A late blog entry today as I’ve been on the phone all day talking to everyone dealing with everything. And, ultimately, settling nothing. However, I did take a break to allow my phone to recharge - and check my yahoo accounts.
I came across an email to Baron Destructo from poor Lady Jenny Peters who only has two weeks to live and is looking to bequeath her sizable fortune to, as she put it: “you/church”. Bless her heart. The Baron wrote back:
“Dearest Lady Peters,
Sad is the news that you only have two weeks to live. Even sadder, then, that your email languished in my inbox for three weeks before I happened to notice it. Sorry about that.
Hopefully, this little note finds you well and, specifically, well enough to sign over your $2.5 million dollar fortune to me. Given the fact that you narrowed your choices of possible benefactors down to either myself or the church, I applaud your decision to send the funds my way. In truth, it inevitably amounts to the same thing as our respective goals or not all that dissimilar. While the church is interested in saving souls, my associates and I are interested in freeing souls from their earthly shackles and sending them on their way to whatever afterlife awaits them be it Heaven, Valhalla, or another kick at the can as a dung beetle or morning radio host. So, you see, it all amounts to the same thing: tomato - tomahto, potato - potahto, salvation - enslavement of the entire human race on our way to world domination.
Also, at the end of the day, the church would have probably blown it all on stained glass and HBO.
Insidiously yours,
Baron Destructo
Cc: Calamitous Jane, Glaxnor the Miscreant, Sinderella Washington, Xxxaptak’qul, Dr. Catastro, Dr. Disastro, Dr. Quinn Meddlesome Woman, Ray Mephistopheles, Archfiend Animus, Brutus Badly, the Plague Zombies, Vorzik the Planet Squisher, the Malevolater, Count Sinister, Kugal Baruth, Death Knell, Star Father Celestio, Shatterdam, Princess Arcana, the Mystifier, the Procrastinator, the Soul Emancipator, Quickstrike, Professor Frosty, Flamer the Flaming Man, the Pummeler, the Purple Lamprey, and John Tesh.”
Book Club Results. It was The Princess Bride of The Crooked Letter in the fantasy category, and The Time Traveler’s Wife nudging past Alas, Babylon in the scifi category. You’ll all have an extra week to read the selections as I’ve pushed back discussion to the first week of January.
As in previous months, I’m going to go ahead and read the other titles nevertheless - Alas, Babylon which was recommended to me by Claire at Scifi, and The Crooked Letter whose writer, Sean Williams, is apparently a fan of the show and I think it would be great to show him some support. Who’s with me?!
This week, I finished two books: Isaac Asimov’s Foundation (a masterpiece of science fiction) and Dan Simmons’ Summer of Night (the creepiest horror novel I’ve read in recent memory). With the Golden Compass movie set to premiere next week, I thought I would give the first book of His Dark Materials Trilogy another try. But before I do, I’ve decided to take a little break and entertain myself with a little light reading from my youth: Goscinny and Uderzo’s La Serpe D’Or (in the original French, natch).
Let’s squeeze in some questions and comments:
Thornyrose writes: “Is there any point in the year where the entire production staff is truly on hiatus?”
Answer: Nope. Our Visual Effects department will be working into early next year and by when the time comes for their hiatus, we’ll be back in the offices prepping season 5.
Ploker writes: “Is that a pic of your waiter…”
Answer: That is Fuel owner Tom Doughty (who tirelessly works the room while Chef/owner Rob Belcham works the kitchen).
Anonymous #1 writes: “Hi, does any of the story ideas you have for season 5 include Ford or any chance of seeing him at all during season 5???”
Answer: As things stand, it is unlikely we’ll see Ford in season 5.
Morgia a ecrit: “Est-ce que votre équipe a carte blanche dans la création des personnages et des histoires ou faut-il que vous suiviez des critères déjà établis ?”
Reponse: Nous avons carte blanche.
Elizabeth writes: “Do you think the fans will like the change in the timeline that happens at the end of Continuum (the thing where something is different but they remember the old timeline)?”
Answer: Fans are making a HUUUUGE deal out of this change to the timeline that, at the end of the day, is a very tiny alteration.
