Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 14, 2007







About an hour after I posted last night’s blog entry, I received a call from my sister in Montreal. “I allergic to penicillin too,”she informed me, “and so was dad.” “Did you have a similar reaction?”I asked. “Yeah,”she fondly recalled. “It got me out of my mid-term.”

Well, there you go. It runs in the family. I’m allergic to penicillin and some other antibiotic I can’t recall, which shouldn’t be a big deal provided I don’t get sick anytime between now and whenever researchers discover a cure for old age (I hear they’re very close!). Nevertheless, I’m not worried. After all, in the unlikely event I do find myself in need of emergency medical care, there are still several treatment options open to me including: cupping, bloodletting, scarification, goji juice, and, when all else fails, exorcism.

Recovering and relatively rashless, I headed back into the office today and was treated to a double-barreled blast of budgetly goodness. Toss in a dash of interviews, a twist of visual effects approvals, and just a hint of scheduling-induced panic and before I knew it, my day was done and I was headed out the door, my recently-arrived shipment from Amazon.com in tow. Some interesting titles in the mix, among them Pat Frank’s Alas, Babylon, a book recommended by scifi-savvy Claire from, coincidentally enough, Sci-Fi (although, really, the book was a recommendation from her father, a.k.a. Mr. Claire) which looks promising enough and will enter the running as one of December’s SciFi Book of the Month Club nominees.

I arrived home a little after 6:00 p.m., determined to stay in and enjoy a simple meal. Unfortunately, the crucial ingredient to my planned dinner, the avocado that I’d forgotten to eat at work and, thus, brought back with me, was nowhere to be found when I unpacked my things. I double-checked the area, then retraced my steps, down the back porch, along the walk and scoping the lawn in the vain hope that it had rolled free onto the grass and well clear of the innumerable pockets of dog crap I really should be cleaning up before Fondy gets back, into the garage where I checked the trunk of my car three times and then, finally, down on my hands and knees, desperately searching and coming up empty. I headed back inside, crushed, my dinner plans thwarted. But I wasn’t about to just give up. Hell, no! Instead, I triple-checked the area, headed right back outside and retraced my steps, checking the lawn, the trunk of my car, and the floor of the garage. Then I gave up.

So I decided to wing it instead. Dinner tonight: penne al dente with an alio e oglio marscapone and sweet ricotta cream sauce, cipollini onions, green onions, and buttered carrots. Meh.

Today's pics: My book shipment, Jelly misses Fondy so much she's taken to snuggling up with her shoe, the dogs snoozing after a long day at daycare.

Today’s mailbag:

JMQ writes: “When you wrote Camelot's cliff-hanger ending, did you know whether it was the Korolev or the Odyssey which had been destroyed, or was that decision left for season 10?”

Answer: At the time, we were undecided. It wasn’t until we were back planning season 10 (and all of the actors had signed on) that we made the call.

Ray Finkle writes: “Pardon my curiosity Joe but i'm wondering how a Canadian has gotten into Glasgow's finest recent export - The Fratellis?”

Answer: I was at HMV last weekend looking for Fondy and they were playing The Fratellis DVD. It took me a while to finally track her down, long enough to hear three or four songs that I liked enough to buy the CD.

Cathie writes: “Joe, do you think you will ever do a stargate con in Australia?”

Answer: Unlikely as it looks like I’ll be busy for the next year at least.

Cathie also writes: “Have you heard or been to The Max Bennett Chocolate Bar?”

Answer: Heard of but have yet to sample.

Morgia a ecrit: “Est-ce que tu retournes à Montréal pour le temps des fêtes ? Mallozi, c'est pas Italien ça ?”

Answer: Oui, c’est Italien. Et l'année dernière, je suis allé à Montréal pour Noël mais cette année ma famille vient à Vancouver.

Maggie writes: “He thinks I should be wearing a medical alert bracelet. Do you plan on getting an alert bracelet/necklace?”

Answer: I’m not really into jewelry. Do they make medical alert ties or walking sticks with hidden swords?

Rebecca writes: “Re Dr. Keller, considering how many times Carson Beckett reacted with fear over the first two and a half years, do you agree that Dr. Keller is being judged according to a double standard?”

Answer: Yep.

Alipeeps writes: “Have you just finished your course of tablets, by any chance? The one time a particularly brainless medical "professional" gave me penicillin anyway, the rash/reaction flared up straight after I finished taking taking the tablets.”

Answer: Yes! I didn’t think it could be the penicillin because common sense dictates I would have had the reaction when I started treatment or during treatment, not the day after I finished treatment!

SetMaat writes: “In this new season we haven't seen any wraith yet... Why? Where are they?”

Answer: Well, we did see them in Reunion. And you won’t have to wait long to see them again.

Amy writes: “I'm just curious about your career... how you started out, what you were doing while you were still in school, etc.”

Answer: I completed a Masters in English Literature, ultimately decided I wanted to write screenplays, got my foot in the door by writing for animation, and ultimately worked my way up to live-action productions.

Sagacious writes: “How do you deal with production issues when one of the actors gets really ill?”

Answer: In the event an actor is too ill to work, we will try to write around them or reschedule their scenes. If there is no way to work around them, then we would have to shut down production. In the biz, this is referred to as a “force majeure”. This has only happened once in my many years working on Stargate.

Boo writes: “i thought all the team had the sub-q transmitters?”

Answer: They do. They work in conjunction with the Asgard beaming technology. If the Daedalus had been in orbit, they would have been able to scan the surface of the planet, pinpoint their location, and beam them up.

Steve writes: "Um, you do realise that SG-1 isn't 'real' right? It's all fantasy, and make believe? I hope you realise that at least."

Answer: Uh, to clarify, you're accusing her of overreacting when all she is doing is responding to your far more strident opinion. That's like Britney Spears criticizing Hannah Montana for dressing too trashy.

87 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the Daedalus had been in orbit, they would have been able to scan the surface of the planet, pinpoint their location, and beam them up.

Le sigh! If only the Daedalus *had* been in orbit! Then I could've spent time drooling over Kirby Morrow. Do I sound like a broken record yet?

Ya know, Lulu is just plain awesome! Does she start out in those sleeping positions or does she just sort of slide into them while in dreamland?

Franklin said...

Since you have been left all on your lonesome will we be getting the next chapter in the 'laundry' saga? "Joe versus the ironing"? Or even "Joe versus the Vacuum cleaner"?

