It was spay-day for Lulu today. The poor little thing was bounding about excitedly as I walked her up to the clinic, scrabbling at the door and just dying to get inside. She’s still at that early stage of puppy stage where a trip to the vet’s is just another adventure. I’m sure today’s experience will go a long way toward setting her straight. I’m happy to report that the procedure went well and Lulu is up and around, barking to get everyone’s attention and then turning her back on them and falling fast asleep when she grows tired of their company. She’ll be staying the night (I dropped off her fave stuffed toys - the pink ice cream cone and her Growlex watch - on the way home from work today) and, hopefully, will be sufficiently recovered for her 10:00 a.m. pick-up tomorrow morning. Looks like it’s going to be another two weeks of following her around to make sure she doesn’t chew off another post-op buster collar.
It’s times like these that make you realize owning dogs is just like having kids - except that dogs, unlike kids, remain cute for their entire lives. How cute? Well, I came across some puppy pics of Maximus. Check ’em out and compare the young, slim Max to the older, er, fuller Elvi- I mean Max. Cearly, life and leftovers from Fuel have been good to him.
American Gladiators Update: Our Bam Bam has been put forth as a possible candidate. Now, his fate rests in the hands of the Gladiator selection committee: Triclops, Minerva the Merciless, Iron Lung, Nuklo, and The Slapinator. I’ll keep you posted.
Will Waring came by the offices today, looking well-rested from the hiatus and raring to tackle episode #2. He talked backstory with Paul who suggested he review Kindred I, Kindred II, and The Last Man. Andy Mikita, meanwhile, has been roaming the offices for over a week now, mentally preparing himself for the big season premiere. Regarding Search and Rescue - we’ve changed Taylor’s name to avoid having it confused with “Teyla” in rapidfire conversation. First name Alison. Last name Porter. We’ll see if that sticks. As for episode #3 - the great hair debate rages on.
Today’s pics: Alex Levine flashes a whack of letters from Beckett’s adoring minions, today’s lunch: schnitzel sandwich, the dogs being dogs. [Check out my primary blog -
josephmallozzi.wordpress.com for the pics).
Today’s mailbag -
Amy writes: “When you’re writing, do you write in order, or do you shift back and forth between different points in a script?”
Answer: I prefer to write in order, often rewriting a scene several times before moving on, writing the next scene, then going back and rewriting the preceding scenes before moving onto the next.
Shardsglass writes: “You’ve been curiously silent about whether you’ll have Mitchell on Atlantis next season or not. Is that because the issue is still up in the air?”
Answer: I believe I already answered the question. We have no plans to bring Mitchell over in season 5.
Padawan Aneiki writes: “ How long does the costume department generally have to turn things out for filming? And how are decisions made such as changes to uniforms?”
Answer: The costume department comes in about a month before the first day of principal photography to get a head start on the coming season. Once we get into production, however, they have about a week to ten days of lead time to prep an episode
Morgia a ecrit: “aimes-tu les chats ?”
Reponse: Oui, j’aime les chats aussi.
Translation: I also like cats.
Cactus 228 writes: “Do you think that Atlantis still have space for another female character?”
Answer: Yes. Stay tuned.
amac251 writes: “Since when did the Genii become our “closest” ally?”
Answer: Had nothing to do with the promo. Sorry.
Astrumporta writes: “would you rather watch the movies “Hairspray” and “High School Musical 2″ in one sitting (in the comfort of your home theater), or sit on the sidelines for that sub-zero Packers/Giants game?”
Answer: Is this a trick question? The sub-zero Packers/Giants game of course.
Lisa S. writes: “Are there any comics that you read on a regular basis or do you just pick up the trade paperbacks?”
Answer: Nope.
Iamza writes: “Ooo, I have Timescape on my to-read list, too! […] Any chance you’ll be making it a BOTM candidate at some stage?”
Answer: Sure. Let’s make it one of the nominees for the March BOTM club vote. Just remind me when the time comes.
Michelle Lunsford writes: “…do you have dry spells, and when they come how do you push through to be creative again?”
Answer: By forcing myself to write.
Kirkeastment writes: “Hya Joe, was just wondering if you’d be able to corroborate any of this article, in regards to stargate universe.”
Answer: Certainly sounds like something Brad and Robert would say.
Farscapefan writes: “Joe, is it because that you are not able to come up with a good story for Vala, or because Claudia Black is not interested in doing Atlantis?”
Answer: To be honest, we haven’t given thought to a Vala story. In terms of a crossover character, Daniel is our one and only priority Also, we haven’t spoken to Claudia since Continuum.
Danielforever writes: “Several years ago (I think it was back during season Brad/Rob wanted to do a Stargate movie that was supposed to be a lost season 2 episode. […] is it possible that it’s still on the ‘drawing board’ to do?”
Answer: Unfortunately, it isn’t.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You wrote earlier about one author that was your "studies" to become writer : which book would you advise as a first book if I want to become a writer ?
Joe:
Congrats on Quarantine! It was a beautiful - albeit heartbreaking - episode. I really adore Katie, and will miss her - if she truly is gone.
Quick question: I know you're a fan of original Star Trek. Of the other incarnations, which is your favorite?
A question:
1) Can you clear up whether Rodney and Katie are breaking up or continuing their relationship and waiting until they're ready?
And then I just wanted to thank you for such a quality show! The Stargate universe has such great recurring characters, and it's great to see people like Zelenka and Lorne getting screen time! Not to mention bring back Barrett recently was one of the coolest things this season.
Does Atlantis have a swimming pool or other similar facilities? Also, did the ancients have any places for entertainment, like theatres? All the entertainment gear always seems to be imported from earth...
Hey Joe !
I was wondering : since you said you didn't like musicals, does that even apply to pure genius work like, say...The Rocky Horror Picture Show ? Because I would SO picture Sheppard and McKay on high-heels.
Take care !
Joe,
I wanted to contact you personally about this but I couldn't seem to find an email address to use. I've completed a spec script for an episode of "Stargate: Atlantis" and I'd like to send a letter of inquiry to your production offices. I don't wish to put you in any legal bind, and I certainly don't want the script tossed because it's unsolicited, so is there anything I could do? Is a letter of inquiry the best route I could take to get my work looked at?
Did you see the documentary "Life after people" ? It is interesting to compare it to the ghost towns found by the Stargate teams.
Post a Comment