Very late blog today as I was dealing with Stargate matters. So short and sweet tonight as I give you the bullet points -
* Martin Gero has agreed to do a post-Be All My Sins Remember’d Q&A on this blog.
* I think I may be allergic to pineapple.
* Less than 45 000 blog visits to go until lucky 750 000 and that virtual dinner.
* The Seer ratings held steady, matching the previous week’s showing for Missing.
* I have to pick up my wife at the airport tonight and I seem to have forgotten her flight number.
This blog is dedicated to future birthday boy Johnny E and Elizabeth’s sister Caroline.
Today’s pics: Awwwww. Puppies!
Today’s mailbag:
Anonymous #1 writes: “Are there plans for Teyla to be in Season 5 or for her to leave with her child and lead her people?”
Answer: Teyla will be in season 6.
Cat writes: “Where does one find deep fried candy bars in the Greater Vancouver Regional District...er, Metro Vancouver area?”
Answer: Go to Wing Nuts on Main Street.
Royal Nonesuch writes: “Has anyone on the SG writing staff ever considered doing a holiday themed episode?”
Answer: Not seriously.
Spankys writes: “My sister-in-law wants to get a pug. […] Is there a difference in temperment between males and females?”
Answer: The females tend to be kinda bossy.
Jasmine writes: “BTW I meant to ask have you ever been to Chambar on Beatty St?”
Answer: I have and had a so-so lamb. I should go back to give it another shot.
Anonymous #2 writes: “Have you lied to us yet again Joe?”
Answer: When you accuse someone of lying, you really should provide corroborative evidence to back up your claim. It’s like me calling you a cretin and then simply moving on to the next comment without so much as bothering to acknowledge your question.
Beckie writes: “You and Marty G. are a prime example of what happens when geeks are allowed to have cars and money and free time - “
Answer: Be afraid. Be very afraid.
42 writes: “Lastnight, after I had closed the shop, leaving only one shutter partially open so that I could leave, turned the lights off and was clearly counting the cash in the till to *close*... a guy sticks his head under the shutter and asks "Are you closed?". This is not the first time this has happened... suggested future response???”
Answer: Sure, crawl on in.
Zabadoo writes: “Is it possible that there was just something about the death of Carson, that we don't know yet, like, for example: his body was never found or something like that where everyone on the show knows but doesn't mention until later?”
Answer: If his body was never found, the audience would know.
Anonymous #3 writes: “We find out that 3 months has gone by - and still there is no attempt made to rescue Weir.”
Answer: When Sheppard approached Carter about mounting a rescue, she told him that he needed to come up with a workable plan that she could get behind. He hasn’t.
I Love Joseph Mallozzi writes: “Y'a t'il une langue que vous rêvez d'apprendre?”
Answer: Japonais.
LibKat writes: “Have you tried Xocolate organic chocolate from San Francisco?
What address should I use to send you a gift of chocolate?”
Answer: I haven’t. But no need to send chocolates. Stargate Atlantis - 2400 Boundary Road, Vancouver, B.C. V5M 3Z3
Elizabeth writes: “Do you celebrate the US Thanksgiving Day (November 22)?”
Answer: In Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving in October - and Christmas in mid-July.

98 comments:
Finally! Now I can go to bed. I have to get up in 7 hours, you know!
Martin Gero for Q&A great!!!
Lately maximus looks a lot like a puppie to me ( I always think is anew puppy), must be the angle you are shooting him, or maybe hangging with lulu is rejuvenating him.
What ever happen to the new puppy you were getting?
Elizabeth writes: “Do you celebrate the US Thanksgiving Day (November 22)?”
Answer: In Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving in October - and Christmas in mid-July.
Celle-là est vraiment bonne, je l'ai ri de bon coeur!
I think I may be allergic to pineapple.
As long as you are not allergic to walnuts-I'm happy. No one on staff is-are they?
Thanks for the heads up about Martin Gero's Q&A for BAMSR! I'm looking forward to that one.
Why do you think you might be allergic to pineapple? It's a shame; it's a tasty fruit!
David Hewlett mentioned being allergic to pineapple in an interview or at a con----can't exactly recall.....something about his lips and throat swelling up and his father having to drive him to the emergency room.....doesn't sound fun. Be careful out there Joe.
Martin Gero Q&A = all kinds of awesome.
If you are getting fruit allergies.. watch out for mangoes. Dh discovered he was allergic last year after eating a lot of it in a fruit salad.
Hope you don't find more allergies popping up.
