I came across a couple of interesting spam emails in my yahoo account the other day. The first was a cryptic business proposal that went like this: “we are a group of business men who deal on import and export raw materials into the canada,america AND europe.We are searching for representatives who can help us establish a medium of getting to our costumers in the a Canada, America AND Europe as well as making payments through you to us.”
I wrote back to their representative, Mr. Zemin. Or, more to the point, Baron Destructo wrote back:
“Dear Human Scum,
Your business proposal sounds positively fascinating insofar as it doesn’t really say anything about the means by which I am to facilitate the import and export of your mysterious raw materials. Nevertheless, you have an honest name, Zemin being the name of my great aunt who, while inarguably a harpy through and through, still found the time to raise two lovely daughters and one positively grotesque son that she kept chained in the attic of her summer residence until the time he broke free during Count Otto Smallberries’ bris ceremony - and so I will place my utmost faith in you and your exceptionally cryptic offer. In fact, I see an opportunity for both of us here as I can make use of your import/export services to ship certain items I’m having a little trouble moving. Nothing of note, just your run-of-the-mill laser bifocals, fleshing-eating sentient gels, and army of robot chimps.
Let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Despisingly yours,
Baron Destructo
Cc: Calamitous Jane, Glaxnor the Miscreant, Sinderella Washington, Xxxaptak’qul, Dr. Catastro, Dr. Disastro, Dr. Quinn Meddlesome Woman, Ray Mephistopheles, Archfiend Animus, Brutus Badly, the Plague Zombies, Vorzik the Planet Squisher, the Malevolater, Count Sinister, Kugal Baruth, Death Knell, Star Father Celestio, Shatterdam, Princess Arcana, the Mystifier, the Procrastinator, the Soul Emancipator, Quickstrike, Professor Frosty, Flamer the Flaming Man, the Pummeler, the Purple Lamprey, and John Tesh.”
The second bit of spam started this way: “Compliment Of The Season, On a very good day. I am (MR ISIAKA) a senior staff in file department in Bank Of African (B.O.A).I got your contact from a Yahoo Tourist Search.”
Yahoo Tourist Search? I didn’t even bother reading the rest of the email. Again, I deferred to Baron Destructo who wrote back:
“Well, Yahoo Tourist Search didn’t steer you wrong. Our League of Aliens and Mutants for Evil moonbase headquarters made this year’s Travel + Leisure Magazine’s Top 10 Places to Visit While You Die list, beating out the likes of Lord Demoniac’s Firepit and Winnebago Emporium, the spider-pirate homeworld of Blazzgat 3, and the brand new High School Musical 5 theme park in Slovakia. We boast first rate accommodations, state of the art surveillance, and in-room services including single-finger spousal dispatchment, cybernetic body grafting, and, of course, wireless networking.
While you are with us, would you please be so kind as to observe the following rules:
1. Please make sure to provide proper I.D. upon request at check-in. Failure to do so may result in delays processing your reservation, the unavailability of certain amenities, or a powerful electric shock administered to your nether regions.
2. The moonbase is liable for damage to items that have been taken onto the premises by a registered guest. The moonbase, however, is not liable for damage to registered guests.
3. Guests are to check out of their room by no later than 10:00 a.m. on the last day of their stay. If guests fails to do so, the moonbase is entitled to beat them senseless, claim their brains, and turn their bodies over to Dr. Catastro for experimentation. A nominal fee may also be charged for the late check-out.
4. Guests may not move furnishings such as couches and mutation chambers, or interfere with the electrical or nuclear network or any other weapons of mass destruction installations in the moonbase or on the premises of the moonbase without the consent of the management.
5. Lounges and common rooms are available for receiving visitors, luring unwitting victims into traps, and the general planning of evil-doing.
6. If the guest becomes ill or injured, the moonbase will ensure the provision of medical assistance or, if that fails, a lovely cremation compliments of Star Father‘s Celestio‘s Wand of Infinite Deaths.
7. Guests are not to disturb other guests accommodated in the moonbase but for the purposes of murder, premeditated or otherwise.
8. Complaints and suggestions are accepted and duly ignored. If you’re lucky. Otherwise, expect a good slapping.
9. Guests are obliged to pay for any damage they cause. Oh, how they’ll pay.
10. Dress appropriately while inside the moonbase. For example -
Chainmail battle suits and Fire-Retardant Body Stockings = Acceptable.
Tank tops and flip flops = Unacceptable.
11. Please shower and dry yourself off before entering the main lobby after swimming or bathing in the blood of some unsuspecting victim.
12. Alcohol will only be served to students with the permission of the group leader.
13. An open credit card deposit may be required upon arrival as security against non-accidental damage by guests. This will be returned on departure. Of course that’s provided you survive your stay.
Finally - When can we expect you? How long are you planning to stay? Is there anything we can do to make your time with us if not more comfortable then at least not as hellish as that experience by that group of Norwegian tourists that got on the wrong side of Glaxnor the Miscreant?
Looking forward to harvesting your organs,
Baron Destructo
Cc: Calamitous Jane, Glaxnor the Miscreant, Sinderella Washington, Xxxaptak’qul, Dr. Catastro, Dr. Disastro, Dr. Quinn Meddlesome Woman, Ray Mephistopheles, Archfiend Animus, Brutus Badly, the Plague Zombies, Vorzik the Planet Squisher, the Malevolater, Count Sinister, Kugal Baruth, Death Knell, Star Father Celestio, Shatterdam, Princess Arcana, the Mystifier, the Procrastinator, the Soul Emancipator, Quickstrike, Professor Frosty, Flamer the Flaming Man, the Pummeler, the Purple Lamprey, and John Tesh.”
No mailbag today as I'll be getting ready to attend a special advance screening of The Ark of Truth tonight. I have no idea how Rob Cooper is going to squeeze a couple of hundred people into his basement screening room, so it's best if I get there early. Pics and a full report tomorrow. Hopefully.
P.S. A happy belated birthday to Sue!
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

103 comments:
You enjoyed November so much you're ready to relive it again?
November?
Enjoy the squashed advance screening. Hope you can breathe!
Joe...you do know it's December now don't you? Check your entry title lol!
OH I am sooooo jealous! Let us know all about it when you can.
Hey Joe,
I'm quite busy right now with finals so I'm just dropping by with my thoughts on This Mortal Coil. All around a very entertaining episode, and an excellent setup of things to come. This episode also reminded me how much I miss Weir, so I hope the REAL Weir can return someday. Like you said, no one ever dies in Sci-Fi.
