Wednesday, November 21, 2007

November 21, 2007


Happy Anniversary to me! As someone has already pointed out, today marks the one year anniversary of this blog. Way back in November 21, 2006 when I composed my very first entry, I wrote:

“Unlike the last blog which focused on the show and its various behind-the-scenes happenings, this one will adopt a more scattershot approach, covering a variety of topics in a half-ass manner, ensuring that anyone checking it out in search of any one thing will come away feeling wholly dissatisfied or, at the very least, somewhat disappointed.”

Well, twelve months later, and even though I know I wasn’t able to dissatisfy everyone, I hope that, at the very least, I was able to disappoint each you at least once over the course of 360+ entries.

To commemorate the occasion, I thought I’d do something special. Not as special as a special 750 000th visitor “Virtual Dinner with Joe” giveaway of course. Something not-as-special-but-special-nevertheless. I am going to give away my (almost?) complete series run of Stargate SG-1 on DVD. I say almost because I can’t find season 10 but I’m sure it’ll turn up sometime between now and when I mail it off to the winner. And to be that lucky winner, all you have to do is answer the following questions that test your knowledge about me - or, more precisely, everything I’ve written about here over the past year - which really shouldn’t be that hard since you’re all regular readers who know this blog inside-out.

The first person to answer all questions correctly will receive the (almost?) complete Stargate SG-1 series on DVD which will ship out sometime in the New Year. If the winner resides outside of North America (in which case these Region 1 DVD’s would be all but useless to them) he/she will receive a just-as-special alternate prize that will prove just as thrilling.

Contest is open to all except relatives of Joseph Mallozzi and anonymous responders.

This may take a while…

1. Name 3 members of the League of Aliens and Mutants for Evil.

2. What was the warning on the cool Stargate Atlantis mug I received from MGM?

3. What is my dark horse football team of the 2007-2008 NFL season?

4. What did we find out we had unwittingly consumed in Japan when we ate a soup containing “milt”?

5. According to Cookie Monster’s account of a recent Games Night on Sesame Street, why was The Count arrested?

6. Name one of the ways I once suspected my wife of trying to kill me.

7. Who was my dog Jelly named after?

8. What was the title of the phony episode outline that “mistakenly” appeared on my blog?

9. What did Carl give Marty G. for his birthday this year?

10. What delightful delicacy have I likened to “tiny orange tongues”.

11. How did I kick-start my incredible weight-loss regimen of late 2006-early 2007?

12. What Marvel villain adorns my Bridge Studios pace card?

13. What mispronounciation during an audition for SG-1 villainess Adria almost had Paul, Andy Mikita, and myself on the floor?

14. What Disney movie did Carl Binder write the screenplay for?

15. What did Ben Browder say to Pierre Bernard upon first spotting him at this year’s Comic Con?

16. Name 3 authors (and their respective books) I have enjoyed reading.

17. How old was my grandmother when she passed away?

18. Name one of the fictitious anime characters (and the series they appeared in) I claimed to have voiced during a recent appearance at an anime con.

19. Name one of the top ten shows that influenced me growing up.

20. What is the name of Aloysius P. Hazzencockle’s orphanage?

UPDATE: STOP! PUT YOUR PENCILS DOWN! WE HAVE A WINNER! TO BE ANNOUNCED TOMORROW.

85 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to everyone else - I don't even know that much about myself, let alone you Joe. I can't wait to read the answers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe !

Well, happy birthday to you(r blog) !
Already a year.. WOW, and almost a year I am reading you (almost?) every day !

Well, I see you feel generous theses days. Very great present for the fans. I personnally already bought season 1 to 9 DVDs (and waiting for the 10th) so i'll sit this one out. But I'm sure you'll make someone really happy. And insane searching for the answers.

Want to make me happy ? Offer me a ticket plane to Vancouver and a full visit on the stargate sets, with a meal with the cast and yourself...

Well ok I know I'm delusional, but... hey what's life if we can't dream...

On a more do-able way to make me happy, just answer my questions :

1) If you had ended SG1 at the end of season 8 (no movies after), would have done it exactly the same way ?
2) What's your biggest regret ou mistake you have (done) on both shows (on the storyline front) ?
3) Which actor/actress you would dream to have as guest (no money or availability consideration)?
4) When do you come back in France so I can show you all wonders we have here (not only food related)?
5) If Amanda's pregnancy would have been incorporate to the story... what would you have done. And the one million dollar question... jack as the father ?

Wish you lots of birthdays on blog.

kiss to the dogs

Quilani

Thornyrose said...

Well, since I already own the series on dvd, I will forego competing. That, and while I can answer about half the questions, I doubt if i can look up the remaining answers before a winner does post. Very nice contest, and prize, and kudos to whoever wins it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Hey Joe what are the plans for Paul McGillion to come back full time in Season 5.

Pauline said...

Joe if I knew that much about you I think the word stalker would come to mind.

If anyone succeeds in answering such a diverse set of questions they deserve to win the DVD’s.
If you have the time to go back over a years worth of blogs you obviously have no life.
But on the bright side you will have ten seasons of SG1.