Order the cod next time at Chambar. Oh and the short ribs for appies. :)
Hurray for a Martin Q&A! Alanna = dancin' in the streets
Ahh, that mid-summer Christmas. Nothing like toastin' some bubbly on the beach watching Santa and his eight tiny reindeer perform waterski pyramids to the tune of Feliz Navidad.
Here's a pug-related question for you: I'm in negotiations with my own PTB for a dog...would you recommend a pug for a first-time owner? Eventually I'd like an army of large-breeds, but I'm thinking I should start small. =P
This is just a drive-by first comment in your blog because I wanted to say how amazingly neat it would be if Atlantis were cut off from Earth and started taking more of an organizational and leadership role in Pegasus. It'd be really interesting to see how that'd make the expedition more desperate and change up the dynamics.
Anyway! Great season four!
"Hey, what happened to all the donuts?" -Joseph Mallozzi, Actor-
I started watching SG-1 again about a month ago (I am already on season 5 episode 12 "Wormhole X-treme!") and recognized you in this episode. I had asked previously if you had ever been in the background of the show. I now have my answer.
Oh, allergies... try being a grain-intolerant vegetarian ... (go ahead, mock - you know you want to!) God, I miss corn!
Speaking of allergies ... One of my colleagues was about to try the "chicken" at a work thing the other week - he was lifting it to his mouth as he asked, "I wonder what it tastes like?" (after wondering if it was really chicken at all). My boss suddenly yelled, "LEMON!" and slapped it out of his hand. He's allergic to citrus. As my boss was marvelling at the close call, all I could do was say, in astonishment, "You're just like Rodney!!!" When I got home I told my flatmate, and she said, "He's just like Rodney!!!". Oh, Joe. You've ruined my brain. I used to be quite intelligent, now all I can do is relate everything to Stargate: Atlantis. Thanks.
What Crazymom said about being able to go to bed...thank you for taking the extra time to answer the mailbag. I trust you made it to the airport in good time to be waiting for your wife. Will she be amused at your having forgotten her flight number, or will she simply look at it as JM being himself? Great news on Mr. G agreeing to do the Q&A. When will we learn more about the stargate matters you were dealing with?
I hear ya with the late days. I was at work until 9:30! Can you say 12 hour work day?
Mendocino was... misty. I can't even speak about the terrible restaurant going experience I had there. Just thinking about it depresses me.
I think my camera would have exploded had I dared to take a picture of the food.
Hi Joe:
Since you are talking Canadian holidays, try explaining Boxing Day to our American friends.
Can you please tell Rob Cooper and Brad wright that Ba'al would be awesome in the next series? I'll send you a years supply of beef jerky...
By the way, I hope you found Fondy. Or poor Joe might have more than pineapple to worry about.
Patricia
Are constant spammers in the running for 750,000 special internet prize.
Yahoo messenger at all? Webcam?
As far as you know:
1. Has the 3rd SG-1 movie been pitch and approved? 2. Do you think that Martin Gero and Carl Binder could handle the show if you left 4 SGU or died or had some debilitating injury preventing writing? If not who would you call in to handle it if Coop and Writer had their respective hands full.
Carter and Sheppard, now there's a match but 'don't go there girlfriend.'
7y'rs on the run, is Ronon finally getting some rebound action with Kellar? or is he a little past the rebound stage?
Why not have Carter as lead administrator and Sheppard as the military commander like with Weir?
Any chance of an AU episode, i hear Robert P. and Rainbow S.F. are itching to be in Stargate(lies) but pleaaaaase????
* Martin Gero has agreed to do a post-Be All My Sins Remember’d Q&A on this blog.
I am gleeful, as exhibited here: \o/
Dear god about the pineapple. Stay very still, don't move a muscle, now remain that way indefinitely and hopefully you wont fall down the stairs, dislocate your shoulder, contract allergy #458, detach your retinas... Did you back over a Nun in your car and not notice? Check your tire tread for bits of black cloth (it's okay, I can say this coming from Catholic stock. Right now my mother is wanting to wack me across the head, and yet doesn't quite know why).
Reduced back to reading season four scripts I'm rewatching Season Three from the beginning. How I love that season, and then Season Four started and eclipsed even that. By the time Season Five comes along I'll be dead, imploded from unsustainable fangirl squee. Which would be sad, if not messy.
Hey Joe, how does one break into the TV/Film industry? Where would a university student like myself with very little experience in the field start off?
If it was guaranteed and affordable, would you ever clone any of your dogs?
Glad to hear that the ratings are holding steady for original showing day. Are they increasing nicely on +3 and +7 or remaining the same on original day?