Indy-D writes: “ This may have already been asked and answered, but will Sheppard eventually get a bed that fits his body?”
Answer: Actually, the beds are bigger but Sheppard actually prefers the smaller versions because he doesn’t like his feet tucked in at night. Go figure.
Anonymous #2 writes: “Do you think the fans will like the change in the timeline that happens at the end of Continuum (the thing where something is different but they remember the old timeline)?”
Answer: I think the fans will be livid that they spent so much time agonizing over such a small thing.
Twolly writes: “In my dream, you and Martin were my neighbors […] you suggested I put on a party hat […] . Then we proceeded to go to the laundry mat and eat hamburgers that were hanging from the ceiling by strings. Weird huh?”
Answer: Everything except the part where we have the hamburgers suspended from the ceiling by strings. Martin and I have actually eaten there.
Waffle writes: “This might be an odd question for your blog, but do you know what Peter Deluise is up to these days?”
Answer: Alas, I do not.

73 comments:
Love Asimov, and am reading him again now. Cheers to the memory of Hari Sheldon and pschohistory.
I am envious of your speed reading. I started Foundation a couple of weeks ago, but really only read it when I take the bus, which is not very often. Is this the first time you've read it? Are you planning on reading the rest of the series?
Two Baron Destructo missives in three days! Almost like getting a christmas present early. I am eagerly awaiting Lady Peter's response..
Checked out two bookstores for the Crooked Letter, without success. I plan to order it next week, during which time I will go through the selected books(re-reading Alas Babylon at the moment). I picked up the Golden Commpass also, on the principle that if people are protesting the movie it is the right thing to do.
No questions, but impatiently awaiting my next fix of Atlantis with tomorrow night's episode.
St Andrew's day..30 November
Could you wish everybody a happy St Andrew's day. St Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland. We might be a little country but we are proud of our heritage and a fiercely loyal people. Some say we are just fierce! :-)
Will Sam and Jack finally get together in Continuum???!!!???
"Fans are making a HUUUUGE deal out of this change to the timeline that, at the end of the day, is a very tiny alteration."
"I think the fans will be livid that they spent so much time agonizing over such a small thing."
It's the fish. You're taking the fish back out of the pond again, aren't you. NOT THE FISH!!! What did they ever do to you? *sobs*
Is the change in the timeline going to be that there are (again) now no fish in Jack's pond?
The Golden Compass is one of my favorite books, I can't wait to hear what you think about it upon reading it again. I found it to be a pretty fast read, so I'm guessing you'll have it finished soon. I hope you post your thoughts when you're done.
Since you're pitching new stuff (amongst all of the awesome meals you have - I'm jealous), allow me a request. I would love to see more strange phenomena (not just at here at home), but on the show ;-) For example, new mysteries solved, travel to strange places, and see new races.
Do you think that maybe there should be a bigger change to the timeline or more permanent consequences from Continuum, then?
Oh for crying out loud. Joe has nearly (as in he had *viewed* not made decisions about)nothing to do with Ark of Truth/Continuum. Why do people keep badgering him?
I might actually try to read The Princess Bride. I love the movie, but the book...I had a hard time getting into and gave up. Maybe now I can.
suse
Cool old comic series. I can't say that I've read it, mostly because I can't speak/read French. It seems pretty prolific.
Do you have any special Christmas traditions?
Bonsoir Joseph,
Merci d'avoir répondu à ma question, je suis heureuse de constater que cette série est la création de vrais artistes et non pas d'un modèle déjà établi. Asimov et Astérix ? Je suis tout à fait d'accord avec ça, mais celui là je ne l'ai jamais lu, j'aime bien Les douze travaux d'Astérix, je rigole à chaque fois. Je trouve que tu as des bloggers vraiment très intéressants pour la plupart. Les commentaires sont diversifiés et les questions et réponses sont pertinentes.
Bon vendredi.
Oh, Asterix ... my little brothers are huge fans. When I went to Paris they were easy to please in the way of souvenirs - Asterix and Tin Tin figurines. They wanted me to go to the Asterix theme park outside Paris ... not really my scene.