Humm! may be not such a bad idea. Let's see...What did Carl give Marty G for his birthday...the mind boggles
Pauline

G Alice Owen said...

Good luck with your contest. I KNOW someone will ace all the answers via the "find" feature on the browser and do well! Good luck everybody! As for me, I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog, as it lightens my spirits and keeps me thinking. Those assets are my reward. Here's to hopefully another year of "Joe-isms" and I look forward to living vicariously through your food ventures and Stargate Atlantis fun stuff. Smiles, LadyConure

OhioAnne said...

I will also wish everyone else good luck. I'm afraid that knowing that much about Joe will shatter all illusions that I currently hold. :-)

Instead I will offer a question:

If you were an Iron Chef and the secret ingredient were turkey, what would be your five courses?

Crystal said...

I can't even remember what Ben Browder first said Pierre Bernard when he first spotted him, and I was there.

It'll be interesting to see who wins the contest.

And for the Americans who visit here or any others who celebrate the holiday, Happy Thanksgiving!

the dixon-stubblefield blog said...

Whew - thank gosh I already have all ten seasons on DVD. Now if you threw in the upcoming movies, I might be tempted to go back and read through 360+ entries <:o) post the answers when someone wins!

wams352

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping by this point somewhere else has already gotten it right and that's it's not worth my time.

but damn, I want free Stargate. :(

Anonymous said...

Are you giving away your seasons because you are going to buy the full box set? Just curious XD
Im not playing cause I for one am buying it ^^ YAY!!!!!*cough* Ahem

Anonymous said...

I have only had the internet for 2months I'll have to do a lot of swotting up. Not to mention getting stupid google to recognize my password.

Unknown said...

wow. congratulations on your milestone?! are you and your blog still as much in love as you were 360+ entries ago?

Brandon said...

Sounds like you are trying to pinpoint your stalkers; As soon as they answer all of the questions and send their address, you'll know where to send the restraining order.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I'm astounded by the people who are usually "don't tar everyone with the same brush" attacking the Weir fans COLLECTIVELY for bashing season 4.

I've lurked in the anti threads on GW. I've seen the people who are in there, and to be honest, the majority are not specifically Weir fans. There's a large cross section of people in there, including people who just don't like the replacement characters. Keller for example is not the big hit TPTB expected her to be. There are plenty of people who can't stand the character.

Before you decide to attack ALL Weir fans, consider how you'd feel if people attacked all Whumpers, all Thunkers, all Daniel fans, all pro Season Four people, etc etc.

Oh, and if you're all so proud of what you're writing when you attack ALL Weir fans for things you've supposedly seen on GW, why don't you use your GW name instead of posting as anonymous?

Anonymous said...

Joe -

Wow, there's no way I can compete on this contest. I check in on a regular basis on this blog, but certainly don't have any hope of getting all those questions right.

And, Joe, I want to thank you again for allowing all the pro-Weir comments through today.

I am truly shocked and amazed by some of the reaction our posts generated.

For what feels like the 100th time.....

Not all Weir fans want SGA to be canceled.

Not all Weir fans play in the anti threads.

Not all posters in the anti thread are Weir fans. This apparently will shock some, but some of the anti's are anti for reasons OTHER than Weir being gone.

Just because a poster posts in the anti thread, doesn't mean they want the show canceled.

Weir fans who chose to share their concern over the loss of this character on this blog in a less than polite manner were criticized by other posters on this blog.

Now SOME posters on this blog are criticizing Weir fans for being polite and respectful, saying they've changed their tune to try and get what they want.

Priceless.

For the record, THIS Weir fan has not changed her tune. I was upset when I found out Torri was recurring, and I STILL AM. I have ALWAYS tried to be respectful on this blog. I have ALWAYS encouraged other Weir fans to be respectful on this blog. And, while I have shared my frustrations on GW as well as this blog, I've tried to do that in a respectful manner, too.

I do not appreciate Weir fans as a group being generalized in the way I've seen happen by some posters on this blog. And, I'm going to object every single time I see it happen. Just as I hope someone would call me on it if I did it to them (God forbid I ever do).

And, one last thing before I go - thank you to the posters on this blog, who, although they aren't part of the SEW Crew, showed their support for our right to share our views here. Your support is greatly appreciated by this Weir fan.

Cheers!
SMB_BOOKS

Anonymous said...

I feel the need to add my voice to those supporting Weir.

She is truly a wonderful character, and her interaction with both Sheppard and McKay made the show a wonderful viewing experience for three seasons.

I've watched season four, but have found many episodes lacking (Don't even start me on Missing. I wanted Teyla to give Keller a bullet to the head, and I know I'm not alone in that)

Amanda's great, Sam's a good character, but I just feel the chemistry between Torri and Joe onscreen surpasses that. The same with Torri and David.

Joe himself has said at several conventions now that he misses having Torri as part of the team.

The lead actor feels it, a lot of fans feel it. Please bring her back for season five.

Anonymous said...

Here's a thought: someone on GW asking people to channel their efforts towards this blog when it comes to supporting Weir is no different to people from any thread frequenting this blog.