I thought that Jelly was a daddy's girl! And there she is pining for her mummy.

PapaSmurf said...

Well looks like I'm the first to comment. Book choices look nice I'm interested and might be heading over to my Library to check if they have it. Too bad with the Avocado, I've been in that situation before, you will find it eventually...when it is three days old and brown.

Kudos on Season 4 Will we be seeing any new Races in any of the Season four episodes maybe Season Five?

Thank you and take care.
~PapaSmurf

Thornyrose said...

Promising set of books, including at least one I've not heard of. Looking forward to seeing which ones make the book club list for next month.
The dog pictures are almost criminally cute. Keep them coming, please.
As far as your newly discovered allergy to penicillin, you left out candling, aromatheropy, and theraputic touch. And I'd suggest a tatoo on the wrist if you're adverse to wearing bracelet. Though if you can tolerate a necklace you could go that route. You might also want to check into getting a medical card to put in your wallet. That would be the last resort of medics trying to obtain information on you in the event you were speechless.
A stray question or two about the upcoming season. Are we going to be seeing any alternate universe stories in season five? If so, would they involve our heroes in an alternate universe or alternates crossing over into the "main" time line? One last question(ok, so I can't count). Are you going to go into more detail on what you mean by "budgetary gooness" in a later post?

Joshua Meyers said...

Well, we did see them in Reunion...and travelers, must not forget the travelers. GO BAMSR!

Would you be offended if i had Moe Jacuzzi on my school leavers shirt?
IF you are do you have any kool stargate names or one liners that would work on the back of my leavers shirt.(ie J.M. is awesome

Carys (aka ~Cats) said...

OH!! i did not realize it was an asguard thingy. i thought it just went with the atlantean techie stuff (the scanners and such). thank you for explaining!

Anonymous said...

Hannah Montana(wtf?) seriously man, i thought you were cool. Reverse your tragic mistake or i will forever tell people of your lack of manhood and seriously questionable sexual conducts.

Joshua Meyers said...

Do/Did you go to the Montreal comedy festival? Who is your all time favorite comedian? What's the best joke you have heard when in attendance of such an event?p.s. there's no 'U' in Asgard. Right?.

Anonymous said...

"In the biz, this is referred to as a “force majeure”. This has only happened once in my many years working on Stargate."

You opened the door Mr. M, so give us the details. Are we talking SG1 or Atlantis?

Anonymous said...

Is there a way to compare the Nielsen ratings to how many physical and digital products of Atlantis are sold? In the sense that are there as many buys as there are estimated viewers, or hopefuly more?

And as a producer of the show, are you privy to the studios sales figures?

MajorSamFan said...

I *so* sympathize with the allergic reaction! It took three different prescriptions of a 10% derivative of penicillin - followed each time by a horrible, itchy rash of doom *after* I had finished the pills - for the doctor to realize, "Duh, it says right in her chart she's allergic to penicillin." Not to be confused with the itchy rash of doom from when they changed the formula on the laundry detergent to include enzymes or when my mom washed curtains that disintegrated (and contained some sort of fibreglass filaments?) in the washer and then the white (underwear) load. (See how perilous laundry can be?)

MajorSamFan said...

I'm so glad Atlantis has been renewed. How long will it take for actor contract negotiations before you know if the current cast members will return?

Anonymous said...

I've heard the US Air Force is pleased with how they've been portrayed on Stargate. How involved are they in the show in terms of informing on some of the more military aspects? Do you work with an Air Force consultant?

AV eddy said...

Hi Joe,

Your avacado disappeared? And you checked for it thrice? Could it have been the work of. . .Baron Destructo? Wouldn't it be like him to steal avacados from high-powered foodies, leading to so-so dinners, a guacamole-less southern US, and the eventual downfall of society? I'm keeping my eye on my lemons, that's all I gotta say. *looks around furtively*

Glad you're feeling less rashy. That cleared up pretty quick! :)

Don't tell my pups, but I actually saved one of the Lulu pics from today cuz she's sooooo darn cute!

As for the medic-alert walking stick with sword, I've been working on a prototype, but I can't decide whether the alert should read

A: "Decapitation is bad for your health"

B: "Warning: Sharp pointy object!"

C: "There can be only one!"

I hope the Ides of November bring you better luck!

eddy

P.S. SG-1 isn't real?! Riiiiight.

Charles Schneider said...

With the massive number of books you've read this last year, is your house overflowing with literature, or do you recycle/sell back a lot of old books?

Anonymous said...

Even sans avacado it seems your dinner was much better than the can of chilli.

It was also a heck of a lot better than my meals. I live in a college dorm so food is questionable sometimes. Tonight they called it a 'Harvest Dinner' which was Thankgiving a week early. However, the simply put table cloths and candles on the table and served the same food as always. It's a glamorous life.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering my question. I'm considering all of the information I've collected from anthropologists (there's actually one named Michael Shanks... he's mentioned in my arch text), biologists, psychologists and writers to try and, hopefully, make a decision and graduate in the next century or two. Or maybe I'll just... write about the things I've dug up from a biological perspective and then look at how our brains process the information ;)

But seriously, thanks.

Anonymous said...

That 'force majeure' in Stargate - would that happen to have been the time JF got food poisoning filming season 4? I remember David Hewlett mentioning it in his forum...

-Dana

Tesajb said...

I don't know what else to say today other than my brain is completely sloshed (No I don't drink, I'm just really overworked) and I apparently have lost the capability to read or concentrate on anything for longer than 2 seconds without my mind wandering off.

I'm surprised I can even somewhat coherently type.

I guess that Latte I had at 9:30 in the morning didn't cut it.

Wait. What?

Anonymous said...

They do. They work in conjunction with the Asgard beaming technology. If the Daedalus had been in orbit, they would have been able to scan the surface of the planet, pinpoint their location, and beam them up.

Not to nitpick, but in "Common Ground" Mckay used the jumper's sensors to detect Sheppard's subcutaneous transmitter - He pointed out that there were life signs miles from the bunker and begun counting down the number of life signs, as the Wraith was killing Genii soldiers, until there were only two left. At which point Mckay said this; "Well, one of them is definitely Sheppard. His subcutaneous transmitter's still broadcasting." So why couldn't they do the same thing to pinpoint Telya and Keller's location before getting out of the jumper and hoping to randomly stumble upon them on foot?