Since other people are sharing dreams they've had with you, I may as well too. It wasn't so much with you as with me reading your blog. No offense, but it wasn't a very interesting dream, seeing as I do that when I'm awake.
Have you had an strange dreams that you'd be willing to share with us?
Joe,
Any chance we will ever see a bathroom in Atlantis? Would love to see an ancient toilet or urinal looks like.
Cheers!
why does Chuck have the old uniform in The Seer??? Did anyone actually realize at the time?
"Princess Bride" is a wonderful book. I found that I enjoyed it as much as teh film. In fact, the book was, inmany ways, more poignant than the iflm--especially Fezzik's backstory. It brought me close to tears more than once!
Don't know what Peter Deluise is up to?? Call him up and ask him to direct some Atlantis! Seriously, I greatly enjoyed his directorial style, wirting and hilarious commentaries.
I would also like to see Atlantis bathrooms, but I'd also like to see an indoor swimming pool--you know the ancients would'ce had one.
Royal
I too shall be purchasing teh Pullman novels so I can see what the fuss is about. Funny is it not though, that JK Rowling did Harry Potter and everyone raved about it SO much that I gave myself a mental block and REFUSE to read it but whip up a storm of controversy and I'm there to see what caused it.
BTW In my own little world of David Gemmell right now.
I woke myself up once proclaiming vehemently that "I am NOT a pomegranate" for which I'm sure we are all grapefruit...erm grateful.
Hello Mr. Mallozzi,
Will you please share with your fans here in Germany if on Atlantis we will see visits again by Jack O'neill? Thank you.
Hennie Keppel
*waves*
It's early and i'm not quite awake yet! So this will be short and sweet just like me. :o)
Fistly, oooooooooh blast from the past! Asterix and Obelix Oh my goodness me, I haven't thought about those books for ages. I read them growing up, and loved them all. Infact i've probably still got the whole set in the attic somewhere (because i'm a hoarder) Do you just have the odd one or two, or do you have the whole set from your younger days? I'm not sure how old they are, but I remember buying them about 24 years ago with my pocket money...
I suddenly feel very old. LOL
*hugs*
If you don't finish a meal at a restaurant do you ask for a box/doggy bag and take it home? Or are you not into leftovers?
And how about tonight's episode of Survivor, eh?
After all Weir has been mentioned about a good half dozen times since Lifeline, and Ford has none since Lost Boys.
So if we're not going to see Ford at all in S5 (fine, fair enough)... will there be any mention to him? After all, Weir has been mentioned about a good half dozen times since Lifeline, and Ford has none since Lost Boys.
I have started to write in a similar way to yourself. Alas, it is interesting to me. I bring this up, after I received from my friend about 'Fashion Strikes' in which; fashion victimizes people.
This was my response to the email:
Well I have a continuing peace treaty with Fashion, thus I am safe from all and any Fashion Strikes.
Alas, I am still plagued by well co-ordinated military strikes by the US Military.
In a premature response, to the comment you may post about myself writing like yourself. I would like to ask the following:
1.)Is my writing even close?
2.)Do you write like you talk, or talk like you write, or do you not talk how you write?
Unrelated question:
What is the best ever fan mail/gift anyone involved in the show has received?
I have read Isaac Asimov's book. Alas, it was a long time ago and I barely remember the plot.
Have you read Mathew Riley's 'Ice Station' as I have and it is not terribly compelling, nevertheless a good read.
Have you read it and did you like it?
Seeing as how my copy of Sean Williams The Crooked Letter just arrived in the mail today, I say, count me in!
(And Alas, Babylon should be arriving shortly. I think I might have bet on the wrong books winning the vote...)
Also, am still ploughing through White Plague. It's disconcerting how many character names in the first sixty-odd pages seem to reference Stargate in some way, shape, or form. Off the top of my head, we've got John (Jack) O'Neill, Stephen Browder, and Professor Beckett (Scottish, medical background, and described as having light brown hair!). Now I'm waiting for a MacKay, Jackson, or Carter to show up...