Nobody's forced to do anything. Most of us are smart enough to know that if SMB_Books jumped off a cliff, we don't necessarily have to do it.

I have to speak up in her defence, though. She's been nothing but respectful towards all involved with this show. She's been nothing but supportive of Torri. And now people who most probably have another agenda decide to attack her for asking people to make polite posts here as part of the campaign?

I want to add my voice to those supporting Torri. She is a very talented actress, whose presence during season four has been missed by many. I feel that perhaps your figures of 0.9 may be an indicator of how upset people are about losing both her and Paul.

It's been said that the reason you're supportive of Carson coming back because the SCB people got you free publicity on national television, not that it's really materialised into higher ratings. Is that the case? Is Elizabeth a lost cause unless people do stunt protesting in support of her?

I'd like to think that's not the way you see it, and that you'd take the support she has through letters and through the popularity of the SEW threads on various forums as an indicator of her popularity, not whether or not people have the money to fly halfway across the world to stand outside a TV studio in NY to hold up a banner.

Anonymous said...

I think I got, like, 2. Here's hoping everyone else knows more about you than me! I hope the person who wins doesn't already have a set... that'd be weird.

From your ever annoying pal,

stargatemagic

Anonymous said...

I have to laugh about that comment from the last entry, about "Tori".

People, if you want to attack the Weir fans, at least be honest about it. Don't pretend you searched for her and found that comment from SMB_Books.

If you searched for Tori, chances are you wouldn't find much.

It kind of shows an agenda, when you put it the way you have, especially when you don't even know how to spell her name. It's Torri. Two Rs. Just so you know next time you want to attack her or her fans.

On another matter (and a matter which is of more interest to me!), what's this rumor I hear about Beckett being back for a significant number of episodes in season five? It was commented on by fans at the Burbank convention. Is there any truth to that? Did I miss a memo somewhere?

Anonymous said...

How likely is it that we will be subjected to more episodes with Weir in them in season 5?

Gwen said...

The fact that I actually seriously considered, albeit for only a few seconds, trying to answer all these questions is really rather frightening. I have got to get a life!

Tesajb said...

Gone a little crazy with the questions have we? I've already got all 10 seasons on DVD anyway so I'm not even going to try.

I'm off to the gym now to play with the new mystery machine.

Herbert said...

Are there any plans on changing the opening sequence for season 5 of Atlantis as was done with SG-1 throughout its 10 seasons?

Beckie said...

While I will eventually go back and continue to read the blog until I know all those answers, it won't be now. Beside, due to my "reward" program for not going insane and killing anybody at work (customers and coworkers alike) I already own all 10 seasons of SG-1, even if there weren't previously breathed upon by you. You aren't trying to pass on your kooties, are you? Great prize though.

morgia said...

Heuuu, est-ce que tu vas mettre les réponses sur ton blogue lorsque quelqu'un aura eu le courage (ou la folle obsession) de répondre à ton quiz? Est-ce qu'on a un plus gros ego lorsqu'on a un blog aussi populaire ou on réussi à se sentir humble quand même lorsqu'on met le pied sur le plancher le matin ? En tout cas on doit vraiment se sentir big.Ça doit être étrange comme sensation...

Anonymous said...

Well, I can easily answer #3!

Jenny Robin said...

I had written a long introduction to this, but I think it's best to just get to it. In my mind, it is now 'the holidays', so here's an early gift to you and the people who read your blog. I hope you all like it:

The Night Before Christmas in Atlantis

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the city
The twinkling lights shone, a serene scene so pretty.
The shield was raised over the stargate with care
In hopes that no enemy would infiltrate there.

Rodney & Zelenka were nestled all snug in their labs
While Lorne painted nightscapes in dibbles and dabs
And Sheppard with his Tolstoy and Teyla with her sticks
Had just finished a debate on the merits of classics.

When up in the sky did explode a great light
And a trembling of earth gave Chuck the Technician a fright
Away to the control room I transported fast
Wondering to what we should owe that bright blast.

The great light as it glowed on the city below
Surrounded the spire, a warm, soft halo.
When, much to my shock and surprise I did see
A man dressed all in red, a white beard to his knees.

With a sleek puddlejumper decked festive for flight
I knew at that moment he must be all right.
From the back of the jumper, his Elves hopped right out.
And this jolly old Santa took breath for to shout,

"Now Joseph! now Allan! now Martin & Paul!
On Robert, Carl, Brad, on the rest of you all.
Down the length of the pier, to the top of the spire,
Climb you strong, good Elves, climb faster and higher!"

As quick as a wraith dart, nary missing a step
For to dodge Ronon's glare, up the stairs those Elves leapt.
Onward up to the spire-top the helpers did climb
As Santa smirked and flew skyward, taking his time.

And then in a blinknod I heard near the gate
Voices discussing the meal which for lunch they just ate.
As I turned from the window and peeked down below
I spied those old Elves waving at me 'hello!'