Teyla will be in season 6
Hmmmm. Typo? Or cunning scheme to whip the fans into a frenzy of speculation? Do I detect the sinister hand of Baron Destructo in this...? ;)
Joe,
Absolutely love your doggies! How cute are they!
Allergic to pineapple? Food allergies suck! I'm allergic to beans! I'm also hypoglycemic! Just like Rodney! So i have to eat every 4 hours!
Wow! Joe, your not having the best month are you!
Cathie
Answer: In Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving in October - and Christmas in mid-July.
*cough splutter* I was taking a sip of tea when I read this and it tickled me greatly. So much so that I am now preparing to celebrate easter in December and dispense with Christmas altogether.Speaking of which it would be nice to at some point see an Atlantis Christmas what do you say?
Anonymous said...
Have you lied to us yet again Joe?
When watching 'The Seer' (which by the way was very, very good despite the fact that it is a season 6 SG1 rehash of ‘Prophesy’ with Jonas and the whole vision thing) I realised that we only had one more episode to go before Torri's last confirmed episode. And yet I remember reading that Elizabeth was supposed to be in four episodes.
Torri herself has stated (and did so again this weekend at Collectormania) that she is in 4 episodes this season. So if you're accusing Joe of lying, then you're accusing your beloved Torri of the same thing.
fififolle said...
Can I also just say, I had a sudden and unexplained need to ask you to do whatever is within your power to have Dr Zelenka in as many episodes as possible, with lots and lots of lines and adventures. Thank you. :)
Sudden and unexplained? How strange! I had a similar urge on Saturday... maybe it's some form of subliminal advertising?... ;D
The number of people saying they miss her, they want her back, and they don't get excited enough to watch live anymore would scare you. And for every one of them, there'd be about 100 people who weren't there who feel the same. I wonder how many of them count in the ratings, JM.
Right, because the fans who are devoted enough to the show to spend their time and money going to show conventions are really representative of the general viewing public. They're the ones who count in the ratings. :)
Bonjour Joe,
Je viens à l'instant de voir "The Seer", wow quel épisode, certainement mon préféré avec "Tabula rasa".
Il y a tellement de choses que j'ai aimé dans cet épisode qu'il serait trop long de les citer.
Mais j'ai tout particuliérement apprécié les scènes avec Carter. Elle devient de plus en plus forte dans son rôle de leader.
J'aime aussi beaucoup l'interaction qu'il y a entre elle et John ainsi qu'entre elle et McKay (mais ça ce n'est pas nouveau).
J'ai l'impression que cette saison, les relations entre les personnages sont plus abouties et c'est un bon point...on avait déjà ça dans Stargate SG1 et maintenant ça arrive dans Atlantis.
Je voudrais vous féliciter vous Joe mais aussi toute l'équipe et les acteurs pour ce très beau début de saison 4. Vous avez fait un travail fantastique et chaque épisode que je regarde m'apporte un réel plaisir, merci à vous tous.
Puis-je vous poser une question?
Avez-vous déjà contacté Amanda pour la saison 5? Si oui a-t-elle accepté ou pas d'en faire partie?
Vous aurez compris que je fais partie des personnes qui apprécient la venue de Carter sur Atlantis (bien que j'appréciais Weir également, je pense qu'aimer Carter n'est pas imcompatible avec le fait d'apprécier Weir),
alors s'il vous plaît Joe, Carter sera-t-elle là dans la saison 5?
Bonne journée,
Val
Hey Joe!
Now that we know Micheal Shanks has been offered some time on Atlantis (he said so), what's the plan for Paul McGillion.
* I think I may be allergic to pineapple.
LOL....ok McKay!
Do you have a real reason for thinking this or did a pineapple tick you off? ;~)
Kimberly
If you recieve a Book of Mormon in the mail to the studio... You can thank me... I like to use their website for little pranks like these... The Mormon's once rocked up to one of my old school teacher's house because of this, even though I selected the option to NOT have a representive sent over... persistent people.
Royal Nonesuch writes: “Has anyone on the SG writing staff ever considered doing a holiday themed episode?”
Answer: Not seriously.
Now we're not talking about "A very Brady Christmas" or something like that...but seeing the SGA people celebrate whatever holidays they would normally celebrate would be nice. Maybe the Canadians celebrating Thanksgiving in Oct. and the American's celebrating it at the correct time in Nov. (Just kidding...but some ribbing of McKay would be in order by Sheppard). It could be as simple as the mess hall serving a special meal for the holidays. Maybe once in a while Zelenka could mention a Czech holiday and it's significance, such as Nov 17-Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day or May 8-Liberation Day.