So is the end scene in Continuum like the 'no fish in the pond' scene in Threads?
I know that the VFX depot. have been slogging their guts out to create the best VFX sequences ever.
How do you think the visual effects have been so far this year?(I loved The Seer scene, Davos and Teyla, and that wonderful city view.)
Have you envisioned a different VFX that hasn't worked, and what was it?
Do you like Jerry Sienfeld?
Did/Do you like the sitcom Sienfeld?
Would you ever have Jerry Sienfeld on the show?
Similarly, Would you have Jim Carey on the show? He was not bad in Number 23? I could see him as a serious actor on the show, or the comic relief.
have you thought on doing a stagate atlantis film?
Have you ever watched hell's kitchen or kitchen nightmares? I just was wondering what you though of "chief Ramsey"?
Hey, I think Entertainment Weekly gave the Stargate franchise a back-handed compliment (or, is it a slam?) in this week’s issue, in its review of SciFi’s Tin Man mini-series. See: “TV Review: Tin Man” by Ken Tucker.
The last paragraph reads: “ The title is a bit of a puzzler, though: McDonough's character isn't the central one, Deschanel's is — so why use Tin Man? Sci Fi Channel could have called it Stargate: DG and probably drawn more viewers. C+”.
Princess Bride, Time Traveler's Wife, and Golden Compass? It's like my trifecta of reading!
I read "The Golden Compass", along with the other two books in the His Dark Materials series out loud to my 13 year old son last year. (Yes, I still read out loud to my kids each night, even with my oldest now at age 14. My husband, though, stopped reading to our son when he hit 14, as soon as he finished reading out loud the last book in the Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series.)
My son and I both enjoyed the HDM series, but you may be wondering what all the fuss is about when finished with The Golden Compass, since the first book is set in an alternate Earth reality. The second book is set in our reality, with a different main character, until midpoint. It's not until the 3rd book, very near the end, that Pullman stops being "vague" and lets his true feelings show about religion. I mean, you can play "does he really mean that" for most of the books, but when character Mary Malone starts voicing her opinion, you will have no doubts.
Of course, I'm an atheist and raising my kids that way, so my son and I had no problem with it.
BTW, it helps in the enjoyment of reading "His Dark Materials" series if you are familiar with John Milton's "Paradise Lost". Did you ever study that in university?
I commend him for working hard! I think that a resturant benefits greatly when the owners are competly hands on.. Plus they get to expariment on you hehe!!
Going tommrow to pick up book selections I'm finishing Terry Goodkinds latest in his series Confessor. I'm not sure if I'm happy about reading the princess bride I love the movie so I might find it hard seperating them. I know th book came first so I will try. I'm going to try pulling a "you" and read all 4 selections. I'm going to my sisters for a week and I'm sure I'll have loads of time on my hand.. She's kind of boring.... LOL.
Have a great weekend Joe, Say hi to everyone at work let them know we appreciate your/their hard work!!!
One more thing: The Time Traveler's Wife is currently being filmed in Toronto, with Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams as the two leads.
Karen said...It's the fish. You're taking the fish back out of the pond again, aren't you. NOT THE FISH!!! What did they ever do to you? *sobs*
Not, NOT THE FISH! I must agree, we can't lose the fish, not now!!! Poor Jack, what will he do without them now that he's used to them?!!
J-Dog said...Any chance we will ever see a bathroom in Atlantis? Would love to see an ancient toilet or urinal looks like.
While I might admit to some curiosity as to the bathrooms on Atlantis, I wouldn't say that I'd 'love' to see them... but hey, whatever rocks your boat!! (Joke, this is just a joke, please don't be offended, J-Dog!)
And may I say that I loved Asimov's Foundation series, plus many of his other books, when I read them several years back. I hope you like the rest of the series as well.
What are your thoughts on John Wyndham? I loved most of his books, though I've heard people moan about him rushing his endings at times. My favourites are The Kraken Wakes and, of course, The Day of the Triffids. I wasn't so keen on The Trouble with Lichen, though.
