Tuesday, November 20, 2007

November 20, 2007

It may surprise some of you to know - given everything written about me on other forums and, more importantly, given everything I’ve written about myself in this blog - that I am generally considered a nice guy. Despite my occasionally acerbic nature, I do consider myself a “people person” provided the “people” in question aren’t: a) jerks, b) idiots, or c) delusional. I’m a fairly patient guy, but I don’t suffer fools, and I am the type to hold a grudge. Maybe it’s my Italian blood, but nothing gets me more worked up than the prospect of payback or, at the very least, principled retaliation. As one of my oldest friend once remarked: “Joe is the type of guy who will get you back for that eraser you stole from him in elementary school.” A bit of an exaggeration - but not all that far off. My mercurial temperament is a source of amusement for many of my friends (sort of a colorfully endearing quality like, say, a southern drawl, an affinity for old Hammer films, or a peg leg with a hidden shotgun component), but a cause for concern (or at least genuine bemusement) for those on the receiving end of my wrathful vengeance.

Of course, the retaliation can take many forms. From killing a series concept championed by an asshole producer to cutting off the yahoo who tried to circumvent traffic by speeding down the right lane, revenge is sweet. And sometimes, even if the response is not exactly retribution in the truest sense of the word, it can be incredibly satisfying. Take today for instance when we kicked off what promises to be a memorable post-season tradition: The Annual Shredding of the Underperforming Restaurant Menus.

Lawren flipped open the file folder and held up each in turn. “Lombardo’s,”he started, “is dead to me.” Apparently, when Lawren called to ask them if they had pepperoni, the guy on the other end of the phone responded with a curt: “No.” This wasn’t Lombardo’s first non-pepperoni transgression. I suspect the owners are part of a little-known anti-pepperoni Sicilian sect. We all passed judgment. Thumbs down on Lombardo’s. Marty G. jumped up and did the honors, snapping away the menu and feeding it to the new office shredder. Marcello’s was next - owned by the former husband of the Lombardo’s owner - similarly pepperoni disinclined. It too went into the shredder. The Casual Gourmet. The verdict: a little too casual. BZZZZZT. Shota Sushi - that failed to leave a message on their business phone line informing customers that they would be closed for renovations, causing Lawren to drive down and find out for himself and, most importantly, inconvenience us with a late lunch. BZZZZZT. Toyotomi Japanese Restaurant that effed up my lunch order way back when. BZZZZZZT!

I can’t wait until next week when the upgraded industrial/human-size shredder arrives. That’s when we’ll finally be getting around to closing those actor deals. And finishing up those employee evaluations. And, now that I think of it, it would be a great time to review my financial advisor's year-end performance. On a somewhat related point, I just had a great idea for how to make the elimination night on Dancing with the Stars far more interesting.

Today’s video: Click on the date to view the Casual Gourmet menu meet its fitting end.

115 comments:

Iris said...

Sounds sweet indeed. I take almost any opportunity to use a paper shredder. Recently I presented on "Iran-Contra" for a history seminar, so I thought it appropriate to incorporate the shredder. Whether it positively or negatively affected my grade is debatable.

Question, can you hint as to which series concept (if any) was cut? If you can't answer this, then maybe you can tell us if Kahn was right in asserting that revcenge is a dish best served cold ;)

Thanks,
Royal

RebeccaH said...

gasp!

What self-respecting Italian place located on the North American continent doesn't serve pepperoni? I would think, more than shredding, such a thing calls for vendetta!

AV eddy said...

Hi Joe!

I salute your efforts to improve the Quality of your lunch! There is no reason to accept crap. I enjoyed the video - it was cathartic. :)

Also, I needed something to smile about after watching Frontline (a news documentary program - does it air in BC?). This week's episode was about the atrocities in Darfur.
:( :( :(

So...uh...how's it going? Did Fondy arrive safely? I hope the pups are doing well. My dogs (Simon & Sarah) say hi to them, if they are receptive. Gotta get back to my Stargate contest video. Hope you have a great week!

eddy

Charles Schneider said...

Off with their heads. The hammer of retribution swinging away. Who else have you put on notice?

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Everything in life can be settled with either a paper shredder or chocolate.

Anonymous said...

What the hell's wrong with Lombardo's?? Seems like a good enough place with plenty of variety, IMO. Tell him he needs to look a little further into the menu!

Sam said...

Aaah revenge is sweet... and sour.

Anonymous said...

What part of Italy is your family from? My last name is Turchiano and we're from the South, near Bari.

Thornyrose said...

Quickly checking list. Hmm, as far as I can tell, a,b, and c do not apply to me. But if I am c I wouldnt know that I am actually a and/or b also....
After the buildup it was a pleasant suprise to find the target of such (totally justified of course) ire were eating establishments. Though I find it a tad ominous that you mention actor deals...ah well. I dont recommend the human sized paper shredders anyways. they jam up too easily, especially on the phalanges and metacarpal and metatarsal bones. Perhaps a compacter instead? That allows you to work out a last second deal in the case of a more recalatrant negotiater.

Anonymous said...

I'm back.
"Answer: Molasses taffy? Hmmm. I’m dubious. I’m not a chewy candy fan."

Alright, so you're dubious, meaning doubtful, which is neither disgusted nor delighted.

So are you dubious and erring on the side of caution saying no, or dubious on the curious side and saying yes?

Or, I can offer to only send it if I do screw it up and it ends up as hard candy instead of taffy.

You can say no, but please (pretty please) actually say no. I confuse easily.

majorsal said...

hi, joe,

first, you're scary when you're all revengy and such. :p

second, i have a newbie question for you about the atlantis base. what kinds of entertainment (or escape) things are there to do on atlantis? when sam and others end their shifts, they must have places to go or things to do to really feel like they've left their work for the day. and since they can't go home to their houses/apartments... just wondering if it had ever been covered in a previous season.



sally :)

Unknown said...

Hope I never get on your bad side Joe.

I do the same to the assholes who try to cut the line by driving on the emergency lane, I wonder what makes them so damn important they can't wait like the rest of us.

Must of the time I try not to hold a grudge to the point I take revenge myself though, I believe that people pay for their wrongs, plus I don't like to give people the power to get to me, they don't deserve to have that control.
On the other hand that doesn't mean I turn the other cheek.

Good luck with the new contracts god knows I don't envy you having to deal with that.

Ps: no pepperoni? the horror!!! I do prefer prosciutto though, but must restaurants don't have it, so I make my own pizza if I want one,
I first brush the dough with olive oil, kosher salt and fresh pepper,then a little of home made sauce, fresh chopped tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, lots of basil, prosciutto and a top it with grated parmesan reggiano is pretty good, no restaurant can top that according to my husband ;)

Anonymous said...

NO PEPPERONI??!! Oh, the inhumanity!

And I'm not even Italian. ;)

There are so many things that are shredder-worthy...like the half dozen photos that one takes to get one that's not *quite* so ugly for one's passport...credit card solicitations...and the ever-popular ALMOST Great-American Novel which one started writing several years ago but never finished...stalker mail... ;)

Any of those goin' in with the menus from any of you? ;)

PapaSmurf said...