I know if were on Atlantis I would at least have a small Christmas tree in my room. Even if I had to decorate it with strings of popcorn and homemade paper decorations, I would have one. I would love to see what presents people got for each other while being stuck in the Pegasus Galaxy, especially what McKay would think up...lol.(actually it would be weird/funny if he actually gave thoughtful gifts as he thinks a lot of his Atlantis family) And how Teyla and Ronon would react to being included, even though they don't believe in Earth holidays/religions. Or how they would react to Earth having so many different religions/holidays and how some countries are peaceful with different religions and some kill over them. (eh..ok..that's probably too in depth)
It just seems odd that no one EVER mentions holidays. It would be very cool to see what holidays Teyla and Ronon celebrate and how they are the same or different than ours. Doesn't have to be a big deal made out of it, but in reality, people would celebrate these things to feel more normal and connected to home. Our service people celebrate the holidays during wars, why not mention holidays once in a while in Atlantis?
Just a thought. ;~D
Kimberly
At least you remembered that her flight got in tonight...I have been standing at the airport waiting for a flight that wasnt due till the following night. That was an interesting phone call "Hey! Where are you, I am the airport waiting to pick you up" ... "(silence)... my plane leaves tomorrow." ..... "oh crap"
Hey Joe, thanks for the Birthday shout out. I am leaving on a jet plane today (well maybe a turbo prop) So I was wondering, if a place was so-so or not so great, do you give it another chance? If so how many? Thanks! I tend to be a one and done person myself.
Hi again Mr M.,
Greetings from Tipperary,
Delighted to hear Marty G., going to do a Q and A! BTW, I came across something on YOUTUBE of you singing lyrics to Stargate SG1 ( I assume it's from a DVD feature) My question, are there any "lyrics" to Atlantis? Did Joel Goldsmith cover his ears when he heard same?
Enjoying THE PLAGUE,
Shirt'n'Tie
Hi Joe!
Why does the Atlantis expedition not carry Zat guns? Surely they'd be a more effective weapon to use against the Wraith.
So, in reference to the episode with the proposal in it, I’ve finally figured it all out (with help from my husband, who will deny all involvement if asked!):
Teyla is pregnant and her love interest is missing, but the Athosian culture frowns on babies born outside of marriage and she is worried her child will be ostracized ... so Ronon offers to marry her, only to be interrupted by Rodney who says *he* should be the one to marry her (this is after the break-up, death of, or over-wise disastrous end to his relationship with Katie). Of course, John then protests, "Hey, *I’m* the team leader, if anyone should marry her it should be me!"
The conversation is overheard and the rumour spreads quickly, within five minutes there is a long queue of eligible (and not so eligible) men waiting to ask for Teyla’s hand in marriage. She uses her bantos sticks to beat them all off and show that just because she is pregnant doesn’t mean she can’t still kick everyone’s butts ... and with ease at that!
Wandering away from the groaning men she has conquered, she finds herself outside Todd’s cell. Todd asks her what is wrong and after she tells him, he also offers to marry her. Teyla considers this briefly before asking him his real name. Reluctantly, he tells her, and she says, "Oh no, I couldn’t possibly marry someone called 'Fluffy Wuffy Rabbit of Death'." And so she leaves him, heartbroken and rejected (aahhhh).
The day before the baby is due, Teyla still has not married. The rumours of her situation has spread throughout the galaxy, nay, the universe even. And then Hermiod returns (he was delayed returning to his home world and so missed the big explosion, he then spent several months mourning the loss of his people, but as soon as he heard about Teyla’s problem, he hightailed it back to Atlantis).
To everyone’s shock and surprise, Teyla agrees to marry Hermiod, and they are wed later that day ...
Meanwhile, suffering from the break-up, death of, or over-wise disastrous end to his relationship with Katie, coupled with his rejection by Teyla, Rodney spirals into an emotional black hole and ends up proposing to ... ... (drum roll) ... Laura Cadman ... erm, okay, so *now* this is getting a bit *too* silly even for me ...
So, Mr Mallozzi, sir, am I a genius or am I a ... (very sad fangirly with far too much time on her side) ... genius?!
In Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving in October - and Christmas in mid-July.
Ah and how many people are actually going to believe this...sadly probably quite a few...