Unknown said...

I think you should get a sword with the medical alert encrusted in the handle. Penicillin can be etched into the sword itself. Dwight from The Office may be able to help you find a walking stick to hide it in.

And a heads up for future times you may need antibiotics (since cold/flu season is sadly approaching)- I'm sure you already know you're at risk of being allergic to amoxcillin and ceclor, but there's an alternative antibiotic called omnicef that most who are allergic to penicillin will have trouble with. I swelled up to double my normal size that day, got me out of classes, but it was a more than a little bit nerve wracking.

Jenny Robin said...

My auto vehicle registration is coming up, and I'm thinking of getting a license place that says "STRG8T" or "SG1 SGA" or something else Stargate related.

What do you think? Do you dare me to do it?

Anonymous said...

Boo writes: “i thought all the team had the sub-q transmitters?”

Answer: They do. They work in conjunction with the Asgard beaming technology. If the Daedalus had been in orbit, they would have been able to scan the surface of the planet, pinpoint their location, and beam them up.

Hmm, Joe. Didn't the team pick up Sheppard's transmitter from a jumper at the end of Common Ground when they finally track him to the planet where Kolya was keeping him?

And do you hate it when people pick out these little details and fixate on them?

WB

Arctic Goddess said...

I am in a quandary, Joe. I have nothing to say (gasp!) and I can't think of a single question. Yet, I don't want to miss posting in case the ever elusive 750,000 post may be within my grasp.

What would you recommend?

Patricia

satine said...

bonjour Joe!

-J'aimerais savoir, cela vous est-il déjà arrivé d'avoir le syndrôme de la page blanche? Si c'est le cas, comment avez-vous géré ça?

-Et à votre avis, est-ce plus difficile d'apprendre l'anglais pour un français, ou le français pour un anglais?

Anonymous said...

I think I'm joining Carl in the "love Lulu" club - she's so cute! She bears a striking resemblance to my former flatmates' Boston terriers - such intelligent dogs!

On the SG front: Do you find the "new" dynamic of the team any harder to write for? Or is it more interesting because there are different angles to explore?

Anonymous said...

A far less careful, but still good alternative to the medical alert bracelet is a card/piece of paper in your wallet that is visible when immediately opened, saying your allergies, medications, and any other interesting or pertinent medical issues you have. I need to update mine, turns out I'm allergic to Zithromax (an antibiotic) as well as Naproxen.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe

I am very much enjoying the fourth season 10 SG-1 DVD, which came out in the UK on Monday (one story a day, so far I am up to The Shroud).

(How come such a brilliant series got cancelled?)

Anyway, I was wondering what influences Sam's experiences in the alternate reality in The Road Not Taken have on her during her first year in charge of Atlantis?

All the best

Pam

Anonymous said...

Your dogs are far too adorable.

Loving this season of SGA, though all of my friends think your writing staff is forcing the hetero-ness. I don't agree or disagree on that sentiment, but I would like to see some gay characters in space.

Do you think we can cook something up?

Edward4th said...

I see you have Riddley Walker in your newest batch. I was given this several years ago and found it somewhat depressing but an excellent read nonetheless.
Your comment about piles of dog poo cheered me right up, I'll think of you when I'm picking up after my dogs but does this mean that Fondy usually does it?

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now, but only just recently have I started reading through some of the comments as well.

Before, I thought you were a little bit of a jerk at times to the commenters. Now, I totally understand. and I'm slightly scared if these are only the comments you actually approve.

Resent because I forgot my name!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe. I love your blog, I read every day in my lunch break.

I'm loving season 4 at the moment, some of the best Stargate episodes ever form either series imo.
I do feel however that the offworld missions etc do all seem to be to very similar loaction with very similar cultures.

In SG1 they often found gates located inside cavernous structures or other anicent locations. Any such exotic or unusual locations plneed for the remainder of S4 or S5?

Anonymous said...

Pat Frank's 'Alas, Babylon' is a great book. I'm glad it's in the running for BOTM, so I can participate without having to buy/check-out something. It's less a sci-fi novel and more of a 'what if?'/'On the Beach' kind of thing. It'll be everyone's handbook once oil and gas reserves run out completely.

Many of the titles in the pic intrigue me. I just love it when you snap pix of your book shipments. Receiving a box o' fiction anytime of year is like getting a holiday present.

Anonymous said...

The last few episodes (namely Travellers, Tabula and Missing) have all not featured the Daedalus or Apollo. And I've felt that it's helped the episodes tbh, the Daedalus hasn't been there just to save the day and it's made the peril seem a lot more 'real'. In recent years most of the role the ships have played has been to basically come in, save the day and serve as a easier plot device (I.e. In season 9 SG-1 being beamed out at the last second happened two episodes in a row!) while season 6-8 there would be about two eps per year featuring Prometheus usually with the majority of the ep set on there if so, with it being a central aspect to the story. I personally have found the recent Atlantis episodes better with the fact that it hasn't been used in that way, where it would have been a lot 'easier' had they been there. And it's made the episodes stronger, more genuine without you wondering when the ship will be there to beam them out.

One question though which I've been wondering ever since I saw First Strike, why was the Apollo introduced then? Why didn't the Daedalus just handle that episode, or was it just because Mitch Pileggi wasn't available/wouldn't be for season 4?

♥ANAIS♥ said...

Salut Joseph=)

lol j'adore vos chien XD, ils sont trop rigolo^^!

je suis happy aujourd'hui j'ai finit les cours plus tôt^^!

Encors 6 jours, comment allez vous fêter vos 1 an de blog?

ahh demain j'ai un controle de mathématique =( vous aimez cette matiére?

Dans la saison 4 ou dans la saison 5, on vera des wraith se reproduire?

Bon Merci =) gros bisou de l'autre coté de la planet!! je vous love! a demain =) passez une trés bonne journée!

Anonymous said...

“Re Dr. Keller, considering how many times Carson Beckett reacted with fear over the first two and a half years, do you agree that Dr. Keller is being judged according to a double standard?”

Answer: Yep.


I saw an excellent post at the SciFi forum this morning that pointed out Carson's biggest fear was hurting others, as in Poisoning the Well, Michael, or that he wouldn't be able to work the Chair well enough to save people. Beckett's whining was more worry about others.