Anyway, as always, my full review can be found here.
Joe M. said: "I'll be getting ready to attend a special advance screening of The Ark of Truth tonight."
*stomps her foot*
Now you know we are all sitting here at our computers green with envy! You are SO mean!
*big sigh*
Ok...sorry for the hissy fit. Sitting here patiently hoping to see some great pictures of everyone at this most wonderful event. And also hoping for some witty commentary on how the night went.
Kimberly
LOL! :p
my fave parts:
"and one positively grotesque son that she kept chained in the attic of her summer residence until the time he broke free during Count Otto Smallberries’ bris ceremony."
and
“Our League of Aliens and Mutants for Evil moonbase headquarters made this year’s Travel + Leisure Magazine’s Top 10 Places to Visit While You Die list, beating out (snip) and the brand new High School Musical 5 theme park in Slovakia."
joe, your brain is whacked out and squishy. good on ya! :D
sally :D
Joe, Ford's unresolved storyline is the only problem I have with the series, other than that the show is perfect!!! Can you bring him back ONE time this next season and resolve his storyline and we would never have to see him again???
P.S. Any true fan knows that he most likely survived "The Hive"!!!
My husband, after years of poking and prodding, finally got me to sit down and watch an episode of Babylon 5. After that first episode, and subsequent ones, I can safely say that I am now addicted to it and have just finished season 3. Just curious, have you ever watched an episode of B5?
bonjours joe,
comment allez vous?
avez-vous commencez à écrire quelques épisodes de la saison 5?
aurons-nous la chance de revoir la vrai weir? ou elle t-elle vraiment morte?
je pensais que torri allait apparaitre dans 4 épisodes!! avez-vous changé ses apparitions?
Oooh! I want to visit the moonbase!
I just saw TMC... I enjoyed it. It was awesome seeing Torri again, but it did make me miss Weir even more. I loved reading your post on it, the decisions and changes discussed are fascinating!
Also, you have ruined my restaurant going experience... whenever a plate is placed in front of me I think, "what would Joe think?" Yesterday my twin sister and I (she is recovering from eye surgery and I have a nasty cold) went out for a birthday lunch at Strawberry Fare. If you're ever in Wellington, I will take you there and we will skip straight to dessert.
Tiramisu, New York cheesecake and Chocolate Madness.
My Chocolate Madness
We look sick and miserable, but I swear we enjoyed ourselves!
Nom nom!
As for "what would Joe think?"
I decided you would think, "too much fruit."
You're good to us, Joe. Can't wait for the pictures and report from tonight's sneek preview!
I just gave up trying to get to sleep, its almost 1am here in deepest Cornwall and the rain has just gone for a coffee break whilst the wind does a guest spot. Nice to see Baron Destructo back in the saddle and on top of his game. any chance he'll show up in season 5?
First the day, now the month, are there going to be any 2006 entries soon?
>>I chocked it up to a precise, localized explosion.
The Atlantean tables are bolted down, or, more likely, fully integrated with the floor.
Or was it a table the expedition had brought from Earth?
Oh dear... the picture behind the "Nom nom!" link was supposed to be a half eaten chocolate dessert, not the shot my sister took of my cleavage. I'm really sorry. And mortified.
My roommate and I have been having a Supernatural marathon this weekend. This led me to wonder if you guys ever visit the other shows that film nearby or if they ever visit you. So do you?
JoeWhy do the characters always call the Asurans, Replicators. There are separates races after all. Keep up the good work with S4 and hopping for S5 to be just as spectaulat.
A question if I might...I just finished rewatching "Miller's Crossing" and noticed a picture on Sheppard's bedside stand. Are you willing to reveal whothe person in the picture represents?
I and im sure lot of others are really hoping to see weir reinstated as a regular next season! i think its obvious now how many people actually miss her and its a shame that you couldnt see what an impact demoting her to a recurring character would have.Torri is an amazing actress and makes watching SGA so much easier. hopefully u will admit yor mistake and do what needs to be done.
MAKE HER A REGULAR IN SEASON 5!!!
Baron Destructo is wasted as a megalomaniac. He's obviously destined to be a travel agent. Thanks for some much needed laughs, and hope the screening is a success(as if there were any doubt).
Just one quick question. Do we get to see Teyla explain her 'condition" to her teammates, or is that something that will happen offscreen? And if she explains onscreen, which episode do we see that in(ok, pushing my luck with the last question, but what the heck.)
Oh man, I should've read this entry before I commented. "Zemin" is my dad's first name (he's Chinese)!
I think I need to have a talk with him...
squeakiep said:
...noticed a picture on Sheppard's bedside stand. Are you willing to reveal who the person in the picture represents?
If you're referring to the picture of a little boy and a man, Joe Flanigan revealed in a commentary that it is his favorite photograph and it is of him and Evel Kneivel.
Anne Teldy
heeee! count otto's familly must be from grovers mill?
To any anonymous posters who don't wish to take the time to create a Blogger identity but don't want to be anonymous: You can simply mark the Nickname option and type whatever into the field without needing to fill in anything else. It will appear in the "____ said" and you are no longer an anonymous poster.
Anne Teldy (keyboard sticking badly; please forgive duplicate or missing letters)
What does Fondy think of you writing back to email scammers?
Ooh, I'm looking forward to pics and a report of the Ark of Truth screening tomorrow!
weir's still in another episode this season right?
YES! Ark of Truth!
Since you're viewing it tomorrow:
Is there more than one epic space battle in it?
Neep,
LOLOL....I noticed that....I was wondering if you were showing off the dessert or something else! heeheehee
Kimberly
Please bring Elizabeth back in season five.
Please.
The show would improve with her input, the ratings would be better because you'd have the Weir fans and the Carter fans.
Do you not see that you could have so much more impact by using both of them if you really have to use Carter?
Personally, Carter's one of the reasons I stopped watching SG1, but I could have tolerated her if Elizabeth was also there.
I'm not alone in that.
I enjoyed This Mortal Coil. The unexpected stand-out performance for me was Repli-Keller. Even after finding out she was a replicator and lying to the duplicate team (despite her seemingly noble intentions), she still came across so sympathetically that I found myself cheering for her and hoping she would ascend at the very last minute. I've been unsure so far this season how I felt about Keller, but Jewel Staite's performance in this episode has won me over. And it wasn't even Keller! It was Repli-Keller! I can't explain it...I'm just way impressed. Thanks for another great episode this season.