Quickly they scattered as Santa's jumper came in to land.
And Colonel Carter stepped forward, extending her hand.
Santa shook it with mirth, a large bag at his feet.
He spoke not a word, but he paused for a beat.

Then with some silent signal, the Elves came to his side
And helped Santa pull his large bag open wide.
A jolly scene to behold, all of Atlantis was there.
Dr. Keller got a Josh Groban CD, Katie Brown a plant rare.

One by one they came forward, fear and hesitation melting away
For Santa had found them, even a galaxy away.
And they counted themselves lucky to be gathered together
Remembering all that in the past year they were forced to weather.

The line was winding down, the bag growing flat.
I turned back to the window, then on my shoulder felt a pat.
I spun around quickly to meet Santa's stare.
He handed me the bag and then suddenly wasn't there.

In that one short moment he was back in his jumper
The entire ship glowing from bumper to bumper.
The Elves waved goodbye and quickly scampered away
The hour was so late, it was now Christmas Day.

I felt in the bag, Santa's gift for me
It was perfect, exactly as he knew it would be
And I heard his voice shout out, "Stay together; stay alive!"
And I yelled back up towards him, "Thanks for Season Five!"

Keirberos said...

Should we suspect that this is really all an elaborate scheme to facilitate the buying of the ten-season boxset? Not that we're not grateful. ^_^' But I think I only even got the references to maybe half of those, and I'm actually one of those geeks that went back and read the beginnings blogs when I first showed up here. I know, I shame myself with my... shameful... lack of knowledge. And adjectives.

But I digress. Any chance we'll actually get to see the answers after? I suppose we could always come back and look through the comments, but I fear that my aging memory (nearing a ripe old nineteen) just can't handle the task. For instance, today I forgot to bring my lab goggles in from the car, and was forced, in the middle of chemistry (while taking a break from such fun things as getting bathed with sodium hydroxide) to return to my car to retrieve them— it was fierce I tell you, gale force winds, forty below (ninety or so, but who's counting?)... and I had ironically forgotten my sweater. Anywho. Yeah, any chance of that?

AscendedTauri said...

GAH! I know maybe half of those answers..... and I've only been reading your blog regularly for the past 3 months. STILL, a fan since the beggining of Stargate though.

Doesn't matter, apparently someone got the answers right already! Holy man!

Are you going to watch the Packers (hopefullly) beat up on the Lions tomorrow!?

Annie said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Didn't even know there was a blog until a few weeks ago.

Forgive me!! I do have all three dvd sets of SGA so ... cut me some slack.

Seer was excellent. Good to see some Wraith humour..

Oh and what would be nice to send you and the SGA cast from Western Australia to say thanks for entertaining me?

Michelle said...

Oh my god, I was up to #18 when I saw the update. Now my family hates me and my Burbank con report won't get written for another day and my knee is sore from sitting and... oh god. I would say I hate you but I have only myself to blame. :)

On a positive note, visited Vosges chocolates in Las Vegas today. My sister is half way through the box of caramel marshmallow chocolates already. To die for. I haven't opened any of the intriguing bars yet, but the sampler package will guide me.

Anonymous said...

NOOOOO! I just finished the questionnaire! With date references and everything!
Curses!

On a happier note, do you know where I can get good chocolate in Toronto? I'll be in town in a few weeks, but I wouldn't know where to find the good stuff.

Jenny Robin said...

I have returned from Memphis (obviously), but wanted to post that silly poem first without complicating it by a review of the tasty barbecue I ate while there. I'll post a short review sometime tomorrow evening, if I'm not too lethargic from turkey over-consumption.

In the mean time...

Happy Thanksgiving to all to whom it applies...what the heck....Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, regarless of whether or not you celebrate it!

Unknown said...

I agree with pauline, and the first anonymous post.
I do already own season 1-8 in my mind sg1 finish season 8, the rest was fun to watch too, but for me the end of 8 was the perfect ending.

Anonymous said...

I'm in awe of anyone who can keep blogging for a year. Especially when some of the comments make you - well, me, really - feel like I should suit up for a game in which I'll be trying to block Lawrence Taylor. (Old school all the way, man.) But your blog always gives me something to keep laughing about all day long, so Happy Birthday to T&T, R&R, and thanks for the memories. :)

I've been wondering if someone nabbed a sweet deal on lift tickets by naming a character Davos. Can we expect North American sports venues to be equally represented in upcoming episodes? *g*

PG15 said...

Hehe, hint taken Joe. I gotta say though, this will be a very interesting contest indeed. I thought I had a pretty good handle on your blog (ask around Gateworld; I have the reputation of having almost an encyclopedia-like knowledge of your blog), but I was only able to truthfully answer 3 or 4 of them. All I know is, whoever wins (if anybody does), I'll either be jealous, or veeeery suspicious.

Anyway, it didn't feel right not to say *something*, so here it is:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE'S BLOG!!!

Anonymous said...

you can get season 10 in wallmart thats were i picked up my one to.
dustin

K8T said...

Hi Joe!!
I forgot to say in my previous post. Happy Anniversary to you and your blog!!

So, what did you do to celebrate? Did you have a nice dinner out?