Loved the post. Revenge is sweet but all the sweeter when served a'la mode. I too have cut several under preforming restaurants from my weekly rounds. I'm Sicilian and Irish and I'am outraged and disgusted that pepperoni has been black listed at the said places. Anti-pasta salad is not complete with out it! BLASPHEMY.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it’s my Italian blood, but nothing gets me more worked up than the prospect of payback or, at the very least, principled retaliation.

My Irish heritage means that I just get drunk enough that I can't remember why I was angry in the first place. Though it can be a right pain in the arse when you come out of the pub and can't remember which car you put the bomb in.

That’s when we’ll finally be getting around to closing those actor deals.

Oh dear god, this cast has to come back for next season, not just because I think they're fab, but because I couldn't stand the rampant hysteria and internet tears that would descend across the web if they didn't. There would be hundreds of people blinded by grief and clutching their SGA dolls, staring out the window, the rain no match for their tears. AND THEY ALL HAVE ACCESS TO OOMPUTERS! Oh, I think I shed a tear myself just then.

Seahen said...

Seriously, I think you guys have too much time on your hands. Maybe you all need a second show to write for again... :)

I've been wondering though about your comments after Reunion aired about both you and Amanda Tapping concerned about the impropriety of O'Neill recommending her for the Atlantis job. Now my experience in the Air Force is that there's no way in Netu you'd get a job at that level without the recommendation of your previous commander(s) so I'm wondering why you'd both feel that way.

Beckie said...

Don't forget, after you have shredded the petulant actors, erm, I mean, large amounts of waste, it is much easier to incinerate the smaller bits to get rid of them. If you guys don't happen to have an industrial incinerator laying around the office, I suggest having one of the pyro experts help you explode the little bits in a nice display of fireworks.

Aren't shredders fun? I'm glad you had a great christening ceremony for the new office shredder.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, so that's why you don't reply to my emails! I'm on your revenge list.

Revenge, as they say, is a dish best served cold. With a pinch of salt, for flavour ... and to rub it in. You know salt in wounds and all.

So, has the issue (and if not, will it?) of the Wraith's "fear" of water/salt be addressed at all? What would happen to a wet wraith?

Franklin said...

Is that Alan's official job? Menu shredder.

I don't like pepperoni.

AscendedTauri said...

Did your past history of revenge influence the whole 'Jaffa Revenge Thing' story-line that continued through most of SG-1? :p.

Anonymous said...

Best tradition ever!

- kimberly

KirFect said...

God rest their little menu souls may they find the shady spot where they are going. Are there trees in hell?

Time for controversial question.

Do you let your lovely dogs sleep in the bed with you?

Anonymous said...

you are a crappy mail carrier you lost my package!!!! >:(

Tara K. said...

You send menus from disliked restaurants through the shredder at the end of the season, I threw chemistry texts from a particularly hated class into a bonfire when I graduated.

Revenge is sweet.

Amz said...

"It may surprise some of you to know...that I am generally considered a nice guy."

Maybe it's just me, but I would say the people surprised by that just don't get your humour. Or maybe there isn't that much humour in your comments and I just read into it too much? Hmm, which is it Joe??

Mags said...

Hi Joe,

Well, a month flew by faster than I could have imagined. My family received some bad news today, my mom's chemo treatments have not been working, so there's no point in going through them anymore. I just wanted to express my sincere thanks to you and all of the people who sent my family and I such kind thoughts. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but my mom, my brother and I always sit together and watch Stargate, so I'd like to thank you (and everyone involved in the show) for giving us lots of entertainment and helping to distract us from time to time. I know a lot of people think it's more important to sit and talk, but sometimes there's only so much talking that can be done, and sometimes a good snuggle on the couch is just as good. So thanks. And if for some reason you know of any music industry connections please let me know- one of my mom's life dreams is to meet Don Henley and I'm making it my goal to see that through :) Gotta stay positive one way or another, right?

Anonymous said...

Is Jack O'neill going to be in Atlantis this season?

Thanks,
Redoran Knight

suse said...

See, I see pepperoni as the source of all evil. Or at least my stomach does, so I'd be fine in a place with no pepperoni.. Or salami. Blech.

I'm looking forward to finding out who will be on next year's cast. I like this year's. But miss Carson.

I liked The Seer. Finally, Sam was used appropriately. And it moved the story along nicely. Nice Replicator twist.

Even as a primarily SG-1 fan - who is liking the character interactions on SGA more this year - I don't want too much of SG-1 crossing over. Sam is plenty, with perhaps a nod every now and then to others. She had ten years of history with most so it makes sense.

To the person who remarked about watching SG-1 DVDs to get fixes: *I* do. Seasons 1-8 anyway. And it has nothing to do with Jack, just decent stories. :) Jack is a bonus though.

I think Sam on SGA makes sense. More sense than ever Weir did. Too many others too often? No. SGA is about the 'A', not the '1'

Oh, and the comment about Sam being administrative head and Shep military...that's the same problem as Weir leading. No. Please.

suse

Joshua Meyers said...

Would you have written two different episodes if the guys didn't get the SCB rally on tv? Are they shelved until next year? Larrin and Ronon, any chance they could be having a couple of scenes? Is Ronon's gun indirectly a Travelers gun?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, if David Hewlett is ever ill, I think we've found our stand-in for McKay. It would appear you can be equally as scary and vindictive :)

Read on Gateworld that that Conner Trineer will be making more guest appearances than were originally announced -- most excellent. I really like how his character has developed since "Michael," and "Vengeance" definitely ranks up there as one of my favorite episodes (especially liked the camera effects).

Considering both Michael and Todd are now Wraiths-non-grata, it would be interesting to see the two of them team up and wreak havok on both the Wraith and Lanteans alike!

Anyhoo, did you perhaps watch "ST: Enterprise" when it was on? Like it? Hate it? Indifferent?

Thanks,
Jenny

Arctic Goddess said...

Hi Joe:

What did you do with your old shredder? Can we have it? We are non-profit and can't afford anything more than one of those $35.00 Staples shredders that only eat half the page and mess up the shredder. Then we have to fish out the document and shred the other side. By the time I've shredded 5 pieces of paper, the whole morning is gone. It puts a terrible dent in the time I have to be on line reading your blog instead of working.

By the way, I am preparing a shipment of various flavours of beef jerky just waiting for your go ahead, informing me that Brad and Rob have been told that they have to hire Cliff Simon for the next series. Let me know when I can begin shipments.

Patricia

Über said...

Royal_Nonesuch said...

[[snippety-doo-da]]

If you can't answer this, then maybe you can tell us if Kahn was right in asserting that revenge is a dish best served cold ;)


Added stipulation...you and/or others must perform a rendition of Kirk's "Khaaaaaaaaaahn!!!!!!!!" and upload the video of said performance for an upcoming blog.

That is, if you're game to of course.

Here's a refresher of Kirk's famous outburst, just in case you've somehow forgotten how it goes.

;)

Annie said...

Hiya Joe
My first ever comment on your blog!