Keller's fear was for herself - ye olde "poor me", as in "pampered princess syndrome". That's why Keller comes across as a spoiled brat/cry baby, while Beckett came across as caring and approachable.

I guess I'm in the camp where I can't figure how Keller passed screening in the first place. I really wouldn't want her as my doc.

Anonymous said...

if an actor is too ill just write them out of a scene, forcing a shutdown seems silly

if hewlett is ill just write his character out and say hes offworld researching or was called back to earth and should be away a while and have a video scene whenever he feels better enough to film with him speaking two way to whoever at the SGA command is around

Anonymous said...

Ahhahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Une amie vient de me faire une magnifique video sur vous!!!!
Elle est super!!

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=jvo6nwXASjU

Dite moi se que vous en pensez??

Moi j'adore troop!!! =DDD

Fran said...

Who is your favourite character on the SGA and if you could be any character on the show who would you be and why?

Pauline said...

Hi Joe never short of a come back you know me. Anyway if you think this has been done to death don't approve it, but thanks for the white knight thing.

So I’m back after a fight to the death with Escherichia Coli 0157. I’m the one still alive by the way.

So Stargate isn’t real!! (Shouts to children)” Kids that camping trip to see the Nox…not going to happen. Yeah the nice man on the blog says it’s not real…so we’ll have to settle for that trip to see the big mouse run around that theme park again.”


I to look at story lines and characters and annoy my family no end by deconstructing each episode and scene but writers have a hard enough time and it is easy to say well that didn’t work or that actor was no good. Look behind you, there are lots of people who will disagree with you.
Well enough of this verbal sparing. I think between us we have restored the Clever/ Dumb balance in the world and I think I know which category I fall into.
No really Steve it was nice to talk to you.

Pauline

Anonymous said...

That's like Britney Spears criticizing Hannah Montana for dressing too trashy.

Hee! I've missed reading this blog. What's wrong with me where I get distracted with real life to not take in the vunderful Mallozzi snark?

However! I have been enjoying Season 4, and I was one of those doubters with the cast changes. However I have to apologize for my lack of faith, because with the exception of one episode, I've really enjoyed everything this season has had to offer.

Of course, I'm not hoping that your brush with allergic reactions might inspire a scene or two in season five regarding a certain astrophysicist's claimed allergy... no... (that would be bad).

One question though, hopefully it hasn't been asked, strictly from trying to figure out canon, from Keller's conversation with Elizabeth in "First Strike", it seems that she was supposed to have been in the background on Atlantis's medical staff before "Sunday". Has it been revealed how long she's been in Pegasus yet?

And on a completely unrelated side note... awwww, puppies!

Anonymous said...

With regard to the future Season 4 DVD, I would like to request more actor commentary. Season 3 commentary seemed more geared to the technical end of the business -while interesting, I'm not going to be going to film school. However, I do enjoy commentary pertaining to character and plot. Actor comments on motivation, character development, and the mood and the funny stuff going on the set is always good. The writer's insight is always great to hear. My favorite commentaries are with Martin Wood and Martin Gero. (Let them know that, please!) Of course, I also enjoy your wit and humor too! Thanks!

Lynn Carole

Anonymous said...

1)Will any of the team members make any costly mistakes?

2)Will Nabel's reappearance be a surprising one?

Anonymous said...

BTW, in "Missing", I loved Shepperd and McKay's scene centered around guessing the Batman villains and the actors who played them. I was literally yelling the answers at the TV. Were you a fan of show? Actually, you're too young, aren't you? Whose idea was that scene?

♥ANAIS♥ said...

outch désolé , vous aviez bien recu le message =)

Sorry Sorry!

allez Gros KISSSSSSS <3<3 I LOVE YOU§!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eliza said...

Hi Joe - have you read any Anne Bishop? Admittedly, she's more fantasy than sci fi, but her Blood Jewels Trilogy is well written, with an interesting erotic overlay (no pun intended). Also, as one allergic to several classes of antibiotics, don't worry... you have lots of options.

morgia said...

Bonjour,
Je ne comprends pas pourquoi des gens écrivent des critiques aucunement constructives sur des blogs ou des séries télévisées, ils n'ont qu'à arrêter de les lire et de les regarder. Toutefois, le fait de les garder sur ton blog est tout en ton honneur, il faut respecter la liberté d'expression de chacun. Merci d'avoir répondu à mes questions. Je garde de l'Italie de merveilleux souvenirs: Pompei la magnifique, les camions de marchandises remplis de citrons sur le traversier me menant en Sicile et les vieilles dames dormant et tricotant sur des chaises en bois au coin d'une ruelles d'Aggrigente.
Bonne journée

Anonymous said...

Keller's being judged by a double standard? Are you kidding me?

Beckett at least looked and sounded like a grown-up. When I hear Jewel, as much as I liked her in Firefly, all I hear is a whiney little girl.

She's a great actress, but honestly, to cast her as a CMO is beyond ridiculous.

People aren't pissed off just because she's replaced Beckett. A lot of people just find her completely unrealistic in terms of this situation.

You don't let a child run a medical facility in another galaxy, and a child is essentially what she is. And a whiney, annoying one at that.

♥ANAIS♥ said...

lol XD et bien dsl pour le message pérssédent je croyer vous avoir envoyer 2 foix le méme message ....outch je m'enmélle


Bon bah j'ai encors mon control de math a apprendre =( ...a beintot =) Kisou!

Anonymous said...

Once again, adorable pics of your pups. Does Fondy mind the exhibiting of her shoe on your blog?

Glad you are on the mend and found the cause.

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm not offending anyone, but I have to say this, because no one else seems to.
I really am sick of SG-1 character after SG-1 character being brought over to Atlantis. First it was Sam, which is fine, but now Teal'c's showing up, and there's talk of Daniel showing up.
I also don't understand why so many people keep asking for more SG-1 characters.
Don't get me wrong. I loved SG-1, but Atlantis is its own show with its own characters. If its just going to become a platform for the return of every SG-1 character it'll lose its individuality. A lot of people complained during the first season that Atlantis was constantly being compared to its parent show. If it's going to stand on its own, it can't be constantly relying on guest appearances from old characters.
SG-1 had its time-- ten seasons is an admirable run-- and now it is gone. Let it go.

Anonymous said...