Thanks for the awesome procrastination tool in the form of your quiz. Yep, you guessed it I'm still procrastinating from completing my term paper. I have to admit that I had to make good use of the "Blog Search" box and the "Find" function on my web browser to find most of the answers. See! I'm not a stalker. Thanks for the fun time Joe; I love a good treasure hunt.

Are you planning on heading south for Black Friday? I have a family member who is brave enough to go. I don't think its bravery, more like insanity.

-Katie

Anonymous said...

Great prize, Joe! Especially for the season 1-3 DVDs. They're probably still in their original shrink sealed wrappers, aren't they?

Mags said...

Happy anniversary! Keep up the blogging :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - happy bloggaversary! Congrats to you, Joe!

*would add all manner of balloons & dancing bananas here but they wouldn't work, so just use your imagination*

Oh and congrats to the already-decided winner. I just got to the point of naming "Baron Destructo" in the quiz when the 'stop press' stopped me in my tracks. Good. Don't like to make a ijit of myself by answering questions wrongly!

So, how's the S5 brainstormin' going?

In honor of the upcoming festive season, here's a new twist to "the First Noel"...

"The first Joel
the Ancients did say
Was to a certain poor Sheppard
In fields as he lay..."

It's all about the whump, you know.

-Dana

Anonymous said...

Well I see somebody have won the SG1 Season 1 though 9 box sets.

Would Joe like to comment on something I found on the GW forum. Some loon thinks the way to improve the Stargate franchise is to remove it from the Bridge Studio in Vancouver and move the whole thing somewhere else with all new personnel. Obliviously the said loon have no idea how much it cost to move the production location of a long running show. This reminds me of the enforced move of the X-Files to LA that doomed that series.

Happy birthday to the blog. How do you find the time to do it?

Anonymous said...

It’s good to be passionate about things and a letter writing campaign can be a wonderful way in order to instigate change. But why just direct that zeal and drive in trying to reinstate a fictional character on a television programme? Rather than just trying to shape a tv programme to reflect your own wants, why not think big and do the same for the world that we all live in instead of the one that just exists in our imaginations?

How very, very patronising and arrogant of you.

Exactly how do you know that the people involved in any of these fan campaigns don't do exactly that? As someone who has done their fair share of passionate letter writing in the fandom sense I can assure you that we are precisely the group in any fandom who are most likely to have other real world causes we expend as much or more energy on contributing to.

I have actually found it is the arrogant, lecturing couch potatoes parroting "it's only a TV show" and ridiculing any and all voices of dissent that are by far the most likely to have no interest outside of their own comfort and their incessant toadying to any PTB foolish enough to enter into fandom waters. Funny enough you don't tend to find them working behind the scenes on the various fandom supported charity initiatives either, though you'll generally find a few from whatever the latest "cause" maybe.

How about this, why don't you stop making spurious assumptions about how others live their lives and take a good hard look at your own? Are you taking your own advice? Because I've always found that a little bit a passion tends to give people energy for all of their interests but negative naysayers tend to be that way in all facets of their lives...

Anonymous said...

5) If Amanda's pregnancy would have been incorporate to the story... what would you have done. And the one million dollar question... jack as the father ?

Yes because the subsequent courts martial would have been so much fun, non?

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe congratulations! :)

I hope and I wish we can read your funny blog so many years!

About your contest, it is a good idea but excuse me, I can't participate because I don't know all the answers...

But I tell you, I have bought all the seasons from Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis!

Ivana said...

Hey Joe!

Happy Birthday to your blog!!
Wow, and I still have to read all the posts before April.

Take care!

Iv

Anonymous said...

Happy One Year Blog Anniversary!

I love your blog and I do hope you keep it going... It's nice to see behind the scenes on SGA, get to ask questions, enjoy your humour, see a bit of you life and interests... And your dogs, of course!

Thanks for doing this - looking forward to another fun-packed year!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Joe,

Félicitations pour votre blog, 1 an déjà et quel succès!

Bon je vois que tous les fans de Torri se sont donné le mot pour exprimer leur tristesse de ne plus voir Weir et pour vous demander son retour dans la saison 5. Même si je ne suis pas de leur avis, je comprends leur démarche. Ils aiment Weir et c'est normal qu'ils veuillent qu'elle revienne.

Je vous avoue que de mon côté je suis fan de Carter, depuis le premier jour de SG1, donc c'est vrai que j'aimerais que Sam reste le leader d'Atlantis mais si ça ne devait pas être le cas, Je continuerai à regarder la série (avec une pointe de tristesse c'est vrai) mais je continuerai car c'est un fantastique divertissement.

Je suis désolée que certains fans se fassent la "guerre", beaucoup de propos, que ce soit contre Torri ou Amanda, m'ont choqué. Je crois que certaines personnes devraient relativiser les choses. On dirait qu'aimer Weir empêche d'aimer Carter et vice-versa, c'est ridicule.

Je voulais vous demander, est-ce que Torri ou Amanda ont été blessée par certaines remarques qu'elles auraient pu lire? (Enfin si elles vous en ont parlé bien sûr)

Bonne journée,

val

Anonymous said...