Just wanted to say that I LOVED "The Seer" and at the tender young age of 45, I am proud to say that SGA is my favourite show and that my mobile phone's ring tone is the actual SGA theme by Joel.
Does that make me a geriatric fan?

Oh and there's a saying about revenge .."if you seek revenge, better dig two graves".

Nyuk Nyuk... ( I know, revenge can be lots of fun eh?).

Keep up SGA, here in Australia it's not on telly! grrr

Paula said...

So long, Lombardo's. You sleep with the fishes, now.

My only concern is that if you rid yourself of all the bad restaurants, how will we ever be treated to one of your famous rants about how awful lunch was?

Amy Lynn said...

You guys have WAY too much fun at work. :)

Anonymous said...

Not Italian here so I'm not going to pretend to understand. I do try to be on my best behavior and be as nice as possible to everyone I know. I'm polite almost to a fault. The whole 'revenge is sweet' thing just doesn't work for me, either. I'm not any good at it mainly because it would be too selfish of me and I don't do guilt very well.

Now that I've gone almost five days without smoking...it's safe to say that all of the above is almost completely untrue now. Ask my teenager who ate the last of the chocolate chip ice cream.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just responding a bit late to a slightly older post from 11/15/07 that still keeps cracking me up. I'm referring specifically to the line about "The Best Time For You To Be Kidnapped". Damn you're funny. Thanks for your daily insight into one of my fav shows.

Katheen said...

If I didn't think you and Marty G were brilliant before, I am convinced of it now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe!

I have another question:

Is it possible in future episodes or in future seasons we can see an archaeologists team in Stargate Atlantis?

I ask you that because (correct me please if I am wrong) in SG1 episode "The Torment of Tantalus", I remember Gen. Hammond gives the permission to Daniel to study the alien civilizations (history, archaeology, anthropology...) because it is useful for SGC command...

I think in Atlantis it is more useful to get and to control this type of information... isn't it? or perhaps, Daniel's task have been unuseful?

♥ANAIS♥ said...

Salut joseph =) sa va bien??

cool la vidéo=)

c'est génial d'en apprendre un peu plus sur votre personalité^^!

Aujourd'hui c'est un grand jour!!! votre blog a 1 an!! Joyeux anniversaire de blog^^! Et bonne continuation^^!!

Grossss kissou.!!!!!!LOOVEEEEE!! Bonne journée!!!!!!!!! <3

Franklin said...

Who had the idea to stick an arrow in Rodney's behind? The scene in the infirmary was hilarious.

Series 5 - are we having the Pugs as evil aliens who look like dogs? Lulu could be the good alien princess besotted by Sheppard - and he could not resist falling in love with her cute little face.

Unknown said...

did you recycle?

Anonymous said...

I've finally seen The Missing. That rope bridge looked seriously cool, and Jewel looked properly scared going across.

I'd love to have had a shot at it but I'd have probably taken a header off it by the third step. Eyesight thing, not vertigo, but if I stand on one leg and close my eyes I fall over, and that's when I'm completely sober.

Having now seen the episode I can understand the comments made about Keller. Understand not agree. I don't agree with the comments that her actions were weak or juvinile as some have thought. Her behaviour was fairly understandable, she's not a soldier or a warrior like Teyla and the others. She's new, sure she probably had all the basic training and has all the intellectual knowledge of what she was going to face. But until you've actually experienced combat or war you don't know how exactly you're going to react.

This was really her first experience with personal combat. I think that we(viewers)'re so used to all the charcters being used to combat, (even Rodney with that crazy running into the clearing firing wildly), that seeing someone who wasn't upset some people. So she didn't pick up the knife and go all GI Jane doesn't make her weak, it makes her human. And a hell of a lot more like the normal average people who watch the show.

Or perhaps that's just it, we want our heroes, the people we project ourselves on to,to be more than we are, or who we think we could be, and she was just too human for some people.

I like Keller, she's normal and has normal reactions. I hope that's there more of that this season. Someone seeing everything for the first time again. Just 'cause I think we're getting all a little bit jaded.

Thanks Joe,
Clark'sGirl

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, you ARE Italian! And here I thought it was only my husband and his family that made holding grudges into an art form.

So who do you think will cave in first and order from one of those previously deceased places, once a new menu finds its way to your offices?

Anonymous said...

1)Do Wraith have souls?

2)Will Teyla's conflicting personal feelings for Atlantis and the Athosians be a focal point for her storyline this season?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

While at Armegeddon, Joe Flanigan said that the only two major SG1 actors to cross over to Atlantis for any episodes would be limited to Michael[Shanks] and Chris[Judge]. I've gotten the impression from several different comments that he has made that he doesn't want the SG1 cast (except for Michael/Daniel and Chris/Tealc)to cross over and prefers for Atlantis to be separate. I was hoping that you could comment on this.

Anonymous said...

Ditraveler said...
"I make my own pizza if I want one,
I first brush the dough with olive oil, kosher salt and fresh pepper,then a little of home made sauce, fresh chopped tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, lots of basil, prosciutto and a top it with grated parmesan reggiano is pretty good, no restaurant can top that according to my husband ;)"

Sheesh...it's 9am in the morning and I want your pizza now!

Kimberly ;~)

Anonymous said...

Can Wraiths feed on non-humans? Would be cool to see a colony of Wraith that had splintered off from the regular Wraith due to moral reasons(didn't want to feed on sentient beings).

Kimberly

Pauline said...

They do say revenge is a dish best served cold and in my case I waited along time for revenge on my sister.

I never forgot all the books she ripped up and all the Barbie doll heads she decapitated during her Marie Antoinette phase in retaliation for childish quarrels.

Yes I had the ultimate revenge I delivered (I’m a Midwife) my sisters fifth child with out pain relief!!

Things did get a bit fraught when I asked her to give me the Enternox (Nitrous Oxide) back at one point “can’t push and breath” I told her and some name calling did ensure. I think ‘Barbaric and Twisted’ where the mainstay of her attack.
But when she gathered herself up to her full 5’4’’ and goaded me with “Come on if you think you’re hard enough take it off me.”
Okay it was at that point I whimped out, but I think to this day that I could have taken her down with a well aimed rugby tackle.
So my advise to would be revenge seekers wait, bide your time, and enjoy it when it comes.
Pauline

AntiM said...

Hmmmm, a shredder. Mine is glaring at me now, languishing from under-use. I guess I'm more of an outdoorsy type, with a preference for shotguns, burn barrels, large fires and modest explosions. Okay, I like big explosions too, but the local L.E.O.s gets really, really nervous when we do that, even out in the desert.

Anonymous said...

@Mags

I'm so sorry about your mom. That's terrible news. Hugs and snuggles are great for the soul. I hug my mom and kids a lot...makes you feel so good.

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Well, the buzz for This Mortal Coil is certainly building over at Gateworld, Joe. Fans on the edge of their seats and such, wondering what's going to happen to Elizabeth.

Considering Torri's last two episodes are supposed to be in the first half of season 4, it looks like Miller's Crossing and This Mortal Coil are our last two chances to see Torri this season.

I'm watching these two episodes, but I must admit, I'm pretty nervous about what I'll see on the screen.