Sounds like your day was a tad on the hectic side. See, this is why I like my radio job...I work at a little station out in the country and it's hardly what you'd call a pressure situation. :)
Hope you found Fondy all right! Or perhaps Lulu would have to share her spot on the doggie bed. ;)
Just a curious question...how often or how quickly does the last episode in a season get modified when you're picked up for another season? I mean...I assume end episodes are loosely written at first in case it turns out to be your very last episode ever, but I'm also assuming that it could be turned quickly to a cliff-hanger when the next season pick up is announced...what's the process/thinking there? Since we now have a lovely season 5 to look forward to. :D
pineapple? i pity you. it's one of my favorite foods in the universe. i was a pineapple for halloween last year actually. but seriously are you allergic to like everything? amoxicillin/penicillin (if you're allergic to one then you're probably allergic to the other; trust me on this one) and now pineapple too...
"Riley said...
Oh, allergies... try being a grain-intolerant vegetarian ... (go ahead, mock - you know you want to!) God, I miss corn!
Speaking of allergies ... One of my colleagues was about to try the "chicken" at a work thing the other week - he was lifting it to his mouth as he asked, "I wonder what it tastes like?" (after wondering if it was really chicken at all). My boss suddenly yelled, "LEMON!" and slapped it out of his hand. He's allergic to citrus. As my boss was marvelling at the close call, all I could do was say, in astonishment, "You're just like Rodney!!!" When I got home I told my flatmate, and she said, "He's just like Rodney!!!". Oh, Joe. You've ruined my brain. I used to be quite intelligent, now all I can do is relate everything to Stargate: Atlantis. Thanks."
you're not the only one, my friend. my sister doesn't even watch the show but from being around me so much i hear her relating things to stargate. and i drive everybody crazy by quoting stuff every time something vaguely related comes up. hlarious story, by the way. :P
"* I think I may be allergic to pineapple."
Awww...I feel your pain. Still eschewing yeast and eggs here. When I was diagnosed food-sensitive, the literature led me to this conclusion--
Too much of a good thing is a bad thing!
Change of subject:
Holy Hannah! I'm in the STOP-LOSS trailer!
http://www.paramount.com/paramount.php
(Film menu scrolls horizontally, click on "Trailer" under STOP-LOSS)
Towards the end, there's a scene where the lead is crossing a marble-columned lobby. I'm in the background on the left side of the screen, short hair, skirted suit, with a tall man who's carrying a briefcase.
This was shot in late summer 06 at the Driskill Hotel in Austin, TX, USA.
Gilder
What was your reaction to Pineapple I myself recenly noticed a funky reaction. My lips swell and get all bloody.. it's really gross and hurts BAD!! Considered eating it for the heck of it during halloween to scare the children but thought that might be too much.. LOL
I really kind of love your dogs. They're so cute. I want one. A dog, not one of *your* dogs.
Then again...
No, no, I kid. Mostly. Lulu is very cute...
Also, I will mourn for you if you are allergic to pineapple. That makes me sad.
"is Ronon finally getting some rebound action with Kellar? "
No, no, no. Ronon wouldn't bother with someone so meek and immature!
hey Joe!!I just watch The Seer and i saw the pictures on Carter's office. I was just wondering: Is there someone who's gonna be curious and ask a few questions about the pictures?!!!?!If so, in what episode?
p.s.: I'm going to Vancouver for the Holidays!!!! Woo ooh!!
(1st time poster, long time reader)
Allergic to amoxicillin eh? No worries, I feel your pain, but it doesn't mean your allergic to penicillin period! (Of course, I'm not a doctor, so I don't know your medical history, heh)
If you are allergic to pineapple, are you concerned about the other crew threatening you with pineapples if something doesn't go there way?
Dear Joe,
First I'd like to say Awwwww! for the puppy pics. :D
Sorry to hear that you might be allergic to pineapples. That really sucks. Just a suggestion, just don't take a chance and sample here and there. You're allergy could get worse. Nothing serious, but I learned the hard way.
Was the remark of Teyla coming back to Season 6 a typo or is Rachel taking a year off to be a mommy?
hey! so just wondering are there any plans to introduce some more nationalities to the team? Ireland hasn't really gotten a mention, we are so much better than Scotland, just kiddin! :)
Just wandering by... *waves hi* since I'm off the rest of the week for Thanksgiving. Actually, I'm terrified of being the 750,000th! What would I wear? What I would I say? Mostly, what would I EAT? My daughter (she's 5) loves looking at "the food guy" blog, but our family has far less adventurous tastes! So anyway, I will probably lurk when you get closer to the big 750. *scurries away and hides*
S6 Sounds Good To Me
Hi Joe,
I have a question. Since you have written some of my favorite scenes between Sam and Daniel (and I know that you are a S/J and D/V shipper), I was curious how you view the relationship between the two characters when you write scenes for them? Do you write them as Sam and Daniel having a very close friendship, do you write them as having more of a deep brother and sister relationship, or do you write the scenes and Amanda and Michael fill in that certain 'vibe' that you were hoping to achieve when you wrote the scene in the first place?