To Jenny Robin -
LOVED your poem. Loved it, loved. Way to go!

Congrats to the contest winner, wherever you are.

WB

Meils said...

Too ... many ... questions ... aagh.

Anyway, question for you. Have any of the cast ever refused to say a line because they felt it was ridiculous (not because it wasn't something the character would say). Go on, name names :)

Meils

PLoker said...

Ah the blog is growing up so fast.. 1 years old, exciting. I didn't get a chance to enter the contest and without looking around for the answers I would have been able to answer 4 or 5. Not too bad... I'm at work and starting saying the answers out loud... I'm getting weird looks.. LOL

How's the weather today? Here in Ontario (K-W area) it's snowing, with sleet. I was late for work as the Bus was 15 mins late. Ah well I'm not working tommrow but have to travel to Toronto so here's hoping it clears up.

Happy Americian Thanksgiving to all those who reside South of the border.

Anonymous said...

"emily said... There's a large cross section of people in there, including people who just don't like the replacement characters. Keller for example is not the big hit TPTB expected her to be. There are plenty of people who can't stand the character."

Okay, i have to say it. i happen to really like keller. i liked beckett but i like keller equally. same with carter and weir, although that may just be because i'm relatively new to the stargate world and i don't see much reason to dislike the new characters.

as for posting anonymous, some people don't have a GW name or anything, or they could just be like i sometimes am and feel too lazy to actually type in a name. =P

Anonymous said...

I'm writing this with kids, animals & some pretty sad Broadway presentations on TV from the New York Macy's T-Day parade screeching in the background (c'mon, really, who is going to pay to see a musical of the movie "Legally Blond"?!!)
Anyway, congrats & thanks for the persistent effort! I've found this blog to be simply great, I've read every entry & looked at all the pix & vid. Fortunately I already own all the Stargate DVD sets so I'm not upset you've already got a winner.
I also have to say this blog draws some pretty interesting reader comments. Stargate Atlantis = one of the best shows on TV. I miss everyone who's now gone, especially Peter Grodin. These characters were so well written and the actors great who played them, left an emotional impression as if they were real. But unlike reality, happily some people get to come back! I remember 1st hearing that Dr Weir was going to head the Atlantis expedition and thinking, "Gods, why her again??" it was a pretty shaky leadership IMO. But John Sheppard didn't know her from before and found her leadership and intelligence level mostly to his taste. I think Elizabeth will be a much better character as leader of the Pegasus Replicators ;) and I definitely look fwd to the return of Carson Beckett.
Happy T-Day USA!! DD

Anonymous said...

Lt.Col.Errandboy said... "The first Joel
the Ancients did say
Was to a certain poor Sheppard
In fields as he lay..."

It's all about the whump, you know. "

haha! i like your style. :)

jenny robin... wow, i half want to say you have too much time on your hands, but the other half that wants to say YOU GO GIRL definitely wins out!! =P

Becky L said...

Just taking a few minutes to say Happy Anniversary to the blog and to you Joe. Thanks for all the time you've taken to answer questions, tease us and give us glimpses into the behind the scenes fun.

Very nice set of questions. Congrats to the winner.

Anonymous said...

I've been a fan from day one, and I haven't been active in any fan campaigns at all, but I can't tell you how exciting it is to see the pictures of Shep and Weir from TMC.

I've been plodding along, watching this season. Not thrilled with some of the things going on with the characters, but not being overly vocal about that.

Seeing Torri and Joe in those pictures, though? I want her back. As soon as possible.

You're doing it for Paul, please, please do it for Torri as well.

I know you were one of the people involved in the decision to get rid of her, and you've said before you're proud of that decision, or words to that effect. Are you also proud of the ratings, because when people feel alienated, they drop.

Please, please, please bring her back.

Aelfgyfu said...

Happy anniversary!

I do hope you'll post the answers too, so that the rest of us don't have to go combing through your blog (because in at least my case, that's just not happening).

♥ANAIS♥ said...

Salut Joseph =)


Je vous le redit......;
Joyeux anniversaire de blog =)
Votre est génial! Merci beaucoup d'y consacré votre temp =)

Mon blog aura 1 an le 9 février^^

Ohh bah snif alors! je voudrez tellement répondre a ces questions mais elles sont en anglais et j'ai du mal a comprendre=(


cool les 9 saisons!! moi j'ai plutot les saison d'Atlantis et mon cherie a Sg1^^, on se compléte^^!

Bah moi je suis toujour a l'affut de la 750 000 visite....=D

Mes questions:
1)Vos chien on deja eu des chiots?
2)Quel métier réviez vous de faire enfant?

Bon aller KIsou Kisou !!!
a demain! Merci beaucoup!
LOve lOvE! <3

Anonymous said...

Being in the wrong timezone sucks. *sigh* Ah well.

Just wanted to say Miller's Crossing is looking more and more intruiging from the promo clips on e.g. MGM's website. How dashed inconvenient of those inconsiderate Yanks to have a national holiday and deprive me of Stargate for a week! Really, it's just not cricket!! :D

Anonymous said...