I've been wagering all season (and yes, I've been watching all season) that Elizabeth comes home to her team and I'll get a happy resolution for my favorite character.

Oh, and I'm also betting on Torri returing as Elizabeth in Season 5, too.

I'm counting on you Joe. Don't let me down.

Cheers!
SMB_BOOKS

Edward4th said...

Oh Joe I can totally empathise with your lust for vengeance or at the very least karmic payback, but how much sweeter when the opportunity is handed to you on a plate.

Anonymous said...

There's something oddly soothing to the soul about the deliberate and methodical shredding of documents, especially those which have in some way offended... such as the miscreant menus.

I hope the carnage will have, at least briefly, appeased your desire for karmic retribution. :D

semisweet said...

"Revenge is Sour"

Properly speaking,
there is no such thing as revenge. Revenge is an act which you want to
commit when you are powerless and because you are powerless: as soon as
the sense of impotence is removed, the desire evaporates also.
George Orwell,1945

http://www.george-orwell.org/
Revenge_is_Sour/0.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe
Here's a question totally unrelated to Stargate: What's your take on euthanasia?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

The buzz for TMC seems to have fans on overload. I had to wait for things to quiet down a bit before I was able to post on GW yesterday, it was just that busy.

The episodes with Elizabeth have been the only ones I've been able to get excited about this season. It used to be that way for every episode. But the show without Elizabeth, just isn't the same show to me. I have been watching this season (all of it) out of respect for the other actors and because I'm a completest and don't like not knowing the fate of any of the characters when I've already invested 3 years into them. I do the same for all the shows I've spent enough time watching, even if I'm not filled with the same enjoyment I used to have while watching them.

I am staying optimistic to say that I believe there is still a lot of potential for Elizabeth, despite what has and may happen yet this season. And I do hope that whatever we've yet to see, and however it affects the character, has been done with the uttmost respect for the character as well as the actress.

If I've heard correctly, Elizabeth is only in 2 more episodes this season, both of which fall in the first half. This would mean that she'll be in the only two episodes remaining for the first half. I'm quite nervous about how things will unfold. I hope for a happy resolution to everything, as Elizabeth is my favourite character. Please don't let us down.

What can fans do to help bring Elizabeth back (hopefully) full time for season 5? Are there any plans for it already?

Thanks,
~GateByte

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe, on LiveJournal, GW, everywhere I go, I witness Elizabeth fans getting more and more excited about TMC, especially upon seeing the promo pics. 3 weeks is really too long to wait... anyways, I miss Elizabeth and I can't believe this will be her last episode of the season, I want to see much more of my favorite character, if you could make it happen, please, bring her back for season 5... :)

Allison

Anonymous said...

Nathan said...
So, has the issue (and if not, will it?) of the Wraith's "fear" of water/salt be addressed at all? What would happen to a wet wraith?


I would think the Wraith queen swimming back and forth in deep salt water in Submersion pretty much blows that myth out of the water (pun not intended but pretty cool anyway so lets just go head and pretend I was that witty). :D

It has never been portayed that the Wraith have any fear of or issue with salt water. The iratus bugs do... but while the Wraith may share a common ancestry with the iratus bugs, they have evolved a good way since then.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say to Mags that I'm sorry to hear that the news is not good about your mom. *hugs*

I think you have the right idea - cherish the times you have together and doing the things you enjoy together.

Anonymous said...

salut joe,

personnellement je n'ais pas accrochée avec les épisodes: tabula rasa et the seer; je ne c'est pas pourquoi mais ça doit être dû au faite que les épisodes ont été trop vite bouclés!!!!

et j'ai aussi la sentation que le personnage de sheppard a été mit en second plan cette année même si doppelganger est un épisode un peut centré sur lui mais bon....

pour ma part cette saison c'est comme les montagnes russe, il y a des hauts et des bas comme par exemple l'épisode missing je pensais réellement qu'il allait être ennuiyeux mais en faite pas du tout, l'épisode m'a agréablement surprit par la prestation de rachell (teyla)... je pense que ça fait longtemps qu'on attendait ça!!!!

vous prendez en consideration les remarques des fan ou vous vous en foutez!!!!

merçi!!!!
Bon anniversaire au Blog!!!!!

Dori said...

Hi

You guys are really in a snit today!!! If I ever make it out to Vancouver I'm going to have to be extra careful driving.. I wouldn't want a mad mallozzi chasing me down.. wait now.. on second thoughts that might be a good idea.

Dori

Anonymous said...

LOL, Joe...shredding menus sounds like big fun.

It also sounds like something I would do when I'm supposed to be writing and I'd rather procrastinate.

So...how's Season 5 coming along?????

WB

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,
I have really been enjoying season four! The episodes have been quite good. As This Mortal Coil is approaching, I am becoming more and more excited. I have missed Elizabeth since she has been gone. Are there any plans on bringing her back in season 5? I would be ecstatic if she returned! In the meantime I will be thoroughly enjoying This Mortal Coil, and whatever the other ep is that she is in. (And enjoying all the eps, but especially the ones with Elizabeth!) Thanks for the great show!
-Lizabeth

Anonymous said...

Joe,

I'm one of the people who's watched only a few episodes this season, not only in protest over the loss of Elizabeth, but also because the current cast, as it is, just doesn't do it for me.

I'm feeling apprehensive ahead of This Mortal Coil. I don't know that I trust you to care about the character the way so many fans do. I'd like to hope you still have some sort of feeling for the character your team created, but given the way she's been discarded with no real reason given, I can't help feeling nervous.

You will get higher ratings for This Mortal Coil than you've seen all season. I'm confident of that.

Would that show you Torri's/Elizabeth's worth? Would that make you decide she's worthy of being a much bigger part of the show in the future?

Please, reconsider the decision to dump her. Please look at the current ratings and realise that without Beckett and Weir, many, many fans are just not interested.

It's sad, but it's true. The show is not itself without those two, in particular the wonderful civilian leader that Elizabeth is.

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog (what can I say, I'm a newbie). I'm looking forward to seeing the Hewletts teaming up again, and very excited (though nervous) about This Mortal Coil. I'm really, really hoping for Weir's survival and return next season. I love the dynamic her character brings to the show and have missed it the past few episodes. Take care and don't let your penchant for revenge get you in too much trouble. =)

Anonymous said...

Since Keller's medical skills get debated on various boards/lists (particularly in regards to Doppelganger, thought you might like to know this for season 5 writing (so she'll look more competent) ;)

Here are the four main modifications in the AHA CPR guidelines:

Administer 30 chest compressions for every two breaths rather than 15 compressions for every 2 breaths.

Reduce the length of each instance of mouth-to-mouth resuscitation from two seconds to one second.

Before administering an electrical shock with a defibrillator, give a few minutes of chest compression.

Deliver only one shock, rather than three successive shocks, and then resume cardiac compression for two minutes before giving another single shock.

And it really can't hurt folks to know that anyway.

Sofie said...

Hi Joe!!