Will Kanan have more intricate storyline than has so far been indicated?
I think I may be allergic to pineapple.
You know, I think I am too. My lips don't tingle or bleed, but I get an incredibly horrid stomachache that makes me want to die. Same with bananas. Which sucks, since I love both those fruits. The funny thing is, these allergies suddenly appeared a couple of years ago.
I also developed a mild case of lactose intolerance in the last 5 years or so. That sucks, too.
What's with suddenly developing an allergy anyway? Weird.
Anonymous said...
Hey Joe!
Now that we know Micheal Shanks has been offered some time on Atlantis (he said so), what's the plan for Paul McGillion.
Same question about RDA/Jack.
Thank you for the blog dedication to Caroline. It really cheered her up.
Cute dogs, but the third picture (of the little dog with the big ears) has me a bit worried. She looks like she is about to bite.
Sorry to hear about your possible pineapple allergy.
No holiday-theme episode? No Hanukkah episode? Bummer.
Sheppard still hasn't come up with a rescue plan? After three months? Man, I would hate to see what his college GPA was.
You celebrate the Canadian Thanksgiving Day in October. I thought so. I have a great-aunt and great-uncle who live in Canada and they celebrate the Canadian Thanksgiving Day. However, they celebrate Christmas in December, like most people. You're kidding about the Christmas in July thing, right? Thanks.
Your dogs are adorable little sausages. *smooches*
Salut Joseph!
Merci de m'avoir répondu, vous ne pouvez pas savoir a quel point sa me fait plaisir. Oui, moi aussi j'aimerais apprendre le Japonais.
45000 visite...soit
10000 visite pendant 4 jours.
Une moyenne de 2000 visites par jours
Donc la 750000 devrais arrivais entre le Mardi 27 Novembre et le 1 Décembre....
hé oui j'ai tout calculer^^, j'ai même marquer les jours sur mon calendrier^^!
Jespert que vous n'êtes pas allergique au ananas car c'est super bon!^^
euh...teyla dans la saison 6? quel saison 6?
Bon aller kisou!!! je vous love!!!! a demain! bonne journée!
I've just begun to read your blogs, very enjoyable. Been reading in reverse order, so this feels like some bizarre reverse time warp.
I read the mailbag questions with interest; wishing I had something insightful and clever to ask, but no. All I can think of is who does the laundry on Atlantis? Here's the best personnel the galaxy has to offer, dedicated scientists, geniuses, military warriors, but what of the poor schlub who makes sure their socks match and their underpants are not starched? Is this like the Very Best Laundry guy ever? Who volunteers to go to the Pegasus galaxy to do the wash?
"In Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving in October - and Christmas in mid-July."
Dunno about Thanksgiving, but we always celebrate Christmas in July.
It's cold and, well, we don't have that strange fluffy white stuff that falls from the sky but all the stores collude and there are Christmas trees everywhere.
Christmas in December is for lazing next to the pool bemoaning how hot it is.
Dee in South Africa
Hey Joe,
Have you caught Tony Amendola's recent guest spots on Dexter?
Hey Joe,
So glad Fondy's back home. I'm sure you missed her:) I love seeing pictures of your pups. My husband had previously promised me we could get a dog when we get a house. We close on December 19th! He better keep his end of the bargain. I debated a French Bulldog at one time, but I'm afraid I love bigger dogs. So I am eagerly awaiting my little boxer:):) I hope Fondy goes online soon so we can patronize her....wait....that came out wrong.
Joe, the pics are great!
Please wish me some luck on my "History of Pharmacy" exam for tomorrow. Thanks!
Take care!
Iv
Vos chiens sont trop mignons.
Est-ce que le général O'Neill apparaitra dans la saison 5.
Tell me Joe do you see a pattern emerging here at all?
The abstract pains and hard to pin down allergies.
Pineapple I mean come on what wrong with the ubiquitous peanut.
Ananas comosus [pineapple]-- dermatitis when juice rubbed into skin, have you fore gone your asses (please god that's how it's spelt) milk bath in favour of a pineapple bath.
Good news it’s very rare to be allergic to chocolate (wahooo!!)
Spankys writes: “My sister-in-law wants to get a pug. […] Is there a difference in temperment between males and females?”
Answer: The females tend to be kinda bossy.