Its good to see that even people who are not campaigners for weir realise that there is something missing without her their. TMC was fantastic and for many people highlighted weir's importance to the show. i for one am not giving up hope that she is alive and will return to atlantis full time.
Hey Joe,
Ever received a 'Nigerian Prince' spam e-mail? You haven't gotten spam until you've received one of those. I would copy and past one, but it's too large. :P
I've heard that you're not supposed to actually reply to those spam e-mails, but your replies were absolutely hilarious! Ever thought of doing stand-up comedy?
Hope you enjoy Ark of Truth tonight Joe!
Tell Baron Destructo to book rooms on the moonbase for a party of 5 for some of my erm...guests.
there's a new poll on gateworld about whether or not people want weir back and out of 76 so far 56 ( 73%) want weir back. i hope that tells you something.
Joe, I re watched the episode and it was a good one, you did an excellent job on a seemingly difficult episode.
But the scene where they hitch a ride to the replicator home world and see all the ships they had and talk about taking one and then end up on the planet with just a jumper didn't make sense. Was that by accident or did a scene get cut?
Wonderful job and thanks for the time you put in for the episode breakdown.
It is 0525 in the bleeding morning and my cats have just had a massive punch up under my bed.
So I came to visit your blog.
I hope the doggies are well and not growling at each other - unlike my two felines. Maybe they are real Scottish Wildcats.
Hey Joe...
I remember you enjoyed the Amanda Tapping video I made a couple years ago so I thought I'd share the video I made for the YouTube Stargate super fan contest.
If you publish this to your blog comments, I want to add that comments are welcome and actually solicited. Blog readers with YouTube/Veoh accounts, please vote for it and comment on YouTube especially. Whether you post this to your comments or not, I'd still love feedback from you.
BTW...the Veoh version is better quality and I was able to fix a few things that I did wrong in the YouTube one.
That being said...I ran into some computer problems and sadly submitted it late...so I don't know whether or not it'll qualify. Which sucks...but that's life sometimes.
At any rate...here it is:
YouTube (Official) version
Better Quality/Tweaked Veoh version (Non-Official)
Thank you,
Mary Beth
hahah loved the replies to your spam...no fair! I only get spam for Rolexes, pharmacy orders and to make my err.... appendage bigger. Funny because I don't own an appendage that needs enlargening.
Now for my birthday next year in Sept, you simply MUST get Rodney McKay to call Sheppard "Baron Von Destructo" in one of their banters in season 5. Deal?? (pleaaaaaaase?? all readers in favour say Aye!)
Hello joe! Just wondering, how does one perform a search on this here blog? Namely to find a previous entry based on specific keywords.
Also I don't miss weir. Just thought it might be comforting to know there is someone out here who DOESN'T "miss","love" or otherwise feel they have a valid reason to nag you for her back.
Hey Joe from here in Aus. I'm new to your blog, but after a couple of days of reading white text on black background to get up to speed(and then wondering why I start to walk into walls) I want to thank you for making me understand more clearly as to why I've always loved the storylines and characters of SG1 and SGA; it's the writer's personalities coming through. While that is a damn obvious conclusion (please keep in mind I am blonde - a software programmer yes, but still clearly handicapped by the hair colour), I've always just gone along for the ride and not thought that much deeper about the writers (see there again, the interest in space/time = software programmer, not thinking too much about who came up with the concepts = blonde). No questions from me at this point, like I said, I enjoy the ride, but wanted to say keep up the great work in the show and the amusement your blog provides, such as the letters from Baron Destructo (what does make John Tesh so evil?), the fact that there is no such thing as too many cute things dogs do (guilty as charged and an external hard drive of photo's as proof), your great suggestions for books and food, and the fact that you give time to the people that really appreciate the thought that has gone into the scripts. All the best!
Hi Joe, I just wanted to say how great This Mortal Coil was. I noticed the look Sheppard gave McKay when he brandished the knife and thought it was great, as well as Joe's line about kicking his own ass. Also, thank you for having some great Kavan scenes in the episode, the more screen time he gets the better! Also good to see Jewel getting in there with the big scenes (and nailing them too). I was just wondering what the reason for having her as the RepliLeader was?
I said how the episodes felt too stargatey and needs to break out of that. The initial premise of Sunday did that - it doesn't have to tie up in a neat little bow with a gleaming Mallozzi grin at the end of Act Five.
I can see the scrapings of hair - where you ripped it out of your head in frustration about this script! - all over the set.
Season four so far has been fantastic and I can't see how Weir could have made it any better. Her new storyline has been an improvement on her leadership role but it would become pointless and rather lame if we keep seeing her popping up in some differnt repli/Weir form, particulary when the team seem to have moved on anyway. Overall I never felt Weir brought anything to the show and she really had become completely stagnant with nowhere to go. Having her back in TMC made me realise how annoying and irritating she is and she has no impact on Atlantis whatsoever. The writers did give her a fitting farewell but even this storyline didn't make me anymore interested in her character than I was two years ago. I'm glad the showrunners recognized that the Weir character had nowhere to go and made the appropriate changes.
Whether Weir fans watch or not won't make any difference in the overall scheme of things or to ratings. A handful of Weir fans or even thousands of Weir fans won't make a difference to ratings. The overall fanbase doesn't watch for just one character and will not stop watching because that character isn't there anymore. They watch for the overall stories and action, and whether Weir is there or not really makes no difference. In season three she wasn't even featured that much and her absence will not impact the general fanbase enough that they would stop watching. But it does allow the other characters more screentime and development which was desparately needed. We don't need to see Weir waving goodbye to the team or giving the guys a talking to, it was just a waste of screentime and turned Weir into a pretty boring and uninteresing character.
Season four has been the best season so far and is turning the characters into well rounded and interesting characters, which was lacking in previous seasons. I hope this trend continues and that SGA continues for many more season.
Hello,
Thank you for the breakdown, it's very interesting !
I really like "TMC" despite the fact that I'm really deceived and sad that our real Elizabeth Weir is dead. (Is it sure ? really sure ???)
The episode was fun to watch and entertaining. I love what you're doing with the nanites and the replicaters story.
Well, now I'll wait the next episode with Torri with impatience and hope to have the duplicate Weir coming on Atlantis in S5 !????
It would be cool to have a nice replicater with the team !
I miss her so much on the show !!
Bye
KMck
Oh, my, Evil Moonbase sounds like heaven! Tell me, do they offer massages? Because I gotta be honest, the trip just doesn't seem like it'd be worth it without getting a massage.