Asterix and Obolix, I LOVE THOSE! and little dog mattix (probably spealt all the names wrong heh)
I also enjoyed reading the Tin Tin comics by Herge, have you read them?
Oh and Northern Lights (or is it called the Golden Compass over there?)anyway the first in the Phillip Pullman's series, is the first of the best book series I have ever read! They are superb! You really must read it *pokes*
Have you met any of the new SGA family members yet? i.e. Jason's daughter, David's son or Rachel's son?
Salut Joseph =)
sa va bien?? Moi super!c'est le week end =)!!
Ahhhh j'adore Astérix et Obélix, je les est présque tous lu^^! en plus en francais, éhéh c'est bien joseph^^!
dans 2 heure j'ai rendez vous au docteur pour faire 2 vaccin, snif!!
Question:
1)Combient d'heure par jour passez vous sur votre ordinateur?
2)Quel qualité voudriez vous obtenir que vous n'avez pas?
Bon, je vais revenir toute a l'heure, Kiss!
Hey Joe,
After seeing how the show is holding it's viewers from last season for the most part and there was a 5th season pickup. Do you see Stargate Atlantis going on for several more seasons? Do you want to just end it based on a creative decision or will you and the other producers keep developing new and exciting ideas like how SG-1 did? Mark Stern from SCI FI said that Atlantis was showing all the signs to match it's siblings longevity. Do you happen to agree?
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Answer: Actually, the beds are bigger but Sheppard actually prefers the smaller versions because he doesn’t like his feet tucked in at night. Go figure.
Hope he wears bedsocks to keep his poor little tootsie warm during the night then! :D
Question for you Joe.. do you ever find it difficult to read and write at the same time? What I mean is... I often find when I am in the middle of a writing project, I don't want to read any books or stories because it distracts me from what I am writing or kind of takes me out of the right mindset for writing.
If that makes any sense?
How do you manage with doing both? Is it a matter of discipline, of training yourself to write no matter what, whether you're "in the right mindset" or not?
I found the Golden Compass a bit of a slog but the other two follow ups made it worthwhile.
Joe,
Happy Friday!
Are you currently in negotiations with actors for Season 5? When do you hope to have those settled?
When will the major storlyines for Season 5 be settled upon? Not looking for specific date necessarily, more of a general timeline. As in "We'll start dividing up stories to the writers in late January, so we have to have our main storylines decided by the end of December" kind of thing.
Oh, I started Princess Bride this week. So far, I am enjoying it. Looking forward to seeing the discussion in January.
Cheers!
SMB_BOOKS
1)Will any of the threats Atlantis faces this year come from an unsuspected source?
2)Will anyone get drunk this season?
I am just winding up the His Dark Materials trilogy, and I have quite enjoyed it and I am looking forward to seeing the Golden Compass movie.
It sounds like you have tried reading it before but didn't finish, so i am guessing you didn't enjoy it much. Was it the writing, the story, both? And a general question: What are the sort of sci-fi/fantasy story cliches that annoy you the most? Just curious.
P.S. How close is it to 750,000?
comme tim guinee revient dans continium on ne parlera plus du couple daniel et vala n'est-ce pas ?
Long Live to Stargate Atlantix !
Maintenant je comprend pourquoi vous êtes un écrivain plein de talent votre sens de l'humour. Vous avez des lettres! Vous connaissez vos classiques! Quiconque connaît les bandes dessinées d'Astérix par Uderzo et Goscinny ( pas les autres opus qui ne sont pas à la hauteur )ne peut que réussir dans la vie !!
Cao amico
Thanks for kind of answering my question, I still don't know if you think fans will like the change. But I now know that you apparently don't think it's that important of a change. It's the fish, isn't it? You're taking them out.
"Answer: Actually, the beds are bigger but Sheppard actually prefers the smaller versions because he doesn’t like his feet tucked in at night. Go figure."
Okay, that's unusual.
Please answer my question. Do you know of any fairly cheap, really good restaurants in LA (preferably near Anaheim)? Thanks!
Alas! I don't believe it!
I don't know if you've ever discussed this before, but:
how do you and Paul Mullie jointly write a script?