Drug allergies. Aren’t they fun? I have a lethal allergy to Codeine. It’s supposed to be all over my charts at the dr’s office as well as the pharmacy. But earlier this year the doctor gives me some pain meds after a car accident. I asked (reminded) them about the Codeine allergy. “No worries,” they said. At the pharmacy I ask again. “No problem,” they said. So, I go home and start to take my meds like a good little girl. But first I read the pamphlet that came attached to the drug bottle. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE IF YOU HAVE HAD ANY KIND OF REACTION TO CODEINE. Hmmmm….. I called the pharmacy to ask about it and was told that the incidence is so low (1%) that they don’t feel it’s worth mentioning. I reminded them that 1% of dead is still dead, thank you very much. Got rid of those meds, quick. Nothing like a drug allergy to keep you on your toes.

Anonymous said...

on the medication allergy, make sure you have that information in your wallet (in case of accident). Alas, some folks who are allergic to penicillan become allergic to others.

Does Lulu start out sitting on the chair and then slide off, or just likes to slide immediately?

And does everybody on Atlantis have subcutaneous transmitters, even Ronon and Teyla, who realistically are sorta like 'contractors', not employees ;)

Jade said...

Sorry to hear about your allergy! That's horrible it took all day to figure out!
I have a Teyla question, How far along in the show was she supposed to be in Missing? I was assuming not very if she was just finding out about it from Keller and then I thought maybe she already knew. If that is something that will get answered in Seer then just ignore this question. I was just curious. :)

Anonymous said...

Rebecca writes: “Re Dr. Keller, considering how many times Carson Beckett reacted with fear over the first two and a half years, do you agree that Dr. Keller is being judged according to a double standard?”

Answer: Yep.


Oh boy. Here we go again putting words in people's mouths, and lumping all SGA fans who disagree with TPTB into one bucket (the "if they disagree with TPTB, then they couldn't possibly have a valid point" bucket).

I have never compared Keller to Carson, and the majority of the comments I've seen on this blog (and a lot of forums) haven't either. (Yes, there are the people who won't accept any CMO besides Carson, but it seems like the majority of fans are more open-minded than that.) I'm judging Keller based on what I know of the Stargate program and the kind of people they hire and say they want, along with my personal knowledge of the medical community. But Joe, since you seem to think that I and my fellow fans are holding Keller to a double standard, why don't we compare Keller to Carson?

Was Carson afraid? Yes. Did he whine on occasion? Yes. Did a lot of it seem like comic relief? Yes, and that's one big difference. Whining for the sake of lightening up a serious episode (Rodney's whining often falls into this category as well) is a good thing. Can anybody honestly say that Keller's whining has been meant to lighten the mood?

When Carson did whine, and it was not meant as comic relief, what was he whining about? Did he whine because he was worried about himself, or was he whining because he was worried about the welfare of others? (His biggest fear after all was failing his patients and colleagues.) Outside of the comic relief moments, I don't ever remember Carson whining because something was uncomfortable for him. He whined that people weren't listening and that other people would die as a result. He whined that he was put in the control chair because he was worried that he'd harm someone besides the enemy. He whined, because he didn't want to fail others. Keller? She whined because the food was bad and she wasn't comfortable in the situation.

Were there times when Carson whined that I felt like hitting him over the head? Yep. Did his (or anybody else’s antics, besides Keller) make me want to turn off the TV? Nope (at least not a character on SGA). Has Keller made me turn off the TV, or made me want to? Yes, and from what I’ve heard, I’m not the only one.

Was Carson a competent doctor who showed a lot of compassion towards his patients? Definitely. He would take charge, give orders, and comfort his patients. Keller? We know she can't give CPR (unless someone at the SGC has found a way to rearrange internal organs). When she ends up in a crisis situation (Adrift), she pauses and looks around at her colleagues with a "what the hell do I do" look on her face. When a patient needs comforting, she is callous or very aloof. (With Teyla at the end of Missing, she was downright cruel. Instead of just thanking Teyla for saving her life, Keller insists on pointing out that she gets to go home and visit her family when she knows that Teyla is extremely upset because her people have vanished. And people complained about Weir's bedside manner.)

I have now compared Carson and Keller, so go ahead and say it's unfair. I agree with you. They're different characters who shouldn't be compared to each other. Keller will never be Carson, and I don't think the fans want her to be. There will never be another Carson, and that's okay.

Joe, I think this is where you and some fans have been missing the point with a lot of the comments on this board and elsewhere that have criticized Keller. We don't dislike the idea of Keller. Our problem is with the way that Keller has been written. I think the majority of the fans would have liked a smart doctor who knows what she's doing. A character that is a strong female and can successfully lead a department. A character who is a little shy and unsure because she's young and the new kid on the block. A character that is definitely not perfect, but whom the writers are realistic about. But that isn't what has been written. We've got a character who is the weak female that needs to be protected. A doctor who, while smart, apparently does not have a lot of practical experience. A character who is written completely contradictory. No woman that young (and you can't divorce Keller from Jewel that much) would be strong enough to become a doctor and get to Atlantis, and then be a total shrinking violet who worries more about her own comfort than that of the disappearance of an entire population. If these contradictions were cleared up, and she became the character that she has the potential to be, I think you'll find that the fans will stop complaining. We want to like Keller, but they way she is written makes it very hard.

The other point you keep missing is that loyal fans don't nitpick for the sake of nitpicking. We actually like the show and want to make it better. We know that characters like this, and bad story lines, will keep casual fans (or the person who happens upon the show while changing channels) from becoming loyal fans who love the show. And all loyal fans want to make other people love the show as much as we do.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
I saw an excellent post at the SciFi forum this morning that pointed out Carson's biggest fear was hurting others, as in Poisoning the Well, Michael, or that he wouldn't be able to work the Chair well enough to save people. Beckett's whining was more worry about others.


Where in Poisoning the Well was Carson reluctant to go off-world for fear of hurting others? Sure he was worried about the steps the Hoffans were taking and the danger to others later on, but that was after he'd happily spent some time on their world.. and a nice, cosy, advanced world (by Pegasus galaxy standards) it was too. He wasn't afraid of hurting the Hoffans when Sheppard first took him to their planet.. he was unhappy about going off-world at all.

Can you honestly say that, trapped on an unfamiliar planet with no military support and chased by killer cannibals, Carson would not have been a) afraid for his life and b) panicking about it?

Anonymous said...