Joe, just curious. Are you a browncoat?
Uber, your fan vid was fantastic!
Something's been bugging me about some of the comments here.
There seems to be a lot of people who tar all Weir fans with the same brush and talk about them like they're some militant army or something.What's been interesting though is that hanging around GW as I do, I've found that at least half the people you see saying they want Weir back aren't the people who hang in the Weir threads.
There are a lot of general fans who want her back too, and it's getting really nasty on the part of some of the people who post comments here, calling them the "Weird" fans and saying that they should get Torri's permission to post comments asking for her to come back.
I don't know why they feel the need to be like this. I'm not one of the Weir fans or campaigners. I'm watching the show as long at McKay and Sheppard are the leads. I have noticed though that there's been something missing this season, and it became clear to me personally what that something was when I saw Weir in This Mortal Coil.
Please, realize that there are people from every fan group that are interested in seeing her as part of the show.
Please ignore the idiots who call her fans the "weird" fans, and make what are basically childish comments.
To those who do that, think about how you'd feel if your favorite character was cut from the show. I know how disappointed and upset I'd be if Shep or Rodney was gone. I can understand how they feel, so I don't use their disappointment as some sort of sport and try to have fun at their expense.
For the record, Joe, it would be really nice to see Torri back for season five. And in a lot more than four episodes. At least the 14 that Amanda has would be much more worth of this actress and her wonderful character.
Hey Joe,
I really enjoy Carter this season, so I hope Amanda will be a regular next season.
Anonymous said...
there's a new poll on gateworld about whether or not people want weir back and out of 76 so far 56 ( 73%) want weir back. i hope that tells you something.
Yup, it tells us that 73% of people on Gateworld who are aware of the existence of the poll and were interested enough about the issue to bother voting want Weir back. Out of interest... seeing as your trying to present this poll result as reflecting a larger trend, can you provide some more in-depth detail.. like, how many of those 56 people who posted in the thread to say they'd voted yes had a campaign signature?
Sadly, polls on GW may be fun but don't even come close to being reliable indicators of general fan opinion.
Joe, I posted late yesterday and didn't get chance to add my thanks for taking the time to give us such a comprehensive breakdown of the episode and the process of creating it. Interesting reading. Now, can you please use that time machine that had you posting today's entry from November to move us forward to January so I can watch BAMSR please? Oh, with a brief stop-over on Christmas day, if you don't mind, so I can watch the new Dr Who Christmas special on the way. Thanks awfully. :)
Hi Joe!
I just want to thank you the episode breakdown.
The episode is great, one of the best of the show.
I´ve enjoyed the opportunity to see Torri again in action, she and Elizabeth are nice!
But, as a Weir, fan I want to ask you about the 4º episode!
I know that you must be tired of this question .
I´m only asking for a small clue. Will this episode reveal something new about Weir and her fate???
Please tell us something!
thanks for your time!
Thanks for TMC, it is an amazing episode, I´ve really enjoyed it.
And Torri is amazing in it.
Weir is not my favourite character (Mckay is my favourite), but I really miss her.
Have you considered her recoming? Not as the leader, only as another member of the expedition.
I think that would be fabulous to see Carter and Weir working together. They would form a great pair.
Joe:
Congratulations for the episode, nice job.
And thanks too for the breakdown!
I HAVE A QUESTION:
From my point of view if Weir is alive or not is still a mystery, I am right????
Hi Joe!
I want to say that I don´t agree with that Weir fans who say that make her recurring for this season is a mistake.
WEIR IS MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER, and I miss her.
But I think you have created a great plot for her in this season, so maybe it will be more great if you capitalize this story for the next season.
You and the others writers once said: "She will be a recurring for a period of time", so maybe after this period she´ll come back???
I love the discussion about the repli Weir humanity, this could be an idea for the next season???
[i]“Oh great. The last time I came face to face with myself I ended up kicking my own ass.”[/i]
Simply the best line of the episode.
Buy Martin a beer on me.
Hi, Joe,
Would you please dedicate a blog to me this week? I'm taking the interview part of my Sign Language final today (Mon. 10th) and the written on Wed.
I'm hoping for a low B for the semester. My study skills reeked...way out of practice.
Many thanks,
Gilder
Hey, i was just wondering what is the reason Sam is not on the episode? Nobody ever mention the missing character when he/she is gone for an episode. It's not fair!
Sorry to have been absent of late; this time of year always gets a bit hectic.
LOL@ the spam replies. Baron Destructo, Travel Agent. Would make a good animated series, don't you think? *chuckles*
TMC...very good, loved the fade to black and then..."Oh crap!" LOL Nice touch.
So how *did* Carl get you all to fit in there??
Err..Rob, I mean. How'd Rob get you all squeezed in there? LOL
Hi,
I was wondering if we'll ever see Felger's Avenger 2.0 virus in Atlantis. We found out during the episode that the reason all the gates shut down was not his virus, it was Ba'al and Nero, and I'm guessing the Stargate network in Pegasus runs in much the same way as it does in the Milky Way.
While I happily recognise that the Wraith have ships, I love the show, therefore I watch the show, the Wraith have sent darts through the Stargates on occasion, would it not be quite interesting to see the virus played out in Pegasus?
Also you could get round the people who complain and complain about things from SG-1 coming over to Atlantis by saying that it's related to the Stargate and it's Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, not just SG-1 and Atlantis.
Thanks, and This Mortal Coil airs tomorrow on Sky One so I skillfully managed to avoid what could possibly have been a rather 'spoilerific (if that's even a word)' entry. On a random side-note, if you were to get another dog, would you ever get a British Beagle, or just a Beagle, not that there's anything immensely special about us Brits.
Anonymous said: "there's a new poll on gateworld about whether or not people want weir back and out of 76 so far 56 ( 73%) want weir back. i hope that tells you something."
As much as I'd love to have her back too, I have to say that I find this kind of statements ("poll X in website Y showed that N% of people want this") very useless. That only proves that 56 out of millions of viewers want her back. That's what? 0.000000000000000001% of the general audience? I don't think you can extrapolate the result to the general audience and say that 73% of the audience want her back.
The producers must be getting by now a far better scope of what the general audience wants. I guess we'll see that reflected in the s5 main cast line-up and recurring characters.
From what I've read online, the producers didn't get as much fuss about Elizabeth Weir not being a regular in s4 as they got about Carson Beckett. Maybe the general audience doesn't care as much. Who knows. Or maybe now that This Mortal Coil aired and everybody sees that she might be dead, they get more people to ask them for Elizabeth's return.
