!
Please thank Alan McCullough for me...cause this script was SUPERB!The episode had everything that I LOOOVE about Atlantis...most importantly, THE TEAM!!! WOOHOOO!
I can't get over it..I think I"m shaking with excitement!
TEYLA ROCKED!!!! You guys have to use her more! YIPPEEE! John, Rodney, Ronon! Todd Even LORNE!!! The action, the visual, the story, the character moments, the WRAITH QUEEN!!!Everything!!!WOOHOOO!
*wipes tears*
Seriously, Thank you!!!
EXCELLENT EPISODE!
*squee*
Camy
Wanted to let you know...that Spoils of war was awesome...
Great team episode.. great character moments, great power scene with Teyla and the Wraith queen. just awesome work from Rachel in this episode..
Great tension and emotions in the John & Teyla scenes.. glad that it was adressed what was revelaed in BAMSR.. The ending scene between them was truly great and done with so much emotions..I just love the interaction and bond these two have... just wonderful played out by JF and RL
This epi had a little of everything and I enjoyed it from start to finish :)
Post a Comment