Alas, Babylon? Egads! I remember hating that in high school, but it did have the taint of "assigned reading." Maybe you'll enjoy much more than I.

Are Stargate creative and casting decisions influenced by forces outside of the actual cast and crew? The network, ratings, fan reaction, whatever.

For instance, I appreciate the environmental consciousness in NBC's Green Week, but it's weird when networks force shows to do a particular storyline or setting.

Since Sci Fi is part of NBC Universal, were you asked to promote green living last week? Ooh, I bet that's why Teyla was eating that thing raw, right? Reduce carbon emissions by not cooking your food. Genius!

Anonymous said...

Hi again Mr M.,
Greetings from Tipperary
Just watched "Tabula Rosa" on Sky here in Ireland. Excellent episode. Nice to see Carter, scared and confused a bit with Rodney taking the lead, also nice touch with Ronan and "that never gets old!" line. Love Season 4, and really admire the ensemble fold of Carter into the team.
Am reading the "White Plague" and enjoying same, will have an Irishman's critique by month's end, though I will say the "faith and begorra" dialogue is driving me crazy !!!
You haven't mentioned any major development re: your tooth, so I'm assuming my diagnosis was correct!
Take care

Shirt'n'Tie

Ivana said...

Sorry, to hear about your allergy!

Ähm, does Rachel wear contact lenses?

Take care!

Iv

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

"force majeure" Michael Shanks?
Michael's appendix ruptured during the filming of Crystal Skull and the episode Nemisis had to be rewritten. When you watch Crystal Skull, you can tell that the 'cave scenes' at the end are Michael's double in some of the shots. Also in Nemisis, the scene between Daniel and Jack, you can tell by how pale Michael is that he still was 'not well'. IMO Rick and Michael did a really good job adlibbing that scene.

I remember reading somewhere Michael talking about how he argued with the emergency room Doctor to let him go home because he had to be on the set the next day for filming. He said that the Doctor told him that if he left he would be dead by morning. Thank God the Doctor was able to talk Michael into staying. Wow! Talk about being dedicated.

I noticed another poster mentioned Sam and Daniel in Moebius. I'd like to second everything that she said. It's always a pleasure to watch the two on screen together. IMO, the two actors play off of each other very well. Great chemistry between two really good actors. I miss their on-screen friendship - hoping we get some in the future.

P.S. Cutest dogs in the world!!!!

Anonymous said...

Irulan said...

Wow.. there was a lot to reply to here so I'm just gonna go with a few salient points:

Oh boy. Here we go again putting words in people's mouths, and lumping all SGA fans who disagree with TPTB into one bucket (the "if they disagree with TPTB, then they couldn't possibly have a valid point" bucket).

Seeing as you can't speak to the intent of the original poster, that assumption is rather more your inferral than her implication. I don't recall anyone suggesting that fans must slavishly agree with everything TPTB say or that any and all fans that don't do so have no right to express their opinions?

Can anybody honestly say that Keller's whining has been meant to lighten the mood?

No. Because this wasn't a light-hearted episode. This was dark and the situation was bad and Teyla certainly wasn't in the mood for comic relief. I doubt that was ever the intent for Keller's whining..

(His biggest fear after all was failing his patients and colleagues.)

Can I ask where you get that from? I don't remember the show ever particularly delving into Carson's psyche to that extent.. other than the very natural (for a dr) fear of messing up and losing a patient that we saw in Phantoms.

He whined, because he didn't want to fail others. Keller? She whined because the food was bad and she wasn't comfortable in the situation.

You make it sound like Carson was some paragon of virtue and selflessness whilst Keller was merely throwing a petty strop because her hotel suite wasn't big enough and her eggs weren't cooked just right. She was a city girl thrown into a raw survivalist situation for which she was not prepared and of which she had no experience with her life in danger from alien cannibals. This is no petulant, "But I don't like this!" reaction. This is understandable fear for her life and panic over being in a situation over which she has no control.

Keller? We know she can't give CPR (unless someone at the SGC has found a way to rearrange internal organs). When she ends up in a crisis situation (Adrift), she pauses and looks around at her colleagues with a "what the hell do I do" look on her face. When a patient needs comforting, she is callous or very aloof. (With Teyla at the end of Missing, she was downright cruel. Instead of just thanking Teyla for saving her life, Keller insists on pointing out that she gets to go home and visit her family when she knows that Teyla is extremely upset because her people have vanished. And people complained about Weir's bedside manner.)

I agree that the CPR seen in Doppelganger was not performed properly.. but bear in mind that a) what we saw was actually Sheppard's dream and not real and b) from a 4th wall perspective, CPR is rarely portrayed accurately on TV.. because it's hard to do it properly without risking breaking a rib or two.. which the recipient would probably not appreciate! :)

As for Adrift.. I don't recall Keller ever looking lost or unsure the way you describe. She was reluctant certainly, having some hard decisions to make about treatment options, but she seemed in control and competent to me.

And in Missing, I personally saw the final infirmary scene as Keller returning to a previous conversation with Teyla, a subject matter that they had bonded somewhat over. I would never have interpreted that scene as the character being needlessly cruel or insensitive.

We've got a character who is the weak female that needs to be protected. A doctor who, while smart, apparently does not have a lot of practical experience.

Any of the non-military members of the expedition would have needed to be protected in that situation. Weir would have. Zelenka would have. Regardless of gender. Does she have a lot of practical experience of off-world missions and wilderness survival? No. Practical medical experience however? I think her actions and results in Adrift/Lifeline and Tabula Rasa speak to that.

..a total shrinking violet who worries more about her own comfort than that of the disappearance of an entire population.

I feel that's something of a harsh intepretation. She never displayed disregard for the Athosians' plight and indeed was sympathetic when encouraging Teyla to talk about her people. But what could she do right at that time to help them? Nothing. And being terrified for your life (which is a bit more than "worrying about your own comfort") does not mean you don't care a hoot about anyone else.. it just means that's not really quite your priority at that time!

I guess it all comes down to interpretation and personal preference - it's obvious for example that you and I have interpreted scenes in the episode completely differently. Yet one cannot help but feel that some of the interpretation, by some folks, is informed by a predisposition to judge the character more harshly - for whatever reason.

Let's forget comparisons with Carson - if this episode had been Teyla and McKay, would anyone be slamming McKay for freaking out, whining, being terrified by the rope bridge and refusing to eat ground squid? Honestly?

Anonymous said...