Some people quote the ratings as proof. The problem is that we don't know how many viewers Atlantis would've lost or won without the cast changes. Unless you run two paralel versions, at the same date and timeslot, in two different channels that reach exactly the same audience and see which version has more ratings, we as the audience can't know for sure.
And we don't know, for example, what kind or ratings SG-1 would've gotten had it ran alone. I know several people who watched SG-1 just because it aired before Atlantis, but they would've never bothered if it had ran at another timeslot/date. I also know several people who were the other way around: they watched SGA just because it was after SG-1. So there's no way of knowing how many viewers either show got in common just because both aired together.
Both shows air at different times of the year in my country. I only watch Atlantis. I would never turn on my TV for SG-1. But if both shows aired one after the other, I'd probably have watched SG-1 some days.
Hi Joe. I've read your block for some time now. Thanks for giving us the chance to get to know you and for answering our questions. 1. Regarding the episodes this Season where Sam isn't there. From the viewers point of you it looks like as if Sheppard makes all the decisions. If Sam isn't there shouldn't he say something like that he cleared the mission with her and that she agreed to it? She is his CO after all. Isn't it military procedure to get the order from your CO? 2. Could we get a new CMO for Atlantis or make Keller less annoying? Right now Keller doesn't fit the role in my opinion. Don't get me wrong Jewel Staite is a great actress but the episode Missing suffered heavily from Keller's whining in my opinion.
TMC was one of the best. I loved the ending - so McKay: "Oh crap!" Can't wait for part 2!
Great blog, too, I check it almost every day and love it - photos, spam responses, food reviews - all great stuff.
Speaking of spam responses, are you OK if we "steal" some to send to our own spammers?
Commenting here a little late - had a busy weekend and only got to watch my recorded copy of "Mortal Coil" late Saturday night. But wanted to let you know - and to pass along to all others involved - that I very much enjoyed it.
I tend to enjoy stories that deal with the whole 'what really is/makes humanity' motif. And everytime this has been tackled in the SG universe, I've liked what's been presented. This was no exception.
"Tin Man" is a favorite of mine from SG-1 stories, and so when I noticed the similarities here that added to the whole story experience for me. As you've pointed out, certain themes in sci-fi serve as starting points. For me, I love that - it sets up a certain comfortable familiarity to the whole thing so that I can sit back and say, okay, let's see how they are going to spin this familiar tale, let's see how these particular characters are going to respond.
Other random observations - your favorite line, the one about the reading library - was also among my favorites. And I love the way the episode ended, with the fading to black and then Rodney's "oh crap!" line. But I think my favorite moment of all was the little scene between Radek and Rodney at the end. A lovely character bit there, and wonderfully played. I found Rodney's pausing long enough to offer his friend a "thank you" an especially nice touch.
Well, hope the advance screening went well. I'll look forward to reading any commments you can share in your blog later.
"Is Elizabeth Weir really dead? Well, it depends on which producer you ask."
So Joe, what would you say if we were to ask you?
"a special advance screening of The Ark of Truth tonight"
C'est toujours les mêmes personnes qui ont tout !!
How much for this Merlin devise to be there and to see without being seen ! Your price is mine !
"Neep said...
Oh dear... the picture behind the "Nom nom!" link was supposed to be a half eaten chocolate dessert, not the shot my sister took of my cleavage. I'm really sorry. And mortified."
Oh Neep - some of us older (and larger) ladies are feeling real jealous now, and it has nothing to do with the chocolate heaven on your plate. :-)
Hello Joseph =)
sa va bien aujourd"hui??
Moi oui et non.
Oui car j'ai eu un 16 sur 20 en anglais! vous vous rendez compte, c'est super!^^
et NON car j'ai revu certaine personne qui était dans ma classe l'année derniére et qui sont vraiment super maichant avec moi=(
ohh vous n'avez pas pu répondre a ma question d'hier. Donc je vous la repose et s'il vous plait répondez moi.
Dite moi un chiffre entre 1 et 41?
Hier soir j'ai passer plus d'une heure a regarder des videos et des photos de vous, et je me suis endormie avec votre voie^^ oh cé mignon, j'ai aussi remarquer que quand vous parliez vous n'arretez pas de faire des gestes avec la main,cerntainement a cause de vos origine Italienne^^!
Voila, Kisou Kisou, a demain, je vous love trop, Merciii!
I've got a question for you, I hope I don't sound stupid if it's already been asked:
Who's the ranking military officer on SGA now? I know in the premiere that Sheppard congratulated Carter on making full Colonel, but is Carter positioned directly above Joe's character in the USF hierarchy, or was she appointed by the IOA as the Atlantis leader and her rank is separate? If the latter is the case, then that could cause some havoc (or suspense) in the decision making process because she still outranks him so she could technically overturn his orders.
Also, is the USF still involved with you guys? I was surprised to see Carter's hair so long in the premiere since I remember that the USF liaisons threw a hissy fit over her hair not being regulation length in previous seasons (season five I believe?).
Alipeeps, can you stop with your ongoing campaign against the Weir fans? It's really getting old. Any time one of them tries to ask Joe for her return, you have to attack them, or correct them.
Let Joe deal with the questions, instead of as usual acting like the posting police.
If you hang in GW as much as your ridiculous post count implies you do, you should have realised that a lot of the people asking for Weir's return are not part of the Save Weir campaign. They're general fans who have realised over the past few episodes how much they miss her.
If Joe F had been sacked and you were asking for Shep to be brought back, you'd expect people to respect your opinion. Please show others the same courtesy, instead of constantly belittling them and correcting them.
Hi Joe!
Thanks for the breakdown of TMC. It was very interesting. Also, great supper conversation with Emily. :)
I really enjoyed TMC. Watched it twice and loved it both times. Sad to say I am almost hesitating to write I enjoyed seeing Weir and thought Torri did a great acting job because of the posts over the past week or so. I feel almost like I have to qualify these two simple and complete thoughts with an extended explanation of who/what I like, blah, blah, blah so I'm not dumped on by one of the many factions running amok.
Anyway, back to the show. Loved the acting, the thoughts on humanity, the destruction of RepliAtlantis, the potential return of the DupliTeam, the RogueAsurans pursuit of ascension (versus plain, old humanity), the added scenes, and BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP "Oh, crap." :)
In regards to Baron Destructo's compatriot in evilness, Count Otto Smallberries...any relation to John Smallberries? Godson of John Yaya, perhaps?
carrie said...