Can't wait to see TMC, I loved the pics, my shipper heart is beating faster already :D
The promo for Miller's crossing also looked very promissing! Kate Hewlett is just fantastic. Can't believe I have to wait this long to see it... (living in Belgium and all).

As much as I've loved season 4 (really impressive so far!!), I
hope you consider bringing Elizabeth back next season, since a lot of fans do miss her!! She's just part of the team, any chane of having both her and Sam there?

Ever though about going to a con in Belgium? (yes we do have cons here. Well at least one I know of..)

Greetings
Sofie
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Not to be a nag, but, we're at the end of the first half of the season. I don't think it will be too much to answer this question- is Torri Higginson in 4 episodes int he first half or not? If so, it would have to be in Miller's crossing. That, or you consider BAMSR to be in the first half. Please. Is her total episode count 3 or four?

Anonymous said...

Hi, Joe!
I haven't posted much these past months, but I always check your blog. I'm loving season 4.

I love seasons 1 and 2 and I think both are good for different reasons. I like season 1 for the overall story arc and because the expedition was cut off, so there was no contact at all with Earth. I understand that if you had kept it that way all these seasons, it would've seemed a bit too much like Star Trek Voyager. However, I'd love to see Atlantis cut off again at some point. I'd love to see them on their own again. without Earth's helping with supplies, etc. Not forever, but for at least several episodes (like 10 or 12). I like season 2 for the new dynamics Ronon brought in (I'm one of those who never cared for Ford and loved Ronon from the very first second).

I adore season 3 for the character and team dynamics, and I thought nothing could beat this awesome season. However, I find myself thinking that season 4 is beating the awesome season 3, at least so far. I'm liking the stories, character and team dynamics (for me team = John, Rodney, Ronon and Teyla), I like that we're seeing more of Lorne, I like that Radek has gotten to shine in episodes such as Adrift, I like the building story arcs... And I like both Keller and Sam (and I'm not an SG-1 fan). I think John and Sam have a great chemistry together in a professional way (I don't ship or slash any character in special, so no romantic meaning implied here).

BUT... there's always a but :)

I miss Elizabeth and Carson very much, and I'd love to see them back full time in season 5 and beyond, or at least in a recurring status such as the one Paul McGillion had in season 1, where he felt like a regular even if he wasn't one contractually speaking. I know we can't have all of them (Sam, Keller, Carson and Elizabeth) simultaneously due to budget considerations. Besides, having too many characters means less screentime for each of them, so I wouldn't like that either :) But something that would work for me is having Carson back as CMO, and keeping Keller as recurring in a few episodes per season, as Carson's 2nd in command in his department. In the same way, I'd love to see Elizabeth back as the base commander. Sam could be the liason between the IOA/Earth and the Atlantis expedition or any other role like that so she could remain as a recurring character in a few episodes per season.

As I said, I'm loving season 4, I love the show as a whole and I like Sam and Keller... But I miss Carson and Elizabeth a LOT and prefer them over Sam and Keller by far. If something can be worked out so we have both Carson and Elizabeth full time, with Keller and Sam making guest appearances or in a recurring status in 4 or 5 episodes per season, that would rock for me.

Anyway, just my humble opinion. No offense intended to those who disagree.

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to add my voice to the growing number of fans who are eagerly awaiting TMC. I know you didn't disappoint us and have given Elizabeth the dignified episode she deserves. Whether you have killed her off or had her leave the show by some other means, you would never give such a wonderful character less than a fabulous final episode.

Now it's time to think about her first episode of season 5. Her new persona as part replicator has been a resounding hit. I'm hoping you continue with her in that direction which would provide many more opportunities for drama between her and the Atlantis team. Please don't disappoint us. Chemistry like that among Torri and all the cast members should be exploited to the fullest.

Thanks for listening to all the Weir fans today. We love SGA and we love Elizabeth.

Anonymous said...

Kimberly wrote:

Can Wraiths feed on non-humans? Would be cool to see a colony of Wraith that had splintered off from the regular Wraith due to moral reasons(didn't want to feed on sentient beings).

My niece (a new convert!) and I were just discussing this yesterday. My guess is that the shock of being feed upon would kill smaller animals (and, most probably, human children **see below**). But larger animals -- cattle, horses, deer, etc. -- as an alternate food supply makes sense to me.

It would, indeed, be interesting to see the equivalent of vegetarians in Wraith culture.

****I've wondered if some of the worshippers are children who were culled and then raised in a pro-Wraith atmosphere?

Anne Teldy

Unknown said...

*waves*

I'm a bit hyper today. Sorry in advance. LOL

*cough*

You'l never guess what I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend about a con incident that her friend attended. So I know it has to be true. :P And since I know how much you love hearing about them, I thought i'd let you know what was said. ;) Did you know your namesake Mr F likes to do whump scenes? Have we brainwashed him or did you suggest that it would make his character less earnest? ;) *runs and hides*

So Mr M, I know how important your staff are and that your ultimate goal is to ensure they're all happy within the workplace. So if I may be so cheeky and let's face it, when am I not *g*? to keep Joe happy, I think you should whump Shep as often as possible. :P And don't forget that all important bit, the infirmary scene complete with team luff (for all us whumpers who apparantly like to pretend we're Florence Nightingale) ;o)

*insert her most cheekiest grin*

So I was thinking about your catagories of people you don't like! Thank goodness cheeky people weren't in there (well, not yet anyway). ;) Phew!! *wipes brow* although I think that might be because i'm in a catagory all of my own. ;o)

*giggles*

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,

Season 4 seems to be shaping up to be one of the best seasons to date. I have never felt so much anticipation for certain episodes. I am also glad some spoilers are at bay. I really think it gives the fans a lot to discuss and speculate when we don't know what will happen. So as I sit here anticipating some of the best episodes of the season, do you think Dr. Weir would have any appearances in Season 5? I think the producers like you have made her character amazing. Meaning more complex, very 3D, and very interesting. It would just be a shame that such a great-developed character will possibly not be seen after the mid-season episodes for this season. It is tough for me, because I do love Carter on Atlantis, and I know we cannot have both. In the end, even if Weir never returns which would be very unfortunate, the show's quality and creativity remains excellent. That is the most important! So far this season it has been doing that with or without certain lost characters. I think it makes the show more interesting. Still, it is nice to see characters return whether it’s a full-time or recurring role or just a guest role spot here and there.

Thanks for your time in reading my comments!

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving! Best to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Me, again.

I know you can't read fan fiction for Legal Dept. reasons, but I'm wondering about the comments here. What if someone states an idea or a wish for future storylines and they've hit on something that just happens to be in the works. Would you have to kill the storyline then? Does it depend on whether it's a minor detail or an entire plot?

An example: Let's pretend that last November when you were breaking Season 4 (is that the correct terminology?), FanX said "I wonder what would happen if the expedition members lost their memories. I bet.... [some details of Tabula Rasa]"

Would you have to go to the office next day and say "Bad news. FanX just posted the plot of Episode 6 on my blog. Said it was his own idea. So, now what'll we do? We're an episode short."

