Saturday, January 26, 2008

January 25, 2008

Hey! Look at what arrived in the mail today! A top-of-the-line hyperspace-ready SciFi scooter with laser capabilities and shield generator in official network colors. Unfortunately, the wormhole-drive was a factory add-on not included in this model. Nevertheless, Marty G. took it out for a preliminary spin, putting it through its paces, accidentally incinerating Stage 1, part of Post, and an unlucky teamster along the way. Not exactly the smoothest of launches but, all in all, not bad for a maiden voyage. Brad and Robert were the lucky recipients of a matching pair (There is no cuter sight than seeing those two roll off the lot together). Paul and I, meanwhile, received equally awesome SciFi multimedia players that are not only portable and iPod friendly, but actually allow one to view the future. I watched next week’s episode of Lost tonight. This thing is amazing!

Yesterday’s entry broke my traffic record here at wordpress, besting the previous high of 7 710 views with an impressive 10 928, and landing it in the Wordpress Top Ten (at the #8 spot). I can only assume many of you were so shocked by my account of last night’s dinner that you sent friends and co-workers over to read it for themselves. Well, I’m happy to report that tonight’s meal was somewhat better: roast chicken, broccoli, and a side salad of English cucumbers and heirloom tomatoes. And, yes, I did eat at home.

By the way, Baron Destructo and Cookie Monster are presently screening the Oscar contenders in preparation for their post-Awards predictions spectacular. Boy, if you thought these two didn’t know a thing about football, just you wait until Oscar night! Cookie Monster is renting a tux for the occasion.

Today’s pics: Scooter, player, Lawren back in the office and ready for business.

(BY THE WAY, THE AFOREMENTIONED PICS VIEWABLE AT -
www.josephmallozzi.wordpress.com)

A quick mailbag -

AMZ writes: “I don’t if this has been asked/answered before (shame on me), but how did you and Paul become writing partners?”

Answer: We met in a creative writing class in college, co-wrote a feature together, then partnered up to work on a teen sitcom called Student Bodies.

Wheresmyfroggy writes: “Also, why didn’t you get them micro-chipped rather than tattooed?”

Answer: I did both.

PG15 writes: “Also, has the title been changed to Search and Destroy now?”

Answer: Woops. I meant Search and Rescue. Although I suppose Search and Destroy is also applicable. It’s just not the title.

Jon K. writes: “I was wondering, if you had a chance to write an episode for any tv show throughout all time what show would you write the episode for?”

Answer: No contest. The Flintstones.

Shipperahoy writes: “I was just wondering if it was your idea to include the 42 reference in Quarantine.”

Answer: Nope. That was pure Carl Binder.

8 comments:

archersangel said...

By the way, Baron Destructo and Cookie Monster are presently screening the Oscar contenders in preparation for their post-Awards predictions spectacular.

shouldn't that be pre-awards?

Anonymous said...

i love this blog by the way when will we know which cast members have digned up for season 5?

Anonymous said...

Quote archersangel: shouldn't that be pre-awards?

Ha ha.....anyone can do a pre-awards prediction. No-one ever does a post awrds one. I say go for it Baron and Cookie.

Good to hear you ate a meal at home for a change Joe :-). What's your favourite afternoon/night snack? Mine is crumpets with vegemite. Hmmm....

Cheers, chevron7

Anonymous said...

Well i loved Quarantine,great Character scenes in there...Especially the bit with John and Teyla when he kept looking at her thinking that she was gonna go into Labour...

But i really didn't like Rodney at all,i wanted Katie to give him a good clout across the Head...

Was it deliberate to make Rodney so annoying and Whiny?

Any chance of getting Cadman in Season 5?

Will we see that Kanan guy at all this Season?

Anonymous said...

You said in a previous post that you're going to revisit Weir story onscreen in season 5. So does that mean that Torri will come back in Atlantis? And do you know how many eps she would be in, yet? Being a huge Torri/Elizabeth, I'd like to know.
Et j'en profite pour poser une question pour les français en général, est-ce que vous avez une idée de quand les téléfilms seront disponibles ici? Je sais juste que ça ne sera pas en même temps qu'aux USA, mais à part ça...

Bye-bye.

Anonymous said...

Is there any plans to have some more Sparring between John and Teyla in S5?

Will the Writers strike in the US affect Shooting for S5?

Will we see more of the Athosians next Season?

Will we learn more about them next Season?

Will we ever see or find out what happened to Teyla's Father?

Anonymous said...

I read on Gateworld that Sheppards ex from the episode Outcast is a director with homeland (not homeworld security) which implies the department exists which therefore implies 9/11 which is a distinct event of the Bush presidency.

SG1 executive producers Brad Wright and Robert C Cooper have said that the appeal of SG1&A is that it could be happening right now. Yet we obviously live in a different "universe" so to speak since for the SG universe Henry Hayes is president. What does that imply about 9/11 and subsequently the Department of Homeland Security.

So I guess what I'm asking is where does the our universe end and the stargate universe begin?

Will this be established before the 3rd series debuts?

Nicolas said...

Hi Joseph,
Do you take interns in your production company ?
If yes, in which domains,and how to apply ?
Best,
Nicolas