Please bring Elizabeth back in season five. Please. The show would improve with her input, the ratings would be better because you'd have the Weir fans and the Carter fans. Do you not see that you could have so much more impact by using both of them if you really have to use Carter? Personally, Carter's one of the reasons I stopped watching SG1, but I could have tolerated her if Elizabeth was also there.
I'm not alone in that.
(spaces removed and bold added by me)
Why do any of us think our opinions hold more weight by stating other people feel like us? Do we think our thoughts not worthy of notice unless there is a large group of unknown, unheard "others" agreeing?
eddy, spokesperson for only me.
Weir's actually dead? That's awful. I think it would have been nice if they had found her alive. That way the story line could have had a happy ending (she goes back to earth and is in charge of something there). Also is Sam going to have a bigger role in upcoming episodes? So far in most of the episodes she doesn't seem to do anything (a few of the episodes are exceptions, such as Reunion). It's kind of annoying. But the rest of season four is really good so far.
*waves*
Sorry Mr M that I didn't get the chance to say thank you so much for all the time and effort you went in to tell us your thought porcesses for TMC. You don't need to do this for us, but the fact that you do, makes it very much appreciated. *hugs*
*cough*
"molly said...
Alipeeps, can you stop with your ongoing campaign against the Weir fans? It's really getting old. Any time one of them tries to ask Joe for her return, you have to attack them, or correct them.
Let Joe deal with the questions, instead of as usual acting like the posting police.
If you hang in GW as much as your ridiculous post count implies you do, you should have realised that a lot of the people asking for Weir's return are not part of the Save Weir campaign. They're general fans who have realised over the past few episodes how much they miss her.
If Joe F had been sacked and you were asking for Shep to be brought back, you'd expect people to respect your opinion. Please show others the same courtesy, instead of constantly belittling them and correcting them."
Molly, Molly, Molly. You do realise don't you that some of us are quite vocal and when we see something that irks us, we feel the need to reply. Just as you saw to saw fit. I'm sure Mr M is big enough to slap us down when we become unruly. Ali's post was brought about by Anjirika's. Now had I been about yesterday, i'd have done exactly the same thing. Why? Because I have a big mouth and i'm not afraid to use it. And obviously you to suffer from that same affliction. It's a blessing and a curse, isn't it? Sometimes the post is just so absurd and uncalled for that we on occasions have to open our mouths and let off a little steam. Personally, I think Ali was spot on in what she said to Anjirika yesterday. She was stating in her post, to Mr M no less, that she wanted the show to fail, and the ratings to plummet. Why? Because of sour grapes and she's throwing a temper tantrum. She didn't get her way, so she's going to make sure that no one else is a happy camper. There's nothing wrong with being unhappy with changes and explaining why, but to turn round and say you want the show to fail, because it's not what you want? Please, if that's not throwing a tantrum then I don't know what is. She was out of line.
SMB_Books has always been respectful througout. Her posts are carefully constructed to reflect that she wants to make her message heard as effectively as possible. While she may not get what her heart desires in the long run, at least she has sense of decency, shame the same can't be said for some other posters.
If Joe was sacked, certainly i'd be unhappy, and would be upset Sure i'd post my views (respectfully and without attacking any one else, nor would want the show cancelled as a result of that), but beg and plead? Would that really solve anything? Would that bring Joe back full time? Is that what Joe would want? What about the actors/actresses wishes? Don't they count for something to? Would it make any difference? It's business, it's not personal. Decisions are made whether the fans like it or not. We don't have all the facts to hand do we? Are we there at the negotiating table? Or when the ratings are low and the execs are called in to discuss how things could be improved/shaken up? No, of course not. Because we as fans have no rights to that sort of information. It's none of our business. SO when these sorts of decisions are made, we can accept the decision is made, grieve, campagne and move on. Or we can be bitter and twisted and make everyone else feel miserable. I know which catagory I fit in. What about you?
Sorry Mr M, I felt the need to open my big mouth once more. Well it has been a while, and I wouldn't want my vocal cords to get rusty. :D
Thanks again.
Dear Joe,
It's my birthday today (Monday). Do you think I could get today's post dedicated to me? Or maybe just a promise that Baron Destructo won't vaporize me until at least next week?
Will there be any wild discoveries about the planet Atlantis now inhabits or the possible mental effects of multiple moons?
Have you ever read Douglas Adams' books (I'm pretty sure you already know the famous "trilogy of five books" that is the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...)?
Because I was re reading the little book entitled "the Meaning of Liff", in which Douglas and his pal John Lloyd are using funny town names and writing definitions of "common experiences, feelings, situations and even objects we all know and recognize, but for which no words exist"..., and I found it real close to your own writing.
By the way, your responses via Baron Destructo, or Melvin the Kidnapper to some funny spams never fail to make me burst into laugh; then my mother or my sister come for explanations or such an agitation, and it ought to end with me trying to translate it aloud while chuckling, and the others thinking (a) that I'm crazy (b), that you're crazy, (c) that they wish they could read English...
Oh one more question... A group of friends and I are planning a progressive dinner this weekend, where we go from house to house. Each house features a different course, and I volunteered my house for dessert. Any good chocolate recipes I should try?
Thanks,
Andru
Weir was a so so character and her role as leader really didnt give her a lot to do. The majority of episodes didn't really feature her that much so how all of a sudden is she the glue holding the show together. What utter rubbish. The show is doing great without her and I havn't missed her at all. She really should have been removed after season 2 and she never warranted a main character status ever. I really must be looking at a different show than some of the people here, and I can't even say that she made any difference to the show at all. The show is about the team and their adventures going through the gate, that's why I watch. A civilian running Atlantis always seemed odd anyway and she never really seemed to have any authority over anyone, especially Sheppard. So I have to add my voice to this Weir hysteria. I am quite happy with the show the way it is and really have no problem with never seeing Weir again. Carter seems to be filling the role the way it should always have been. Recurring, and at least Sheppard has a good working relationship with her, not the sham he had with Weir.
earlier this year you said that it was a clue to carson's return in one of the final 3 episodes of season 3, could you tell us now which episode it is in?
Will we see and know what is the Wraith's laser of 1x17 "Letter from pegasus" in season four?
If not, in season five?
At the Burbank Con, Joe F. revealed that under pressure from the actors, the producers agreed to do readthrus and then took them away because "there were more writers showing up then producers" even though there are two writers for every actor on the show!