Pugs and people who’d have thought we were so close.
Anonymous #2 writes: “Have you lied to us yet again Joe?”
Joe said :It’s like me calling you a cretin and then simply moving on to the next comment without so much as bothering to acknowledge your question.
The sign of being put down by a consummate professional is that it takes three weeks before you realise you’ve been insulted.
I like your style.
Stupid half hour
over! Pauline
I was told I should email my letter to the studio but I thought it would be easier to contact you here.
Dear Joe
On fête réellement le noël des campeurs d'un bout à l'autre de notre beau pays ?? :)
Joe,
Michael said you'd contacted him about appearing in an episode or two of SGA next season. Have you contacted Ben Browder? If not, are you planning to? I'd love to see Mitchell and Shepherd together in an episode!
Answer: Teyla will be in season 6.
And Weir will be in season 8. Sorry Joe, can't let that go. By the way your puppies are adorable!
hello
(1st time visitor, hence, 1st time to comment)
i can't wait to find the time to read all of this blog, it's huge I know !!! but still i'd like to read every word here, in the same time i can't wait to find out any new information about the next atlantis episodes and season(s), and about the new show (SGU) which i found out about it few weeks ago, anyway, the quistion here is, and it's not for you, i just want to blow it out to nowhere, how on earth Dr. Bakett is coming back? i hate to think about an ascension or ascension-related theories, this is going to be tricky i guess.
good luck with that, though u don't need luck here i guess, ;)
farewell everybody, and Godspeed...
As frustrating as it must have been for you guys, Operation Magenta was hysterical! So thanks for that! LOL
Sorry to hear about the pineapple! A friend of mine had a weird reaction to oranges and pineapple once because of his medication, on the off chance that that random story might help you at all :)
Ha. Season 6 for Teyla. I wonder. I'd love it Rachel took time off to have with her baby. It's perfectly reasonable.
But wait for her fans to go ballistic, even if she was to take time off of her own accord.
Awesome doggie pics, as always. Lulu is just precious, and Bubba..or is it Jelly? looks so put-upon. Life is a bear when you're a pampered pooch, you know. And dad with that camera always in hand....
Maybe someday when you're bored you could snap some closeups of jelly and then bubba and post them next to each other so that those of us who care can learn to tell them apart.
Season Six? I wish we already had that news.
Loving Season 4 in the meantime.
WB
I have to put my 2 cents into the complaints about the new uniforms. I spend a lot of time staring at them on pause for fun. At first they didn't bother but eventually I realized why they seemed off: it was because you guys really missed an opportunity to improve the believability of these characters. You should have given them a uniform like this:
http://img.nrk.no/img/395500.jpeg
I'd also like for you to consider some of the band members for guest roles. They'd bring a lot of beauty to the show.
Will the return of Michael reveal any shocking revelations?
*waves*
Ah Mr M you wound me with no hat trick. ;) Oh well, there's always next time! :o)
*huggles for Marty G* Tell him thank you for doing his thoughts. *does her happy dance*
You know when you said, "I think I may be allergic to pineapple." My tired and weary brain read this as, "I think i'm allergic to people."
I've finally lost it. LOL
*hugs*
Oh, in my earlier post, I forgot one very important comment about THE SEER...
WOO-HOO! Chuck is back!
WB
Question about your dogs:
By the look of her, Lulu is pure, concentrated evil. (when the evil is that cute, it's not necessarily a bad thing)
1. Is she the leader of your little pack?
2. Does she currently have any plans for world domination?
Hey Joe!
Haven't been here in a while. Had some computer problems and RL in general has been a pain. Things are looking a bit better now though.
Can I just say.......I thought I was the only one who had misadventures in stores like Best Buy. I had a good giggle reading your story.
Loving the puppies!
I'm also loving Season 4.
A Michael question......what, and how, does he eat? Can he eat normal human food without getting sick now that he's Wraithy again, or has he fed on some of his creations Wraith-style? Poor dude....he's all messed up! Also, if he becomes injured or ill, who would take care of him since he's not trusted by either the humans or Wraith?
Have a great day!
Joe-
Did you see the SCB Campaign made the Official SGA S3 Companion? Yes, your favorite campaign took up a good chunk of the two pages dedicated to fandom "The Fans". Photos (yes, plural) included! You can see the glory at the links below.
So now that you all are spinning stories, surely Carson has at least been thought about now. Can to share how you are leaning?????
http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0
http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1
Christmas in Australia is always in the Summer. December is the middle of Summer. Imagine though 40C (100F for our American friends) and some poor bastard in that thick red coat trying to be merry!! Interestingly (maybe not) we also do Christmas in July, just so some peple can experience what it's like to have Christmas in Winter.