Happy blogging aniversary JM, keep it coming

luv AtantisQueen

Anonymous said...

Dear Joe,

I heard that the Elizabeth-Fans seem not vocal enough, so this is my voice and I hope you will hear it.
I really tried to give season 4 a chance, but after watching the first 20 minutes or so of "Reunion" I turned the TV off, because seeing the show without my favourite character in it just made me sad. And because it's TV and supposed to give me pleasure and not heartache (at least not a heartache of the depressive kind, I don't mind suffering a bit WITH the characters), I decided not to watch anything without Elizabeth in it.
By making the move you did in "Adrift" you created so many exiting possibilities for Elizabeth, please make use of them and don't miss this opportunity and I'll be an ecstatic viewer once again!

Best wishes,
Trinity

Unknown said...

um... do people not notice the Search Blog option at the top of your site?

You kept my daughter and husband busy seeing who could find the answers the quickest. The 13 year old won. Now if only she could win the DVD's.

Thanks for letting us know what's happening with SGA. You live a lucky life.

PapaSmurf said...

Congrats to the winner. I was going to try to answer them but I just bought the box set of all 212 episodes. Anyway happy thanksgiving.

vinsfins said...

Happy Anniversary Joe!!! Many Happy returns of the day!!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said:
my sister brought up a good point... why no mention of Jonas (and his future seeing abilities in "Prophecy") in "the Seer"?

There's a good reason for that. Atlantis can't be unique and stand alone if there are constantly remarks like "Oh, something similar to this happened at the SGC" "I read an SGC file" "SG-1 encountered something similar to this" etc. I was cringing in the scene with Keller, waiting for her to say something about Jonas, and was immensely relieved when she mentioned Rodney's encounter with the ascension machine instead. For once, Atlantis' own history was referenced instead of rehashing SG-1.
A different Anonymous said:
Will he get to speak russian with Zelenka?

I hate to nitpick, but for the record, Radek doesn't speak Russian. He speaks Czech.

On a final note, this marriage proposal. I am curious; very curious. My family and I have come up with many possibilities as to who it could be, and while I know you won't confirm any (because that would spoil it), I'm going to throw them out there anyway.
My sister says it's going to be Ronon and Keller, and by the pics from Quarantine, I'm inclined to agree. I know who I'd love to see get together, but as my mom pointed out, it's not likely to happen.
However, there is one possibility I must strongly hope it is not! Please, god! Not Rodney and Katie Brown! I have nothing against Rodney, but Katie is nauseating.
Anyway, loving Season 4, and despite what others have said, I like Keller. I may miss Weir, but I'm keeping an open mind about Carter. But please, can we keep the SG-1-character appearances to a minimum. Don't get me wrong, I liked the show, but Atlantis has its own story and its own characters. It doesn't need all these cameos. I get it, there are people who can't get over SG-1's cancellation, but that is no reason to turn SGA into Atlantis:SG-1.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Mallozzi,

- I'm wondering if you're planning to bring back torri in the next season?

- Do you know Claudia's next projects?

- Farscape is back with webizodes, are you a fan of the show?

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Just thought I would add my thoughts to Dr Weir's departure from Atlantis - hopefully not full time. I have been an SG1 fan since day 1, and then became a huge SGA fan and my favourite character is Dr Weir. I thought that her character brought a sense of realism to the show and she was a strong and compassionate leader. I can honestly say that I haven't felt the same excitement about season 4 as previous seasons and I genuinely miss Elizabeth's character.
PLEASE bring her back for some episodes in season 5. I had the great pleasure of meeting Torri last weekend and there was a huge number of Torri / Weir fans who echoed my feelings. Weir has a huge fanbase and I believe she brings a lot to the show.
Thanks, Meem (UK FAN).

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was me that was the previous anon person that just got quoted and bolded up there - I must stop forgetting to put my name on things! Otherwise I miss the chance of being called arrogant, patronising and prone to making spurious arguements. Which would be sad.

I wrote a very long, and probably arrogantly patronising reply, haha, but decided to be good and I'll keep my mouth shut. I know, it's a first! What I will do instead is to thank you Joe for putting together a blog that's keeped me entertained, is a lot of fun, and oh yeah, had something to do with some tv show that I watch. Happy Blogaversary!

Unknown said...

I'll be less smutty this time and more succint. ;)

Jenny Robin, that was fab! ;o)

MichelleK said...

Hi Joe,
Happy Bloggery! :-)
With S5 being renewed, I'd like to join others and ask for the pleasure of seeing Weir/Torri in some sort of capacity in the next season. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Will there be any more sacrifice by Atlantis personnel in the name of the greater good?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr M!
Greetings from Tipperary!
Firstly, Happy Anniversary to your blog...And wow those questions are tough! Good luck to the winner!
Delighted that Marty G is going to do a post-screen Q and A...is it possible you could hold this over til the episode BAMSR is screened in Europe, ie a couple of weeks after US screening here on Sky One? I know that most of the blogger comments come from N America so I am probably in a minority here but worth a shot!