I don't want to post an idea -- such as why I think the "How to Make ZPMs" tutorial is missing from the ancients' database or my "Wraith can't feed on small children" theory (oops!:-)-- if it would mean you can't use it if you've thought of it yourselves.

Advise, please.

Anne Teldy

Anonymous said...

I wondered why we were getting all these posts about “Tori” saying why she is so wonderful. So wonderful in fact that Joe should do a “Dallas” in season five with Atlantis waking up and finding Weir back in charge.

So I went to Gateworld and looked for a “Tori” forum and found one second to last on the first page.

Looking through the posts what do I find but one from SMB_BOOKs that says:

“And, I'd like to ask that each Torri fan pop over to JM's blog today and add their own comment. Please keep it polite and professional, but don't be afraid to be direct and let him know what you want! And, please don't post as anonymous. Either use your GW name or come up with another one if you don't want to do that.
I think it would be great if we had lots of positive Weir support on JM's blog today - Weir fans, en masse, showing their support for Torri!


There may be others in the forum who made the same request but I looked no further.

I would ask those of you Gateworld folks that feel compelled to voice your support of the Weir character to redirect your effort from this blog to one of Joe's posted email address or if you can't do that put a line in the top of your post asking Joe to delete the post after he reads it.

That way Joe can see what you want and the rest of us can avoid all that fan fiction and get back to food, books and other more interesting things.

Thanks.

Pauline said...

Mags, sorry to hear about your mum. You’re doing what your mum needs, by just being there for her. So sit, relax and watch SG1 and SGA DVD’s and above all laugh together as a family.
And remember your mums tomorrow just happens to be today.
Pauline

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe

i have to say that we are much alike, i to have lots of people that i hate and want my revenge.

hope you feel better after last week
luv AtlantisQueen

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said: "I wondered why we were getting all these posts about “Tori” saying why she is so wonderful. So wonderful in fact that Joe should do a “Dallas” in season five with Atlantis waking up and finding Weir back in charge."

Well, if you were searching for "Tori" I'm surprised you found anything because her name is "Torri".

"I would ask those of you Gateworld folks that feel compelled to voice your support of the Weir character to redirect your effort from this blog to one of Joe's posted email address or if you can't do that put a line in the top of your post asking Joe to delete the post after he reads it.

That way Joe can see what you want and the rest of us can avoid all that fan fiction and get back to food, books and other more interesting things."

Did it ever occur to you that if JM didn't want people to see the messages he simply wouldn't unscreen them?

Anonymous said...

Joe,

I don't know who this would be addressed to..but how would I get a be able to purchase one of the Ori staffs?

Anonymous said...

Joe - Pardon me while I respond to "anonymous", who posted...

"I would ask those of you Gateworld folks that feel compelled to voice your support of the Weir character to redirect your effort from this blog to one of Joe's posted email address or if you can't do that put a line in the top of your post asking Joe to delete the post after he reads it."

Lots of fans post here for lots of topics. Some post about the fabulous food adventures Joe has, or the latest books he's reading. A lot of fans post here about SGA topics. For some it's Shep whumping, for others it's how great Carter is in her new role, still others love Wraith humor, some post about liking Keller, some post about not liking Keller, etc.

Weir fans are using a wide variety of ways to show their support for this character. We send letters, we send emails, we participate in online forums and we post on blogs.

It was certainly not my intent to frustrate blog readers when I asked fellow Weir fans to show their support for this character by posting on this blog. My sole motivation was to help Joe see how much support Torri really does have out there and to make a polite plea for her safe return to the team.

Our posts have been polite and respectful and I hope we are allowed to continue to use ALL avenues to express our support for Torri Higginson as Elizabeth Weir.

Thank you, Joe, for unscreening our comments and for allowing me the opportunity to respond to "anonymous." Both are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
SMB_BOOKS

semisweet said...

Hi Joe,

Random thoughts...

I got really excited today when I looked at TMC pics of Sheppard and Elizabeth together. And that totally surprised me. I hadn't realized how much I've missed seeing Elizabeth on the show until I looked at these pics today. I've been watching S4 faithfully, didn't boycott the show when Elizabeth disappeared.

Originally I started watching Stargate Atlantis because a friend of mine flashed a picture of Joe Flanigan at me. His good looks made me take a look at the show. I've been watching ever since. And that's saying something because I'm not a science fiction show fan, have never read a science fiction book in my life.

I'd like to echo what the other fans have been telling you today.
Please, please consider bringing Elizabeth back onto the show in Season 5. She's a great character and I miss her dearly.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said: (...) "I would ask those of you Gateworld folks that feel compelled to voice your support of the Weir character to redirect your effort from this blog to one of Joe's posted email address or if you can't do that put a line in the top of your post asking Joe to delete the post after he reads it.

That way Joe can see what you want and the rest of us can avoid all that fan fiction and get back to food, books and other more interesting things.

Thanks."

First, posting what other person said on another forum/blog/mailing list usually requires written permission from the author. Even Yahoo groups consider this a violation of their TOS. Since I don't go to Gateworld, I don't know about their TOS, but I suggest verifying with the forum owner if you can quote posts OUTSIDE their forum without permission. Bottom line is that quoting another person within the same mailing list, forum, etc is generally considered OK, posting what someone said in another place is not, unless you have their written permission. Did you ask this person for permission to quote him/her?

Of course you post as anonymous, so the people at Gateworld can't ban you if they feel you violated their TOS...

As for your comment, well, this is not your blog. It's Joe's. So it doesn't matter whether you like it or not. And I guess Joe here doesn't mind the comments about bringing Weir back. He wouldn't have approved those comments otherwise.

To emphasize: it's Joe's blog, not yours. It's him who decides what he wants to approve and what not. If you don't like it, don't read it, but you have no right to tell another person what he/she can or can't post in a blog that it's NOT yours.

Kimberlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Quick addendum.

Mags, sorry to hear about your mom. Sending my best wishes and positive thoughts your way. *sends virtual hugs*

To Anon about the Weir comments.

Does it really matter that SMB Books asked people to show their support for their favourite character on Joe's blog? Yes, maybe people should do it of their own volition and not have to be told/asked. But at least she's asked people to be respectful and polite, and they have, so where's the problem? It could have been a lot worse and SMB books could have said she was pissed off with Joe, and wants revenge, so everyone should spam Joe's blog. But she didn't, she was polite, courteus and she asked that others be the same. I think that's a nice gesture, don't you?

Okay I am going now. LOL

Anonymous said...

In the spirit of pro-season 5:
Any chance we may see Elizabeth Weir in the next season?

Greetz ;)

Über said...

Joe...

You shred menus from disappointing restaurants...do you do anything special to those from really great ones?

I can envision a dedicated wall in your office with a handful of tastefully framed and matted menus from outstanding eateries. Am I close? ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for listening to all the Weir fans today. We love SGA and we love Elizabeth.

Sorry I just had to comment on this statement. Are these the same Weir fans who state in nearly every post how much they hate the show, who bash every episode that doesn't feature Weir, who have wished for the show to be cancelled just because Weir isn't in it ,who spend a great deal of time in anti threads bashing other characters and tptb, who gloat when the ratings dip, and who seemed so pleased with themselves about giving SGA an F in the TV Squad poll.
If Joe says that Weir will not be back in season 5 will you all continue to say how much you love the show and remain so polite and respectful. I hope so.