He also said that every time he would go up to give you guys notes, you would tell him it was too late. He would read the scripts earlier and earlier and each time he would be told too late. Why is this?
I was watching some SG-1 episodes on DVD yesterday with the commentary on--Wow, was I mispronouncing your name! Who knew it was pronounced "Jo-sef" and not "Jo-sep-huh"?? ;) How many people mispronounce your last name, anyway? (Or am I the only dumb one?)
And do I get a prize for correctly guessing that the McKay/Zelenka scene was one of the added ones?? No, I'm not greedy or anything...
Looking forward to your post about the Ark of Truth screening!
Belated comment about This Mortal Coil: I realize that no one is ever necessarily completely dead in sci fi, and it sounds like Weir is only actually as dead as whichever producer has his or her way.
However, the revelation of Weir's death was the thing about the episode that made me go OMG YAY! Not because I dislike Weir, though (big fan of Weir, actually, loved her and while she was still around always wished some way could have been found to use her character more).
What I liked about it was the fact that, finally, a villain does something that makes sense. I mean, the Replicators are doing all KINDS of sense-making things this season. Going after the Wraith's food source makes so much frightening tactical sense; and killing a dangerous prisoner who is more trouble than use is horribly practical. The Replicators seemed scary last season; this season they are scary.
Awesome. :D
Hey there.
I am guessing from what you wrote in previous blog entries that Weir may not necessarily be dead ...either as Dupli Weir, or as the original... (I actually like the idea of possible Dupli Weirs, who says there has to be just one?)
She is scheduled to appear one time in Season 4 right? Would it be possible at all for her character to appear even as a recurring character in Season 5? I know I am being a pest, but if the Carson fans are lobbying for his return and it seems to be occuring, I don't see why the same thing can't occur for Weir.
Oh my God. I just found out the most wonderful news. I got in Early Decision to my top college, Wellesley.
And why am I sending you a message, I'm sure you're wondering.
Well, it's because I used the episode 'Sunday' as the topic for my essay. And seeing as I'm one of 108 students to be admitted early, I'm sure that the essay had something to do with it.
And now we come to my purpse: I can only extend my most heartfelt thanks for everyone involved in the episode: From the actors and actresses whose powerful delivery made it impossible to turn away, to the technologically savvy men and women who created the speical effects and did the makeup, to Joel for the soundtrack...I'd like to thank you all for your immense contributions to Sunday. Thank you, thank you thank you.
So if you could direct me to the easiest way to get in contact with as many of the people who make Atlantis possible as humanly possible, that would only add to my profuse thanks.
Thank you very, very, very, much.
I also wanted to add, beyond my agenda of trying to get Weir back in the game somehow(yeah I have no say... doesn't mean I can't try and voice my support for that character), that I have been really enjoying this season so far. While there were a few misses, and there is room for some improvement, this season is superior to previous seasons. I really love the more cohesive story arcs in this season how it even touches on the non story arc episodes, and I have been loving the character moments to bits.
If you want any feedback for Season 5, please don't stop the character moments, include more! It really shows depth of character, and in my mind makes the funnier moments that much funnier. The people on the show feel like real people when you present those small character moments. While I do enjoy large battle/action sequences, it is the character moments that make me want to re-watch the episodes and seee how characters grow.
Rodney's character development alone with the numerous scenes over the season where you see Rodney upset/sad/depressed angry with him self etc just makes me appareciate the character more.
I've recently seen the videos of Lulu running around in the snow. Such an adorable little puppy! Reminds me of when one of my late great kitty's first experience with rain. She ran around like crazy trying to jump between raindrops so as not to get wet. Or my even later great kitty, while I was shovelling snow, running around poucing on the little balls of snow that would land back on the driveway. Is the snow still on the ground in Vancouver? Around the same time you had the snow in Vancouver, Montreal got quite a bit more. At least 40 cm. I believe, and it is still there. Looks like it is going to be a white christmas here this year. Once a familiar thing, at least in my childhood, if not yours. Are you planning to come back to Montreal for the holidays or will you be spending them in Vancouver.
December 7, 2007 5:42:00 AM PST
Anonymous said...
Totally off topic... but I actually liked Irresponisble... does this make me a crazy person?
I liked Irresponsible too. Partially because it had an interesting plot (Even though I hate Lucius), and partially because I loved seeing Kolya kick Lucius' ass.
I also disagree when people say that Irresistable was bad. What some people don't get is that it was supposed to make you cringe. You're supposed to hate Lucius. It wasn't bad writing.
And that scene with Carson in tears is great! Anyone who didn't watch that one should!
P.S. I don't think the character changes are bad. I do miss Weir and Carson, but I still like Keller, and I'm okay with Carter. While I liked Ford, I understand why the writers got rid of him. He didn't have the kind of chemistry with the team that Ronon does.
In the Stargate story I'm writing, I did bring back Elizabeth (complete with her nanites), and I brought back Carson, but that didn't mean I killed off Keller. She actually gets in on the action. Carter, meanwhile, is back with SG-1 (I could explain how and why, but it would make for a long-winded post, and those who read it would require a basic understanding of the plot of Halo).
P.P.S. On the note of the anonymous vs. ID. I posted here a few times as anonymous, but once I started posting more regularly I thought I'd have the courage to give myself a consistent name. Nickname'll have to suffice since my life isn't interesting enough to make a blog worth it.
Emily said...
I was watching some SG-1 episodes on DVD yesterday with the commentary on--Wow, was I mispronouncing your name! Who knew it was pronounced "Jo-sef" and not "Jo-sep-huh"?? ;) How many people mispronounce your last name, anyway? (Or am I the only dumb one?)
You can't be serious, can you?
How can anyone think that Joseph is pronounced Jo-sep-huh??
I think it's safe to say you're the only one.
I know I'm late, but I wanted to compliment you on This Mortal Coil. My husband and I were watching the show, simply riveted. The writing is impeccable! The only complaint I have, and it's not even a complaint, is that we had to suffer the pain of losing Elizabeth all over again. That, too, was a great narrative tool. Basically, your writing this year has put the viewer in a position where we are interacting with the characters... I feel Rodney's and Sheppard's pain over the loss of Elizbeth and I can cry with them.
Excellent writing - you even had my skeptical husband speechless ... Congratulations and Thank you!
I said...
I was watching some SG-1 episodes on DVD yesterday with the commentary on--Wow, was I mispronouncing your name! Who knew it was pronounced "Jo-sef" and not "Jo-sep-huh"?? ;) How many people mispronounce your last name, anyway? (Or am I the only dumb one?)