Thank Mr M.

( PS am still curious about your tooth!)

Shirt'n'Tie

Anonymous said...

Since bloggers seem to be asking for what they want here, may I ask that we don't have Weir back?

I like the cast changes. I've adapted and think you were right in the decisions you made, Joe. I don't want to have to get used to more changes again.

I like Carter in charge and I like Keller. I'm ok with Beckett popping back. But Weir? No. The show is better without her, I think. And Weir fans, though I sympathize with your view, don't blast me for having a different opinion to some of you. If it's all right for you to praise Weir here and ask for more of her, then it's all right for me to ask for the opposite, isn't it?

Happy Birthday Joe's blog, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Amz said...

Congratulations on your year of blogging Joe.

I haven't been reading for the whole year, but I've been methodically going through your entries trying to catch up to where I started reading, so that's something.

Anonymous said...

Joe those questions arent fair, someone has to either know you intently or be a stalker to answer all those o_o

i could answer oh a few, my memory is bad at times

Anonymous said...

merry christmas to your blog and a happy new year

Anonymous said...

I thought I would add my opinion to the request to bring back Weir. I was never a huge fan of Weir as a character or as a leader but got used to her over the years. Didnt really care either way about Carter joining SGA as she wasn't a fav of mine either. But I have been blown away so far by the difference in Sam's leadership over Weirs. The biggest thing that has stuck out for me is how professional they are compared to Sheppard and Weir. Weir was never up to the task and seeing a civilian in charge in a time of war just became too unrealistic. Sheppard seemed to act a bit immature around Weir and she seemed to treat him like a naughty little boy on too many occasions. So it was quite the eye opener seeing Sheppard and Carter act as equals and listen and defer to each other. There is a respect and understanding that always seemed lacking with Sheppard and Weir. So to sum up I am one fan who is delighted with the changes in season four and so far this season is shaping up to be the best, thanks to these changes. So to be blunt I am all for keeping things the way the are and have no inclination to see Weir in a leadership position again. I have gotten completely over her now and really see no need to bring her back at all. The writers struggled fitting her in during season three episodes and I don't want to see them trying to force her back into the show just to please a few fans.

morjana said...

Hi, Joe!

Your blog has been nominated -- in several different categories -- for the 2008 Blogger's Choice Awards!

Woo-hoo!

Best Food Blog

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/15224

Best Celebrity Blogger

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/13934

Best Entertainment Blog

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/13931

The "Blogitzer"

This award will be presented to the blogger who demonstrates the best writing ability on his or her blog.

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/12047

Best Blog Design

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/13933

Best Blog of all Time

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/13932


I've voted!

:)

Morjana

Anonymous said...

kelly85 said: "you've said before you're proud of that decision, or words to that effect."

Excuse me, but where did you get that from? I've been reading Joe's blog since the beginning and I don't recall him saying anything like this.

Can you provide a link to the source?

If it was a fellow fan who told you this, I'd suggest checking the info before posting this kind of remarks. Whenever there's a con, an interview or anything where an actor, writer and/or producer speaks/writes something, many fans get their words twisted in incredible ways to fit their own agendas. Maybe it's not on purpose. Maybe it's an unconscious process, but really, I lost count of how many times I've seen people in fandom claiming a certain actor, writer or producer said this or that, and when I check the source (aka: original interview, original audio file, original vid, etc) it turns out that these fans are getting everything twisted.

crazymom said...

Bravo, jenny robin!

Anonymous said...

Sis here...

How is it that you know so little about your family?

Dad had, and I have an allergy to penicillin as well as any drug in that family... now you do as well. I had my first reaction when I was in my 20's.

I have (also since my 20's)a slight fruit intolerace... canteloupe, honeydew, eggplant - ok, one vegetable - and yes, pineapple. Did you excercise after consuming the fruit? There are excercise induced fruit allergies.

Coming soon: Watch out for stress induced excema! Good luck.

semisweet said...

Happy B-day to your blog! You've put a lot of work into it this past year. Go ahead and take a bow, Joe! You deserve all our applause!

Interesting that you chose SG:1 DVDs as the prize and not SG: Atlantis. Hmmmmm... explains a lot of things.

Happy Turkey Day, my fellow Americans!

Anonymous said...

Shirt'n'Tie said...
Delighted that Marty G is going to do a post-screen Q and A...is it possible you could hold this over til the episode BAMSR is screened in Europe, ie a couple of weeks after US screening here on Sky One? I know that most of the blogger comments come from N America so I am probably in a minority here but worth a shot!


Given that the US is taking a 1 week break for Thanksgiving and Sky1 isn't, by the time BAMSR rolls around, the UK screening will actually be only 4 days behind the US! :D

Mel said...

Wow, Joe. I must say that I am impressed. An entire year and you didn't miss posting a single day?!? Wow. Congratulations are in order, methinks. So, do you think we'll see another entire year of Daily Joe?

Cool prize, too. Though, I already own seasons 1-9. That, and I just finished reading your blog from yesterday, so I missed it, anyhow.