Do you each come in with seperate first drafts and then take it from there?
How many scripts are you guys currently writing for Season 5?
Are there going to be a episode in season four or five that's kind of like Zero Hour? Thanks!
re: Sheps bed and over-hanging, untucked feet...as long as he's happy, I'll stop worrying. lol
Next question...in "The Tao of Rodney", did McKay read some of Sheppard's secret thoughts that we will find out about sometime in the future? (i.e. the identity of a love interest, greatest fear).
Hi Joe,
any advice where to send a request for Michael Shanks and Claudia Black's DVD commentary for "The Ark of Truth" movie? It's a frellin shame that nobody thought about asking these two for the episode commentary for season 10 DVDs. No offense, but writers/producers/directors etc. ones are quite often too dry and technical. Also nothing against Amanda Tapping, but I really would prefer to listen to Claudia, Ben and Michael. Have you ever listened to Farscape DVDs episode commentaries, btw?
Je suis revenu du docteur, vivante!
Comme je suis entrin de m'endormir sur mon clavier d'ordinateur, je vous dit bonne nuit, gros kisou, a demaine,
IIIIIII LLLOOOVVVEEE YYYOOOUU!!!!
any advice where to send a request for Michael Shanks and Claudia Black's DVD commentary for "The Ark of Truth" movie? It's a frellin shame that nobody thought about asking these two for the episode commentary for season 10 DVDs.
It's not a case of not being asked, the commentaries have always been done by the actors on a voluntary basis in their personal time. Michael has done some in the past but more recently, for both he and Claudia I think family time has been a little more important. Personally, as I applaud both of their decisions not to be "nanny families", if that means less time for "extras" like commentaries, then so be it.
Answer: I think the fans will be livid that they spent so much time agonizing over such a small thing.
I think it's more of a shame that bitter past experience leads so many of us to be concerned about which fan group will be screwed over this time. Which ever side of the fence we're from I think we're all getting a little tired of the constant push-pull of differing producers' personal preferences and hobby horses.
Salut joe!!
Comment ça va?
J'aurais quelques petites choses à demander!
D'abord j'aurais aimé savoir s'il y avait des chances que l'on voient Walter ou le major Davis un jour sur Atlantis?
J'aime beaucoup ces deux personnages et personellement ça me ferait trés plaisir de les revoir!
Ensuite, et c'est une question souvent posée, mais y'a t-il des choses qu'un français débarque un jour sur Atlantis?Et si ce devait être le cas avez-vous une idée de l'acteur(ou de l'actrice)que vous choisireriez?
Voilà!
Je vous souhaite une bonne fin de...en fait j'ignore quelle heure il est chez vous!Bref, bonne continuation, et...vive stargate!
"Angelique a ecrit: “Et est-ce que tim ginee sera dans le telefilm continium ?”
Reponse: Oui."
I don't know French, but my guess is that the question is whether Tim Guinee (Tomin) will be in "Continuum", right? And your answer is "Yes" to this question. Now please tell me it's not true and we'll see Tomin in "The Ark of Truth" ONLY!
With the changing climate (aka weather), think you'll ever film an SGA episode in the snow?
Have you ever read, "The Lies of Locke Lamora" by Scott Lynch? He has a series, that I thikn is fresh and very stylish.
I'm currently reading "Red Seas Under Red Skies"...you might give him a try.
I think in the States we're about three books behind I have to import them out of Can for his current stuff.
Leesa Perrie said...
What are your thoughts on John Wyndham? I loved most of his books, though I've heard people moan about him rushing his endings at times. My favourites are The Kraken Wakes and, of course, The Day of the Triffids. I wasn't so keen on The Trouble with Lichen, though.
Oooh I loved Chocky and also the Midwich Cuckoo. I remember reading and enjoying both of those many years ago. There was also a pretty good TV adaptation of Chocky... probably back in the 80s I think...
Hey Joe - one of my favorite episodes from the first 3 seasons was "McKay and Mrs. Miller". So I'm really looking forward to "Miller's Crossing". And just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate that you scheduled it on my birthday ... what a wonderful present.