Patrica, boxing day is easy. It's the day after Christmas and we set up boxing rings to beat the crap out of all the presents - and people - we didn't like!
Hi Joe, In your blog someone asked you if Teyla would return for season 5 and u said she'd be back for season 6 does that mean the Rachel wont appear in season 5 at all beacuse she had her baby, or you guys dont have any plots for Teyla next season?
we want Joseph Mallozzi Q&A and dedicated post for Episode 10!
BRING CARSON BACK!!!
Only 45,000 left to go! The tension is rising
kellie (I think) said
I have to put my 2 cents into the complaints about the new uniforms. I spend a lot of time staring at them on pause for fun. At first they didn't bother but eventually I realized why they seemed off: it was because you guys really missed an opportunity to improve the believability of these characters. You should have given them a uniform like this:
http://img.nrk.no/img/395500.jpeg
I'd also like for you to consider some of the band members for guest roles. They'd bring a lot of beauty to the show.
Hmm, they'd be timely for the Xmas season, but otherwise might be a tad bit obvious when trying to hide from the wraith.
*gasp* Joe, you fiend! Why didn't you tell us about Bambam getting married?!
Give him a bear-hug from his fans next time you see him!
Are there any more changes to the cast coming in season five? Maybe swap out Shepard for O'neill??
UPGRADE!!
Are there any more changes to the cast coming in season five? Maybe swap out Shepard for O'neill??
UPGRADE!!
Or maybe those of us who watch Atlantis do it for the SGA cast! Go watch your SG1 dvd box sets for Jack.
As I throw stuff in a backpack to head to San Francisco for a few days - what's your general packing style - everything in the carry-on or do pack everything except the kitchen sink?
Are there any more changes to the cast coming in season five? Maybe swap out Shepard for O'neill??
I'd rather swap Lorne for Sheppard!
"Ha. Season 6 for Teyla. I wonder. I'd love it Rachel took time off to have with her baby. It's perfectly reasonable.
But wait for her fans to go ballistic, even if she was to take time off of her own accord."
Unlike fans of a character I won't mention, Teyla fans don't come across as angry delusional whiners who believe their favorite character was written out to destroy their favorite ship by TPTB.
"But wait for her fans to go ballistic, even if she was to take time off of her own accord."
You mean like the Weir fans?
Who assumed that Weir was written out to make room for Carter?
The very same fans who have made it their lifes purpose to try and ruin the SGA fandom for very one else.
The very same fans, who now because of some Con reports think they should once again start pleading their case for Weir, in hopes that TPTB, will forgive and forget all of the mean spiteful comments they made here and at GW.
Good luck with that. :)
Rumor has it that the whole John and Teyla chemistry thing is put to an end. Is that true?? Because it would be ashame if it did. They have such a good dynamic in the show. I know Teyla is pregnant and everything but could you reconsider it? I'm a really big fan of Atlantis and its characters. Thank you!
Oh, and comment about your niece being "shy OF you" (That doesn't even make sense.") was hilarious. Strangely, that's not the first time I've heard that phrase.
"Unlike fans of a character I won't mention, Teyla fans don't come across as angry delusional whiners who believe their favorite character was written out to destroy their favorite ship by TPTB."
______________
I hate to burst your bubble there, bub, but I whine like frelling baby!
My long-drawn, high-pitched keening could make a monk break his vow of silence. Watch as my whine-up stylings work it's magic:
Omg, why are they smoking hot? I love Teyla and Michael together. Why can't Michael be with his mainsqueeze? Everybody and their mother knows he's got a thing for warrior princess. Why can't Michael be the father of Teyla's baby? All he wants to do is be close to his lady love...and it would be such a cool story.
So, you see! Us Teyla fans can whine just like the best of them (smile).
Yo, but seriously man...all that stuff I said before...why can't it happen? Lt. Sheppard got to snog like a million and one ladies. Give Teyla a piece of the action. Girls need love to, you know and Michael is more than willing to give her what she needs.
(Whelp...that's the end of my whine-fest. C-yah folks!)
Hi Joe,
How did you pick Kanan's name? Everytime I see it, I think "Conan the Barbian."
Also, can Michael manipulate Teyla's mind to make her think he's human again? I'd love a sequence where she's talking to him and suddenly the Wraith melts away to reveal the human inside.
Did anyone get a chance to meet Gerard Butler from "300"? The dude is just plain foine!
Post a Comment