I think with Keller the problem is not how realistic she is, or her background or that a double standard is being employed. Those are symptoms, they are not the cause. For me at least, it's I just don't like her or find her entertaining. It's not personal and I am not putting that much effort into comparing her with other characters. If I liked her and found her character interesting then when she did things which annoyed me or I found annoying then I would probably be more willing to overlook them, but because I don't like the character these things annoy me more. I think it's how we all react to characters in shows and it's not a double standard it's just people's personal reactions.

In missing I found the Keller character's reactions repellent, I never found Beckett or McKay for that matter repellent. I wish I could like the character because in disliking her my enjoyment of my favourite show is diminishing, but I can't. I wish I could tell you I love the new direction of the show but I can't. I wish I could tell you that I'll keep watching, but I can't. And there are a lot like me.

Anonymous said...

Beaucoup de gens trouvent que les bouledogs français sont moches, pour ma part je les adore ...Je pense que c'est ma race préférée. Quels sont les raisons de votre attachement à ce type de chiens ?

Avez vous un rituel avant d'aller travailler ? Personnellement je travaille à Disney Land Paris et j'aime me détendre avant de commencer la journée. Mon rituel > une tartine de nutella trempé dans un bon chocolat chaud, une bonne douche, 2 ou 3 grilles de sudoku pendant le trajet en transport en commun et une prière aux anciens ^^ ... Je souline les biens faits du nutella !!

Anonymous said...

Oh, alipeeps, you are your being reasonable and sane. I hereby revoke your fandom membership card once and for all.

I think you really do need to re-write Keller as being a member of a Sekrit Ninja Society because this whole acting appropriately as a normal human being doesn't seem to cut it. Maybe if she touches her nose her right arm can turn into a rocket launcher and flames can come out of her eyes?

I must remember that if I'm ever faced with angry cannibals that want to eat my brains that I'm not to show fear, and that having raw intestines thrust at me is my cue to tuck in a bib and making yummy noises.

If a women ever shows 'weakness' she is ripped to shreds in a shark feeding frenzy, if a man shows weakness he is clutched to the bosom of fandom and cooed over.

If it helps I took antibiotics when I had glandular fever which is apparently not a good mix and ended up looking like an escapee from a leper colony. I got to tell my mother I had syphallis and oh how we laughed as she backed over me in the car. Good times.

(ps. I did not in fact have syphallis and my mother did not in fact run over me in a car. It was herpes and an articulated truck.)

Anonymous said...

I rewatched a bit of season 1 to see what these Carson v. Keller comments are about, and came to the following conclusions:

1. Peter Grodin! Come back, Peter! Damn your calm and competence under pressure. That's why you had to die.

2. BOTH Carson and Keller are awful doctors. But, they're awesome at winding up other characters. Which leads me to this solution:

3. Why not bring in an Ancient healing machine-robot thing, laser eyes optional, to do all the medical stuff? I mean, this is sci fi. Where are the robots, Joe? Do you have any plans for robots in this or later seasons?

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,

1. I was wondering if we are going to see the asurans in season 5?

2. Which episode in season 4 will we see the new wraith cruiser you talked about earlier and showed us the concept art?


thank you,


your montreal fan

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,

Lulu is a french bulldog, I was wondering how much you purchased her for? I want to get one for my mother.

thanks again,


Benny

Anonymous said...

Steve writes: "Um, you do realise that SG-1 isn't 'real' right? It's all fantasy, and make believe? I hope you realise that at least."

Answer: Uh, to clarify, you're accusing her of overreacting when all she is doing is responding to your far more strident opinion. That's like Britney Spears criticizing Hannah Montana for dressing too trashy.

Um, Joe, i have to ask how you even KNOW about hannah montana... i love it but then again i'm a teenage girl... to hear a grown man referencing that- well, it's just a little strange...

Lady Dulcinea said...

Ooooo Alas, Babylon! I read that in high school. It IS a really great book (and not too long if I recall correctly). Put that down as my vote for December. I would LOVE to read that again.

Anonymous said...

atthecross said...
Um, Joe, i have to ask how you even KNOW about hannah montana... i love it but then again i'm a teenage girl... to hear a grown man referencing that- well, it's just a little strange...


A grown man who dresses his dogs up in princess costumes....

:D :D :D

*cringes in anticipation of suitably scathing comeback*

Unknown said...

Hmm "The River God" old book. I read that about a decade or so ago. I was expecting it to be a story set in Ancient Egypt, turns out it's a story set in modern times. Well, modern as to when it was written. Interesting to know what you think of it.

Sherry said...

I also have an allergy to penicillan (as well as many other medicines, incidently). The rash sucks but I'm glad it's not the fatal kind that other people have. Life is just a little harder when you get a bacterial infection but it's really not something you have to worry about, thankfully.

ActingChick said...

How do you have time for reading all those books, and still manage to work a full-time job, write your blog, go out to dinner constantly, and keep after your dogs, and not to mention maitain a realtionship?

I can barely get a book or two a month down. What's your trick?

Anonymous said...

As always, I love the pictures of your dogs especially the one of Maximus. He has such a cutie-pie face in that one. Sorry for being nosey but how old are your dogs?

majorsal said...

poor keller. (((keller)))

this reminds me of the carter bashing... "she's too perfect!", "she's a screw up, dump her!", "she's barely in it, why did you bother bringing her over when weir could have done it!", "she's taking over the show!!"

oy.



sally :)

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! Just downloaded my first pics from my snazzy new digital compact camera and they're awesome! Huuuuuuge and full of detail!

I'll have to start snapping pics of everything now I've got a decent camera. Hmm.. maybe I'll take a nice picture of those yummy chocolates my husband bought me so you can appreciate their loveliness from afar. Or would that just be cruel?

Hang on. No. You torture us with pics of yummy food and/or chocolates all the time! :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe !

Little SG1 question here :

If Amanda's pregnangy would have been treated like Rachel's back in season 8-9, what would you have done ? Pete as the father ? A stranger ? Jack ? And How would you integrate it in the history ?

Quilani

Anonymous said...

Will Larrin and Sheppard have a kissing session in BAMSR?

Anonymous said...

Oooh. Forgot to mention.. my snazzy new digital camera has a special setting for "food". Imagine that! Obviously you're a trendsetter Joe and the digital photography community is taking note and designing their new products in anticipation of a wave of food bloggers snapping away every time they eat out! :D

Anonymous said...