You/Anonymous said...
You can't be serious, can you?
How can anyone think that Joseph is pronounced Jo-sep-huh??
I think it's safe to say you're the only one.
Ok, I don't know if you're making a joke out of my joke or what, but to clear things up: I was joking about the Joseph thing. It's the Mallozzi I was mispronouncing, hence the "last name" clarification on my last question. Does that still make me an idiot? Possibly.
Anonymous said...
Emily said...
I was watching some SG-1 episodes on DVD yesterday with the commentary on--Wow, was I mispronouncing your name! Who knew it was pronounced "Jo-sef" and not "Jo-sep-huh"?? ;) How many people mispronounce your last name, anyway? (Or am I the only dumb one?)
You can't be serious, can you?
How can anyone think that Joseph is pronounced Jo-sep-huh??
Um, she wasn't serious ... note the winky-smiley she included after the "Jo-sep-huh". She's actually referring to mispronouncing "Mallozzi", and was being silly by pretending she had mispronounced Joseph ... :-)
When do you get the figures for TMC? I think they'll be very interesting, and I'm convinced they'll be higher than for other episodes this season.
I also have to join the chorus of people asking for Weir back. It doesn't have to be fulltime, but I think she'd definitely worthy of as many episodes as Keller. Had that been done in the first place, I think you would have avoided a lot of the fan outrage.
I'm still a little baffled as to how you expected to get rid of her without having a reaction from fans. You obviously underestimated her fanbase. I have to say that surprises me after what happened with poor old Carson. How you can kill off one character, get a lot of fans angry and then still think it's smart to kill of another is beyond me.
Please bring our Lizzie back. 5-10 episodes would be enough to keep people happy. She has so much potential, should the real Weir be alive, to be used in a Daniel style role.
As much as I hate, loathe and detest Carter with an absolute passion, I could tolerate her, if Weir was back on a semi regular basis.
...I would SO stay there.
Joe, enjoy the advanced screening! Hope you have munchies!
Yes! Pictures & stories are a must! Thanks!
Cathie
molly said...
Alipeeps, can you stop with your ongoing campaign against the Weir fans? It's really getting old. Any time one of them tries to ask Joe for her return, you have to attack them, or correct them.
Let Joe deal with the questions, instead of as usual acting like the posting police.
If you hang in GW as much as your ridiculous post count implies you do, you should have realised that a lot of the people asking for Weir's return are not part of the Save Weir campaign. They're general fans who have realised over the past few episodes how much they miss her.
If Joe F had been sacked and you were asking for Shep to be brought back, you'd expect people to respect your opinion. Please show others the same courtesy, instead of constantly belittling them and correcting them.
For the record Molly, I don't have anything against Weir fans or indeed any group of fans and I also don't believe in making blanket assumptions about groups of fans and thinking they all think and behave the same. What I do have an issue with is people being aggressive, hostile and rude and the general bad behaviour and astounding sense of entitlement displayed by some fans.. which gives other fans, of all preferences, a bad name.
I don't attack anyone. I do respond to people's posts, as you yourself have done, and offer my thoughts and opinions, as you also have done. And if you'd bothered to properly read any of my posts on here or any of those making up my "ridiculous post count" on Gateworld, you would see that I have never "belittled or corrected" anyone's opinion - I don't judge people by their opinions (as you seem to do, by dismissing me as a Pro-Sheppard, Weir-hater), I judge them by their behaviour.
It's perfectly possible to have concerns about a show, or to have things you don't like about it, and to express those concerns politely and without being spiteful and abusive. It's fine to want Weir back, to want Carson back, to want whatever you want - but it's not, by any standards of acceptable social behaviour, fine to tell people you hope they get fired because they don't accede to your demands, for example.
If anyone here is stereotyping groups of fans, it's you. I get on fine with lots of proudly pro-Weir fans (like SMB_BOOKS and Briangate) who are polite and thoughtful in their posts. And if people are aggressive and nasty and vicious and hurtful, then I'll disagree with them - whether they be pro-Weir, Pro-Carson, Pro-Sheppard, anti-this, anti-that, whatever.
If you don't like people - me or anyone else - responding to your posts and pointing out the harsh truth that your behaviour is inappropriate, there's a simple answer - don't be aggressive and offensive.
"Weir was a so so character and her role as leader really didnt give her a lot to do. The majority of episodes didn't really feature her that much . . . .Carter seems to be filling the role the way it should always have been. "
Tell me just how Carter is so much better? She doesn't have much to do and seems to be saying the lines Weir always said. *confused*
Hey Joe...
Same comment as yesterday. You liked the Amanda Tapping video I did a couple years ago so I thought I'd share the video I made for the YouTube Stargate super fan contest etc. etc.:
YouTube (Official) version
Better Quality/Tweaked Veoh version (Non-Official)
I'd love it if you could let me know what you think of it please.
Thank you!
Mary Beth
Joe - this is a bit off-topic, but I was hoping you might post a little something on your blog encouraging SGA fans (and everyone else) to make donations to their local food bank/food pantry this holiday season. It's tough to be poor in America, but it's especially true this time of year. Most food banks will accept donations of non-perishable, unopened food items (cereal, soups, pasta, rice, beans) as well as cash/checks. It's a good time to be thankful for all you have, and to remember that even the smallest donation can make a big difference to a family in need.
If you're not sure where else to donate, I'd like to recommend Charlie's Pantry (732 US 20, PO Box 218, New Lebanon, NY 12125). They serve some of poorest citizens of eastern NY state, including many who live without running water. (Yes, in 2007, there are still working Americans without indoor plumbing.)
Thanks,
Linda S.
Joe, no post yesterday? I hope all is well, I believe this is a first.
Okay, I'm officially worried that something has happened to you or Fondy. No update since the 10th. Is everyone okay? Hopefully, no one is sick or injured. If you (they) are, I hope for a return to health soon.
I'm hoping you are just extremely busy with Season 5 ideas or Holiday to-do lists such as gift buying, house decorating and party planning.
I can safely say we're all a little concerned. Hope you guys are doing alright.
I may be wrong, but I thought that our comments wouldn't show up on the blog until Joe approved them. Since there have been comments posted during is "absence" I am going to remain hopeful that he is simply busy and tied up with other tasks. ::crosses fingers:: Hopefully Baron Destructo and Cookie Monster didn't show up unexpectedly and kidnap him.
Hope to see you back and blogging soon Joe!
Post a Comment