Thanks, Joe!!!
Hi, Joe.
Watching the local evening news here in California, and in El Dorado County a pug had 11 puppies in 6 hours. 10 puppies survived - 7 boys and 3 girls. A Plethora of Pugs! Cute little brown ones. They're about two weeks old now...and will be available for sale! LOL!
Three hours to go until "Miller's Crossing." Patient...NOT!
Best wishes, Morjana
Oh wow!!!
THAT was THE BEST EPISODE!!!
awesome!!!! so dark, wrong, good, perfect!!!!
I love you guys!
When I told my husband tonights episode was called miller's crossing, he was like "so are we going to have gangsters on the pegasus galaxy?
my husband loves the Coen brothers miller's crossing, do you guys too?
or was it coincidence.
by the way I loved the moving scene with rodney pouring his heart out and then the wraith just yawns! , loved this episode, its my fav...did I mention that already?
OH!!!! BY they way...that painting...the horrid...horrid diamond painting, with the saturn and the landscape....I beg you!
I had to endure that for 10 years on the SG1...please....and why did they HAD to have it lite up, as to show it more.
I'll paint you one, just take it away!
Joe, can you please pass along a message to Martin Gero? Tell him I love him and want to have his extremely talented babies. (RE: "Miller's Crossing" was amazing!)
Absolutely fantastic episode so many twists and turns, 'like a twisty turny thing' to paraphrase Blackadder.
Sheppard and Ronan reminded me of Cruise and Hoffman in Rainman the way they were dressed alike priceless.
Nice to see Ronan didn’t have to hit anyone to be entertaining, his expressions as Walter told him the joke said it all, he wished he had his gun on him.
Good to be back at the SGC as well in familiar territory.
The dark side of Sheppard so quietly menacing, the man would make an excellent serial killer if he fancied a career change.
McKay at his best simpering on the surface but with an intellect that defies belief, desperate to give his life for his sister and being told by Sheppard that he can’t allow that. To be told that you are more important to the military than the life of your sister.
And a Wraith with a heart or was he just peckish for an appetiser? He finished the code too quickly after feeding on Wallace for my liking.
If Sheppard covers up the report into Wallace’s death doesn’t that mean the Wraith gets the blame for attacking and killing Wallace when all that’s happened is a suicide/sacrifice and a nice meal?
And as far as facing consequences for his actions Sheppard has to live with the knowledge of what he has or hasn’t done.
Did Wallace go willingly??
Anon you devil’s advocate you, you’re so good at winding us up like tinker toys and watching the sparks fly as we try and shoot down your arguments. With that in mind and with the full force of my intellectual wit ‘nah nah (((((((raspberry ))))))’
Sorry if this is disjointed but I need to go back and watch the episode to see dark Sheppard again.
Pauline
I'm a huge Michael and Teyla fan. So I've got loads of questions. Here goes:
1. Is Teyla able to transmit and recieve thoughts while she's talking to, let's say, Lt. Sam Carter? Can she do it simultaneously, with ease? Has she ever done it with Michael?
2. Did Kanan knock Teyla up or is Michael the baby's daddy? Does Teyla have any lapses in memory? Can false ones be created?
3. Is Michael a walking Wraith-repellent? Aside from his appearance and his altered brain pattern, is he giving off a scent that only Wraiths can detect (and reject)?
(I'm not sure if this went through. Just in case it didn't, I'm going to post it again. If this is a duplicate, please ignore. Thank you advance.)
Hi ! J'aime bien me balader sur votre blog qui est, il faut le reconnaître très impressionnant par la régularité quotidienne de sa mise à jour ! Wow !
Bref ! D'habitude je ne laisse aucun commentaire mais là je me dois de faire une exception en raison d'Astérix ! C'est trop bien comme BD et en plus elle est en français !
Je n'ai pas lu La Serpe d'Or mais le meilleur album est, en ce qui me concerne, Le Tour de Gaule d'Astérix. Vous qui aimez bien la gatronomie dans tous ses états, je pense que c'est l'album qui vous plairait le plus ;p !
Post a Comment