Was Carson a competent doctor who showed a lot of compassion towards his patients? Definitely. He would take charge, give orders, and comfort his patients. Keller? We know she can't give CPR (unless someone at the SGC has found a way to rearrange internal organs). When she ends up in a crisis situation (Adrift), she pauses and looks around at her colleagues with a "what the hell do I do" look on her face. When a patient needs comforting, she is callous or very aloof. (With Teyla at the end of Missing, she was downright cruel. Instead of just thanking Teyla for saving her life, Keller insists on pointing out that she gets to go home and visit her family when she knows that Teyla is extremely upset because her people have vanished. And people complained about Weir's bedside manner.)

I guess the times we saw Keller take charge and give orders don't count. I guess when Elizabeth lay dying and Keller made the call to do surgery doesn't count either. I imagine ALL the times that Keller did her job without the 'whining' doesn't count either.

You and others are basing your opinions on one episode where Keller is completely out of her element not just because she's on another planet...but because she's being chased down by canniballistic barbarians.

I spent four years in the army. In that time we had to do a lot of crap. We ate crap, we slept in crap, had to do crap and a lot of other unpleasant crap. One of our drill sergeants was a Vietnam Vet. He also used to be in an airborne unit..parachuting out of planes. The guy was as tough as anybody I'd ever known in my life. But he was the biggest girl when it came to spiders.

Keller complaining about eating the innards of some burrowing squid is no more different than my drill sergeant's fear of spiders.

We all have these parts of our personalities that act on fear. I get that way about heights and spiders. I had to overcome my fear of heights in the army...no choice in the matter...just like Keller. I understood that when she crossed the rope. Keller overcame a hell of a lot on this episode. It's one of the things episodic television does.

Keller grew and changed from this episode just as Carson did when he was there. I loved Carson and I miss him like hell, but it's disingenuous to push the idea that Keller's reactions are why she doesn't deserve to be CMO of Atlantis. Especially since those reactions are how many normal people react no matter their chosen profession.

My guess is that Carson would complain about the food Teyla was feeding him and would be a little fearful of crossing that rope bridge.

If I was to do any comparing of the two, I would say that I think Carson would close his eyes when he shoots that guy while Keller did it with eyes wide open.

AscendedTauri said...

Does Season 5's anticipated budget look bigger, smaller, or about the same as Season 4's???

Looking forward to tomorrow's new episode!

Anonymous said...

About your allergies, you might be allergic to cephalosporins...and although some are used to treat normal infections and viruses, others are used during surgery ie. ancif or keflex. First reactions can be annoying but minor, a second reaction can be severe. Take it from one who had the second reaction during surgery and it was life threatening.

Anonymous said...

Also allergic to penicillin; although my allergy didn't show up until my mid-30's. Same thing happened to my Mom; she developed it late in life. So far my baby sis is NOT allergic; my brother has been all his life from day one. Go figure.

Speaking of allergies...Anybody ever have a problem with all that Wraith make-up/latex/whatever's involved in "wraithifying" an actor?

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe. Feel free to not approve this comment (it's my first!). I felt unduly impressed to bang out my frustration.

Re: Keller

Regardless of genesis, there are three main ways to know someone, and they must all be taken into consideration when and if they are to be judged. In ascending importance, they are:
1) what the person says
2) what other people say about the person
And, most importantly (she says again for added emphasis)
3) what the person does

When I watched Missing, I watched a scared young woman take an enormous leap in her evolution as a human being with the help of a world(s)-wise friend. Yes, she was scared; yes, she was panicky; yes, she was a bit annoying. But the girl freakin' did it anyway.

That's courage. It doesn't matter if you're scared of raging cannibals or if you're terrified of opening your closet door. You face the cannibals, that's courage. You open the closet door, that's courage. You walk across the shudder-inducing, panic attack creating rope bridge, that's freaking courage.

You'll notice that not one of those things involved speaking. That's pretty much because what we say makes up very little of our actual character. Joe knows this. Carl knows this. Every single person working creatively on Stargate knows this. It behooves fans to be aware of this as well.

Keller is green. Sometimes she's very green. But Keller proved through her actions that not only is she willing to grow and leave her comfort zone, but she's already in the process of doing so. She's halfway down the track while we're still arguing about whether or not she said she heard the whistle blow.

Plus--PLUS!--we've only watched her for five episodes. I hated Fraiser after seeing her for five episodes. And then I cried like a baby during Heroes.

Oh, and the strong female character BS? As a staunch feminist, I'm very wary of men writing women's roles because so many men take the easy way out and write for the bust-butt-legs triumvirate. Doesn't matter what the heck she says as long as she looks good, right? (This is why I don't watch television.)

I'd like to thank you, Joe and Carl and the other male writers of the SG universe (that would be, what? All the writers?...Sah-NAP!) for actually writing strong female characters who, for the most part, are not defined by the men in their lives. Honestly, it's the main hook that got me into the show in the first place. "A scifi show with strong female characters?! Who aren't in cat suits?! Or crazy?! Or primarily a love interest?! Sign me up!"

Anywhat, thanks for the hard work, Joe. Very much enjoying season four, thrilled at the prospect of a season five.

HC

P.S. You, my dear sir, are a Snark God. Distantly related to Snorks, but not nearly as cute. (...or creepily sexual...)

P.P.S. Three words: Lights, darks, colors. Done.

Anonymous said...

I guess the times we saw Keller take charge and give orders don't count. I guess when Elizabeth lay dying and Keller made the call to do surgery doesn't count either.

That scene bothered me more than any other. Elizabeth and Carson were the ones who orchestrated the Wraith experiment on Michael, they were the ones who faced the nanites, those two were the ones taking the heat for experimentation and failures. For Carson to have to make the decision to infuse Elizabeth with nanites would have been heart-wrenching. Its a scene I would have loved to see, but instead we got cold-hearted Keller saying "do this or she dies." It was a scene that could have been so powerful, but ended up being a complete letdown.

*misses Carson more than ever*

Kellie said...

Do the Wraith have romantic and/or close partnerships with each other?

P.S.

Did you get my e-mail?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe (sorry if my english is not perfect, I am just a young french woman trying to do her best to be understood!), I just wanted to know, Do you read french books? Do you have a favourite french author? Do you like it when a book is adapted to the big screen?