Nicobar said...

Loved the menu killing. It is wonderful satisfying thing to hear a bad menu reduced to the basic components from whence they came!!

I have an idea... quarterly you should do the same thing. Just think about it....Instead of wanting to be in the Michlien guide all restaurateurs would want to stay out of your Shredder Guide!!

cheers,

nicobar

Anonymous said...

Mr. Mallozzi:

I've been a loyal fan of "Stargate Atlantis" right from the beginning and I'm also a big fan of Dr. Elizabeth Weir. I don't have to tell you how much I miss her ( and Dr. Beckett too ! ) but now that I'm visiting your blog, I'd like to know if Weir is comming back for Season 5. I hope so !!!

Best Regards;

Caldwell's 2IC
SEW Crew
www.saveelizabeth.com

Anonymous said...

Joe,

We are all anxiously awaiting TMC! Gateworld is all abuzz!

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing Elizabeth Weir again and to see what's going to happen to her. I only hope it's a storyline that has the potential to bring her back for Season 5.

I'm not sure what else we can do to show you just how much we all love Elizabeth Weir and how badly we want to see her back.

What's your thought's on fan petitions? Is it worth printing them out and sending them to you or they viewed as being immaterial?

Heck, we could bribe you? Do you like chocodiles? :P

Suz
SEW.com

Anonymous said...

Mags, I was so sorry to hear about your mum.

I know there are a few people online, like me, who have a parent, (father in my case), or a close family member with terminal cancer, where treatments aren't working anymore.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

What's got me through the horrible times so far, and I hope will do in the tough times inevitably ahead, is the thought that every day with my dad is a bonus, to be enjoyed and celebrated.

A healthy dose of SGA keeps my mind off things, and I've even got my dad watching too, which keeps his mind occupied as well! Even my mum has been watching, and I know she secretly likes Sheppard, though she is somewhat alarmed at my desire for, and delight in Shep whump. She keeps asking where she went wrong!

My thoughts are with your mum, you and your family. I think your positive and brave attitude is wonderful, and will serve you well in times to come.

Anonymous said...

Bon Joseph je vais au dodo^^!

==> Je vais faire de beau rêve de mon Joseph adoré =)

Bonne fin 'aprés midi.
......et bonne nuit^^!

Je vous envoie:
1 milliard de Bisou Bisou!!
40 milliard de calinou!!
100 milliard d'i love you!!
900 milliard de sourirs!!
..et pourtant des milliers de kilométre nous sépare .....


A demain %)

the dixon-stubblefield blog said...

Hear Hear "anonymous" - I like Gateworld but this is not the place IMO to inundate with "bring Weir back" things. Personally, I like her gone! This season has been great. Do I like every single thing? Of course not, but it's still the best show on TV as far as I'm concerned. And I'll watch it, even if Ba'al crosses over (oh, there you go, we can just feed the wraith CLONES...hmmm).

Mags - hugs! To all the US people, happy turkey day! wams352

vinsfins said...

Seriously, what sort of (and I'm assuming here) Italian restaurants don't have pepperoni??? It's like a Chinese restaurant without rice!

Unknown said...

Alipeeps:
I would think the Wraith queen swimming back and forth in deep salt water in Submersion pretty much blows that myth out of the water (pun not intended but pretty cool anyway so lets just go head and pretend I was that witty). :D

There was a swiming scene? Ok I haven't seen any of season 4. We are still waiting for season 3 to show up on the air here.

Unknown said...

Hey Joe,

I read at a con report that Joe Flan would love a plot where the Team explored Atlantis, heck I've been wanting to see something like that for a while. Atlantis is such a big place and we've seen so little of it since season 1....just think it would be neat to touch upon.

Also, after seeing previews for "Miller's Crossing" I thought perhaps we could see a tables is turned type eppy.

Sheppard and Ronon seem to do the whole rescue thing a lot (as does the rest of team sure) but I think it would be cool to have a darker episode where maybe Ronon and John are in trouble and it takes McKay and Teyla or even Carter to help them.

Kind of the science people rescuing the 'soldiers' for a change.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Joe! It's me again and more a message to you than the regular visitors, so I don't particularly mind one way or the other if you publish it or not.

Just wanted to say that my previous post wasn't prompted by what someone said or didn't say at GW. I stopped visiting that forum months ago because I got tired of the negativity and people split in just so opposite views without nothing in the middle. I thought I didn't fit so I left.

So, just by chance, I posted what I posted earlier today without knowing that it seems someone was asking at GW to come here and post.

As I said in my other post, I love the show and I love season 4 and all the previous seasons.

I certainly don't think the writing is flawless. I'm sure you and all the other writers have something here and there you might want to change too. But overall I think the writing has been very good and both seasons 3 and 4 have seen some of the strongest episodes with the best writing.

Sadly, it seems that someone like me who thinks the show is as great as ever, or possible even better, who likes Sam and Keller AND at the same time would love to have Elizabeth and Carson back... someone like me doesn't fit in forums such as GW where you either have to love Liz and Carson, hate Sam & Keller and think season 4 is crap, or you have to hate Elizabeth and Carson, love Sam and Keller, and think s1, 2 and 3 are crap.

Anonymous said...

"The very same fans, who now because of some Con reports think they should once again start pleading their case for Weir, in hopes that TPTB, will forgive and forget all of the mean spiteful comments they made here and at GW.

Good luck with that. :)"

Yeah that would be them.

Anonymous said...

"atlantis fan. said...
Thanks for listening to all the Weir fans today. We love SGA and we love Elizabeth.

Sorry I just had to comment on this statement. Are these the same Weir fans who state in nearly every post how much they hate the show, who bash every episode that doesn't feature Weir, who have wished for the show to be cancelled just because Weir isn't in it ,who spend a great deal of time in anti threads bashing other characters and tptb, who gloat when the ratings dip, and who seemed so pleased with themselves about giving SGA an F in the TV Squad poll.
If Joe says that Weir will not be back in season 5 will you all continue to say how much you love the show and remain so polite and respectful. I hope so."

While I admire the instigator of the positive Weir posts, not that I know her personally, I have to say a big ITA to your post.

The nastiness from some Weir fans at GW, not all though, but a very loud few, wishing all of the things you say above, has made quite a few very upset over there, and not helped the campaign at all.

From comments about the producers, to new actors on the show, to bashing of other fans, to even today laughing at the present ratings and wishing the show ill. It hasn't been pretty, mature or got this group of fans much sympathy from a lot of sections of the fandom.

They should've taken a leaf out of the Save Carson Beckett campaign. Be nice, respectful and inventive with a sense of humor. Something the Weir campaign has sadly lacked.

Anonymous said...

Suzotchka said...
Joe,

We are all anxiously awaiting TMC! Gateworld is all abuzz!

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing Elizabeth Weir again and to see what's going to happen to her. I only hope it's a storyline that has the potential to bring her back for Season 5.

I'm not sure what else we can do to show you just how much we all love Elizabeth Weir and how badly we want to see her back.

What's your thought's on fan petitions? Is it worth printing them out and sending them to you or they viewed as being immaterial?

Heck, we could bribe you? Do you like chocodiles? :P

Suz
SEW.com

The anti thread is all a buzz? I'm surprised to see you here Suz particularly given that you are one of the most vocal of anti s4 supporters out there. You've ridiculed the show for the last few months, laughed at the ratings and have said that you want the show cancelled. When Weir left, you were one of the most vocal posters (and I don't mean that in a good way). While i'm all for people saying what they'd like (when respectful as other Weir fans have been and have been throughout). However when certain people are two-faced, yes I include you in that. The least you can do is have the decency to own up to your previous actions and apologise for your behaviour before you start grovelling.

Anonymous said...

"But at least she's asked people to be respectful and polite, and they have, so where's the problem? It could have been a lot worse and SMB books could have said she was pissed off with Joe, and wants revenge, so everyone should spam Joe's blog. But she didn't, she was polite, courteus and she asked that others be the same. I think that's a nice gesture, don't you?"

So now that they've decided it's in their best interest to be respectful and polite all is forgive and forget. I can understand their disappointment at losing Weir, I just can't understand all the mean and spiteful behavoir they displayed toward the rest of fandom.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe
hope you dont mind me using your blog to do this... MAGS hon, take all the time to snuggle cos life is too short not to snuggle whenever you get the opportunity. I hope that you all get granted the time to watch all of season 4 together hon. And that your mom gets to meet Don.
Huggles to you all and to you, Joe and the pups.

Hugs
Wendy
John Sheppard is my happy place

Anonymous said...

"atlantis fan. said...
Sorry I just had to comment on this statement. Are these the same Weir fans who state in nearly every post how much they hate the show, who bash every episode that doesn't feature Weir, who have wished for the show to be cancelled just because Weir isn't in it ,who spend a great deal of time in anti threads bashing other characters and tptb, who gloat when the ratings dip, and who seemed so pleased with themselves about giving SGA an F in the TV Squad poll.
If Joe says that Weir will not be back in season 5 will you all continue to say how much you love the show and remain so polite and respectful. I hope so."

Can you please stop generalizing ALL Weir fans? Thanks.

Some of us still watch, some of us don't, and some only watch the Weir episodes. And just because some play in the anti thread doesn't make us against the show as a whole.

It would also help if people judge each post by itself and not lump everyone into the same pile.

If you want respect back, you have to give it.

Anonymous said...

What was everyone's reaction (at the studio) to Atlantis receiving a Peoples' Choice nomination?

Anonymous said...

*Looks at Elizabeth weir replys on your blog today*

Wow, have you ever considered telling these people, posting the same weir stuff over and over is pointless before The Mortal Coil has even aired?, even so if Weir lives or dies, it doesn't make the show bad when someone dies.

If Weir remains, or is lost so to speak, let her be, Atlantis will survive, the clocks will still tick, the air will always be the same

Anonymous said...

Oh, if you feel stressed about someone, just get a punching bag and a picture of said person and punch the bag repeatidly

Anna said...

My friend, Amber, died yesterday in a car accident and I just found out today. Could you dedicate todays blog to her?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
LOVE the show!!
Quick question?
will there be any more group bonding sessions in future episodes? you know like when joe was showing the team that football game in season 1? thanks kimberlee in alabama. Roll Tide!!!

Anonymous said...

Thor, MATE!!! the temperatures just lately have been astounding. 21C and even 26C yesterday. Nice!!

Hi Joe, I think I should warn you that the Merry Men are considering starting a local chapter of the S.P.C.S. ie Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Shepard. They are concerned about the hinted amount of Shep whump in S4 and the continued request for more, more, more from fans - especially Shep fans. The boys are not happy.

As for me, I have 2 questions.

1. S3 epi "Irresistible" has two small shrubs in the opening village sequesnce that have pink flowers. They are rhodedendrons, but I would like to know, if your greens people have the info, what genus of rhodie and what is the nursery name. The nursery name usually appears in "....".

2. In SG1, s7 (I think) the character of Elizabeth Weir is played by Jessica Steen, a talented actress. My question, when Jessica was replaced by Torri Higginson, why was the character's name not changed??

It would have been so easy to change it at the beginning of rising by mentioning that "Elizabeth Weir/Jessica Steen" had taken another appointment and that "(insert character's name)/Torri Higginson" had been apppointed as Atlantis misson chief.

Anonymous said...

Let me see if I got this right.
We have all of these Weir fans come on Joe’s blog admitting to watching only episode with Weir in them, which so far has been only 2, saying that they will watch more of the show if Torri is brought back, and the rest of us who happen to watch all of the episode because we like the whole cast and not just one character should not voice our own opinions.
Yeah, right respectful and polite should fix everything. So does this mean that they are going to stop posting in the anti season 4 thread at GW?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe.

Yes, this is another pro-Weir post. Sorry if you're tired of us.

While I was extremely disappointed to lose Elizabeth it hasn't stopped me from watching season 4. However, I can't pretend that I get the same enjoyment out of it (excepting Lifeline, which was fantastic). No matter how good the writing, acting and directing continues to be, I find something lacking.

I still maintain the hope that we will get to see Elizabeth back in some form in season 5. But if we don't, well, I doubt it'll stop me from watching anyway.

And to the poepole dismissing all Weir fans as hypocritical and nasty - firstly, not all Weir fans have ever expressed those views. Secondly, just because someone may have posted "nasty' things immediatly after hearing about Torri's recurring role in s4, doesn't mean that they think and feel the same way now.

Please don't dismiss us all because of the actions of a few people.

Anonymous said...

Nathan said...
There was a swiming scene? Ok I haven't seen any of season 4. We are still waiting for season 3 to show up on the air here.


It was in the Season 3 episode Submersion. :)

Anonymous said...

It’s good to be passionate about things and a letter writing campaign can be a wonderful way in order to instigate change. But why just direct that zeal and drive in trying to reinstate a fictional character on a television programme? Rather than just trying to shape a tv programme to reflect your own wants, why not think big and do the same for the world that we all live in instead of the one that just exists in our imaginations?

So this is what I propose – for each email or letter sent that’s about television, spare one for the real world, and here are two places to start: http://www.amnesty.org and http://www.oxfam.org. Maybe if we all weren’t so caught up in gratifying our own trivial wants the world might be a better place.

Don’t live inside a tv box, start getting angry about the real things that matter.

Anonymous said...

Hello Joe!

I would like to say this new season of Stargate Atlantis had taken really interesting turn. I'm wondering what will happen next and how will things turn out!

The show feels different, definitely darker and exciting but I'm missing something - and that's my favorite character, Elizabeth Weir. That's why I'm really excited about upcoming episode "This Mortal Coil". I'm also anxious to see how will things turn out for her, and I really hope we'll get to see more of her in upcoming season five.

I'm counting on you Joe. Give us more awesome Weir stories, just like in "Adrift" and "Lifeline" - I really, truly enjoyed those!

And Happy Thanksgiving!